00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

+++The Zombie Survival Crew+++

680,594 Views | 14,239 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 09:47:03

A machete would still be useful, the baseball bat will just be able to crack his skull and such, I could simply stab him in the face and it'll reach the brain.

The chainsaw would be an awesome melee weapon, but you have to think about how you're going to find petrol/gasoline. Also, it's gonna be very heavy so be prepared to get very tired.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 09:54:05

HOORAH my 50th post. The struggle of battling the undead with chainsaws is too much. Listen its not that good for braving hordes of zombies. It also runs out of petrol easily. And what if you did push the machete in until it reached the brain it could get stuck or even worse brake. Im sorry but machete ova baseball bat bad choice. Clansman wat do u think

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 10:06:48

At 6/3/05 09:54 AM, barrboy101 wrote: HOORAH my 50th post. The struggle of battling the undead with chainsaws is too much. Listen its not that good for braving hordes of zombies. It also runs out of petrol easily. And what if you did push the machete in until it reached the brain it could get stuck or even worse brake. Im sorry but machete ova baseball bat bad choice. Clansman wat do u think

Chainsaw? Just watch that you have sealed up all your cuts and wounds and wear a gas mask when using that, A chainsaw is a real fun weapon to use when combating the dead, You can literally go mad with it. But bear in mind it IS messy and the chance of spreading the Solanum is high.

I would not advise a machete over a baseball bat to anyone who is not familiar with one, be honest. Not everyone has a chance to swing around a machete everyday, there is some technique (beleive it or not!) Your best chance is to lop heads off with it. Anyone can swing a baseball bat square at a zombies head, it does require more power, but it does stop a zombie, knocking it this way and that until its skull or brain is too traumered to function.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 10:12:47

You know how fast gun ammunition will go? That's the first thing everyone will look for, guns. And, I never said I was going to take on a horde of zombies with a machete, i'm just talking about single zombies. I could probably take two with a machete, and about five with a chainsaw. But if too many come, i'll freaking run my ass off. Your bat won't fight a horde of zombies, either.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 10:15:30

Why do you think I own a machete? To be pretty? I use it to cut things like branches and such. I know how to cut with it. And a bat would require many swings before actually destroying the head enough for it to die.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 10:19:11

I didnt say i was going to battle the hordes of zombies with a bat either!!! I wouldnt use any weapon to battle hordes of zombies except a light saber

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 11:04:11

At 6/3/05 10:12 AM, KiteMan wrote: You know how fast gun ammunition will go? That's the first thing everyone will look for, guns. And, I never said I was going to take on a horde of zombies with a machete, i'm just talking about single zombies. I could probably take two with a machete, and about five with a chainsaw. But if too many come, i'll freaking run my ass off. Your bat won't fight a horde of zombies, either.

SILENCE FOOLISH MORTAL!!! *flicks fore head* Men on there own have been found in rooms with one zombie still with a machete clasped in there cold dead hands! A young 13/14 year old will find it hard to cope mentally let alone physically with the idea of undead warfare (I think everyone would shit themselves). But you will adapt at such a young age.

I dont know why everyone wants to go out and get raped by zombies, but the generally idea is you AVOID close combat with zombies, so no, you wouldnt go out blazing around with a bat. The bat is there for self defence, Out and about building and urban areas its imperative you have some sort of defence weapon to hold back/kill a zombie trying to escape to a safer area, (Try to climb if the opportunity presents itself, but dont bum around it too much or you legs are likely to be grabbed!)

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 13:00:22

Kiteman, a titanium baseball bat with one swing can cause immense trauma to the brain and sever the brain tisse holding it together. It all depends on how big and how much weight you got on you, I'm 6'1 and 200 lbs a baseball bat in my hands is a lethal weapon, and about the chains I can easily wield one it ain't heavy to me and I do have gas for it. The best thing to do is find some where that is solid and get the weapons you can and hide out there and survive, confrontation is a stupid move unless you really need something. Like me I'd save my girlfriend, that's a stupid move but I don't care I love her and would sacrifice my life for her's.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 14:49:02

At 6/2/05 08:04 PM, Vegeton wrote: Just to say once more any melee weapons that are knives, daggers, swords, axes, or machetes are a dumb move. Bone and flesh aren't as smooth and creamy as you may think these type of weapons would get stuck int he bodies.

man flesh is a lot creamier than you could ever imagine.if a knife goes in it comes out again.it doesnt get stuck unless it has some stupid over exagerated serrated edges. from personel experience i know that a dumb ass melee weapon would go through flesh and bone.and i have a scar to prove it.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 15:59:13

just to be sure take a twating wepon and a stabing wepon with you then evryones happy

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-03 23:08:54

I believe in a zombie invaded world it is best to avoid combat only when the goin gets tuff. Like say you have to get some supplies of corse u need something to fend zombies of with. I think it would be best to do it dotd style. If you need to get killing zombies menntally out of your mind try killing them from far away first such as throwing knifes bow nd arrow and guns. Hey guys i just got the coolest dotd poster its massive and its the one where all the zombies are pushing up against the frosted glass.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-04 12:59:44

lol sounds fair,i suppose we are the zombie survival crew. but on the other hand i have about a hundred people under me all 'baja zombie hunters'.its a win win situation.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-04 14:11:50

I just found this thread and like the creator, i myself have a healthy fear of the living dead and also like the creator i own a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks. Which by the way i strongly suggest you all buy.

So anyway, personally i can't remember the entire book so in a zombie attack i think i would have to run get the book, have a quick read and then finally realise it was all futile as the zombies have already found me and trapped me inside the house with a dwindling food supply and little to no weapons on hand.

shit1 really

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-05 15:14:51

its an excellent book.and changed the way i thought about previous plans i had.now im like ''where the hell can i get myself a trench spike.''

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-05 15:54:57

i'd like to think that ppl know enough about zombies from movies that if there was an outbreak (this is such a ridiculous discussion...) ppl would know not to get bitten by a zombie like the stupid person at the start of all zombie movies;

Man walks into a room and sees another man standing with his back to him
what are you doing here in the dark man?
no reply
Whats going on? why don't you answer?
the dumbass walks towards the man who is quite obviously a zombie and puts his hand on his shoulder
Are you alright man?... ARRHHHHH, WHY DID YOU BITE MY HAND?

some ppl just deserve it

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-05 17:13:01

im in a good mood ive found a good wepon my vacume cleaner has a prety hefty metal part for the tube wich is prety good and a toaster alla shaun of the dead

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-05 18:40:16

i found a tree splitter in my shed today thatd kick ass.its like a massive screw a meter long and about 2 inched thick of pure iron.theres another addition to my collection of possible weapons.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-06 15:47:34

decided to make a iventory of wepons i can use
bass guitar
5 big knives
big hammer
2 woks
good few saucepans
crapy criket bat
spade
long handled trowel thing
not bad rearly

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-06 16:01:45

At 5/29/05 01:26 PM, Shadow_XII wrote: This sounds like a good crew to join up with...

The only weapons I have around the hose are:

A machete
A katana (terrible condition)
A Japanese combat knife
A staff

I'll take a pic if you want?

poor weapons. machette will get stuck in zombie's head, katana you need alot and i mean alot of skill to use, combat knife is not a great weapon because of it's small range, staff is poor because your trying to destory their brains. there wouldn't be enough weight behind the swing. could be intresting if you were to tie the knife to the end of the staff. until then, you have a poor weapon choice. the idea about 50 men is dumb, there is too big responceablility. have loads of small groups, not one big crowd. when worked right, the 50 men can work amazing but in a pack, they are crap.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-06 16:11:42

At 6/6/05 03:47 PM, sidmyrotten wrote: decided to make a iventory of wepons i can use
bass guitar
5 big knives
big hammer
2 woks
good few saucepans
crapy criket bat
spade
long handled trowel thing
not bad rearly

this is worse.

bass guitar has too much weight so it would be too hard to swing at the zombies. the big knives have too close of range. 2 woks don't have enough weight behind to cause damage. same for the saucepans. rubbish cricket bat can cause abit of damage as long it is a proper one, not a kid's one. spade would be hard to use because of it's weight, so you have to be strong to use it. don't know about the trowl. and yes, this is poor. to tell the truth i don't know if this is worse than the other one....

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-06 16:27:08

yeh your right im screwed may as well hang a all you can eat buffet sing round my neck

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-06 16:42:14

At 6/6/05 04:27 PM, sidmyrotten wrote: yeh your right im screwed may as well hang a all you can eat buffet sing round my neck

no one is screwed out of their minds.....unless certain condictions....but your not screwed. you got to go and get some better weapons.....thats all....

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 02:42:34

I still need to purchase my weapons

but I've got the book so I am well on my way
to being able to survive a zombie attack.

Don't forget, you can't go after Zombies without a leather jacket.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 03:21:25

At 6/6/05 04:01 PM, Lost_Chances wrote:
At 5/29/05 01:26 PM, Shadow_XII wrote: This sounds like a good crew to join up with...

The only weapons I have around the hose are:

A machete
A katana (terrible condition)
A Japanese combat knife
A staff

I'll take a pic if you want?
poor weapons. machette will get stuck in zombie's head, katana you need alot and i mean alot of skill to use, combat knife is not a great weapon because of it's small range, staff is poor because your trying to destory their brains. there wouldn't be enough weight behind the swing. could be intresting if you were to tie the knife to the end of the staff. until then, you have a poor weapon choice. the idea about 50 men is dumb, there is too big responceablility. have loads of small groups, not one big crowd. when worked right, the 50 men can work amazing but in a pack, they are crap.

man what the hell made you draw that conclusion.have you ever used any of these items.and i have to admit a knife on the end of a staff is pretty dumb.i mean you try and hit something dead on with the end of a stick.it a part of traing in my ju jitsu classes and its freakin hard to break even the biggest paper drum.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 03:25:31

max brooks was most prominent on one melee weapon.a shaolin spade,i wouldnt mind getting hold of one of those.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 14:32:04

At 6/7/05 03:21 AM, gabriel_johnson wrote: WA WA WA WA

i tell you where, some ideas from a proper "zombie camp" website, my own ideas, and i know the idea of the knife at the end of stick is dumb but it will improve it. you got to improvise you complete moron. at least i'm not the type to think "oh, i know! lets go and get a machine gun from my ass". so stop crying.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 15:17:16

At 6/7/05 02:32 PM, Lost_Chances wrote:
At 6/7/05 03:21 AM, gabriel_johnson wrote: WA WA WA WA
i tell you where, some ideas from a proper "zombie camp" website, my own ideas, and i know the idea of the knife at the end of stick is dumb but it will improve it. you got to improvise you complete moron. at least i'm not the type to think "oh, i know! lets go and get a machine gun from my ass". so stop crying.

spotting flaws dude.and im not one of the guys that says .i'll go out and take them all on one man army style with a revolver and 6 bullets.for one i live in northern ireland so me mentioning my use gun would be stupid because they're illegal. and look back at you own posts where you bitch about how much someones plan sucks.so kid stop being a whiney so and so about the suggestion that you may actually be wrong.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 15:20:36

and let me get one thing straight ''A proper zombie camp''.Let me think that over before i get back to you

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 15:29:58

At 6/7/05 03:17 PM, gabriel_johnson wrote: spotting flaws dude.and im not one.....

what the fuck are you on about?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2005-06-07 20:47:26

Sorry to disturb ur rampant arguing lost chances but hav u done my sig yet dont care if u hav or not just wondering. Anyway if the world does turn what do u think it would be from a new disease, When hell is full but i also heard this theory that there will be this new lite milk coming out and it has something in it that circulates and dirives the brain of mental aspects turning them slowly into flesh eating zombies. Post ur reply