00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

340,482 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 15:44:03

At 9/9/05 12:39 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: ingenious old chap! I'll fire up the old girl!

They might notice that. The Aussies can bitch rightly about things like that, but there is NO CONTROL over the weather, so we can get away with that one.

We need to regroup and get ready for a fresh assault on the Aussies tomorrow morning.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 15:53:42

Hello Coop83!

I wish to join the English Gentlemans club, where one may sit and talk over a lovely steaming cup of tea, as English gentlemen do. I do not know much about sport, but I am distressed by our tragic defeat from North Ireland, and one does hope that we will regain our confidence in time for the World Cup. But we must look ahead to many English victories in the future!

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 16:43:38

At 9/9/05 03:53 PM, ChurroNG wrote: Hello Coop83!

I wish to join the English Gentlemans club, where one may sit and talk over a lovely steaming cup of tea, as English gentlemen do. I do not know much about sport, but I am distressed by our tragic defeat from North Ireland, and one does hope that we will regain our confidence in time for the World Cup. But we must look ahead to many English victories in the future!

I say sack Sven. He's a disgrace (recently on the pitch) and off the pitch (Nancy?)
Get Sam Allerdyce in. He's great, and he's actually English too.

Plus after we lost to Ireland I don't even want us to Qualify. I feel so ashamed. And honestly believe that we'd just embarrass ourselves in front of the world.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 16:46:52

*Sniff*Sniff* does one smell footbal? FOOTBAL? Tis not ours anymore! It has been ransacked by those theiving frogs and brazillians! At least when americans are good at a sport, they think of it themselves eh what! No, no English have sports like rugger and cricket! What was the ozzie score at the end of the day? One missed it.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 16:50:12

Cheer up old chap. We must feel confident in ourselves in order to have a chance of winning. I know I'll pour out a nice cup of tea. That should make you feel better.

[pours tea]

Do you feel better now?

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 16:55:46

At 9/9/05 04:50 PM, ChurroNG wrote: [pours tea]

Do you feel better now?

Yes....but still, Sven must go. Sam in!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 16:57:16

At 9/9/05 04:46 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote:
*Sniff*Sniff* does one smell footbal? FOOTBAL? Tis not ours anymore! It has been ransacked by those theiving frogs and brazillians! At least when americans are good at a sport, they think of it themselves eh what! No, no English have sports like rugger and cricket! What was the ozzie score at the end of the day? One missed it.

Sorry to double-post, but one did not realise that you had posted just before me, and you would become upset upon my mention of football. Sorry but I did also miss the rugby results.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 17:00:57

At 9/9/05 04:55 PM, -Nev- wrote: Yes....but still, Sven must go. Sam in!

I agree, but at times like these one can just sit back and hope for the best.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 17:03:03

At 9/9/05 12:29 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote:
At 9/8/05 06:20 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: I have a tory party sig!! hahaha ha hah! I'm a bloody fascist! Well, he didn't so say it as mean it...
One is appauled at your choice of political party! This brilliant country needs the Liberal Demercrats eh what?

Hmm a liberal, in my day we used to shoot them, bloody political correctness. persides thats not very liberal behaviour not letting everyman have his say. I really don't know what else to say except Choose your weapon old bean do you wish to die on the sabre or at 20 paces. If a kind gentle from this establishment wouldn't mind helping us out at dawn tommorow as a umpire of sorts, i know its early but i want to be back for the start of the ashes assuming it isn't rained off.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 17:10:04

At 9/9/05 05:03 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote:
At 9/9/05 12:29 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote:
At 9/8/05 06:20 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote:
Hmm a liberal, in my day we used to shoot them, bloody political correctness. persides thats not very liberal behaviour not blah blah general tory ramblings...

Pah! One declines your offer to avoid wreaking the crockerey, however one feels one must challenge you to another form of combat to find whose is the better political view! I propose the very english sport of boxing, nose to nose, until dawn eh what?
At 9/9/05 05:32 PM ChurroNG wrote:

sorry yadda yadda rugby yadder

No matter old pip! One personally dosen't get rugby either, but cricket... ah! a different matter... (general ramblings about cricket)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 17:24:11

Pah! One declines your offer to avoid wreaking the crockerey, however one feels one must challenge you to another form of combat to find whose is the better political view! I propose the very english sport of boxing, nose to nose, until dawn eh what?

You have to explain that one again to me old bean didn't quite catch the drift.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 17:40:51

Welcome Aboard!

At 9/9/05 04:43 PM, -Nev- wrote: I say sack Sven. He's a disgrace (recently on the pitch) and off the pitch (Nancy?)
Get Sam Allerdyce in. He's great, and he's actually English too.

Good call, but I think Steve McLaren is heir to Sven's throne.

Plus after we lost to Ireland I don't even want us to Qualify. I feel so ashamed. And honestly believe that we'd just embarrass ourselves in front of the world.

That's not the English way to think. Sack Sven, but we still want to qualify IN SPITE of what he has done.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 17:52:44

That's not the English way to think. Sack Sven, but we still want to qualify IN SPITE of what he has done.

I think everyone is being a bit quick to point the blame at Sven, One has to remember he lead us to a 5-1 victory over Germany and has set england records for the most games won by England in sucession. We narrowly missed out in Euro to the home side and we went out to the best team in the world last world cup around. One admits as off late he has become somewhat Irrational but im sure it's just a temporal blip(I hope)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 18:35:32

At 9/9/05 05:52 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: I think everyone is being a bit quick to point the blame at Sven, One has to remember he lead us to a 5-1 victory over Germany and has set england records for the most games won by England in sucession. We narrowly missed out in Euro to the home side and we went out to the best team in the world last world cup around. One admits as off late he has become somewhat Irrational but im sure it's just a temporal blip(I hope)

The Germany win was five years ago. And yes Sven has a good record. But he also has a poor record. And with a team like England has we should be invinsible.

Robinson - Not Brilliant. Not terrible.

G. Neville - Great right back/organiser.
Ferdinand - One of the best in the world.
Terry - Same as above.
Cole - Great left back. Good attacker too.

Beckham - Mega famous, world superstar, amazing passer (not my choice for Captain however...that'd be Terry for me).
Lampard - English player of the year!
Gerrard - Captained the European Cup winners.
Cole/Wright-Phillips - Both fast, both skilled, both dangerous. Both Chelsea players.

Owen - Worldclass striker.
Rooney - Worldclass striker.

Its an amazing squad yet we struggle in matches. Now that can only be blamed to the manager. He hasn't handled the issues well. And Beckham doesn't scream 'Do what I say or I'll rip you a new one.' Its too forgiving. Terry would sort everyone out, I mean, he didn't do anything bad for Chelsea.

Also as the Portugal (and France) games went. The problem was, we scored first, and just defender. They just attacked and attacked till we couldn't help but conceed. Now thats bad managing. We should have been counter attacking and putting pressure on them. And we didn't. And we lost, both due to the fact we were just overwhelmed by the constant attacks.

Plus Sven isn't even English. Thats like McDonalds manager working at Subway. It just doesn't work. And I mean if Sven was a model manager it could be over looked. But lets face it, Sven is no Mourinho.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 18:54:15

At 9/9/05 06:35 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 9/9/05 05:52 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: more than the quote limit for what im about to write.

I think the fellow has too many personal problems clouding his judgement and who really thinks it's the manager alone to blame. I don't mean the players, for some reason the coaches and others never seem to be accountable to scutiny. I think in the football world they are responsible for 50% of what happens on the pitch. In essense yes Sven has gone down in my estimation recently but I don't think it's grounds for sacking

Even if we did lose to the paddys!!!!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 18:59:08

ugh! football... zzzzzzz...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 19:14:22

At 9/9/05 06:54 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: In essense yes Sven has gone down in my estimation recently but I don't think it's grounds for sacking

As soon as we stopped playing against France last year I wanted Sven out. Its just getting more and more cemented in my mind at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 04:07:23

At 9/9/05 05:03 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: If a kind gentle from this establishment wouldn't mind helping us out at dawn tommorow as a umpire of sorts

There shall be no dueling of anysort within this establishement. The maid would kill me should eithe rof you bleed upon the persian rug. If you must duel then do it outside!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 06:04:19

do you wish to die on the sabre or at 20 paces. If a kind gentle from this establishment wouldn't mind helping us out at dawn tommorow as a umpire of sorts, i know its early but i want to be back for the start of the ashes assuming it isn't rained off.

Very good! I shall fetch the weapons! But if you must duel outside you shall. I await the results!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 11:53:14

aha! i returned from my rugby match just a while ago. the other team was, shall we say, more "crazy". but in the end we managed to show them a good account of ourselves, winning 14-7 and coming back from a very early converted try. jolly good to get back into the rugby, eh wot!

and the old english weather seems to be thundering mightily. it soudns very violent indeed.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 14:39:41

At 9/10/05 06:04 AM, ChurroNG wrote:
do you wish to die on the sabre or at 20 paces. If a kind gentle from this establishment wouldn't mind helping us out at dawn tommorow as a umpire of sorts, i know its early but i want to be back for the start of the ashes assuming it isn't rained off.
Very good! I shall fetch the weapons! But if you must duel outside you shall. I await the results!

excellent old chap! One would like to say that you blue sky sir, are going down bitch! *takes off gown*

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 18:05:11

I'm off to a bash to collect my trophy for winning the Sunday League Challenge Cup tomorrow. Should be an interesting night. I'll post some pictures at some point, hopefully.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 18:09:51

At 9/10/05 02:39 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote:
At 9/10/05 06:04 AM, ChurroNG wrote:
excellent old chap! One would like to say that you blue sky sir, are going down bitch! *takes off gown*

*cockely removes robes*shall we get it over with then

-20 paces later-

I say! what are the chances of a bird flying throught the line of fire and taking a bullet in each side at the same time, I just couldn't believe it whan it happened any way good show old bean and no harm done eh? what what?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 18:11:30

At 9/10/05 06:09 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: *cockely removes robes*shall we get it over with then

I say! we shall not have any form of naked, nude or indeed semi-nude jousting on these premises, by which I mean this planet. Dessist at once!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 18:19:56

At 9/10/05 06:11 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/10/05 06:09 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: *cockely removes robes*shall we get it over with then
I say! we shall not have any form of naked, nude or indeed semi-nude jousting on these premises, by which I mean this planet. Dessist at once!

Why the very acusation sends me into shudders, cant a man try to kill another in the name of honour without being a accused of such atrocious activities anymore?

That issue aside i say one watched the last night of the proms land of hope and glory, rule britannia, Jerusalem makes one pround to be British...

*rubs eyes* ...why there appears to be something in my Eye anyone have a hankerchief?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 18:39:31

At 9/10/05 06:19 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: That issue aside i say one watched the last night of the proms land of hope and glory, rule britannia, Jerusalem makes one pround to be British...

*rubs eyes* ...why there appears to be something in my Eye anyone have a hankerchief?

Good for you old chap, frightfully lucky bout the bird eh what? I was actually just watching Kelly's Heroes on bbc 2, did anyone else catch it eh what?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 18:52:07

One has returned form a stereophonics concert. One heartily recomends that you go and see these fine welshmen(an Argnetian man) whislt you ge tthe chance. They put on a brilliant show and are simply amazing.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 19:02:19

At 9/10/05 06:52 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: One has returned form a stereophonics concert. One heartily recomends that you go and see these fine welshmen(an Argnetian man) whislt you ge tthe chance. They put on a brilliant show and are simply amazing.

yes, old chap but also - they got they got what was going to be an ENGLISH OZZFEST cancelled eh what? They booked the stage just before ozzy got there. One personally dosen't like much metal (punk is ones thing eh what) but ozzy (english - woo!) on his own is better the those whining welsh fellows.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-10 19:07:18

At 9/10/05 07:02 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: yes, old chap but also - they got they got what was going to be an ENGLISH OZZFEST cancelled eh what? They booked the stage just before ozzy got there. One personally dosen't like much metal (punk is ones thing eh what) but ozzy (english - woo!) on his own is better the those whining welsh fellows.

whislt ozzy Osbourne is both a British and Birmingham legend, he is nothing when compared to the phonics and I couldn't care if they got an English ozzfets cancelled, as I wasn't there :-) And they do not WHine. They melodicaly...well whine but at leats its whining that sounds good!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-11 02:50:12

At 9/10/05 06:09 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: -20 paces later-

I say! what are the chances of a bird flying throught the line of fire and taking a bullet in each side at the same time, I just couldn't believe it whan it happened any way good show old bean and no harm done eh? what what?

Excellent! I am glad only a bird was hit then. However if a tory voter must die, I shall be the one kill them!

[takes out shotgun, aims it at Mr_Blue_Sky, pulls the trigger but nothing happens]

I say! The maid hust have forgotten to load it again! I'll deal with her once I get home. And I left the bullets at home as well!

BBS Signature