00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mihun just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

341,531 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-06 17:35:56

At 9/6/05 05:11 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
Ahhh. The wodners of year 9and SATS tests...make the msot of it my young friend for once you hit year 10 you'll be rolled off your feet with GCSE work :-)

I remember the good ol' days. No worrying about GCSEs or if i'd passes. Now my biggest worry is if i'd be allowed to do a photography course in art :S

It's not paedophilia if she's dead.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-06 17:58:08

At 9/6/05 05:14 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: whislt you're here why not pull up a chair and have some tea?

Well I could enjoy one cup of tea. Thank you very much. ^^

We welcoem everyone here and as long as you put ona spiffing accent noone will even notice your not British :P

Well that's very nice of you sir. I didn't dare to sit down at your table without an invitation but oh well, it'll be nice to have a couple of teeee... bröööl... oh, ah.

Well what can I do? I'm Swedish and it's lonely here. My tounge is like a war cry and...

*Runs away*

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-06 18:05:06

At 9/6/05 05:58 PM, Andersson wrote: Well I could enjoy one cup of tea. Thank you very much. ^^

<pours tea>

There you go old boy.

*Runs away*

By george...he has the speed of an olympic runner...nowif oly he were British...we'd ahve a guarenteed gold when we host the olympics.

<sips tea>

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-06 18:17:03

At 9/6/05 06:05 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
By george...he has the speed of an olympic runner...nowif oly he were British...we'd ahve a guarenteed gold when we host the olympics.

<sips tea>

lmao how very true indeed Mr Toluene. Please pass the custard creams.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-06 18:18:57

At 9/6/05 06:17 PM, Engelsman wrote: lmao how very true indeed Mr Toluene. Please pass the custard creams.

hmm it seems were all out...maybe I can interets you in hobnob?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-06 18:31:01

At 9/6/05 06:18 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
hmm it seems were all out...maybe I can interets you in hobnob?

Splended, Thank you very much ol' boy

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 03:55:08

At 9/6/05 05:09 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: One has started school again, in year nine, one is enabled to kick younger students and get away with it.

I say! Bad show, old chap...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 13:31:10

At 9/7/05 03:55 AM, DAmainman wrote:
At 9/6/05 05:09 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: One has started school again, in year nine, one is enabled to kick younger students and get away with it.
I say! Bad show, old chap...

i must agree. not quite cricket. especially since year sevens are so very tiny, and. er.. helpless.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 14:11:13

At 9/7/05 01:31 PM, Ratchety wrote: i must agree. not quite cricket. especially since year sevens are so very tiny, and. er.. helpless.

now now chaps. W emust all remembr we were in<insert random year group here> once. Imagine hwo you would have felt if such things had happened to you.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 14:35:18

At 9/7/05 02:11 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
now now chaps. W emust all remembr we were in<insert random year group here> once. Imagine hwo you would have felt if such things had happened to you.

Survival of the fitist old chap. We're bigger then them now so we may aswell throw them round a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 15:56:31

At 9/7/05 02:11 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: now now chaps. We must all remember we were in <insert random year group here> once. Imagine how you would have felt if such things had happened to you.

quite true, quite true. one must swallow one's pride and imagine the poor blighter breaking out the old handkerchief and having a good old cry. why, for a year seven school is his very life! for the first few weeks at least, anyway. if he is not liked at school, he is not liked in his mind, and so on and so forth. im too tired for this :D

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 16:03:33

What has become of this fine institute? One turns one's back for two days and all of a sudden it has become a schoolboy common-room, and all of us reminiscing about the good old days in the school yard, trading stickers for the latest Premier league collection.

Moving on, we shall begin the final lap of our epic conquest to reagain the Ashes tomorrow. I shall watch as much as I can and provide you chaps with as much information as possible tomorrow.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 16:09:55

Oh I say, free biscuits for all. Oh and i do think we should go to Oxford for the day. Maybe we should buy tea for all, come on chaps lets go! Tally-Ho!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 16:10:39

One is hoping for rain so the match will be called a draw...that way the damn convicts can't sneak up on us.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 17:43:39

At 9/7/05 04:09 PM, Paul_Cross wrote: Oh and i do think we should go to Oxford for the day.

No, let's go down to Surrey and watch our chaps at the Oval thrashing those colonial types to within an inch of their lives, eh?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 17:45:31

At 9/7/05 05:43 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/7/05 04:09 PM, Paul_Cross wrote: Oh and i do think we should go to Oxford for the day.
No, let's go down to Surrey and watch our chaps at the Oval thrashing those colonial types to within an inch of their lives, eh?

Blackpool's lovely this time of year, we should go there. They have a beautiful beach...and THE PEPSI MAX BIG ONE!!!

Whoo hooo....hooo..hoo.ho

hoo..hoo....i'll be quiet.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 17:55:31

What ho dear chaps.
This is El dropping in. Tis very very boring hear in grey and dull holland. How is it in the mother country?

At 9/4/05 05:12 PM, QPR_Colin wrote: El Torro! Hello my friend, i (think) i have met you on a [great] game, YFM, or is this another El Torro? It would be funny if i came across someone from a very ill advertised game with not so many Brits.

I doubt there is another ol' chap, as I am the only nincompoop who could mis-spell the spanish word toro as it is only with one 'r' and i have two, you see? YFM, what does that stand for ol' boy. Most likely twas me but i do not recognise this.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 17:57:38

At 9/7/05 05:45 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 9/7/05 05:43 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Blackpool's lovely this time of year, we should go there.

My father was born in Blackpool. One has heard it is quite pleasant, although unfortunately i have not had the pleasure of going as i grew up in bedfordshire and never visited
*sniff sniff*
I shall put on a brave face and continue my arduous journey that is life

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-07 18:49:52

May i ask if you have any connection with Pakistan El Torro? If you do, then i will have the answer to my question.

On a brighter note, England were shamed 1-0 to some country in east europe or something, waving England flags with a crest and wearing ROI kits, I am glad that now the FA will take notice of Sven's poor management and sack him. Quite abismal, to say the least!

People from the land of Northern Ireland are no longer permitted on this thread! Now off to touch some wood.

Come on you R's!

PS Yes i seem to be the only person in the world that has developed a liking for QPR, it's nice to have a 20,000 seater stadium to myself! Oh and travelling to Cardiff for the play-off final, i was allocated 45,000 seats.

And what is all this talk of education and the like? Am i the youngest chap on this? Just went into Year 10.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-08 04:35:33

One shall try to immerse oneself in the 2-1 victory of Scotland over Norway last night. I won't have the nerve to walk on the streets of England If they start doing well in the ashes tonight, never mind if they win it or not. As they say, and Englishman divided against his cricket cannot stand......or something along those lines...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-08 14:53:36

Fifth test, The Oval.
Day 1.
England 319-7 (88 Overs)

The day started brightly, with a rousing rendition of Jerusalem from the Barmy Army. Then we won the toss and elected to bat. We were sailing along at 82-0, but then Marcus Trescothick (43) was caught brilliantly by Matthew Hayden in the slips off the bowling of Shane Warne. By lunch, he had also taken the scalps of Michael Vaughan (11) and Ian Bell (0) to leave us on 107-3.

After lunch, it looked like being much the same, with Kevin Pietersen departing for 14, leaving us teetering on an embarrasing 131-4.

Enter Andrew Flintoff.

He built a marvellous partnership of 143 with Andrew Strauss (129) and added 72 himself, including his trademark straight drive six down the ground off Warne. He departed, leaving us to use debutant Paul Collingwood, who was out for 7. Strauss followed soon after, and the score was 297-7. Not as dissapointing as before, but still substandard. Geraint Jones (21) and Ashley Giles (5) remained at the crease at stumps.

Shane Warne returned first day figures of 5-118 off 34 overs. toward the end of play, he was nursing an injury to his wrist. I hope it's really stiff in the morning, so he can't bowl at us. That only leaves 3 mainstream bowlers and they're all seam. Simon Katich might bowl a little spin, but not unless it's an emergency.

Rain is forcast for tomorrow and Saturday, so let's make it a good one, while it lasts.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-08 18:04:41

Was sad to see Flintoff dismissed as early as he was. I say chaps didn't strauss play a goodun today. One thinks 350-370 will be good enough score to put us in good stead for the oz offensive. I don't think we can break the 400 barrier with the tail enders but one lives in hope.

I say my mouths dry will someone pass the Brandy?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-08 18:14:45

To all the Sixth Formers (College go'ers, etc).

What subjects did you take? (Year 10's could also answer this).
For me its:

Business Studies,
Music Technology,
Religious Studies,
Film Studies.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-08 18:20:13

At 9/8/05 06:14 PM, -Nev- wrote: To all the Sixth Formers (College go'ers, etc).

What subjects did you take? (Year 10's could also answer this).
For me its:

Business Studies,
Music Technology,
Religious Studies,
Film Studies.

In year 12 i took

Economics B
Psychology A
politics C
law E

I've now dropped law as I got an E

I start year 13 Monday.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 03:06:00

I've taken

History
Geography
English
Government and Politics

for A level :-)

Now if you chaps will excuse me I have to go to 6th form and do some clay igeon shooting(no joke)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 04:04:43

I have taken Business Studies, Further Maths, Physics and ICT. Also, my complaint about my ICT grade a few weeks back has made the front page of the local paper O_o. About 80 people in our area were affected, and those predicted at 'A' instead went away with 'C'. Here's hoping it's corrected soon, chaps...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 11:09:16

i've taken:

Psychology
History
Geography
Art (Photography)
Maths Resit (fucking D)

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 12:29:48

At 9/8/05 06:20 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: I have a tory party sig!! hahaha ha hah! I'm a bloody fascist! Well, he didn't so say it as mean it...

One is appauled at your choice of political party! This brilliant country needs the Liberal Demercrats eh what? Well, pip pip i suppose one can still be pleased at the cricket *one checks score* good god australia 112-0?!?!? one for the first time this year is worried at te outcome of the ashes! Oh well, it may rain...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 12:34:20

At 9/9/05 12:29 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: Well, pip pip i suppose one can still be pleased at the cricket *one checks score* good god australia 112-0?!?!? one for the first time this year is worried at te outcome of the ashes! Oh well, it may rain...

We could get a lot of helicopters and some fire hoses and spray water over the pitch.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-09 12:39:53

ingenious old chap! I'll fire up the old girl!