00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Knsrs20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

341,538 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-26 11:29:07

At 6/26/07 11:26 AM, KingRugger wrote:
At 6/26/07 11:16 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
And I have nothing to do...one should really get a job.
Don't be so hastey good pal, enjoy the lif of luxury first. After-all, you are a gentlemen

I would offer you whiskey but it would it's quality is not quite up to scratch...

You are right of course. Why should I work when we have the Butlers to do it for me? Simmons? Perkins? Go out and get jobs so as that I don't need to work.

One will take a whiskey also. Need the alcohol.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-26 12:46:04

At 6/26/07 11:29 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: You are right of course. Why should I work when we have the Butlers to do it for me? Simmons? Perkins? Go out and get jobs so as that I don't need to work.

My Butler is Alfred.
AAAALFREEED!!!! Get me the finest Alcoholic brew we have in store, old bean.

One will take a whiskey also. Need the alcohol.

Get some of ours, chaps? Our brew is completely fresh.

This wench from Ardolis once got drunk and told us, "A life of crime don't pay." But killin', ca'rousin, stealin', and rough housing fill coffers every day!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-26 14:30:44

At 6/26/07 11:16 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 6/25/07 09:18 PM, Leap wrote: Hello chaps.
What ho Leap old boy!

How goes it?

I crashed the car on wednesday, then got fired on thursday, and the crashed the car AGAIN on friday, its been a bad week, Thankfully they were both small colisions, and my boss was a bitch, and the manager of the golf club gave me 1 weeks pay and 5 days holiday pay, whch was nice of him concidering i didnt actually have to work him and swore a little bit on the way out. my imediate boss really was a bitch though, im glad I'm not working for her any more.

One is now officially free from 6th form....FOREVER!

huzza!

And I have nothing to do...one should really get a job.

Boo, welcome to the club.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-26 14:54:35

At 6/26/07 02:30 PM, Leap wrote: Boo, welcome to the club.

The thing is, ones stepfather has just suggested that tomorrow one walks up to the job centre and....apply for the dole O_o

At least until I can get a job.

I don't think I could cope with officially being a part of the benefit statistics...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-26 20:45:16

At 6/26/07 02:54 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 6/26/07 02:30 PM, Leap wrote: Boo, welcome to the club.
The thing is, ones stepfather has just suggested that tomorrow one walks up to the job centre and....apply for the dole O_o

At least until I can get a job.

I don't think I could cope with officially being a part of the benefit statistics...

Its not actually that bad, £45 a week (paid every 2 weeks) for looking for work. It doesn't sound like much but you'd e amazed how much it helps, and how far it goes, especially if your living at home. It makes life a lot easier.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-26 20:47:13

I would like to point out that I'm not actually on the dole NOW, but I have been in the past. I'm not a dole bluger, but I don't mind taking a handout when I'm skint.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 04:16:34

At 6/25/07 04:41 PM, NEVR wrote: i know Coop, but we must make do until the distillery is finished... e-single-malts are harder to get hold of than one might think...

Fine. If anyone wants me, I'll be in the billiard room.

Huzzah, EGC Moonshine!
damn right, chaps! not like that slapdash russian stuff though with the industrial spirit sloshed in it. no, no, this will be the finest home-made e-spirit you've ever tasted! right here and the EGC =D

This would call for a celebration, but it apears we shall have to wait for the construction / brewing process to complete...

At 6/25/07 04:55 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Brown is tkaing voer on...Wednesday I think.

New age of British Politics or New Labour all over again? Opinions?

*Gordon Brown takes off his rubber mask and reveals himself to be Tony Blair. Conversely Tony Blair takes off his rubber mask to reveal Margaret Thatcher.* I've made my point very clear on this!

At 6/25/07 09:18 PM, Leap wrote: Hello chaps.

What ho!

At 6/26/07 08:47 PM, Leap wrote: I would like to point out that I'm not actually on the dole NOW, but I have been in the past. I'm not a dole bluger, but I don't mind taking a handout when I'm skint.

Am I correct in assuming that I am the only Gentleman in these parts who has a job? What has the world come to? *Glances at Margaret Thatcher and the two rubber masks* Ah, I see.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 05:32:36

I am currently on the job hunt myself chaps. My butler Jeeves has to have a holiday every now and again, you know. I am attending an interview on the 16th with ECITB (Engineering Construction Industry Training Board), which if all goes smoothly, should see me well.

You better get outta my face, or i'm gonna ROUNDHOUSE your ass!!!!

Brothers everywhere, raise your fists into the air. We're warriors - warriors of the world

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 08:31:47

At 6/27/07 05:32 AM, KingRugger wrote: I am currently on the job hunt myself chaps. My butler Jeeves has to have a holiday every now and again, you know. I am attending an interview on the 16th with ECITB (Engineering Construction Industry Training Board), which if all goes smoothly, should see me well.

Construction? I'm a customer relations supervisor for a housing developer. We may well cross paths professionally in future!

Well, the country is now in a state of Anarchy, as the government has been sacked. Tony Blair has resigned and the Queen is expected to ask Gordon Brown to form a government in about 10-15 minutes time.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 09:20:08

At 6/27/07 08:31 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Construction? I'm a customer relations supervisor for a housing developer. We may well cross paths professionally in future!

I sincerely hope so. A toast of good luck to all searching for jobs! And another for those currently employed, good fortune for all i say! May our wallets have the weight and force to crush the sturdiest of elephants.

Well, the country is now in a state of Anarchy, as the government has been sacked. Tony Blair has resigned and the Queen is expected to ask Gordon Brown to form a government in about 10-15 minutes time.

Indeed, Brown shall be the first Scot in charge for a wee while - any ideas when the last one was? I feel it a trifle unneccesary that the Queen must initiate the new PM's term. Anyone agree?

Brothers everywhere, raise your fists into the air. We're warriors - warriors of the world

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 09:27:31

At 6/27/07 04:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: *Gordon Brown takes off his rubber mask and reveals himself to be Tony Blair. Conversely Tony Blair takes off his rubber mask to reveal Margaret Thatcher.* I've made my point very clear on this!

Wait...what?

That would mean that if Blair = Thatcher then if Brown = Blair that Brown also = Thatcher.

This means only one thing...

Margaret Thatcher has cloned herself!

<Faints in shock>

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 09:32:36

At 6/27/07 09:27 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:

Aahh Thatcher...the enemy of anyone not english *cringes at the thought of poll tax* She was a fan of celtic experimentation...

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 11:45:59

who saw the smug look on gordon brown's face when he walked out of the treasury?! it just screamed "yes, yes it's me, yes I'M prime minister now! fuck off blair, i've got your job!" or something along those lines.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 11:55:05

At 6/27/07 11:45 AM, NEVR wrote: who saw the smug look on gordon brown's face when he walked out of the treasury?! it just screamed "yes, yes it's me, yes I'M prime minister now! fuck off blair, i've got your job!" or something along those lines.

Can you really blame him?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 14:36:38

At 6/27/07 09:27 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Margaret Thatcher has cloned herself!

This is not good news!

What happened to the real Blair and Brown?!?

You bitch!

<Faints in shock>

*Pours brandy in general direction*

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-27 15:14:45

At 6/27/07 02:36 PM, Spiked wrote: What happened to the real Blair and Brown?!?

You bitch!

They were just constructs of our imagination! It was all a cunning ruse so Thatcher could rule once more.

Only Michael Heseltine can save us now!

<Faints in shock>
*Pours brandy in general direction*

<wakes up>

I say, what a waste of brandy.

Jeeves. The mop if you should. And try and get it all back in the bottle if possible.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 04:11:19

Aaahh...the politics of a generation - good fun all round. While on the subject of politics, where do you all pitch your tent, so-to-speak? I am as of yet unsure, i like SNP and Labour, but find the Lib Dem somewhat promising.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 04:58:18

Spiked, if you read this, jolly good show on being user of the day!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 07:52:45

One is a full fledged member of the Liberal Democrats. Paid my due and everything...pity my leader sucks...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 08:56:15

At 6/27/07 09:20 AM, KingRugger wrote: Indeed, Brown shall be the first Scot in charge for a wee while - any ideas when the last one was? I feel it a trifle unneccesary that the Queen must initiate the new PM's term. Anyone agree?

It's an old statute, but she does enjoy initiating the new Prime Ministers with a paddle to the bare backside

At 6/27/07 09:27 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: This means only one thing...

<Faints in shock>

Sadly so, yes. Did you hear about the auction for Mrs. Thatcher's Spitting Image charicature? Apparently someone paid £22,000 for it. My money was Gordon Brown for Tony Blair's leaving present

At 6/28/07 07:52 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: One is a full fledged member of the Liberal Democrats. Paid my due and everything...pity my leader sucks...

You appear to have gone all Late 90s Tory on us all - Unelectable baldies running the place

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 09:02:03

At 6/28/07 08:56 AM, Coop83 wrote: You appear to have gone all Late 90s Tory on us all - Unelectable baldies running the place

Well don't look at me. I wanted Mark Paten to win te leadershi...oh...wait...nevermind.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 15:00:44

WOOO, I'm user of the day!!

Spiffing!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-28 17:56:48

At 6/28/07 09:02 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 6/28/07 08:56 AM, Coop83 wrote: You appear to have gone all Late 90s Tory on us all - Unelectable baldies running the place
Well don't look at me. I wanted Mark Paten to win te leadershi...oh...wait...nevermind.

THat should be Oaten, not Paten...

And congrats Spiked!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-29 04:33:40

By jove, Mr Brown took the job as Prime Minister yesterday. I cannot believe someone did not make a note of it!
But can we expect a good Prime Minister? After all, he did take our pensions.

This wench from Ardolis once got drunk and told us, "A life of crime don't pay." But killin', ca'rousin, stealin', and rough housing fill coffers every day!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-29 05:44:35

At 6/29/07 04:33 AM, Tech2211995 wrote: By jove, Mr Brown took the job as Prime Minister yesterday. I cannot believe someone did not make a note of it!

I did make a note of it. See below:

At 6/27/07 08:31 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, the country is now in a state of Anarchy, as the government has been sacked. Tony Blair has resigned and the Queen is expected to ask Gordon Brown to form a government in about 10-15 minutes time.

Just not neccesarily in the way you were expecting :P

But can we expect a good Prime Minister? After all, he did take our pensions.

Yes, but he's the best chancellor we've had for probably 30 years. Hopefully Alistair Darling will carry on that work and Gordon Brown will manage the country as well as he managed her finances.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-29 08:03:51

I feel we can be Britain as a whole can be optimistic about Brown - letes hope it is not misplaced. However, one is unsure about whoScotland is being run by. I am, as of yet, unsure of Alex Salmond. Most of the time it seemed as though his party's only goal was to argue with Labour. Time will tell...

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-29 08:05:31

At 6/29/07 08:03 AM, KingRugger wrote: I feel we can be Britain as a whole can be optimistic about Brown - letes hope it is not misplaced. However, one is unsure about whoScotland is being run by. I am, as of yet, unsure of Alex Salmond. Most of the time it seemed as though his party's only goal was to argue with Labour. Time will tell...

*gasps at horrible grammar* Please excuse my inexcusable typing, i meant to say "I feel that Britain as a whole..."

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-30 08:21:07

One went to a party last ngith, organsied by oens 6th form as a kind of going awya thing for thsoe of us leaving, such as me.

Was quite strange, the teachers, whilst they never looked down on me before, actually truly treated me like an equal...most strange.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-30 09:41:19

At 6/30/07 08:21 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: One went to a party last ngith, organsied by oens 6th form as a kind of going awya thing for thsoe of us leaving, such as me.

Was quite strange, the teachers, whilst they never looked down on me before, actually truly treated me like an equal...most strange.

Perhaps a passage into manhood? I found that the older we get in school, understandably, the more we actually talk to our teachers.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-06-30 11:05:28

At 6/30/07 09:41 AM, KingRugger wrote: Perhaps a passage into manhood? I found that the older we get in school, understandably, the more we actually talk to our teachers.

One noticed the same thing, but still... to be reated as an equal by ones teachers...most bizarre,