00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

339,259 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 15:49:48

well my dear tnt, that is an argument i can understand. i just don't like it when people say "zOMG DIZZEE RASCAL? YOURE NOT BLACK"; and so forth. i try to listen to and enjoy as many different genres as possible, even if i dont have the money atm to buy all those CDs.

:( rugby made me tired in a bad way.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 16:11:49

At 9/14/05 03:49 PM, Ratchety wrote:
( rugby made me tired in a bad way.

You play rugby? How interetsing. One has always thought of Rugby as a far superior game than Football. I just wish it would take pride and place over the footy.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 16:20:06

At 9/14/05 04:11 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: You play rugby? How interetsing. One has always thought of Rugby as a far superior game than Football. I just wish it would take pride and place over the footy.

All sports have their place. Granted, Rugby and Cricket are languushing in the shadow of Football, even though we are the best in the world at those two sports and only 11th in the world at football. Something should be done to redress the balance.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 16:22:37

At 9/14/05 04:20 PM, Coop83 wrote: Something should be done to redress the balance.

Mayhaps we should open up football hunting season? If we cull the likes of Wayne Rooney then the country will be forced to watch other sports.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 16:27:01

we're not really the best at rugby anymore anyway. it was a good time but with the leaving of sir clive, and martin johnson, and other key people, i doubt it will happen again for a while.

but yes, rugby is a gentlemans game. as one referee put it "in rugby you don't act like a nancy boy football player, ok? if i say something you shut your mouth and agree. you dont answer back like a football playing pansy." i think there was some swearing in there too. rugby is also much more tiring and demanding of the players because you're constantly chasing the ball and using your muscles.. *yawn* damned rugby.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 16:30:59

At 9/14/05 04:22 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Mayhaps we should open up football hunting season? If we cull the likes of Wayne Rooney then the country will be forced to watch other sports.

No, I like football. It's not my favourite sport, but I enjoy it.

At 9/14/05 04:27 PM, Ratchety wrote: we're not really the best at rugby anymore anyway. it was a good time but with the leaving of sir clive, and martin johnson, and other key people, i doubt it will happen again for a while.

Granted, but we are still the World Champions. That's got to count for something.

but yes, rugby is a gentlemans game. as one referee put it "in rugby you don't act like a nancy boy football player, ok? if i say something you shut your mouth and agree. you dont answer back like a football playing pansy." i think there was some swearing in there too. rugby is also much more tiring and demanding of the players because you're constantly chasing the ball and using your muscles.. *yawn* damned rugby.

I love quotes like that.

Similar to the cricket one: 'The Batsman's Holding, the Bowler's Willee.'

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-14 18:46:22

The Thatcher government well I learnt about them in Politics and economics and the telly but it was a bit b4 my time. Well im only 17(for the next 3 months at least.) That pic must be real distorted if you were saying 25. Well yes thatcher was not the best friend of the working class I agree but Privitisation was her best move. British layland(now rover, or at least was) had 3 workers for every one job role needed which caused tax drains this was to do with the strong unions allowed to exist under labour and lead to their downfall(also caused winter of discontent.) Thatcher comes in crushes the unions and ends that. Also imporoved phone gas etc. Stopped govt bad quality service and price and opened up for competition on price and quality and efficiency which gave higher gdp and cutted taxes in one.

I'll stop there to avoid boring you fellows.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-15 14:36:47

At 9/14/05 06:46 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: The Thatcher government well I learnt about them in Politics and economics and the telly but it was a bit b4 my time.

More than a bit, you couldn't have been much more than 5 by the time she left office.

Well yes thatcher was not the best friend of the working class I agree but Privitisation was her best move.

Yeah, but most of the things she did failed.

British layland(now rover, or at least was) had 3 workers for every one job role needed which caused tax drains this was to do with the strong unions allowed to exist under labour and lead to their downfall(also caused winter of discontent.)

You can't pin that on Labour alone, as they inherited that from the previous tory government.

Thatcher comes in crushes the unions and ends that.

Botom line is she didn't care about how they were going to be fed or anything, because she was earning loads, living in the lap of luxury in #10

Also imporoved phone gas etc. Stopped govt bad quality service and price and opened up for competition on price and quality and efficiency which gave higher gdp and cutted taxes in one.

But the cuts in taxes also produced cuts in public spending. I'd rather pay a higher rate of tax and think I've got something to fall back on in terms of the NHS or schools for my children. At least I won't be left out in the cold by the Labour government when I'm a pensioner. If it wasn't for this government, I would be struggling to pay my rent in a few weeks, since I'm going down to minimum wage, a concept which was alien to the tories. I'll be earning £5.05 per hour, a cut of 34 pence as opposed to a cut of £1.50, whcih I could have expected if Blue was the colour.

I'll stop there to avoid boring you fellows.

Good call, let's find something else to talk about. Crumpet?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-15 15:37:48

One also feels thatcher destroyed the economy, however blair then went on to betray laybour and screw old blighty up too. What one feels now is nessesary is Lib Dem. Then, when they all turn out to be shit, the country can safely turn to anarchy eh what?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-15 18:08:18

At 9/15/05 03:37 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: One also feels thatcher destroyed the economy, however blair then went on to betray laybour and screw old blighty up too. What one feels now is nessesary is Lib Dem. Then, when they all turn out to be shit, the country can safely turn to anarchy eh what?

yes well anyway, *cough* I like my crumpets with lightly toasted with marmite now you mention it, "Jeeves fetch a plate of crumpets, on the double"

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-16 07:14:35

At 9/15/05 06:08 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: "Jeeves fetch a plate of crumpets, on the double"

*Munches crumpet*

Did you ehar that there is supposed to be as much as 4 pence coming off a litre of fuel in the next few days? I think we could be coming back down to normality with the prices soon. (I did hear about some chaps in Birmingham charging as much as £1.20 per litre for unleaded petrol, at the height of the madness, which started the week.)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-16 12:45:21

At 9/16/05 07:14 AM, Coop83 wrote: Did you ehar that there is supposed to be as much as 4 pence coming off a litre of fuel in the next few days? I think we could be coming back down to normality with the prices soon. (I did hear about some chaps in Birmingham charging as much as £1.20 per litre for unleaded petrol, at the height of the madness, which started the week.)

Its on;ly 2 supermarket petrol sttions that ar eknocking off 4p I believe. Tesco and asda or soemthing...don't know which ones but hopefully it'll bring an end up this madness.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-16 13:03:56

One has been devising another englishness test for you chaps. Put simply, I wish for you to determine the 16 variants of the word 'nonsense'. I shall give you the example word of 'drivel' and let you think this one over.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-16 14:54:01

At 9/16/05 01:03 PM, DAmainman wrote: One has been devising another englishness test for you chaps. Put simply, I wish for you to determine the 16 variants of the word 'nonsense'. I shall give you the example word of 'drivel' and let you think this one over.

okay, here they are:
drivel
pish posh
codswallop
pap
rubish
pooh pooh
(word) shm(same word)
posetively outrageous
pretensious kack
tommy rot
knackers
rubishness
perposterous
birdfeed
donkey mess
tory manifesto
I think thats bout it.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-16 15:13:10

At 9/16/05 02:54 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: tory manifesto

One almost urinated in one's underwear!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-17 03:35:14

I say chaps, Im back from college :) a quick weekend home to see the parentas before they fly off to the falklands what?

Have i missed much in my abscense?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-17 17:14:52

At 9/17/05 03:35 AM, gary_percival wrote: Have i missed much in my abscense?

Not really, there's been more political debate, much gnashing of teeth over the price of petrol and some celebrations over winning the ashes.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-18 03:57:55

i missed a celebration? woe is me! I'm afraid i can no longer guarentee my frequent additions to this thread, as when i am at college, we are prevent from such sites, and i do not as of yet own a laptop. :(

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-18 05:18:34

oh yes thets all have a jolly old row about the weather well in norfolk it is very overcast dont you agree lol check out this englishmans site to veiwclick here reply soon chaps

English Gentleman's Club

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-18 13:55:52

At 9/18/05 03:57 AM, gary_percival wrote: i missed a celebration? woe is me! I'm afraid i can no longer guarentee my frequent additions to this thread, as when i am at college, we are prevent from such sites, and i do not as of yet own a laptop. :(

Well, post as and when you can old chap.

At 9/18/05 05:18 AM, wackojacko2 wrote: oh yes thets all have a jolly old row about the weather well in norfolk it is very overcast dont you agree lol check out this englishmans site to veiwclick here reply soon chaps

Can you please refrain from talking in chat terms please. Punctuation is a nessesary addition to the English language for a reason. That reason is to tell the reader how to read a piece of writing.

We don't allow any old sort of riff-raff in here, you know.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-18 16:39:13

At 9/18/05 01:55 PM, Coop83 wrote: We don't allow any old sort of riff-raff in here, you know.

no no, dear sir! one feels that punctuation is absolutaly nescessary, eh what? Better load up the old shotgun in case we get any paupers in here, pip pip?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 05:43:44

At 9/18/05 04:39 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: no no, dear sir! one feels that punctuation is absolutaly nescessary, eh what? Better load up the old shotgun in case we get any paupers in here, pip pip?

No need for the shotgun, Howard. All one really needs is a firm but fair attitude and we can get along just fine.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 12:03:44

At 9/19/05 05:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: No need for the shotgun, Howard. All one really needs is a firm but fair attitude and we can get along just fine.

But its so much more fun if we use a shotgun :-)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 12:33:53

At 9/19/05 05:43 AM, Coop83 wrote:
No need for the shotgun, Howard. All one really needs is a firm but fair attitude and we can get along just fine.

I most certainly agree! One finds an uzi much more effective! And much more user-friendly as well!

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 12:45:32

At 9/19/05 12:33 PM, ChurroNG wrote: I most certainly agree! One finds an uzi much more effective! And much more user-friendly as well!

I must confess the AK47 has alwaysd ahd a special plac ein my heart <3

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 12:50:25

At 9/19/05 12:45 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I must confess the AK47 has alwaysd ahd a special plac ein my heart <3

Good god old chap! Endorsing russian rubbish! Oh no, one feels english weapons, like the good old hunting shotgun do the job more, eh what?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 13:08:55

quite, quite! give me a flintlock rifle any day good sir.

on second thoughts, don't. :D

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 15:24:41

Why's the English Gentleman's Club turned into Ghetto Club.

My good sirs, put down the AK's and take a cup and saucer. The Nice are over in the corner, help yourself.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-19 17:27:37

At 9/19/05 12:33 PM, ChurroNG wrote: I most certainly agree! One finds an uzi much more effective! And much more user-friendly as well!

Chaps, we are waging war on grammer louts here, not upon the Iraqi Insurgents. I turn my back for an 8 hour shift at work and we've become the NG Mafia, brandishing all sorts of assorted firearms. If anyone mentions stealing lorries full of cigarettes or alcohol, I will have some stern words for them.

At 9/19/05 12:45 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I must confess the AK47 has always had a special place in my heart <3

I think the both of you are misguided by selecting the Israeli Uzi (easy to conceal, but an ugly way to kill someone) and the Russian Kalashnikov. (easy to use by anyone's standards) I would favour the L96A1 any day. It may be hard to conceal, but it does the job killing vermin on my country estate and scaring off the chavs from up to 900m away.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-20 12:41:12

At 9/19/05 03:24 PM, -Nev- wrote: Why's the English Gentleman's Club turned into Ghetto Club.

My good sirs, put down the AK's and take a cup and saucer. The Nice are over in the corner, help yourself.

Good god sir! Nice! Dont endorce this french pap!