00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

340,746 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-20 12:56:49

At 9/19/05 03:24 PM, -Nev- wrote: The Nice are over in the corner, help yourself.

Are you being paid to endorse these biscuits by the french Howard? If you are I shall have to report you to the BBC. They do not hold for such thigns and neither do we.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-20 12:58:58

i dont speak chinco i speak minco

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-20 13:50:32

At 9/20/05 12:56 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Are you being paid to endorse these biscuits by the french Howard? If you are I shall have to report you to the BBC. They do not hold for such thigns and neither do we.

Non, naturellement pas.

Erm...I mean, no... of course not.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-20 16:15:35

At 9/19/05 05:27 PM, Coop83 wrote:
I think the both of you are misguided by selecting the Israeli Uzi (easy to conceal, but an ugly way to kill someone) and the Russian Kalashnikov. (easy to use by anyone's standards) I would favour the L96A1 any day. It may be hard to conceal, but it does the job killing vermin on my country estate and scaring off the chavs from up to 900m away.

Very nice old boy... i'll get the butler to buy one straight away. We can leave the fox hunting problems and go chav hunting instead. i'm sure they'll be no riots over them.

It's not paedophilia if she's dead.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-20 18:20:54

At 9/20/05 04:15 PM, Engelsman wrote:
At 9/19/05 05:27 PM, Coop83 wrote:
I think the both of you are misguided by selecting the Israeli Uzi (easy to conceal, but an ugly way to kill someone) and the Russian Kalashnikov. (easy to use by anyone's standards) I would favour the L96A1 any day. It may be hard to conceal, but it does the job killing vermin on my country estate and scaring off the chavs from up to 900m away.
Very nice old boy... i'll get the butler to buy one straight away. We can leave the fox hunting problems and go chav hunting instead. i'm sure they'll be no riots over them.

Bah modern rubbish, gve me a Lee Enfield mk 4(T) and then were talking. The Peasants won't know what hit them, and No I dont mean pheasants haha.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-21 11:54:57

One has been thinking of a chav hunter mod for HL2, alas one's programing skills are far from 1337. Ahh well!

College has started, and the Ashian wanadbe gangsters have already taken over the student union

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-21 15:20:02

At 9/20/05 06:20 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: Bah modern rubbish, gve me a Lee Enfield mk 4(T) and then were talking. The Peasants won't know what hit them, and No I dont mean pheasants haha.

Modern rubbish? This is the most elite weapon in the British arsenal for sniping and the like.

At 9/21/05 11:54 AM, Leap wrote: College has started, and the Ashian wanadbe gangsters have already taken over the student union

'I'm a gangster, but I work two jobs.'

How do they fit it all in, working so many hours a week and being a gangster?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-22 15:01:02

At 9/20/05 06:20 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote:
Bah modern rubbish, gve me a Lee Enfield mk 4(T) and then were talking. The Peasants won't know what hit them, and No I dont mean pheasants haha.

I say! That is a good idea! But those people in the pawn shops can be rather rude in their manners. Watch your step around them old chap! Or why not go to one of those military areas? They're jolly decent I hear...

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-22 18:18:51

At 9/21/05 03:20 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/20/05 06:20 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: Bah modern rubbish, gve me a Lee Enfield mk 4(T) and then were talking. The Peasants won't know what hit them, and No I dont mean pheasants haha.
Modern rubbish? This is the most elite weapon in the British arsenal for sniping and the like.

Just keeping up appearances Old chap. One actually has had the pleasure of shooting the lee enfield(no 6 i think) .22 and .45 calibre version and there both bloody good, I've also shot the sa-80, LSW and L98. Funny thing is the lee-enfield never jammed on me but the Sa-80 does.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-24 12:00:13

At 9/16/05 02:54 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: <answers>

Not so, old chap. Drivel, bosh, codswallop and rot, are correct. (Although you wrote 'pish posh' instead of 'bish bosh'. Was one's B key broken that day? I shall send Jeeves the technician around right away.)

We're looking for terms that are slightly more English. I'll give you the word 'bunkum' and allow you to find the other 11 easier-to-know words for nonsense.

(Forgive the lateness of one's reply.)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-25 09:47:07

Bah real gentleman use swords... and not those flimsy Kankars or what ever their bloody hell their called…
People forget that at the same time the Celts in Briton where making swords that were even better… Each one taking over 6 months to make… The End result being a sharp, heavy, strong and yet flexible blade extremely difficult to break… unlike the owe so mighty Japanese swords… .
Now that’s British steel…

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-26 13:52:39

Now were talking?? Are you a neandertal good sir? We're is the term one is looking for i expect. huh! And another thing! I thought the english gents club had overcome this horrible obbsesion with firearms! I go away a few days and when i come back the place is covered in bullet holes and everyone is waving guns around like the mafia! Good lord...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-26 14:16:28

At 9/26/05 01:52 PM, Howard_Leggings wrote: I thought the english gents club had overcome this horrible obbsesion with firearms! I go away a few days and when i come back the place is covered in bullet holes and everyone is waving : guns around like the mafia! Good lord...

indeed, indeed! it's all become rather uncivilised. now put down your weapons and have a blasted cup of tea!! *gasps are heard* i'm sorry about the language dear sirs, but you see we really must stop this yankish obsession with guns and whatnot.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-26 14:23:57

At 9/26/05 02:16 PM, Ratchety wrote: indeed, indeed! it's all become rather uncivilised. now put down your weapons and have a blasted cup of tea!! *gasps are heard* i'm sorry about the language dear sirs, but you see we really must stop this yankish obsession with guns and whatnot.

hear hear! This club almost seems like americans with british accents these days!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-26 17:45:05

At 9/25/05 09:47 AM, LordGoulden wrote: Now that’s British steel…

I think it's called Corus now.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-27 03:02:03

At 9/25/05 09:47 AM, LordGoulden wrote: People forget that at the same time the Celts in Briton where making swords that were even better… Each one taking over 6 months to make… The End result being a sharp, heavy, strong and yet flexible blade extremely difficult to break… unlike the owe so mighty Japanese swords.
Now thats British steel

One would just like to point out the facted that the celts didn't have steel. Iron yes, but steel one believes didn't come around until the early 1900s.
As for the swords the japanese blade it might light and thin, but because of how the blade is made it is tougher than it looks.
Trouble with heavy swords in battle is you will be moving this peice of iron round at high speed for a couple of hours. If you run out of energy you are almost sure to end up dead.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-27 07:10:20

At 9/27/05 03:02 AM, Primalblood wrote: As for the swords the japanese blade it might light and thin, but because of how the blade is made it is tougher than it looks.

Japanese swords are designed to be sharp, stay sharp and cut through pretty much anything.

Trouble with heavy swords in battle is you will be moving this peice of iron round at high speed for a couple of hours. If you run out of energy you are almost sure to end up dead.

The English broadsword, for example, is designed to have a relatively sharp edge, but then the weight of the blade pushes it through the armour and flesh of your would-be assailant.

It's all a question of finesse. If you try to parry with any Japanese sword, you end up without a sword, because they break. Don't believe all these Japanese movies, where people go about parrying and leaving absolutely no marks on the blade at all.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-27 13:25:48

At 9/27/05 03:02 AM, Primalblood wrote:
At 9/25/05 09:47 AM, LordGoulden wrote: People forget that at the same time the Celts in Briton where making swords that were even better� Each one taking over 6 months to make� The End result being a sharp, heavy, strong and yet flexible blade extremely difficult to break� unlike the owe so mighty Japanese swords.
Now thats British steel
One would just like to point out the facted that the celts didn't have steel. Iron yes, but steel one believes didn't come around until the early 1900s.
As for the swords the japanese blade it might light and thin, but because of how the blade is made it is tougher than it looks.

Ah yes Sorry... British 'Iron' then...

I really don't like this obsession growing amounts of people have with Samurai swords... it’s as if it’s the only kind of sword that looks cool...
Good lord it pisses me off...

I mean as Coop pointed out their not as practical as they are made too look in films…

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-27 14:31:34

One is sorry for a lack of posts recently.

And yes, these japanese swords really cant cope with armour. But let us speak of more dignified matters, with Coop83's permission of course.

Random fact:Led Zeppelin's song "Houses of the Holy" did not feature on the album of the same name (it was on "Physical Graffiti"). Oh yeah, and post count+1.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-27 16:39:54

At 9/27/05 01:25 PM, LordGoulden wrote: Ah yes Sorry... British 'Iron' then...

Don't listen to what Primalblood says, since steel was made in small quantities from as early back as the 1400s. (Possibly even further back) During the industrial revolution, they came up with a way to mass produce high quality steel. (I never thought that Industrial History would actually prove to be useful, but there you go.)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-28 19:53:53

Just to liven things up chaps I bet you that i could go around the world and be back at this fine establishment in 80 days! Impossible I hear you cry, well but your money where your mouth is Gentlemen, I'll be off soon who's betting what way? Now where can one get a hotair balloon at this hour?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 03:05:53

At 9/28/05 07:53 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: Just to liven things up chaps I bet you that i could go around the world and be back at this fine establishment in 80 days! Impossible I hear you cry, well but your money where your mouth is Gentlemen, I'll be off soon who's betting what way? Now where can one get a hotair balloon at this hour?

One happens to have a handy hot air balloon in my carriage. And Jeeves thought II was being stupid my lugging the damned thing around. I knew I'd find a use for it!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 03:25:01

At 9/28/05 07:53 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: Now where can one get a hotair balloon at this hour?

I'll loan you this cabinet minister balloon, free of charge of course!

English Gentleman's Club

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 05:59:24

Im in like sin bitches and ho's ROFLCOPTA

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 11:02:34

At 9/29/05 05:59 AM, bluemidgetguy wrote: Im in like sin bitches and ho's ROFLCOPTA

Not the stongest teabag in the box of Twinning's, are we sir? One guesses that the rough translation of your 'language' is "I am interested in evil girls and 'overly-friendly' ladies. *Re-trimming One's Foliage, Lightly Contemplating Our Precious Time Ambling*"

Sir! One is not ammused by such activity, nor shall the other members be! Begone, scoundrel!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 14:07:09

At 9/29/05 03:05 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 9/28/05 07:53 PM, Mr_Blue_Sky wrote: Just to liven things up chaps I bet you that i could go around the world and be back at this fine establishment in 80 days! Impossible I hear you cry, well but your money where your mouth is Gentlemen, I'll be off soon who's betting what way? Now where can one get a hotair balloon at this hour?
One happens to have a handy hot air balloon in my carriage. And Jeeves thought II was being stupid my lugging the damned thing around. I knew I'd find a use for it!

cheers old bean now all i need is a foreigner of a short stature to accompany me on my quest and to serve me tea and crumpets as and when required.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 14:08:02

Quite so such common behaviour is not tolerated...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 14:25:37

I bet I could beat you. I could travel around the world in less than 80 hours. Though, since you are a luddite, you seem to be alergic to modern technology. Honestly, what is the point of having all this money and nothing to spend it on?

At 9/29/05 11:02 AM, DaMainman wrote: Sir! One is not ammused by such activity, nor shall the other members be! Begone, scoundrel!

Good call, DaMainman, as usual.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-29 17:17:45

At 9/29/05 02:25 PM, Coop83 wrote: I bet I could beat you. I could travel around the world in less than 80 hours. Though, since you are a luddite, you seem to be alergic to modern technology. Honestly, what is the point of having all this money and nothing to spend it on?

Coop, it seems that you have not been a proper gentleman in hounouring this fine fellow's challenge!

*Glove Slap to Mr_Blue_Sky*

One challanges you to a race around the world in 80 decades!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-09-30 10:02:51

At 9/29/05 05:17 PM, DaMainman wrote: One challanges you to a race around the world in 80 decades!

Would sir care for any particular 80 decades? Or shall we just be a tad random about this all?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature