00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kitchenlover99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,834 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 14:01:40

Like this?

Martial Arts Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 14:04:46

At 1/7/06 02:01 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Like this?

Ooooo, I've heard of you! PiePie misses your posts filled with wisdom. Are you also coming back to the club?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 14:15:07

At 1/7/06 02:04 PM, Monocrom wrote: Ooooo, I've heard of you! PiePie misses your posts filled with wisdom. Are you also coming back to the club?

Wicked!
Umm, I think it could be cool to see some posts here.. My time just... flies by, unlike before.
Need to post from time to time though :)

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 14:18:23

At 1/7/06 02:15 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
At 1/7/06 02:04 PM, Monocrom wrote: Ooooo, I've heard of you! PiePie misses your posts filled with wisdom. Are you also coming back to the club?
Wicked!
Umm, I think it could be cool to see some posts here.. My time just... flies by, unlike before.
Need to post from time to time though :)

I know exactly what you mean! I tried to log-on to NG for an hour yesterday, before getting some sleep....... almost 3 hours later, it felt like an hour went by!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 18:17:23

so any1 know any good workout techniques?i play ddr for like 2 hours a day and its fun, im kinda lazy but i will try stuff.

It's a non-stop disco. | Blawg. | Bookface.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 18:22:02

Oooh look at who's back, come to show up everybody with their impossable level and post count.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 20:02:38

At 1/7/06 06:17 PM, Kei_Kurono wrote: so any1 know any good workout techniques?i play ddr for like 2 hours a day and its fun, im kinda lazy but i will try stuff.

Sorry for not replying sooner, I got hungry. Being overweight, I try not to over-do-it when I exercise. Usually my Art provides a good work-out. I usually walk for several miles, up and down Manhattan. Sometimes, I over-do-it and can barely walk the next day! It sucks having an ankle that's stronger than the other one..... If one of the other club members can't give you an answer, you'll probably find it at a fitness website. I'll check the internet to try to find a good one for you. But, walking is where I get most of my exercise from.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 20:21:31

At 1/7/06 06:17 PM, Kei_Kurono wrote: so any1 know any good workout techniques?i play ddr for like 2 hours a day and its fun, im kinda lazy but i will try stuff.

This is not the place to ask if you want to get in shape and get stronger and look better I suggest you go make a account at

muscletalk.co.uk

they know there stuff and will give you a proper routine fit for your choice.

(don't mention you play ddr though)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-07 20:29:23

At 1/7/06 08:21 PM, PiePie wrote:
This is not the place to ask if you want to get in shape and get stronger and look better I suggest you go make a account at

muscletalk.co.uk

Thanks PiePie, you just saved me from having to search the web, for a good site!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-08 12:14:28

Monocrom it really is a good site the people are bit arrogant but if you ask nicely they help you out a lot. I hope the guy who posted went there and asked because he will be missing out if he does some messed up routine that a gym teacher might say like

Jog 30 mins
3x20 crunches
3x20 pushups
3x10 bicep curls

something stupid like that one of my gym teacher says that and I just laugh inside on how pathetic he sounds when he gives a routine like that.

But Buddy if you still want a routine ask me and I give you one. Just saying this because usually people come here post and never come back so if you come back I know you are serious so yeah.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-08 13:33:53

To: PiePie - I honestly wasn't being sarcastic in my last post. Whenever I say "Thank You" on the forums, I really do mean it. (I honestly haven't figured out why a lot of my posts sound sarcastic as Hell. Other NG users keep misinterprating what I say. Dammit)!..... As for Kei, the guy who made the above post, he asked to join the club awhile back. But, he got really busy. I encountered him on the General forum, and asked him to stop by here if he had a martial arts related question. I hope he comes back and sees your post...... Btw, when can we expect your next work, on the Portal?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-08 13:58:54

Meh could be next week could be never Im tired of bieng downrated just because it is a clay film...

I want to finish my studies with flash before I submit again.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-08 14:54:33

At 1/8/06 01:58 PM, PiePie wrote: Meh could be next week could be never Im tired of bieng downrated just because it is a clay film...

I want to finish my studies with flash before I submit again.

That's understandable; some users vote low as soon as they see claymation on the screen. They don't realize that some parts of claymation are harder than flash...... When you start to get ready to submit again, let me know. I am an amauter writer. I got some cool story-ideas floating around in my head; they just need a good flash artist to bring them out. (I got one idea that's guaranteed to blow the minds of EVERY Ng user! With one of the best twist endings ever)! We should collab. Let me know if you're interested...... Naturaly, you'd get Top-Billing! ;)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 01:12:01

Whoo... made it to level 11, although when the level thirtys get around to depositing i'm going to be bumped back down to ten untill tomorow. I think

proof

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 03:55:00

At 1/9/06 01:12 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: Whoo... made it to level 11, although when the level thirtys get around to depositing i'm going to be bumped back down to ten untill tomorow. I think

proof

Yup, that's what those level 30 bastards did to you. (Damn, one point). As for me, I should be at level 10 just before the end of Feb. (I can't give the exact day, since those level 30 bastards keep depositing). PIMP doesn't seem to care, but Humantarget52 actually seems to wonder why he's soooo unpopular, with most NG users.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 12:26:15

click my Ng levels in sig to find the exact date you turn a level...

That guy never posted back im glad I did not think up a well structured routine for him.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 13:43:41

No dammit. The official sig of the club is the one i have dammit. IT was the first one made for the club and it was tight as hell... O ya one more thing.

Dammit camel where the hell have you been. How was Iraq or wherever the hell they sent you to. I remember you left and you only posted in the forums that no one posted in anyways. Anyways.... To the subject of martial arts i gotta get going soon. I have alot of practicing to do for a testing thats coming up as well as a project im doing with TKD so ya i'll keep you guys informed when it is released.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 14:13:59

To: PiePie - Actually, I have been using Denvish's level-calculator. The problem is that in a month-and-a-half, the point requirements will have gone up, since the level 30 users never stop depositing! As of now, it says I'll level up on the 25th of FEB., but it's probably going to be any date before the 28th, when FEB. actually gets here....... To: DSM- Well you do have a cool Sig. Is it actually the official banner of the club? If so, the only small problem I have with that is that the banner ignores ALL of the Western Arts. Some of the Techniques & Tactics that I have in my bag are from those Arts.......... BTW, anyone else not like the new personal profile menu? Tom said he changed it because people were complaining that they HAD to turn off their pop-up blocker just to access the menu. I had that problem to, when I was using MSN's pop-up blocker. I switched my toolbar to Yahoo's, and have been using their pop-up blocker with no problems! It can actually tell the difference between an un-wanted pop-up vs. me wanting to access my profile. (I liked the old pop-up menu much better. It looked like a real profile, all the main info was right there, nice and compact. Hell, the new one looks like a "Wanted Poster!" WTF)!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 16:11:52

Tom said there will be changes to the profile but I cannot wait to see what the messageing thingy will do. Uhmm messages...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 16:19:07

At 1/9/06 04:11 PM, PiePie wrote: Tom said there will be changes to the profile but I cannot wait to see what the messageing thingy will do. Uhmm messages...

Good!.... Because I'm not a crook. Why should my profile look like an e-wanted poster?!...... It's not like I've been submitting Barney Bunch spam, or file-swapping, on the Portal.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 17:33:49

At 1/9/06 04:19 PM, Monocrom wrote:
At 1/9/06 04:11 PM, PiePie wrote: Tom said there will be changes to the profile but I cannot wait to see what the messageing thingy will do. Uhmm messages...
Good!.... Because I'm not a crook. Why should my profile look like an e-wanted poster?!...... It's not like I've been submitting Barney Bunch spam, or file-swapping, on the Portal.

Holy shit... well that is annoying. Now I have to open a tab just to view my profile.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 22:15:45

At 1/9/06 05:33 PM, -TheFaces- wrote:

Holy shit... well that is annoying. Now I have to open a tab just to view my profile.

Yeah...... Tom also "improved" the page where you can access your previous BBS posts! (Yes, this IS one of those times when I'm being sarcastic in my post! Change doesn't always mean improvement).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 22:36:14

To Mono:

Well the original one had a different Yin-Yang System in the middle. And i just edited a bit. Im gonna make it look better soon but ya. But this was the first sig made. IF you look at around page 30 you might find another one of our sigs. It's all just pretty cool.

Wait before i hit post look what i found..
http://www.freewebs.com/martialartsclub/
The original martial arts club website that me and shin made forever ago. It has two of our sigs on it.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 23:27:11

Hi guys ive just noticed this club and am intrested.....sorry but i dont think id be able to surf trough hundreds of forms to get to know you all...o yah and i practice Tae Kwon Do moo-dok-kwon kindness style and have about 3 years under my teacher, hope to chat with you guys sometime.*deep bow*

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-09 23:49:30

At 1/9/06 10:36 PM, dsmking wrote: To Mono:

Well the original one had a different Yin-Yang System in the middle. And i just edited a bit. Im gonna make it look better soon but ya. But this was the first sig made. IF you look at around page 30 you might find another one of our sigs. It's all just pretty cool.

Wait before i hit post look what i found..
http://www.freewebs.com/martialartsclub/
The original martial arts club website that me and shin made forever ago. It has two of our sigs on it.

I checked out the original website; and pages 20-40, found the Sigs you mentioned. The one made for Leth was particularly nice. This might be a stupid question, but is the original website even active?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-10 00:04:53

Sorry for the double-post. To the 2 users new to the club, Welcome! Hope you both become regulars. This club is for anyone with a real interest in the martial arts. Also, we don't discriminate between New School vs. Old School, or Western vs. Eastern Arts. It's an open club for all to enjoy.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-10 00:45:28

At 1/9/06 11:27 PM, CurtisTheKiller wrote: Sorry but i dont think id be able to surf trough hundreds of forms to get to know you all.

First off welcome to the club.
Okay well here's the breakdown of the members: (in the order I can remember)
-TheFaces-: i'm basically the club spammer, I pretty much am the one that starts the off topic conversations. (unintentionally) I am one of the members from the first few pages that still regs this thread.

BigLundi: He checks in time to time just to see what's going on. Hard to get to know, but a pretty cool guy. Been here for a while, but not one of the club elders.

PiePie: same as lundi, except he was here on the first page.

dsmKing: Another elder, he is pretty knowledgable in TKD because he is an assistant sensai at his Dojang.

Monocrom: pretty recent member of the club and basically the clubs old guy. Pretty cool guy and as far as I know the only person that studies only western martial arts as of now.

Semi-Shinro: the club starter, respect him if he pops in. He dosn't have a high level or a high post count so be aware that sometimes you should read peoples screen names.

letahlity: everybody knows him as Leth because it's easier to type than letah. The club sweed, probablly the only person in the club that is a bigger smart ass than myself. He isn't a reg, but he checks in every couple months.

Carmelhadadinosaur: not a club reg, but he is a pretty cool guy. He stays on topic most of the time that he is here.

DroopyA: he fell off of the face of the internet, but if you ever happen to see him beware he's a dramaqueen.

Akula: He wasn't a very active member but I have to give him props because he helped shin quite abit with the forum back when it was running.

those are all of the people that have made a lasting impression on me or still pop in atleast once in a great while that I can think of.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-10 01:33:19

To: Faces- That actually was a very impressive breakdown of club members. (Now I'll just refer to your list if new members want some club background info). The only name not on the list that I can think of is Warhammer_40k. He pops in unexpectedly once in awhile. But not often enough for me to have formed an opinion of him, other than to say that he seems like an okay guy....... Your description of me was pretty accurate. But, I have been known to borrow techniques from Eastern Arts that I find useful. And, the best part of a Yawara or koppo stick is the fact that they can easily be improvised from common, everyday, harmless-looking items....... One thing I'm curious about, as the most recent regular; has anyone ever left the club under bad circumstances?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-10 01:58:46

At 1/10/06 01:33 AM, Monocrom wrote: One thing I'm curious about, as the most recent regular; has anyone ever left the club under bad circumstances?

Not really that I can think of, but tons of people come and ask to join then they fall off of the face of internets. It's probablly because they got pissed at the general forum... does that count as bad grounds?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-10 02:19:17

At 1/10/06 01:58 AM, -TheFaces- wrote:
At 1/10/06 01:33 AM, Monocrom wrote: One thing I'm curious about, as the most recent regular; has anyone ever left the club under bad circumstances?
Not really that I can think of, but tons of people come and ask to join then they fall off of the face of internets. It's probablly because they got pissed at the general forum... does that count as bad grounds?

Nope. If they didn't get pissed at something posted by another member, then it doesn't count. I was curious because I've seen a few former club members still regularly posting on the NG forums, just not in here. Oh well, that sort of thing seems common on NG. (Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many dead clubs floating around)...... Oh, hey; congrads on getting to keep your brassknucks! Don't worry though........ I'll take over as the club's new Level 10 regular at the end of February. ;)