00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best user for forum mod?

21,245 Views | 283 Replies

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 08:53:24

Archawn.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 09:23:25

On a serious note i would recommend Bahmut..if he was given the ban hammer he would know how to use it!!

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 09:31:11

WeHaveFreshCookies. He could do it right.

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 10:42:23

Bahamut would be a good choice for most moderator positions here on newgrounds. He's already three type of mods if I'm not mistaken and I'm think he could make another two quite easily. :P

Bahamut for Forum mod!

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 10:43:07

Bahamut
Lost-Chances
SlipperyMooseCakes (I can never remember this name properly)
Scarab

Those would be the four people I would say are ideal as forum moderators.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 10:59:04

Cute-Penguin

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 11:01:59

At 8/28/10 01:22 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Some good choices. There's at least 3 users we're interested in. Just waiting for a little more feedback.

If Bahamut isn't one of them, I'll be right disappointed.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 11:11:22

At 8/28/10 11:01 AM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: If Bahamut isn't one of them, I'll be right disappointed.

The only reason I can think of for why Bahamut wouldn't be modded at this point is if he's got something REALLY bad in his ban history or something. It would have to be fucking awful to cancel out all the good points, though (and the fact that he has so many good points somewhat minimises the chances of ithat being the case anyway).

I highly doubt He'll be winning that 'most underrated' BBS award any more, at this rate. :P

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 11:16:04

At 8/28/10 12:03 AM, Makeshift wrote: Why are you idiots voting for Cootie? God damn, get over him.

What's the problem with people voting for Cootie? The admins' choice won't be solely based on this thread, so if everyone votes for a shitty user, the admins won't make him/her a mod. BTW, I'm not saying that Cootie is a shitty user, that was just an example. My point is that everyone can vote for whoever they want.

At 8/28/10 12:58 AM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 8/28/10 12:35 AM, Ptero wrote:
At 8/28/10 12:29 AM, Mechabloby wrote: As for most of the others, in my view they are too young. I don't think there is really an age limit on modding, but I would find it foolish to mod anyone under 18 or even 20.
Wasn't SBB twelve when he was modded?
Kyan-Slandike - or however you spell his name - was a mod at 16 if I recall.

Still, SBB is the most outstanding example, he lied about his age and he got modded when he was twelve. Of course, being young doesn't mean that you're irresponsible or anything (there are 13-year-old people who are much more mature than people in their twenties).

At 8/28/10 01:22 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Some good choices. There's at least 3 users we're interested in. Just waiting for a little more feedback.

Whoa... While I normally don't care about who becomes a mod, all the drama in this thread really makes me want to know who will be modded next.

At 8/28/10 03:31 AM, Haggard wrote: Bahamut.

The Wi/HT revolution needs more power.

It's time we kick this revolution into overdrive!

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 11:20:29

I think only one user has been established in this thread, I disagree with most suggestions such as Gagsy and Cootie. SMC would be a good addition to the mod team, and CitricSquid considering what he has contributed.

Looks like Wade has made his decision already though, but I can't help think asking the community directly only offers a significant wave of biased answers.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 11:28:29

Through all this tension, there's only one thing I'm completely sure of:

I am never going to be a goddamn mod.

Also, scarab wouldn't be bad as a mod.
And something tells me heinrich would be decent, outside of his brilliant photoshops his posts are serious.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 11:59:25

Oliver, most definitely.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 12:02:44

Without question, Bahamut. Totally deserves it.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 12:20:29

At 8/28/10 11:59 AM, Fezz wrote: Oliver, most definitely.

FOOLISH MAN! You would be crazy to give Oliver that kind of power over us.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-29 02:52:36

PLOT TWIST!!!

I would have said Bahamut...but I have some startingly information...it seems he RAPED and MURDERED a girl in 1990...

Also this thread is why NG needs a TV show...this is better then 3/4's of the crap on reality TV these days. This could easily replace Jersey Shore.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-29 03:13:34

I belive we should, instead of voting on a BBS regular, vote on someone who actualy values each post and correctly follows the forum rules. Someone who has never been banned who cherishes each post like a child and cracks up every user in the thread. Maby at least 1000-2000 posts more or less, but someone who IMPACTS the community like a meteor impacts the earth.

aka obviously not me XD

I like waffles

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-29 03:23:36

I believe SlipperyMooseCakes would make the best mod.

No-In-Im?

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-29 03:24:33

As I said on Page 2 (I think)?)

SlipperyMooseCakes and Bahamut fo shizz.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-29 03:32:35

We have fresh cookies is pretty unbiased whenever I've seen 'im.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 13:49:53

I am so qualified for this position that no one has said my name for fear of stating the foolishly obvious.

Yes, that must be why.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:03:33

It's hard to elect someone honestly, not many people on here are mature let alone responsible for what they say let alone type before they think. Whereas I have trouble deciding on who should get my because most of the mature users are either Forum moderators already or they have left Newgrounds for a while or for good.
If anyone I think deserves to wear the title of a Forum Mod, my vote would have to go to three people. Esshole, Ptero, and Madnath75. I feel that these three users know what it takes to be a Forum Mod and I have the best hope that all three would treat the position with the respect and honor it deserves.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:04:06

Obviously this was (and still is) a nomination thread. Wade said they were interested in AT LEAST three. Have three new forum mods been added?

Balderdash and PoppyClock

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:08:15

Scarab is definitely mod material, I would vote for him.
Not only are his posts well structured and never really one word posts, he seems mature as far as I have read in his posts.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:12:37

At 9/1/10 01:44 PM, Twilight wrote: Insanely and extremely immature of you, HayBayBee, Cootie and WeHaveFreshCookies.

When life gives you lemons, make extremely bitter and resentful lemonade.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:15:35

Another list I didn't make.

This is why I should be mod, then...then I can get the attention I deserve. Why, I would come down on this forum with an iron fist I would.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:54:14

At 9/1/10 02:04 PM, Twilight wrote: Someone like GoryBlizzard is cool though, once again my opinion is biased but this guy is extremely intelligent and is more active than most mods. He's only been banned like 6 times out of the entire time he was here. But he probably never will be modded because of what he does in his pasttime (shit in boxes).

Danke, Twilight. However, I just want to quickly point out for people not in the know that I stopped shitting in boxes on December 27, 2009. I just didn't derive much pleasure in it anymore, I guess, but whatever. I still have a lot of other idiosyncrasies just like everyone else, though.

At 9/1/10 02:08 PM, Boss wrote: Scarab is definitely mod material, I would vote for him.
Not only are his posts well structured and never really one word posts, he seems mature as far as I have read in his posts.

I don't really have anything against Scarab, but from my private and public discussions with him on Stickam, I just get the feeling that he's always in a completely different world due to his extremely high levels of alcohol consumption. I used to have the same problem as he did until just a little more than 4 years ago, and I know firsthand that too much alcohol can badly impair your judgment. Other than that, I would say he's pretty good, and he has made a lot of valuable contributions on here as a writer.

As for your last two points, it's true that most of his posts on here are long, but he also often rambles on and on a lot more than he needs to. I think he could use a few lessons in brevity. He probably isn't the best fit for BBS modding, but I think he would be able to hack it out as a Writing Portal mod when the time comes.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 14:58:11

At 8/27/10 08:05 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 8/27/10 07:59 PM, WadeFulp wrote: If you could vote for only one user to be a forum mod, who would it be? Who do you think is the most deserving of this position and would assume the role of forum moderator honorably?
capncrunchdapimp

His post are pretty decent, and he seems to be on frequent, so if any one, I'd recommend him.

he's still on? wow some one i really remember is on. sure he'd be good but i also would like wehavefreshcookies, he seems like a fun guy

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 15:03:13

See...everyone just goes right over my posts. I never get noticed by anyone.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 15:06:47

Bahamut

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-09-01 15:12:09

At 8/27/10 08:00 PM, HayBayBee wrote: Cootie.

Cootie.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature