00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best user for forum mod?

21,243 Views | 283 Replies

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:02:00

SlipperyMooseCakes would be a nice addition to moderate the Video Games forum, but I don't know if he'd want to or not.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:05:18

I do find it intriguing that none of the current forum mods have nominated anyone yet.

Do we really all look that hopeless to you guys? In your eyes, are the forums just an irredeemable pit of stupidity in which nothing good can be found?

Probably. Oh well... :(

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:06:36

Coop8... wait, what?

Anyways, I'd just like to say that guys, popularity doesn't necessarily constitute mod worthiness and neither does post length. Regarding the later statement, while a lot of effort put into typing up each post is commendable, it doesn't mean that the user is necessarily fit to be a mod. But, since the two traits often go hand in hand, I won't dwell on that issue.

Moving on, I would say Scarab, but I know he has said before that he doesn't want to be a mod, so I won't. I'm going to go with the flow here and say Bahamut because although I don't know him that well, I feel as though he contributes a lot to the site and to the community, putting considerable thought into almost all of the posts that he makes. He also knows his way around, so to speak. I would not be surprised if he gets modded one of these days.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:07:49

Cootie. He's just too epic to not be a mod.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:08:09

Theydonthaveoldpie's alt

<3

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:09:36

At 8/27/10 10:05 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I do find it intriguing that none of the current forum mods have nominated anyone yet.

We're in our super secret mod cave, discussing and debating super secret things that may or may not involve super public mod nominations. For all you know though we could be arguing over which chip brand is better: Doritos or Lays.

Doritos.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:12:52

Ehem.

Scarab -- put a sock in his mouth and tie his butt to his chair. He always posts with a sort of...detail that should be admired and aspired to match. He also is normally very mature and seems to have little biased.

Insertfunnyusername -- While she is young I feel that she is more than capable to both moderate and kick ass. She posts with a maturity that far surpasses most here and I must say that she spends enough time here.

(Notice my theme of picking writers?)

Fro -- He and that bahamaut guy both seem to have the criteria necessary to be good mods.

Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:12:53

At 8/27/10 10:05 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I do find it intriguing that none of the current forum mods have nominated anyone yet.

Do we really all look that hopeless to you guys? In your eyes, are the forums just an irredeemable pit of stupidity in which nothing good can be found?

I have a few users in mind, but I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Plus I don't want to sway anyone by saying, "______ should totally be a mod."

Lays

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:12:59

At 8/27/10 10:09 PM, 36Holla wrote:

For all you know though we could be arguing over which chip brand is better: Doritos or Lays.

Doritos.

Lays.

Also, aren't they made by the same company?

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:13:03

The only user suggested in this thread that deserves modship is Bahamut. Everyone else is either a shitty choice (Cootie, Twilight), in self-exile from the BBS (Gagsy), or is not worthy of the position (no offense, WHFC, don't flame me for this, but you aren't ready yet).

With that said, Bahamut is the best choice overall.

GoryBlizzard is also worthy of modship. Just sayin'.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:13:58

Personally, I would pick Domo, but that is just because he helped me out so much.
Professionally, I would pick someone like Tails.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:15:05

honeslty.....Catoblepas, i am quite sure under all that drag he would be fair.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:16:23

I think GoryBlizzard would make a terrific mod. He's proven to be level headed and mature in the stickam rooms, if you're modding more than one user, you should definitely consider him as one of your candidates.

The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:16:33

At 8/27/10 10:08 PM, 111122223138 wrote: Theydonthaveoldpie's alt
<3

Wehavefreshcookies you twits

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:17:49

Am I the only one who thinks Seamonky would be a good forum mod?

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:27:58

I'm going to jump on the obviously legitimate band wagon and suggest Bahamut.

Only guy that comes to mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:33:35

Bahamut, Gagsy, reverend, Fro.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:35:48

I'd have to go with Bahamut.

Why? Well he is a regular within the helpful clubs known as The Clubs & Crew Regulars Lounge and The Icon Mod Crew.

He's also a regular within the Where Is/How To? Forum helping out those he can there. Plus not to mention he does know the community well.

By being a moderator he can help not only keep the forums maintained with the other moderators, he can also be more helpful. However Wade I honestly believe Bahamut would probably be better off as a Review Moderator than he would a Forum Moderator, but he would still make a good Forum Moderator.

Your Call

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:36:07

At 8/27/10 10:09 PM, 36Holla wrote: We're in our super secret mod cave, discussing and debating super secret things that may or may not involve super public mod nominations. For all you know though we could be arguing over which chip brand is better: Doritos or Lays.

...Asking why you have to keep your opinions secret isn't going to generate a straight answer here, is it?

OK, fine. To be honest, Timmy's post about not wanting to skew everyone's opinion with a nomination makes enough sense anyway, super secret mod cave or not.

PS: Doritos. Lays Don't exist in the UK.
At 8/27/10 10:17 PM, Thematrix27 wrote: Am I the only one who thinks Seamonky would be a good forum mod?

Ehh, IMO there's nothing wrong with his posts in themselves, and he is already a review mod (so he can be trusted with mod tools and such), but I really don't like the number of month-long gaps in-between his BBS visits. Half the point of modding someone is so they can monitor a fast-moving forum, and if you're afk for most of the time, it somewhat defeats the point.

But this is just a rambling opinion anyway, so feel free to ignore it.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:37:50

At 8/27/10 10:33 PM, HayBayBee wrote: FUCK no!!!! I don't think he should be a mod.

That is your opinion, I may not agree with it but I'll defend to the DEATH your right to express it.

bitch lol

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:38:56

At 8/27/10 10:36 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: asdfg.

Also Sheizenhammer would be a good mod.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:40:27

At 8/27/10 10:39 PM, HayBayBee wrote:
At 8/27/10 10:37 PM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 8/27/10 10:33 PM, HayBayBee wrote: FUCK no!!!! I don't think he should be a mod.
That is your opinion, I may not agree with it but I'll defend to the DEATH your right to express it.
bitch lol
I'm getting pissed off! He does NOT deserve to be a mod!! Humph!

How does he not? He's more mod worthy than any other non-mod user.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:40:36

At 8/27/10 10:39 PM, HayBayBee wrote: I'm getting pissed off! He does NOT deserve to be a mod!! Humph!

I don't think you deserve to have your opinion considered.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:40:36

I'm interested in hearing your reasoning.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:42:07

InsertFunnyUsername and Bahamut.

That is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:45:43

goryblizzard deserves moderatorship. hell, he's been here 7 years.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:46:49

At 8/27/10 10:13 PM, Sectus wrote: Personally, I would pick Domo, but that is just because he helped me out so much.
Professionally, I would pick someone like Tails.

No I would not be a good mod. I would do ok and try my best but taking the chance for Bahamut to become a mod I don't think so.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 22:51:26

Users I think would be a great mod in general(art, audio, icon, bbs, review)
Bahamut
Hacsev
reverend
Fro
Sectus
Mans0n
wehavefreshcookies

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 23:17:05

At 8/27/10 10:44 PM, HayBayBee wrote: I want to know why you think he does. Looking at his posts, I mean yes there really long, but big deal, I just don't feel like he should be a mod.
Also, I'm butthurt because everyone likes him.

I think he does because of the level of thought and helpfulness that I feel is contained in his posts. As a maker of long posts myself, I'm well aware that long doesn't necessarily equal good - a thought that I mentioned in my earlier post - so that's not what I'm basing my judgments on, if that's the idea that you had. I just think he's an all-around helpful guy who knows his stuff.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 23:25:29

Bahamut. Also, InsertFunnyUsername's been great on the writing forum.