00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best user for forum mod?

21,242 Views | 283 Replies

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 23:37:07

Someone clone BBR and make his whole life be modding the NG forums

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 23:40:11

Bahamut or EJR probably.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 23:47:58

1st choice: STEM--if you ever demod him, remod him instead of replacing him.
2nd choice: AndrewGlisson13--I think he'd be funny without abusing it too much.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:05:38

Hmm ... what to say. Many things can be said, but in the end Bahamut is really the no brainier choice. He has been a NG staple for several years and really enjoys this place day in and day out. Not to mention, that he has won the Underrated BBS Awards multiple times, back to back, which seems to be some prerequisite for modship. Bahamut is really an awesome and responsible guy and I'm sure he will enjoy the challenge of becoming a Forum Mod.

And as for some people tossing my name in the ring, thank you very much. I really do appreciate it. :)

====

At 8/27/10 08:59 PM, DonDuDonDon wrote: GAZE UPON BAHAMUT'S MIGHTY PENIS!!!

Hmm, that picture looks very familiar. Yep. :P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:13:03

Holy moderation, Bahamut!

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:29:36

It's amazed me for ages that Bahamut has never been forum modded. I believe out of everyone named he is the obvious, SENSIBLE choice.

As for most of the others, in my view they are too young. I don't think there is really an age limit on modding, but I would find it foolish to mod anyone under 18 or even 20. Sure they can be smart, mature, an overall good poster, but you just don't know what kind of person they might yet turn into, or how pseudo-power might affect them.

Also Gagsy is shit.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:35:46

At 8/28/10 12:29 AM, Mechabloby wrote: As for most of the others, in my view they are too young. I don't think there is really an age limit on modding, but I would find it foolish to mod anyone under 18 or even 20.

Wasn't SBB twelve when he was modded?

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:39:29

What we need is someone besides DirtySyko and BBM on VG. The regulars there are swamped with idiots like BlazeHeatnix, KeithHybrid, and PartaySelect. If you do pick anyone, please let it be a regular there.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:40:54

At 8/28/10 12:36 AM, Alaska wrote:
At 8/28/10 12:28 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: There's you're first problem. An NG regular would make the best mod, not just somebody with a high level.
I disagree, all of the newgrounds regulars suck. <3

I dis-disagree. You need someone who is on the BBS a lot, who lurks in greater measure than they post. A regular who is responsible is a perfect choice for a moderator.

The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 00:58:46

At 8/28/10 12:35 AM, Ptero wrote:
At 8/28/10 12:29 AM, Mechabloby wrote: As for most of the others, in my view they are too young. I don't think there is really an age limit on modding, but I would find it foolish to mod anyone under 18 or even 20.
Wasn't SBB twelve when he was modded?

Kyan-Slandike - or however you spell his name - was a mod at 16 if I recall.

Although I understand the argument that age should be taken into consideration, I think that there should be some leeway for individual cases. After all, a lot of 20 year olds wouldn't handle the power very well, either, and there isn't always a huge difference between a mature 16 year old and an 18 year old.

At 8/28/10 12:41 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: If you're a mod, you should patrol ALL the forums. Not just the one you like the best. You're here for fun, but you have a responsibility too.

That's not really realistic. Each forum has a set of unwritten rules and expectations that takes some time to get accustomed to. How is someone who only visited, say, poli, C&C and Where is/How to before getting modded supposed to know what the standards are for the videogame forum? Plus, there are 18 some-odd forums. How is one mod going to police them all? It's better for everyone that more mods are modded in than name of specific forums. Within reason, it doesn't hurt to have a lot of mods. There's no harm done.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:01:40

Captain-Ben for real mod.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:02:25

SlipperyMooseCakes

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:06:44

SlipperyMooseCakes

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:22:36

Some good choices. There's at least 3 users we're interested in. Just waiting for a little more feedback.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:24:05

At 8/28/10 01:22 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Some good choices. There's at least 3 users we're interested in. Just waiting for a little more feedback.

Please oh please pick Bahamut.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:24:13

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:37:11

At 8/28/10 01:34 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: stuff
Anyway, happy aura-pissing.

I have a feeling that even if they do pick gagsy, she'll refuse, I sure they picked bahamut, but what the hell do I know, I just hope they pick the right people.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:46:04

At 8/28/10 01:29 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 8/28/10 01:22 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Some good choices. There's at least 3 users we're interested in. Just waiting for a little more feedback.

Wait a minute your actually looking for a new mod? And asked us to pick one. Mind telling us who are the special three up for becoming mod(one of which is Bahamut I bet).

I am actually pretty excited to see who will be picked. I am not so sure who I want to be picked if three users are going to be picked I really hope that Bahamut will be one of those who is picked. Also, I don't get all the Gagsy nominations; I am sure she would be swell don't get me wrong. But, I can see that she is trying to get the word out that she wants to get less involved with NG and offering her modship defiantly wouldn't help with that at all.

I heared that to Cootie that Gasgy has been focusing more on other things beside NG(so I guess she is out for becoming a mod). Anyway can't wait to see who becomes the new mod.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:48:20

At 8/28/10 01:42 AM, Sensationalism wrote: lol, Cootie would make a terrible mod!

Yeah, I like him as a poster, but he doesn't seem like he would be a good mod.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:49:29

This is a great example why this site should be a model for public relations (cock joke). I know of very few large sites that have a staff so in touch with the community; kudos.

Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:54:41

At 8/28/10 01:51 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Cootie stuff

Yeah, I don't know when it became cool to hate on him. It seems like it all came after his name change. He's a nice guy and a good poster. I don't understand what all the hate is for.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 01:57:32

At 8/28/10 01:51 AM, Urban-Champion wrote:
Admit it. There are a lot of worse posters than Cootie here.

yeah, he's a good poster, but that doesn't make him a great mod.

I don't know him, but in my opinion, it takes more understanding, experience and maturity here to be a mod.

All I said was just because someone is popular it won't make him a great mod, I didn't mean to seem like I was hating anyone, as said earlier, I don't know the guy.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:04:35

Final votes: Bahamut, fro, wehavefreshcookies, slipperymoosecakes, EJR, and unfortunately enough...COOTIE....he has come here enough to understand the rules and visits on a daily basis for hours a day, when there are no mods around HE is around.
im sure he will get rid of the crap if he is modded. He is around enough to do so. Have fun at the NG meetup parties Cootie, your going to be going to them now :|

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:08:37

At 8/28/10 02:05 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Exactly since when has maturity been a part of being a good mod? All the mods like to have a good time on the BBS; they're not all dead shit serious.

well what is maturity?

I find it as another word for understanding, but on a psychological level, which may come by experience, or other mediums.

It's different then just being serious, a part of maturity would be knowing when to be serious, or silly.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:11:01

I'll need some time to get in touch with the users we have selected. I'll be back to continue with this tomorrow.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:13:12

At 8/28/10 02:11 AM, WadeFulp wrote: I'll need some time to get in touch with the users we have selected. I'll be back to continue with this tomorrow.

THAAAAAAATS fantastic.....i seriously cannot help but feel a hint of sadness here for some reason :|
i don't know why, this thread just makes me sad.
Well Bahamut WINS! WOOOooooo......

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:24:20

At 8/28/10 02:21 AM, Cootie wrote: It actually saddens me how little credit you people give me.

You don't even have the maturity to avoid whining in a thread like this. People like you as a regular. You won't make a good mod for at least a few years. Accept it and move on.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:26:58

Oh the excitement!

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:30:18

At 8/28/10 02:04 AM, sweet21 wrote: unfortunately enough...COOTIE....he has come here enough to understand the rules and visits on a daily basis for hours a day, when there are no mods around HE is around.
im sure he will get rid of the crap if he is modded. He is around enough to do so. Have fun at the NG meetup parties Cootie, your going to be going to them now :|

Hey COOTIE it appears as though you didn't read my post did you?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-28 02:33:45

At 8/28/10 02:32 AM, Cootie wrote:
I don't think I am going to get it bud. I read it when you first posted it, but I knew it wasn't gonna happen. I couldn't even go to a mod party even if I was modded. I am only 16 and I assure you that my mom would not let me go hang with a bunch of strangers on the other side of the country. I wouldn't even ask.

Well newgrounds still loves you anyways.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature