00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hunting& Fishing Club

8,276 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-10-18 05:36:03

Hello,

This is a club for Anyone who enjoys the Outdoors, It may say Hunting and fishing but this also includes; Kayaking, Hiking, Camping, Canoeing, Trapping, and any out of doors activity.

The rules
-Post your stories and pictures
-help if others have problems
-NO ILLEGAL PRACTICES (If you are using illegal hunting or fishing practices do not post)
-state what you are best at

I love fishing, it's my forte. I am rather new to hunting and kayaking. I have been reading on survival techniques and am pretty decent at certain practices.

So Ng what do you do when you step away from the computer and enjoy the great outdoors?

Hunting& Fishing Club

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-10-19 20:47:50

That's really cool, I've never gone gator hunting but I really love fishing and kayaking though.

If I can I will get my pictures of my king salmon and I'm getting out coyote popping later this year.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-15 20:16:50

At 11/6/10 04:06 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Going buck hunting thanksgiving week.

Doing this myself on turkey break, Except I gotta fill out my doe tag too.

I'm gonna sound pretty redneck here but this is my thanksgiving plan:
-Turkey
-Beer
-Hunting

All on seperate days of course.... well maybe not the beer and turkey.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-24 21:38:36

'Sup guys! I'm not an avid hunter, although I do hunt with my cousins a few times a year, but I eat, sleep, and breathe angling. Mahi Mahi's are my favorite ocean fish to catch, and Walleyes are my favorite inland fish. Oh, and it can be said that I'm a pro, at least for part of the year. (Best job ever.) My mom's brother runs a seafood restaurant about 40 miles north of Myrtle beach, called Beck's of Calabash. I spend my summers there half of the year, playing PS3 with my uncle on weekends, and getting the catch of the day, then waiting tables on weekdays. Three months and five or so blue marlins later, I return home reluctantly. I trolled mondays, wednesdays and fridays, and bottom fished tuesdays and thursdays. If you want to know any more, feel free to ask. Here's me last year helping my uncle with a charter. Yes, I'm a short little fuck, but that doesn't matter too much judging on the size of the cow I'm holding.

Hunting& Fishing Club

SirKillington is your new god.

Mongo just pawn... in game of life.

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-27 17:23:24

At 11/24/10 09:38 PM, newgroundskeeperjim wrote:

Dude you look 14 but regardless, nice catch. Mahi Mahi are weird to fish for. Gotta look for sea turtles and floating garbage.

Went out hunting twice this weekend, saw 2 does that got spooked when I brought up the gun and one doe that stayed just out of range behind everything.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-27 22:20:35

So bow season's officially on in my state. I'm going for a license tomorrow. I've always enjoyed hunting with my compound bow. The biggest thing I've killed? A 500-something buck, shot him through the belly. I tend to gravitate toward smaller animals with bows, just because it presents a bigger challenge. I've hit quite a few squirrels and a few types of birds (mostly quail, but I've shot geese and pheasant before, not to forget my first kill when I was 7, a turkey), but my favorite game for bow hunting is rabbits. I also agree with the guy above me that turkeys can be annoying as shit. They have ruined one or two days for me before with all the noise they make.
Moving on, I think I'll start the club's first group discussin by asking this: What is your dream game to hunt/fish? What I'd like to hunt the most would probably be bighorn. I've heard they can be a pretty nice challenge. I've already caught my dream fish a few times, but I've never gotten a bull before. I'm talking about a Blue Marlin. Even the small ones are a huge joy to catch. Second place to that would be a tie between swordfish and sailfish. I caught both of those the first time last summer at the shop. Funny story with the sail. I was bottomfishing for something small like a snapper, so I really wasn't expecting anything over 15 or so pounds. I had my pliers and towel in my seat. When the sailfish got hooked, I damn near got yanked out of the boat. I was lucky I he hadn't run with it yet, or I might've lost a good rod, plus break my boat's thingy majigger (Can't think of the name... It's the horizontal bar near the cockpit that you snake your lines through to add leverage. That.) Somehow, I got to the chair and with the help of the rest of the guys on the boat, reeled that fucker in. Ah, I'm rambling now. One of the guys I was fishing with happened to snap a picture of him a few feet off our boat. I'll try to get a picture of whatever I kill with a bow. Until then, I'll be looking forward to see what you guys put as an answer to my question.
~Keeper

Hunting& Fishing Club

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-28 02:45:02

Sounds like you need either a bigger blind or a smaller chair. I don't buy blinds and really haven't had a need for one, Just sit my happy ass on a stump on a hill and wait for a girl to step in the 60 yards I'm comfortable with.

Also 500 point buck keeper? You using that confangled system? how many tines was it, thats how you count points. None of that higher math bullshit

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-28 12:00:44

At 11/28/10 02:45 AM, Mason wrote: Also 500 point buck keeper? You using that confangled system? how many tines was it, thats how you count points. None of that higher math bullshit

Sorry for the confusion. I just looked off my scorecard for that one. I shot it once, through the gut, a whitetail with a 37-inch girth. That was a goiod day.

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-28 18:55:45

Shitty luck incendiary.

In other news I went out today at around 2:30-3:00 and sat for awhile. At about 4:30 three start walking up a p heavily used trail... that comes within inches of my feet.

The first one walks up the trail to the left and gets about 8 paces from me. It stops and stares directly at me. I didn't move or blink for a good thirty seconds. It broadsides for a second then turns around and starts back down the trail.

At this point I'm like "Shit they are all going to go back and I won't get a shot."

Then it turns and left and walks up the hill to the direct left of me. Again it stops and looks at me, another stare down. It turns around and heads back downhill again but it's head goes behind a tree, this gives me a chance to bring the gun up. I follow it with the bead for a few seconds, find the spot and fire.

One shot and it goes down, rolls down the hill and stops.

I paused for a second to see if it would get up again and bolt but it doesn't so I eject my shell, pick it up, pocket it, turned on my safety, and walk down hill.

It's down and not moving but it's still breathing and blinking, send my dad a text to hurry over with a knife so we can kill it and field dress it. It dies before he gets to me but in that time I check the animal.

Button buck.

I cleaned him, tagged him, and brought him to the SUV. He's now hanging in my garage draining so we can skin him tomorrow.

If anyone wants to know the shot got him right above the shoulder and cut his heart clean off it's aortas.

Hunting& Fishing Club

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-28 19:24:42

At 11/28/10 07:09 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: What kind of shot gun where you using?

Remington 870 express with 3inch slugs

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-28 21:10:41

At 11/28/10 07:42 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 11/28/10 07:24 PM, Mason wrote:
At 11/28/10 07:09 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: What kind of shot gun where you using?
Remington 870 express with 3inch slugs
I thought on the ground you had to use buckshot?

Buckshots illegal in my state, everywhere has different rules man.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-11-29 01:37:11

At 11/28/10 09:30 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
Buckshot is illegal? In my state you can only use buckshot to hunt deer on the ground. No rifles, no slugs. That is weird.

Me and my friend were hunting on the way to our stands and we heard some dogs running one towards us. He said "If we get it, you tell everyone we were in the stand."

Dogs are also Illegal to hunt with for deer in my area, but a push is fine. Also buckshot is illegal in NY because it is too inaccurate, We try and be humane hunters.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-04 03:26:04

At 12/4/10 12:25 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
For the sake of conversation, why don't we post some knives, hm?

I actually have to thank you for this post. Because of it I stumbled across a website that hosts information about my uncle Francis Better's sports shop. Couldn't find the knife but found a found memory.

RIP Uncle Fran

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-10 04:55:40

At 12/4/10 12:25 AM, Cordyceps wrote:

For the sake of conversation, why don't we post some knives, hm?

okay

should of posted in this group earlier, i enjoy the outdoors, whether its just fishing, camping, walking or sometimes shooting with my bro in law

dont collect knives or anything just bought this bowie knife for chopping up fish for nets

Hunting& Fishing Club

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-11 04:08:34

Hi, I just saw this club and well... I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Joe, and I fish... Or sometimes i don't fish at all. Like last week when this picture was taken, it was shot on a not so lucky fishing trip, this was the biggest fish we caught, a rainbow trout just over 2 pounds. We were using spinning reels and salmon eggs as bait but we just didn't got lucky.

So, I guess this was my introduction...

Hunting& Fishing Club

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-11 05:51:05

At 12/11/10 04:08 AM, stingertorra wrote:

Holy balls if thats an off day I want to fish with you guys!

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-11 12:18:53

At 12/11/10 05:51 AM, Mason wrote:
Holy balls if thats an off day I want to fish with you guy

Of course this was a "good" bad day, last may I went camping and "fishing" for 3 days with my brother and my cousin, and hoping we would catch enough fish to eat, only took food for day one's breakfast plus some milk, cookies and a bottle of "Jackie D".

The first day we didn't got a bite, we were using dough bait and worms, of course this was in may so trout is a lot harder to catch since the water is warm and the fish are near the bottom were the water is colder. On day 2 from 7 am to 10 am the fish started biting... but with biting I mean the were eating or bait but not biting the hooks, it was a really frustrating situation. Then at 3 or 4 in the afternoon we were really hungry, angry and running out of bait, so I started walking around (we were fishing from shore) and I found a grub worm near to a rock, I picked it up and I hooked it thinking "maybe with this big worm I can get a big fish". I casted whithout noticing the line was loose on my reel and it tangled, I put my rod on the ground and I started retrieving it with my hands and when it was 10ft or so away from shore, a fish bit. So I started fighting it pulling the line with my hands, I didn't know what to do on this kind of scenario so fearing the line would break because of the tension I pulled the fish out of the water as quick as I could and I called my brother to help me with the fish who was jumping around so my brother came, he took out his knife and nailed the fish to the floor so it would stop jumping... It weighted around 2 lbs. And that was all we ate on day two.

We decided not to stay on day three.

And that was one of the worst trips I've had but the way we got our one fish made it worth telling.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-11 12:53:06

At 12/11/10 12:18 PM, stingertorra wrote:

Lol, I'd have laughed about the whole situation.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-11 13:58:44

At 12/11/10 12:53 PM, Mason wrote:
At 12/11/10 12:18 PM, stingertorra wrote:
Lol, I'd have laughed about the whole situation.

I can't laugh when i'm hungry. lol

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-12 03:49:31

I am a extreme outdoors person Mason, Im so in this I'll post my stories later.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-12 18:58:40

At 12/12/10 03:49 AM, smeagol1 wrote: I am a extreme outdoors person Mason, Im so in this I'll post my stories later.

Sweet can't wait to see what you got.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-19 14:54:10

Figure I'll just post some of my close encounters with animals I meet in the woods. I took this one two years ago, I was just on my usual walk in the woods through my neighbors land. I almost stepped on this hen, she was literally within a step away from me when I snapped this picture. She had chicks under her which was interesting.

Hunting& Fishing Club

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-24 01:20:35

Any christmas or winter hunting or camping stories?

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2010-12-24 15:56:40

At 12/19/10 02:54 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Figure I'll just post some of my close encounters with animals I meet in the woods. I took this one two years ago, I was just on my usual walk in the woods through my neighbors land. I almost stepped on this hen, she was literally within a step away from me when I snapped this picture. She had chicks under her which was interesting.

Nice Smeagol, I walked out of my College at like 10Pm and saw two deer about ten feet away. Tried to take a pic but they bolted

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2011-01-09 03:58:13

So we finally put some venison into the dehydrator and made jerky. The flavour was phenomenal but my dad tends to over-dry things so it was a bit hard. I personally like chewier jerky.

And I got a nice hunting pack (40 liters!), 40 below socks, and a leatherman wave for Xmas.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2011-01-15 16:50:55

At 12/19/10 02:54 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Figure I'll just post some of my close encounters with animals I meet in the woods. I took this one two years ago, I was just on my usual walk in the woods through my neighbors land. I almost stepped on this hen, she was literally within a step away from me when I snapped this picture. She had chicks under her which was interesting.

Whoa, nice pic. :D
Is that a (can't tell that much) goose, or, duck, or turkey? :o

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.

PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2011-01-15 16:57:46

At 1/15/11 04:50 PM, PSILeo wrote:
Is that a (can't tell that much) goose, or, duck, or turkey? :o

Turkey, now Funeral Fog!!!

Hunting& Fishing Club

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2011-01-16 00:48:26

At 1/16/11 12:12 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
I like how the Wave has tools accessible from when its in the closed position, but I went with the Supertool because its heavier duty. Well worth the extra money.

Yeah but it doesn't have locking features which is fuckin stellar.

I wanted a Charge but they were fresh out. like. everywhere.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2011-04-16 15:57:04

At 2/23/11 05:16 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Just finIshed my hunter's course (necessary in BC) and I'm waiting for my license. I picked up a decent Winchester air rifle, and I'm definitely looking forward to picking up some small game.

Anything new from you guys?

Trout season started back up here in NY but all my fishing gear is home. I'm in college at the moment and one cool thing about my college? Deer fucking everywhere. I don't think the dean would allow anyone to hunt here even if it was just bow hunting.

Response to Hunting& Fishing Club 2011-11-21 04:51:08

So, for the fishermen here:

Where do you live?

Australia, near Adelaide

What do you prefer/normally fish in? Freshwater/saltwater?

Freshwater

What kind of fish do you catch the most in your area?

European Carp (introduced species,smelly as fuck. inedible, a pest and sadly the most caught fish around here),Murray Cod, Silver Perch, Golden Perch, Bony brim, Murray Catfish (were sort of rare here but now are more prominent due to recent floods)

What kind of rods/reels/tackle do you use?

2 main rods are a Pfleuger Echelon Baitcaster reel with Abu Garcia Muscletip overhead rod, and a Pfleuger Asaro Spinning reel with another Abu Garcia rod.

Pic related, what me and a friend caught the other day.

How often do you go fishing?

Hunting& Fishing Club