00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best user for forum mod?

21,240 Views | 283 Replies

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:13:11

At 8/27/10 08:02 PM, Igotaname13 wrote:
At 8/27/10 08:02 PM, MalaysianParkingLots wrote:
At 8/27/10 08:02 PM, AntarcticBarbecue wrote:
At 8/27/10 08:00 PM, Laughingbox wrote:
At 8/27/10 07:59 PM, Igotaname13 wrote: Wehavefreshcookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
Wehavefreshcookies
Wehavefreshcookies
WeHaveFreshCookies

WeHaveFreshCookies.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:13:27

At 8/27/10 08:07 PM, Igotaname13 wrote: Whatever you do, don't mod Cootie, he will turn into a Gagsy if she had modship, and that's just terrible.

Just because someone is popular, doesn't mean they'll be a good mod

bahamut also seems like a good choice.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:15:19

Definitely Bahamut, he's a nice levelheaded non-biased guy.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:15:27

Wehavefreshcookies.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:15:40

At 8/27/10 08:10 PM, king-mario121 wrote:
At 8/27/10 08:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Don't vote for yourself, or vote for someone who obviously does not deserve the position, or can be trusted with it. I may ban you.
Are you owner of BBS??

Technicaly, yes. He in fact is.

As for my vote, I would pick Ragnorkia, but he doesn't get on newgrounds much anymore, so I would vote for WeHaveFreshCookies.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:16:12

You know I said before Cootie and Bahamut right. Add Fro there in my vote he is a intelligent guy like Bahamut and helps out alot.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:16:27

Usually I wouldn't reply to this sort of thread as I think that just because the userbase believes someone would be good at something doesn't mean they would, in the sense that higher ups would (rightfully might I add) be better judges of what is and isn't desirable in someone trusted to volunteer for the benefit of the site.

With that said, allow me to completely contradict the above point by saying a lot of the Wi/Ht users would be exceptionally good. In the recent(ish) past NEVR, 36Holla, Coop and Auz have all been modded deservingly and have done a good job, but lots of the other guys who frequent the LUL such as Fro, Haggard, reverend and of course Bahamut (to name but a few) would do a wonderful job, assuming of course they'd want to do it. They've got all the same traits as the other golden-aura'd Wi/Hters; mature, been part of the site for ages, all have a helpful attitude (as is to be expected in a regular in Wi/Ht; it's the nature of the forum itself), great contributors in one way or another, and most importantly of all they are down to earth, nice guys.

So yeah, for what it's worth, any of them would be awesome in my view.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:17:46

I'd vote for gagsy but I believe she doesn't want to be a forum mod or something like that.

And why is everyone voting for WeHaveFreshCookies? He's awesome but I don't think he's mod material, I guess we'll see what Wade thinks, he could be good but who knows.

Also Heinrich is pretty awesome and so is Chronamut, they would make cool mods.

Also is forum mod = general forums mod? Or just any mod of the website/BBS?

Just chillin'

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:18:20

At 8/27/10 08:13 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 8/27/10 08:07 PM, Igotaname13 wrote: Whatever you do, don't mod Cootie, he will turn into a Gagsy if she had modship, and that's just terrible.
Just because someone is popular, doesn't mean they'll be a good mod

bahamut also seems like a good choice.

What is a "gagsy"??? Urban Dic has no answer for that word. :?

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:18:50

At 8/27/10 08:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Don't vote for yourself, or vote for someone who obviously does not deserve the position, or can be trusted with it. I may ban you.

You do realise half of the people who respond to this aren't going to read this far down the thread, right?

Meh. More ban points for you. :P

OK, back on topic.
...Umm... I really don't know. If I had to nominate one person, it'd have to be reverend, since he and Auz were more or less indistinguishable on the forums as far as post quality went, and still largely are (if you cover up the golden aura... :P).

Then again, I really don't know if he'd actually want to be a forum mod in the first place. That's kind of the paradox with forum mod standards: You need to be able to regularly deal with the General forum, since it's the biggest headache for the mod team, but because it's such a shit-fest most of the time, hardly any of the users who have post qualities showing forum mod characteristics want to come here on a regular basis anyway. All the ones I can think of (that aren't already modded) are mostly active in the Wi/Ht and C&C forums, hardly ever coming in here.

It's also impossible to tell if their own site enjoyment would be ruined by the resultant unending stream of butthurt and anti-authority raging most mods get on a daily basis, regardless of how well they try to explain themselves and the rules here. I know at least 3 or 4 that have changed their attitudes to the forums completely as a direct result of being modded (mostly for the worse, too). I suppose there's only one way to find out about that, though.

Damn... I never actually sat down and thought about how hard picking a new mod would be before. Guess it's not as easy as everyone thinks...

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:19:17

At 8/27/10 08:17 PM, Saren wrote: Also is forum mod = general forums mod? Or just any mod of the website/BBS?

A Forum Mod, you can't get just a General Mod.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:20:53

I think Bahamut deserves it more.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:21:27

At 8/27/10 08:18 PM, UkuFromHell wrote: What is a "gagsy"??? Urban Dic has no answer for that word. :?

Gagsy is a Forum regular, who usually posts sensibliy

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:21:38

Capncrunchdapimp.

I'd vote for Cootie...but he seems kinda like the guy who get pissed off at all the stupid people on the BBS then go on biased banning sprees or ban for a stupid reason accidentally.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:22:21

Bahamut. or Gagsy. The mod team needs more females.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:23:10

I see modship as more of a punishment than a reward.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:23:30

Gagsy is a very sensible person. So is WeHaveFreshCookies. I'm going with the majority and voting for Cookie.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:23:37

At 8/27/10 08:18 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: You do realise half of the people who respond to this aren't going to read this far down the thread, right?

Actually he deleted the self-vote posts that were before it. Including mine.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:26:53

I'll make it brief, because Lord knows my opinion isn't important anyway.

Writing forum.

Even though Stickam regulars argue otherwise.

And by extension, everyone that matters.

Actually, get a Stickam regular in, I'm sure that'll double the fun certainly, doesn't matter who.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:28:35

At 8/27/10 08:26 PM, Scarab wrote: Writing forum.

Writing, Animation and Collaboration need more mods.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:29:41

At 8/27/10 08:27 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Reverend

Just a pro-tip: if reverend ever got modded, he'd start handing out 30 day bans for capitalising his name from day one, it's the bane of his existence :P

Just kidding rev :P

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:29:44

At 8/27/10 08:27 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Christ... I didn't know I was that popular... Thanx guiz. =D

But I think it would be in bad taste to vote for myself. So I'm going to say Reverend, Bahamut, Auz, (owait...) or some other Wi/Ht Reg. I've been going there a little more nowadays as part of my sudden baffling desire to be a more involved with the site, but those guys seem to have dedicated their lives to helping the site out. Much respect.

How does it feel to be ego stroked on the internet?Lucky....
you know, i would vote for alpha-centauri.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:30:14

Aw I forgot about Rev. HE would be a really great choice to become a mod. It must be a little stressful for Wade since there are so many users that deserve a modship but not enough to go around.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:35:36

At 8/27/10 08:28 PM, Britkid wrote:

Wade, you'd be a great mod.

He already is a mod buddie ;)

I think ... Cootie for my vote

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:38:11

Bahamut.

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:40:19

At 8/27/10 08:37 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Well I don't think this is a "voting" thread.

I wouldn't be too sure. I think either Zendra or Zerok haven't been active since January. There's also a few other inactive mods on the list...

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:41:00

I was going to vote for Yamor, but then he went and changed his name...

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:42:36

At 8/27/10 08:41 PM, HoIy wrote: I was going to vote for Yamor, but then he went and changed his name...

I know how you feel.

My beautiful music!

BBS Signature

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:44:24

At 8/27/10 08:37 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Well I don't think this is a "voting" thread.

I agree, it's more like a 'suggestion' thread IMO too. I think Wade's about to go pruning the inactive forum mods again (TheShrike, for instance, hasn't been here since December '09), and would like new ones in their places. I suppose stuff like this could help him decide who to look at more closely, even if it's not an outright voting contest.

If everybody in this thread said, w33d44lyfe or SockMyDink (God that was a long time ago...) I doubt that they would be modded. But that's just an example.

Lol, I remember SockMyDink (and a few of his more hilarious alts too XD).

Bahamut kinda deserves it.

Yeah, Bahamut was a close second when I was thinking about it. I had a little list in my head, but picking a 'winner' wasn't easy. IMO, reverend is slightly better... but only just. It's not like Bahamut would be a bad choice (at least, so far as I can tell) by any measure.

/slurp-fest.

Response to Best user for forum mod? 2010-08-27 20:46:08

Let's get the Ejit ball rolling! He's clever and stuff.