00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirko99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

48,696 Views | 996 Replies

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 17:48:07

At 12/6/08 05:44 PM, mwmike wrote:
I kind of feel like changing one of my nominations to him now, though I don't think it's urgent enough for it, I might decide to change it later though.

I'll vote for you even though we are rivals till the end.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 17:48:24

At 12/6/08 04:25 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Morichax is over rated. I meant to go for mwmike rather than you but I forgot he was an 08 user.

Since I'm a pathetic knob, I'm going to beg you to change it.

Pwese change it. For meeee.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 17:48:36

I would love to vote, but I have no idea who to choose. I'm too unexperienced to know who's who.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 17:50:29

At 12/6/08 02:08 PM, solardave wrote: I have two nominations for master creator. If I was going to get nominated for awards that category was unexpected. Oh well, just makes my E-penis bigger

Maybe poxpower should add that to his formula.

Anyway, I don't like Dobio for default. No contest is better than him getting 50 times more votes than anyone else, even though he hasn't really got many votes at all.

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:03:36

It's funny how many of the multiple-time nominees are on my list of volunteer attention whores.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:10:10

First, I'd like to thank those who nominated me for any categories. I really appreciate all your nominations and I'm amazed that I've been given several nominations for Best Poster. I have to admit, I didn't think anyone would vote me for Best Poster, but I guess I was being too modest. Meh, I'd rather be modest than going "OMG, THEY'LL VOTE ME FOR BEST POSTER OF 2008!" everywhere.

I'm very happy with my nominations. I knew who I was going to nominate for half of the categories before the awards begun, but there were some that were really hard to choose, most especially Most Underrated and Best Poster. I hate to leave out some people for certain categories, but it was a really hard decision here.

Also, in reply to Coop's post in the Nominations thread:

At 12/6/08 11:17 AM, Coop83 wrote: I will not bow to the mods though (for once) and instead will plum for:

Bahamut for his constant presence in the stat threads of the Wi/Ht and his finger on the pulse of what's going on, combined with the fearlessness to speak his mind. At least three times, he's exploded this year, which have really not only brought a smile to my face, but have diffused the situations.

Ah yes, I believe those three times you're talking about are when I told off Joeyag, Dream-of-Duke and tally1989. I usually like to be nice to people, but there was no way in hell I could have been nice to them three at those times. It's a shame since there are times when I aim to be one of the nicest users on Newgrounds. Oh well, at least I'm a nice most of the time.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:14:59

Fuck yes!

Most underrated from anarchist665 and rookie of the year from Elios!

I feel loved.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:16:01

At 12/6/08 04:02 PM, Cally wrote: I think having the spammer and worst poster awards are going to just encourage people to spam the place up to be honest with you. Bad behaviour shouldn't be rewarded with awards. People will make even more unnecessary posts than they do already and just clog the system up.

Biggest spammer and Worst Poster are bittersweet "awards." Those people who get them usually don't intend on doing so. Somewhere in their backwards mind they thought their posting habits weren't bad, they were just being "funny" or living up to the "typical internet standard," and that's why they posted like they did. Winning either of those awards should therefor serve as a wake-up call to stop posting like a turd, if that person has even a shred of common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:19:44

I've already thanked a few people, though I just want to thank everyone else who has voted for me in Rookie Of The Year, I'm aware that I'll never win, though it's great to see that my posts are being recognised by others. Thank you all again.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:24:34

At 12/6/08 06:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: Ah yes, I believe those three times you're talking about are when I told off Joeyag, Dream-of-Duke and tally1989.

I found these rather entertaining.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:24:55

*cries* I wuznt nominated 4 nething :(

Lol I just noticed nominated has nom

nom nom

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:30:02

Just made my nominations.

No nominations for me yet. Not really expecting to get much. I haven't been on much this year, plus not a lot of people know me anyway, so y'know. I've only had one nomination out of the past two years =[

hi

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:34:41

At 12/5/08 10:39 PM, life wrote:
Most Improved: alicetheDroog

Psh' I was always been top grade material.

Ok, maybe not.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:37:29

Just thought that I'd make a quick post here to thank the few guys who nominated me in the Rookie of the Year category, I do appreciate it quite a lot. However, given MoriChax and Twilight95's vehement popularity, it may not mean much, but you never know ;)

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:39:28

My good friend Argentin has had his post in the nominees thread deleted, I'm not sure why though.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 18:56:17

Thanks to everyone who's nominated me thus far for whatever category, especially the one vote for worst mod.

I really don't think I'll win anything this year, especially as most of my nominations at the moment seem to be in the category of best mod, which, to be honest, I can't see myself winning; there are a lot of excellent mods on the team, and I've only personally been a mod since September.

Nevertheless, I appreciate people recognising me and paying me the compliment of actually nominating me as well, even though it is only a silly internet forum awards thing. <3

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 19:12:37

CTRL F Oxymaniac

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 19:14:30

I'm just curious - is there a way to vote in the BBS awards without ostracizing someone?

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 19:23:04

Yo guys, shadowwest wanted me (im his friend, not a 2nd acount) to post ere, giving the two ppl thanks 4 voting 4 him as drama queen in these awards.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 19:49:25

At 12/6/08 07:42 PM, Britkid wrote:
At 12/6/08 07:14 PM, Timmy wrote: I'm just curious - is there a way to vote in the BBS awards without ostracizing someone?
Oh come on, what are you a man or a mouse? That's the best part! Let's face it, someone you nominate for worst poster is unlikely to be someone you want to impress. As for the Worst Mod category, it shows you've got a bit of backbone if you've got an unconvential opinion which you can back up. I personally love confrontation, making these awards a perfect chance to pop some overinflated egos (and boy, there are a lot of them). When I called KemCab overrated in the 2006, he loathed me for the rest of his time here.

It's not the 'Worst' categories that are the problem - but there are about 10-15 users that I know who are deserving of the Best Poster/Funniest Poster/Most Underrated/etc, yet I could only select one of them for each. No matter what I do, a number of users whom I respect as decent posters will not get my vote.

Seems sorta lame, is all I'm saying.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 19:57:10

At 12/6/08 07:48 PM, Vrejvax wrote: also, your sig is great

I'm not sure whether or not I understand it...

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 20:08:57

Speaking of KemCab, what happened to him? The last time I remember him posting was during the DragonsGrief crap. Did he get permabanned or something?

hi

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 20:19:09

At 12/6/08 08:08 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: Speaking of KemCab, what happened to him? The last time I remember him posting was during the DragonsGrief crap. Did he get permabanned or something?

He has been locked out of his account since the end of March.

He has one alt I know of that has been inactive since mid-September.

He'll probably be back at some point.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 20:21:27

some fag is making threads about himself to promote himself for biggest attention whore.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 20:29:13

Just to fellate my e-go, I peeked through 2 1/2 pages to see who picked me. Seeing nothing, I guess I should be thankful no one worships me/hates my guts.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 21:06:38

At 12/6/08 09:05 PM, Michael wrote: LOL i don't post for like 4 months and people vote me on negative shit

you guys are so fucking retarded XD

Plus they're voting for an alt. :D

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 21:40:14

At 12/6/08 08:11 PM, Mendou wrote: Also why does this gain 10 pages in a matter of like a day and a half? Slightly stupid.

It's being run by a moderator, and/or this is seen as the official awards of the year. But don't you love all the drama? I know I do. I eat it up like it was a filet mignon.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 22:37:35

Wait, already?

But I haven't put my make up on yet!

aslkufhsafha;sfhasliufhaslfhlafahfsalfus ahfsaiufhsa

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 22:47:29

At 12/6/08 09:43 PM, sketch0587 wrote:
At 12/6/08 09:06 PM, ArykSB wrote:
At 12/6/08 09:05 PM, Michael wrote: LOL i don't post for like 4 months and people vote me on negative shit

you guys are so fucking retarded XD
Plus they're voting for an alt. :D
Nah they're voting for BS, but still it's retarded, i could come back and be a gangster but who gives a fuck yakno?

No one from 04 is here anyways so why act like these children matter?

04 representin dawg

(I'm sorry)
(I'm Sorry)

It's like I missed a shot,
It's like I dropped the ball.
(Damn I'm Sorry)
It's like I'm on stage,
and I forgot the words.
(Damn, I'm sorry)
It's like building a new house,
with no roof and no doors.
(Damn, I'm sorry)
It's like trying to propose,
and I ain't got the ring.
(Oooh damn I'm sorry)

But girl I've apologized
a million times before.
(I'll apologize a million more)
So here it comes again
for all the wrong I've done.
(so get ready babe)
Here's One million one.

[Chorus]
Girl this is my sorry for, 2004.
And I aint gonna mess up no more, this year.
I'm 'a take this one chance,
and make it real clear.
I'm sorry for May
and I'm sorry for June (for real)
and I'm sorry for July (i am)
in case I dont tell you.
August, September, October, November 'till your December.
I'm Sorry.
(I'm sorry 2004)

Its like stayin' out at night,
had way too much to drink.
(Damn, I'm sorry)
It's like you change your hair,
and I dont say a thing.
(Damn I'm sorry)
It's like we're fallin' fast asleep,
with no kiss, and before we hit.
(yeah I'm sorry)
And It's like I forgot your gift,
on 02 14 03.
(Damn! So sorry!)

But girl I've apologized
a million times before.
(I'll apologize a million more)
So here it comes again
for all the wrong I've done.
(so get ready babe)
Here's One million one.

[Chorus]
(I'm 'a take my time)
and make it real clear.
I'm sorry for May
in case I dont tell you.
I'm Sorry.
(I'm sorry 2004)

[Hook]
I'm sorry for the way that I did you
I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart for how I hurt you girl
I'm sorry on the weekends, sorry on the weekdays
sorry for the things I did, Sorry for the things i said
sorry for the lies
sorry for the time
That I didn't get you what you want,
That I didn't get you what you like.
What can I do to tell you that I'm sorry babe.
(sorry, sorry)

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhh! [echo]
Wooooooooh!
All them strip clubs,
all them hot tubs.
I'm gone give them up,
'cause I dont want to lose your love

[Chorus]
and make it real clear.
I'm sorry for May
in case I dont tell you.
I'm Sorry.
(I'm sorry 2004)

[Starts Fading]
Sorry 2004
Sorry 2004

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-06 23:17:13

It's really sad when only 34 people have ever made more posts than you but no one knows who you are.
I sometimes think I should actually try bring funny and original.
Seems like so much effort though.
I really don't want to fail as often as poxpower.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature