00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tang-tations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

48,687 Views | 996 Replies

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:04:42

At 12/8/08 02:03 PM, nymphoid wrote: as much as i've been called a camwhore/attention whore, i'm disappointed that i'm lacking nominations in that category :<

Nobody really knows who you are. That's the problem. These awards are for all year 'round, and you haven't even been here a full year. Maybe next year!

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:12:27

While I appreciate the votes for Best Moderator, I'm not a BBS mod.

Just throwing that out there.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:19:47

At 12/8/08 02:01 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Yeah, if my surgery goes well enough I can make out a voting form offsite to make the counting go quicker. Let me know how you feel about it after you've counted the intial stuff. I know you've got the will to go through it all. Crazy, finding every topic you've created by hand.

Offsite voting is just begging for abuse though. Tradition demands that it is done by hand. We'll see though.

Good luck on the operation :O.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:23:31

At 12/7/08 03:41 PM, MissingNYC wrote: who the fuck actually misses that fucking prick BBR? i sure as hell dont

It's not the same without him.

I remember the old days, when the mods were even bigger hardasses, in my opinion. They would ban you, and you wouldn't complain like so many people do now. In the old days, you'd TAKE the ban, and promptly reply with "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER".

THIS PLACE USED TO HAVE VALUES

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:27:56

At 12/8/08 02:04 PM, RoobyKillAll wrote:
At 12/8/08 02:03 PM, nymphoid wrote: as much as i've been called a camwhore/attention whore, i'm disappointed that i'm lacking nominations in that category :<
Nobody really knows who you are. That's the problem. These awards are for all year 'round, and you haven't even been here a full year. Maybe next year!

true facts right there, but i've gone pretty hard since last month
oh well :\

"when i'm good, i'm good...but when i'm bad, i'm better."

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:38:06

I'm not going to read through the whole thread because I'm a lazy cunt and I doubt anyone said anything interesting anyway, but I think there should be awards in the individual forums as well. Let's face it: everyone here is just voting for people they know from general. Mori-Chex is -definitely- not the best artist on the entire BBS, but most of the people here don't care because not everyone lurks around the Art forum. I just think it'd be nifty if someone would take the initiative to make threads in Flash and Art so that people could get more recognition in their respective forums.

"Whoever said 'winners never quit' obviously never considered addicts." - Hoeloe

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:40:39

Ah, this time of year again

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:46:23

At 12/8/08 02:38 PM, uyersuyer wrote: I'm not going to read through the whole thread because I'm a lazy cunt and I doubt anyone said anything interesting anyway, but I think there should be awards in the individual forums as well. Let's face it: everyone here is just voting for people they know from general. Mori-Chex is -definitely- not the best artist on the entire BBS

What the fuck, who nominated her? I mean, come on. Zekey and Pox are definitely better.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:48:50

At 12/8/08 02:12 PM, Rig wrote: While I appreciate the votes for Best Moderator, I'm not a BBS mod.
Just throwing that out there.

I was about to mention that. If it carries on like this you might get in the top five.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:56:03

At 12/8/08 02:46 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: What the fuck, who nominated her?

Quite a few people, which really surprised me.

"Whoever said 'winners never quit' obviously never considered addicts." - Hoeloe

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 14:56:05

At 12/8/08 02:27 PM, gumOnShoe wrote:
At 12/8/08 02:19 PM, Zerok wrote: Offsite voting is just begging for abuse though.
Example of what I meant: http://webpub/student/K/kirklib/state/St ateOfTheUnion.php

Also, I determinded that the "results" need to be colored red or something that way the users grab all of the correct code, but the test thread worked out fine: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9961 65/1

Oh okay, so... it doesn't really grab anything from NG, just makes the process radio-button friendly and gives you some nice output to C-P into the thread? You'd have to get EVERYONE to do it though, so you could properly gather all the data. Old habits die hard: we'd be manually entering votes for people who just didn't listen to the instruction at the top of the thread. Does the webpage itself save the input, or do you have to go back into the thread and scoop up everyone's copy pastes? If its the former, you'd have to check every post against input to assure that some jackass didn't vote 50 times, and if it's the latter it's still a bitch of a job to scoop up all the replies (although I imagine you'd have a script for it).

It'd be cool to set up the entire thing externally, but make an NG "registration" type thread on the BBS. People who want to vote post and you manually set up an account for them, or they sign up for themselves and post some sort of confirmation code into the thread... the main concern is designing it so that the little shits who are determined to "beat the system (for the sake of beating the system)" ... can't.

If such a design could be nailed down we'd be able to keep all votes and nominations anonymous. The discussion thread would suffer, and I wonder if the bias-entertainment tradeoff would be worth it. Half the fun is ctrl+f-ing like mad, right?

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 15:00:23

At 12/8/08 02:56 PM, uyersuyer wrote:
At 12/8/08 02:46 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: What the fuck, who nominated her?
Quite a few people, which really surprised me.

That's just bullshit. Doesn't anyone here on general ever look at the Art forum? Even one look? There are a huge number of talented artists on the forums, but General doesn't give many opportunities to show off.

Someone needs to get the Art forum regs in here so they can get some more people nominated who are more deserving.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 15:04:26

At 12/8/08 03:00 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: Someone needs to get the Art forum regs in here so they can get some more people nominated who are more deserving.

It'd be more accurate and shit to organize a separate Year-End Art Forum Awards.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 15:10:16

At 12/8/08 03:04 PM, Zerok wrote:
It'd be more accurate and shit to organize a separate Year-End Art Forum Awards.

Even though I am a General whore, I have to admit that the BBS awards are not just about General users. Sure, it is the most popular forum by a long shot, but it doesn't mean it's any better for users. I think it should be encouraged more for users to not stick to General regulars, and then it gives them a chance to see what they could be missing by not going pass General.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 15:15:34

At 12/8/08 03:10 PM, Gagsy wrote: Even though I am a General whore, I have to admit that the BBS awards are not just about General users. Sure, it is the most popular forum by a long shot, but it doesn't mean it's any better for users. I think it should be encouraged more for users to not stick to General regulars, and then it gives them a chance to see what they could be missing by not going pass General.

Yeah but that would require the majority of people to a) read the suggestion and b) put effort into actually doing it. We encourage people to try and think of the whole year, but everyone knows it's really only going to reflect the past few months. I don't even suggest, I blatantly ask everyone to fill out every category but you still have people who don't... and I fully expect that.

To do what you're suggesting would require an upheaval of the NG BBS psyche, quite frankly. Until then, if folks want a fair representation of the multiple forums they're gonna have to create separate Award thingies.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 15:17:34

I totally forgot to be a whore in the months leading up to this. Doesn't look like I'll top my score of four votes from last year.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 16:08:14

At 12/8/08 03:10 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 12/8/08 03:04 PM, Zerok wrote:
Even though I am a General whore, I have to admit that the BBS awards are not just about General users. Sure, it is the most popular forum by a long shot, but it doesn't mean it's any better for users. I think it should be encouraged more for users to not stick to General regulars, and then it gives them a chance to see what they could be missing by not going pass General.

well, other forums have their own semi-anual awards. Politics and programming are 2 forums that hold somewhat unofficial awards of their own at the end of the year.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 16:50:33

At 12/8/08 04:37 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: IF I have time, I'll pull together what I have a little better, but I have a Thesis and writing portfolio calling my name so I'm going to get back to work on that.

Sure. If we can have a non-committal agreement: you do it if you have time and really want to, and I'll use it if I like it. The unofficial deadline would be the 19th. We'll have a little MSN or AIM powwow to test it out I guess, if you make it. No worries either way.

I just finished my thesis proposal a week or so ago, and am halfway through the actual thing. GOOD TIMES.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 16:53:38

Man, fuck all of you.

Worst poster? Me?

Attention Whore maybe, but there is alot of worse posters than some pissed off kid from MN. I was kinda flattered you guys remembered me.

<3

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 17:15:46

At 12/8/08 02:56 PM, Zerok wrote: Half the fun is ctrl+f-ing like mad, right?

i don't know why i thought i was the only one doing that, but i feel like less of a little creeper now

At 12/8/08 04:53 PM, SockMyDink wrote: Attention Whore maybe

hey, you.
NO. BAD.
i have enough competition already. OUT.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 17:23:24

At 12/8/08 05:15 PM, nymphoid wrote:
At 12/8/08 04:53 PM, SockMyDink wrote: Attention Whore maybe
hey, you.
NO. BAD.
i have enough competition already. OUT.

I'm afraid you're out of your league, toots.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 17:49:54

At 12/8/08 05:23 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: I'm afraid you're out of your league, toots.

you must not have been paying attention these last few weeks.
:]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:02:24

At 12/8/08 05:49 PM, nymphoid wrote:
At 12/8/08 05:23 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: I'm afraid you're out of your league, toots.
you must not have been paying attention these last few weeks.
]

The drama happened before you were here, I believe.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:06:54

At 12/8/08 06:02 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: The drama happened before you were here, I believe.

Sorry nymphoid, he's right. There are much larger attention whores around this year.

Though if you work really hard at annoying people in the future, perhaps next year it will be yours.

dunno why anyone would to be known as an attention whore, but whatever...

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:10:04

At 12/8/08 06:08 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: How quickly you all forget DragonsGrief

I thought that was last year.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:10:29

At 12/8/08 06:08 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: How quickly you all want to forget DragonsGrief

Fixedness.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:18:04

At 12/8/08 06:12 PM, shadowchaotailsevil3 wrote: IT was quite possibly the most shitty and most assholed user I had seen since I came here in 2005.

Whoah. You refused to use a personal pronoun.

DAMN.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:21:47

So guys, hows my Attention Whore of the Year coming along?

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 18:26:55

At 12/8/08 06:24 PM, shadowchaotailsevil3 wrote: I had no damn idea I was damn whore either.

You made, like, 6 threads about how you like dressing as a girl and how fun it is.

You're like DragonsGrief, but without the self-respect.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 23:45:39

At 12/7/08 03:41 PM, MissingNYC wrote: who the fuck actually misses that fucking prick BBR? i sure as hell dont

he made a bunch of witty and sarcastic post
the mods dont do that anymore