00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Inkolipso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

92,327 Views | 822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 11:12:48

bah, it looks like they're not gonna restock any wzls for a while, so I looks like I'm outta luck on this project which is really too bad, because I've been wanting to take part in one of luis's projects sense I saw sketchbook 06 on the frontpage those year ago.
Damn, I wish there was some way of bending the rules abit and allowing people to send in one or two after the deadline, because we get loads of time off in December and no doubt that MPL will restock for the holidays...
well looks like (again) I'm missing out on something that I've been wanting to do, not to mention that I had all my parts and bought all that epoxy putty and paint for nothing

sorry for being a martyr - just had to say it I guess, eh?
all well, there's always sketchbook 08, right?

I probably wont get exepted, just like every god damn collab and project on newgrounds

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 11:26:41

LOL!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 12:11:49

At 11/17/07 11:12 AM, HahaBears wrote: bah, it looks like they're not gonna restock any wzls for a while, so I looks like I'm outta luck...

This place says it has them in stock:
http://www.strangekiss.com/IWZL-DIY-p-16 588.html
Rarity: Super Duper Rare

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 12:18:47

anyone know a quick and simple way to take acrylic paint off?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 12:25:41

At 11/17/07 12:18 PM, SpencerMann wrote: anyone know a quick and simple way to take acrylic paint off?

use your nails when the paint is dry.
if the layer of paint is too thin, you'll have to use acetone or nail polish remover.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 13:12:56

i tried both of those. i think ill have to pick up paint thinner tonight

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 16:27:14

Wipee!!! I Just Got My WZL's In The Mail Today :D

They're Smaller Than I Expected

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 16:29:50

At 11/17/07 12:11 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/17/07 11:12 AM, HahaBears wrote: bah, it looks like they're not gonna restock any wzls for a while, so I looks like I'm outta luck...

$9 dollars? are you kidding? honestly snot worth it, I'd rather be an emo then pay that much for something I have to give away and I'm already ordering stuff from mpl, so I would've saved money by buying them all at once. I honestly have the worst luck

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 17:42:35

I'm off to the shops after lunch today, I'm going to buy him some glaze, some beard fluff stuff, a miniature shotgun or army knife, and make a top hat outta cardboard. Possible some clay to make it 3D. Might make his jacket outta card.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 18:11:13

Out of curiosity could we add some more details than the picture we won the freebie with?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 18:15:49

At 11/17/07 04:29 PM, HahaBears wrote:
At 11/17/07 12:11 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
$9 dollars? are you kidding? honestly snot worth it, I'd rather be an emo then pay that much for something I have to give away and I'm already ordering stuff from mpl, so I would've saved money by buying them all at once. I honestly have the worst luck

Nine dollars is about 4 and a half pounds (English). If you consider that is the price of what.. two pints, then is it really so much..? I work in a shop, and tonight some bloke came in and spent 4 quid on stickers for his kid, so 4.50 for something that you apparently care about so much isn't really that big a deal is it..?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 19:36:54

At 11/17/07 11:12 AM, HahaBears wrote: bah, it looks like they're not gonna restock any wzls for a while, so I looks like I'm outta luck on this project which is really too bad, because I've been wanting to take part in one of luis's projects sense I saw sketchbook 06 on the frontpage those year ago.
Damn, I wish there was some way of bending the rules abit and allowing people to send in one or two after the deadline, because we get loads of time off in December and no doubt that MPL will restock for the holidays...

Well the actual judging i think I will change it up so that i take em up to the office and will have everyone at the office vote on em. People who chose to keep theres would still be eligible of course but i think that its alot more exciting to see it in the real. Anyway the timeline for that is mid december... i simply am drawing this project to a close at the end of the month because i want people especially overseas to begin thinking about sending em back around that time. If you are in the states you could hypothetically sneak it in when i head over to the office.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 19:38:31

At 11/17/07 06:11 PM, NewFounder wrote: Out of curiosity could we add some more details than the picture we won the freebie with?

You can do whatever.. its pretty lax.. the concept was just some insentive to get people into it and to win one of the free ones.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 19:40:10

At 11/17/07 04:29 PM, HahaBears wrote: I honestly have the worst luck

If you REAAAALLY want to be part of the project i could sell you one of my personal wzl's .. i dont plan on working on another that soon..

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 19:45:41

Anyway today i bought a block of styrofoam.. i plan on making a little base for mine.. i wont have it fixed to it for the sake of transporting it but when it gets to the office ill just have him on there... once i paint that block.. i did get that ! sign done

I'm going to dip a toothbrush in some paint and spatter some red on him eventually .. hes too unbloody...

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 19:50:14

looks really great luis. cant wait to see it covered in blood.

Evil spelled backwards is Live and we all want to do that now don't we.

Deny the big lie, don't beLIEve and don't conform.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 21:40:48

Luis. Even if we didn't get this thing sent to us and we just bought it, where do we mail it if we want it to be judged in real life?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-17 22:02:12

At 11/17/07 09:40 PM, danomano65 wrote: Luis. Even if we didn't get this thing sent to us and we just bought it, where do we mail it if we want it to be judged in real life?

ill let you all know when im collecting them. dont worry about it for now.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 01:07:46

I've been looking around this thread, and all of them look great! It's nice to see NG get more into the designer toy scene. When painting DIY toys like these, DO NOT USE OIL-BASED PAINTS! The figure is made out of vinyl, and it chemicals inside oil-based paints will ruin the paint job and figure. For line work, I'd suggest using Sharpie Poster Paints.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 02:53:57

cant wait to see it all bloody.
are you going to add a mask?

Damnt,if you dont know it then GOOGLE IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 02:56:02

damn. this thread grew fast.

anyway, i really can't wait to see the Kamikaze klown splattered with blood.

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 02:58:31

At 11/18/07 02:56 AM, hijackreaper wrote: Kamikaze klown

what the fuck does Kamikaze mean?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 04:42:02

At 11/18/07 02:58 AM, sk8erkid95 wrote: what the fuck does Kamikaze mean?

Kamakazi means suicide attacks. It's a Japanese work. During World War II the Japanese would fly their plans directly into US boats to try to sink them. Usually they planes were lined with explosives. It's a sure-fire way to hit your target...but you'll die :-/.

Do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?

/crunkt

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 05:18:14

i know i wouldnt were a helmet and id probly go on a raping spree befor i go

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 15:46:40

It says not to use oil based paint but what if we did use oil based paint and then went over it with gloss?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 21:29:51

My Entry, idk if i should change the white face

Ng Diy Munny Competition

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@!@

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-18 22:21:08

Wow, these are really nice, I'm really looking forward to MiddleFinger's though. Does anybody know or think if a fine point sharpie or a regular sharpie would work on these? I'm thinking of ordering one for myself..

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-19 00:42:36

At 11/18/07 10:21 PM, Winned wrote: Wow, these are really nice, I'm really looking forward to MiddleFinger's though. Does anybody know or think if a fine point sharpie or a regular sharpie would work on these? I'm thinking of ordering one for myself..

regular sharpie works fine, the key is sticking to that same brand if it dies on you... tthe color black comes in very different shades and pigmentations across brands.. id get 2 or 3 sharpies so if one dies youre still working with the same hue of black.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-19 00:47:46

At 11/19/07 12:42 AM, Luis wrote:
At 11/18/07 10:21 PM, Winned wrote: Wow, these are really nice, I'm really looking forward to MiddleFinger's though. Does anybody know or think if a fine point sharpie or a regular sharpie would work on these? I'm thinking of ordering one for myself..
regular sharpie works fine, the key is sticking to that same brand if it dies on you... tthe color black comes in very different shades and pigmentations across brands.. id get 2 or 3 sharpies so if one dies youre still working with the same hue of black.

I didn't like the look that a black sharpie gave me. I tried it on a small area and I got that shiny, dark purple-y look from it. Instead I used a black stylus sort of pen.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-19 00:58:34

At 11/19/07 12:47 AM, mynamewontfitin wrote: I didn't like the look that a black sharpie gave me. I tried it on a small area and I got that shiny, dark purple-y look from it. Instead I used a black stylus sort of pen.

i did notice sharpie and those fat zebra permanent black markers have a more purpley black you are right.

None

BBS Signature