00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

92,038 Views | 822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 14:55:47

At 11/13/07 12:32 AM, Senti wrote: I also LOVE the Blockhead paintings. I'll admit I hated blockhead to begin with. I thought it was a cop out of real art and fancy drawings and you just wanted to make a quick little story teller. I've been a huge fan of it lately and you really seem to know what you are doing. Sorry I mistook you for something you are not. The paintings are very nice and it's 100% stronger seeing three of them together. Are you planning on selling them or keeping the, for yourself. Also, the comment about copy/paste should be taken as a huge compliment... they look exact enough to be copies! Nice man.

It was an awesome lesson in painting, trying to get three canvases to turn out exactly the same :D No matter what the painting is, I recommend it to anyone to try.

I'm gonna give these suckers away as gifts. One is for my parents (aww), one is for Tom to hang in the office somewhere, hopefully someplace to make Jeff/Stamper as nervous as possible at all times. The last is for the winner of a contest on my site. I haven't painted in 7 years since I went to school for it, so this was the definition of a crazy experiment. I'm a little sad to see them go though. I feel like I'm separating three brothers.

SORRY FOR HIJACKING THE TOPIC LUIS - But with all these acrylic projects, I'm really psyched to get to do some more painting in the future. Start planning the next art competition if you haven't already!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 14:58:55

Here's is a current visual. I added shoulder pieces and the painted the back. Awesome.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 15:06:38

At 11/13/07 02:58 PM, danomano65 wrote: Here's is a current visual. I added shoulder pieces and the painted the back. Awesome.

thats very nice man

: devArt :

The Emperor Protects.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 15:29:51

god fucking damn it I'm jelous of all of you at the moment, as I haven't even ordered any yet :C and I've got so many ideas too (hint hint: old 40k tau pieces and grass-flock)

I wish I had more time in my day (or that my bank didn't have such strict hours) or I woulda already made my paypal and had them in transit by now
you can't see me, but I'm making a really unhappy face behind this moniter right now

ANYWAYS, I despartely want to be a part of this project, but I doubt I'll make it to the finish...

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 16:52:36

At 11/13/07 03:29 PM, HahaBears wrote: god fucking damn it I'm jelous of all of you at the moment, as I haven't even ordered any yet :C and I've got so many ideas too (hint hint: old 40k tau pieces and grass-flock)

I wish I had more time in my day (or that my bank didn't have such strict hours) or I woulda already made my paypal and had them in transit by now
you can't see me, but I'm making a really unhappy face behind this moniter right now

ANYWAYS, I despartely want to be a part of this project, but I doubt I'll make it to the finish...

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD

If you really want one that bad, theres no sweat in creating a PayPal account. You could just set off a couple of minutes of your time to set it up. Also you dont need to worry about your bank at all. If your bank account is properly functioning as it should, just connect your bank card to your PayPal and youre ready to go! Bank accounts are usually open 24/7 and you can use it whenever you want. Ive never heard of bank accounts closing just because the local bank is calling a day xP

But if youre lacking time to do a WZL, then i fully understand...

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 17:31:34

dried this morning (but some parts of it where still a little....meh) and i just sanded mostly everything, so its pretty smooth now. im probably going to do some more sculpting before i paint on it.

what can i do to it, after i painting, to make it shine? wax?

Ng Diy Munny Competition

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 19:00:16

Oh my GOD I love all of them, they all ROCK!! Well any way I have a little list again of my faves again!
Punxx- OMG loved the detail and the character I can't believe you don't like it!!
Swain- OMG You're amazing at lil characters too!!!
Krinkels- Guess what Krinkels is doing for his Munny!?! lol I LOVE IT!!
Luis- Oh. My. God. lol I love it man great job!
DanoMano65- Wow I love it so much!! GO MASTER CHIEF!!
Remyzero- Woah amazing job dude keep 'em comin
Hammi- Wow great job!!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-13 21:44:02

At 11/13/07 05:31 PM, Dookiemaister wrote: dried this morning (but some parts of it where still a little....meh) and i just sanded mostly everything, so its pretty smooth now. im probably going to do some more sculpting before i paint on it.

Probably some spray clear gloss stuff would do nicely.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 09:10:26

K, i got my 3 munnys yesserday, a series three gid, series 2 xmas, and keychain (lol, 3 cm or so tall but im still painting it)

Good practice til my European WZL comes in, seeing as every american store i looked for was sold outof wzl.

Anyway, im making my gid with a knife a tribal warrior.

I was EXACTLY the 4,500th person to view this epic thread! woot!

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 09:57:45

At 11/13/07 05:31 PM, Dookiemaister wrote: dried this morning (but some parts of it where still a little....meh) and i just sanded mostly everything, so its pretty smooth now. im probably going to do some more sculpting before i paint on it.

Maybe polyurethane when your all done, or a gloss fixatif. But you need to spray it with SOMETHING like those when your done or the paint will scrape off the vinyl. Maybe spray the alien with GID spray before u start painting, then itll be a Glowy Alien. :P

@ Luis: Acrylics on VERY small vinyl do not scrape off with finger nails. I tried painting the keychain and i failed, so im just gonna spray paint it.

@Danomano: OMFG

@Swain: The fact that you resisted making him block head is an achievement itself. good job.

@Everyone: Good job!

Oh yeah, that tiki dude is sweet.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 11:20:26

At 11/14/07 09:57 AM, CanofSprite wrote: @ Luis: Acrylics on VERY small vinyl do not scrape off with finger nails. I tried painting the keychain and i failed, so im just gonna spray paint it.

Good to know. thanks. also i've noticed that it makes painting these much easier if you spray the whole thing with white primer. I should have figured that but it really does make life easier.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 11:46:36

UGH I'm totally ready to start D:
(the one on the right, the viking guy) Can anyone suggest anything for it? Also tools for scupting (ill be using epoxy putty) or clay if i can scrounge the money

the prints are just there because I'm too lazy to take them outta my scanner

Ng Diy Munny Competition

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 16:59:00

At 11/14/07 11:20 AM, Luis wrote:
At 11/14/07 09:57 AM, CanofSprite wrote: @ Luis: Acrylics on VERY small vinyl do not scrape off with finger nails. I tried painting the keychain and i failed, so im just gonna spray paint it.
Good to know. thanks. also i've noticed that it makes painting these much easier if you spray the whole thing with white primer. I should have figured that but it really does make life easier.

Yeah I painted mine with a coat of acrylic gesso. It seems to be working pretty well.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 19:35:40

At 11/14/07 11:20 AM, Luis wrote:

K, ill do that before i start my Wzl. I've decided to choose between d0g and Freeman.
JEEBUS, HOW LONG DOES EUROPEAN-TO AMERICA TAKE?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 19:37:54

update: paypal = made
now all I have to do is sit around and troll untill some WZLs become in stock, but I'm happy I'll be ordering two fatcap bb's with 'em

also breaking news: I'm this threads whore

FAAAAAAAANTASTIC

TO NEWSGROUNDS, ANEWSAAAAYY!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 20:00:57

K, ill do that before i start my Wzl. I've decided to choose between d0g and Freeman.
JEEBUS, HOW LONG DOES EUROPEAN-TO AMERICA TAKE?

do Freeman. Dog has too many spaces in the arms and stuff. You could definately make a metal sculpture to go along with the munny tho haha.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 20:08:16

At 11/13/07 02:58 PM, danomano65 wrote: Here's is a current visual. I added shoulder pieces and the painted the back. Awesome.

This is the most epic munny. EVER.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 21:17:26

MINE!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 21:36:18

At 11/14/07 09:17 PM, As-Soul wrote: MINE!

but isn't that the bigger kind. so it doesn't count? nice crack teeth btw. hahaha

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 21:46:15

At 11/14/07 09:17 PM, As-Soul wrote: MINE!

shit...i got scared that that was the actual WZL.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 21:57:36

hey Luis, were they mailed yet?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-14 23:13:28

My progress...
First shot is the wizzle with clay built on to it and shaped
Second shot is with a coat of gesso and sanded
Bottom shots are where it's at now. Painted with acrylic. Still gotta do marker outlines and some other stuff.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 06:30:13

well, i got my munny a few days ago and i've had a blast!
i should have shown some progressive shots but i didnt really know where i was going with it anyways. originally i was going to give him a trench coat but i ran out of putty, so i made it a leather jacket.

i puttied him some eyebrows, cuffs, ears, and ended up making him some sort of Mexican bounty hunter or something, lol!

the photo's are taken with him in and around my dad's model train setup. thought it would be more interesting then just on a desk or something, lol.

tell me what you think :)

Ng Diy Munny Competition

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 06:31:22

sorry for the double post, but i took a lot of cool photos so i thought i'd share a couple more :D

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 06:54:24

At 11/15/07 06:31 AM, JAZZA wrote: sorry for the double post, but i took a lot of cool photos so i thought i'd share a couple more :D

What's up with the background? Did you actually go out to some crazy location to photo him, is it a model, or is it shopped?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 06:57:00

like i said, theyre all little areas from my dad's model railroad. thats his hobby :)

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 09:28:09

Nice work everyone, I have mailed out all the extra WZL's I had so if you are in the states you should be getting it sometime this week.. and if you are in europe and beyond you will get it next week...

Keep in mind that this project does wrap up at the end of the month so for people getting theirs just now, you have to not slack off and get started on it right away.

Also please keep in mind that you will have to mail them back so dont do something so delicate that it will become destroyed while in transit.

Either that or send it in a super well packaged container.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 10:20:16

At 11/15/07 06:30 AM, JAZZA wrote: well, i got my munny a few days ago and i've had a blast!
the photo's are taken with him in and around my dad's model train setup. thought it would be more interesting then just on a desk or something, lol.

Looks mint. If you did a couple more, or photoshop it, you could post a shot of 'em holdin up a train ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 13:04:04

lol thats a good idea, he should definetly try that

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-15 13:18:10

Mynamewontfitin's and JAZZA's are fantastic. You guys definitely did a good job making them so much more than your average WZL. Your backgrounds definitely add to the feeling, Jazz...might you share a picture of the whole model train area? I love that stuff.

BBS Signature