00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Talk] Me+art= ... -_-

8,367 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 19:27:32

Warning: this thread is friggin deep, only read if you got a spare life.

Yes im bitchin, if you dont like it then i dont care. If interested, you may stay and listen to what i got to say k? Im not going to submit any other art here without anyone asking for it or whatsoever. I just want to talk and empty out my heart and my thoughts about me and art, which is also why i tagged this thread with [Talk]. I just simply want to discuss my situation and issues with art, so dont flame me without an undeniable reason. You may sorta call this an "art blog" or something. Now, ive been feeling pretty low lately. Ive put some effort here and there on various sketches. All i got is a pencil, an eraser and a bunch of blank papers. I started off the first time making fanarts of an anime i like, then i moved on making other stuffs, some selfportraits, some furry tributes etc, and they eventually ended up being submitted online. When the Art Forum was founded, i started showing off my work lil by lil. When the collabs started rising, i found something to do concerning art and i joined some of them, and i also got in on the NG Sketchbook Tour (mad props to Luis). But then over the weeks, ive been struck with art blocks and other things. Ive been browsing thru BBS instead and looking on others art and giving critiques. Im starting to think now that my art sucks dick...

I thought that if i just continued sketching, i would get better and stand out more like a decent pencil artist. But now after what ive seen here, im outmashed. What the hell was i thinking? Did i really think that i could impress anyone here with my rotten pencil sketches? With dozens of things to do in my life, i got my hands full enough than sitting and doing "art". I made a bunch of sketches for use in collabs here, but who cares? Me? There are so many bright artists out there, but im starting to realize that im not one of them. And when i say bright, i mean true artistic creative artists with lots of power in their handgrips leading their pencils on their canvas/sheets. Can this art thing possibly be my call? I once thought. Im now doubting on my so called "drawing skills". Im not an artist, im a dreamer. Ive done so many mistakes in my sketches. Dont misunderstand, i really appreciate the advices and critiques, but it has almost lost effect on me. No matter how many times i try to correct my art, it still looks like crap. Thats what it is. Because i always do something wrong on my sketches, my art stinks. I actually thought that i was doing great, but now i better put my hands down.

And i was going to participate in the Japanese Vending Machines art contest, so i started drawing, even when i already felt low and was full of doubt. Then i just stopped. No point in continuing, because i better admit it. Im outmatched, compared with the others. Everybody else is ahead me, and im way behind. That convinced me, and 2 days have passed. I cant move on. I cant keep up. I need a reason to continue. I have disappointed myself thinking that i could achieve something by holding on to this shit pencil and this shit eraser. I feel like my "art" is overlooked. What should i do? Whore out the same sketches over and over again? Hell no. My motivation has hit the bottom. Am i hearing a countdown? Does it matter if i stand up again? Or should i just rot down in the basement of Newgrounds? Maybe i should just give it up and put away the pencil, and continue with voting on flash movies and stuff. How could i think that i was worthy as a sketcher? I look at mine comparing with the others and i go like... bleh. Newgrounds got a load of good artists with cool blend style, and mine is definately not a part of this. Ive tried to do my part as good as possible, until i realized that the whole thing ive done is for nothing. How can i call all this shit "art"? Ive almost lost it. Hammi4Real? Yeah right... Im nothing.

Since the rules say that i have to post my artwork for advices and comments, ill do that. Bleh -_- You may comment or whatever, like if anyone would really care. If you decide to ignore this thread, then i clearly understand that. Im sorry if i wasted your fucking life with this if i neccesarily have to make it clear. You may move on and forget that i ever made this thread.

[Talk] Me+art= ... -_-

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 19:41:29

Pfft.

I draw because I love to draw.

Then I discovered the NG BBS (With Art Forum).

It takes years to make a style, improve it, etc.

Don't draw to be better, draw because you LOVE DRAWING.

D:<

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 20:09:23

At 4/22/07 07:41 PM, McJesus wrote: Pfft.

I draw because I love to draw.

Then I discovered the NG BBS (With Art Forum).

It takes years to make a style, improve it, etc.

Don't draw to be better, draw because you LOVE DRAWING.

D:<

exactly, I draw really cartoony and skectchy because I like to draw that way, people might not like it but it doesn't stop me.

just because someone has better skills and programs doen't mean you should give up, you have to work at what you have and improve on it with time.

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 20:27:23

Heh... it sounds like you've only been drawing for fun. Your fav. characters and stuff and things bla bla.

This is all fine and well but it dosen't make you into the type of artist your trying to become.

Do you truly believe the one person is capable of drawing better than another person?

-you both got arms and hands
-you got eyes just like any other person
-and a brain too just like the next guy (hopefully >.>)
-dosent matter if you skinny or fat

where do the similarities end?

Experience

Drawing for fun only takes you so far. You gotta buckle down, study and practice. Learn about human anatomy. Maybe take some art classes (am i'm not talking about the glue and construction paper ones). Ask other people to critique your work till you can start seeing the flaws yourself, and dont get depressed when you see the flaws, it should challenge you to improve yourself.

Learnig other arts help too like sclupture, painting, etc.

It helps you learn shading concepts and other things. Then when you come back to something simple like Anime, you'll find youre really good at it because you apply the concepts from other arts.

you should start by doing just the opposite of what you said and actually post more of your work so others can critique it. Then post a modified version.

This is an art BBS so post art! not chit chat about how depressed you are. That won't make you any better.

just putting in my 2 cents

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 20:48:22

At 4/22/07 07:27 PM, Hammi wrote: sad stuff.

listen hamms, I know how you feel., but look at it this way. who do you do art for?

for others? for approval? or for fun? or the love or the inspiration?

everyone starts out ruff. theres no such thing as talent. Talent (to me) is just a measuring unit.. basicly when somone has alot of talent it means they can grasp a skill faster than others. doesnt mean, you could never catch up to them.. Ive seen plenty of talented people sit on their laurels, while some people with no skill outpace them with pure dedication and practice.

here, let me give you an example.

My first flash cartoon eva...

If I were to post this now, it would be blammed in an hour.
but the reason I never submitted it is because, I never wanted anyones approval , I was learning, and I loved learning flash, and making flash for the sheer joy of it.

listen . everyone sucks. you just gotta ask yourself.. how much you love doing flash or art..

do it for the love, and do it for fun.. the rest comes...

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 21:26:15

At 4/22/07 07:27 PM, Hammi wrote: Im not an artist, im a dreamer.

As long as you have a goal, you're doing fine.

I'm certain you won't find a regular user browsing this forum who isn't impressed by what they see, since that's what makes them come back. Your drawings are defintely good for someone your age.

Mistakes in sketches are fine. You can't be good and improve if you're not self-critical. I can never draw (or write) what I've got going on in my head, and you'll never be able to draw 100% completely what you want, or how you want it.

Collabs are fine, they're there so a lot of people can take part, and give you ideas when you have a block. I'm sure you'll notice that most of the artists have a different style, so you'll alway have something to contribute. Hell, that's why the Art contests are now regular, is to encourage people to take part, and join in with the art forum, not to win the prizes (tho they're an incentive!)

Mainly though, if you look at the drawings you copy, the books and movies and the pics posters start that you instantly like, recognise what you like about it so much and try to use it in pictures of your own to come, you'll be just fine. But never give up.

(and colouring in is half the battle when drawing!)

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 21:28:25

If you enjoy it, do it.
Hell, my art is shit, and I do it anyway.

Over time, you will improve. Sometime's it's a HUGE improvement, or sometimes its tiny and subtle. Or sometimes, it doesn't change at all and you find new ways to do it.

etc etc disney-style uplifting message goes here etc

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-22 21:48:18

hey i totally agree with what these guys are all saying dont put yourself down and thinking like that only makes you feel bad its not worth it what i tend to do when i sit down and draw i just get a pencil and some paper and draw anything that comes to mind and when i get something i like i try to fix it and make it better i dont do it for anyone but myself its not like your drawing stuff for disney or have a deadline in your own personal work all you got to do is have fun while you do it and just let your mind go and draw what you want and stop thinking if ppl will approve with it its your art your emotions and like they all said dont feel down when someone critiques your work and says its dumb you can notice who is being a butthole and who is being true just work at it and if you ever feel like having someone to help you with your art you can always pm me i got lots of experience in drawing and much more so feel free to im me anytime see you soon and take care

My sig won't change!!!

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 06:05:24

At 4/22/07 07:27 PM, Hammi wrote: Warning: this thread is friggin deep, only read if you got a spare life.

Yes im bitchin, if you dont like it then i dont care. If interested, you may stay and listen to what i got to say k? Im not going to submit any other art here without anyone asking for it or whatsoever. I just want to talk and empty out my heart and my thoughts about me and art, which is also why i tagged this thread with [Talk]. I just simply want to discuss my situation and issues with art, so dont flame me without an undeniable reason. You may sorta call this an "art blog" or something. Now, ive been feeling pretty low lately. Ive put some effort here and there on various sketches. All i got is a pencil, an eraser and a bunch of blank papers. I started off the first time making fanarts of an anime i like, then i moved on making other stuffs, some selfportraits, some furry tributes etc, and they eventually ended up being submitted online.

Lots of people start drawing this way, and, well, this seems normal.

When the Art Forum was founded, i started showing off my work lil by lil. When the collabs started rising, i found something to do concerning art and i joined some of them, and i also got in on the NG Sketchbook Tour (mad props to Luis).

I wish I could get in =(. Collabs were cool though, glad I joined in time for them!

But then over the weeks, ive been struck with art blocks and other things. Ive been browsing thru BBS instead and looking on others art and giving critiques.

Yeah, I know how that feels; right now school takes my art time =(

Im starting to think now that my art sucks dick...

It doesn't.

I thought that if i just continued sketching, i would get better and stand out more like a decent pencil artist. But now after what ive seen here, im outmashed.

Heh, no matter how good you are there is always someone better, and if you keep drawing then you will improve; I don't think you can ever hit an infinite plateau.

What the hell was i thinking? Did i really think that i could impress anyone here with my rotten pencil sketches?

Dude, they're fine; I like your style and your art is a million times better than some.

With dozens of things to do in my life, i got my hands full enough than sitting and doing "art". I made a bunch of sketches for use in collabs here, but who cares? Me?

Everyone loves a decent submission to a collab.

There are so many bright artists out there, but im starting to realize that im not one of them.

What, you mean like Razac and Zach and stuff? (and poxpower and mindchamber too, duh).
Think they started out perfect? They may have started out earlier, or been more genetically blessed when it came to learning art; but all of them probably started earlier. It takes time, a long fucking time.

And when i say bright, i mean true artistic creative artists with lots of power in their handgrips leading their pencils on their canvas/sheets.

Well, you're creative. And power comes through practice; draw if you love drawing.

Can this art thing possibly be my call? I once thought. Im now doubting on my so called "drawing skills". Im not an artist, im a dreamer. Ive done so many mistakes in my sketches.

Everyone does, that is what sketches are for. And, yes, your art is your call.

Dont misunderstand, i really appreciate the advices and critiques, but it has almost lost effect on me. No matter how many times i try to correct my art, it still looks like crap. Thats what it is. Because i always do something wrong on my sketches, my art stinks. I actually thought that i was doing great, but now i better put my hands down.

Well, seeing as your art never, as far as I can tell, looks like crap, do you mean it doesn't get better when we point out mistakes? Maybe we aren't finding the right mistakes. Also, no matter how good you make your art you will always find truckloads of shit wrong with it; at least I do.

And i was going to participate in the Japanese Vending Machines art contest, so i started drawing, even when i already felt low and was full of doubt. Then i just stopped. No point in continuing, because i better admit it. Im outmatched, compared with the others.

Yeah, I don't even try entering the contests, and I didn't even really like this one. (great Idea, but I had no inspiration).

Everybody else is ahead me, and im way behind. That convinced me, and 2 days have passed. I cant move on. I cant keep up. I need a reason to continue.

This might be true, the contests are normally very difficult to win, or even just have a decent entry.

I have disappointed myself thinking that i could achieve something by holding on to this shit pencil and this shit eraser. I feel like my "art" is overlooked.

You can achieve something, but not with this attitude. Your "shit" pencil and eraser are your tools, man. You have to love them and love art.

What should i do? Whore out the same sketches over and over again? Hell no.

Good decision!

My motivation has hit the bottom. Am i hearing a countdown?

Make it bounce.___________________and, No you are not.

Does it matter if i stand up again? Or should i just rot down in the basement of Newgrounds?

It matters and you shouldn't rot, that's awful. Newgrounds doesn't even have a basement as far as I know.

Maybe i should just give it up and put away the pencil, and continue with voting on flash movies and stuff.

Well, voting is good, and I stopped voting when I found the art forum. Don't give up sketching though!

How could i think that i was worthy as a sketcher? I look at mine comparing with the others and i go like... bleh.

Well, I was starting to feel a little bit like this when Razac talked to me and said his art was like mine at my age, which made me feel a hell of a lot better, because I was using the wrong fucking scale. There is no scale for art, but when people are in awe of yours you know it will be much harder to get better, because less people will critique, right?

Newgrounds got a load of good artists with cool blend style, and mine is definately not a part of this. Ive tried to do my part as good as possible, until i realized that the whole thing ive done is for nothing. How can i call all this shit "art"? Ive almost lost it. Hammi4Real? Yeah right... Im nothing.

For nothing? Did you like doing the art? Then it is not for nothing. You haven't lost it, and, judging by your picture I found while checking out all of your art in your post; you are more kickass-looking than mindchamber.

Since the rules say that i have to post my artwork for advices and comments, ill do that. Bleh -_- You may comment or whatever, like if anyone would really care. If you decide to ignore this thread, then i clearly understand that. Im sorry if i wasted your fucking life with this if i neccesarily have to make it clear. You may move on and forget that i ever made this thread.

This wasn't a waste of my life, but now I can't finish my project this morning. Just fucking great.

Also, Hammmi, you use good English compared to most NG'ers. That is big bonus points for you!

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 10:18:51

i read 5% of it and understood u cant complete the stuff u started. same happens to me. it sucks.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 11:37:20

Omg... so many replies after a day. Holy Jesus and Muhammad, ive never seen so many grabbing my arms just to get me going. I... my throat felt so funny as i was scrolling down from McJesus post to volit0s post. You guys... lol im gonna try not to get emotional, but holy cow... THANX T.T lol. Thanx for all your replies, i read each and every of them. For each post i read, my confidence and spirit grew. I found MindChambers post really... encouraging. Thats when i dropped my spoon when eating, and he showed me... an enlightening way, just to put it that way. And he showed understanding for my situation. I could almost burst out crying... not literally, only an expression xD Thanks MindChamber. And thank you too Zekey. And McJesus. And Evgeniiextremist, who advised me not to follow the "Wonchop and DA/SA path". And ALBQjew. And Vortex00. And TurkeyOnAStick. And 1sparrow. And PandaMime. And Havayosunu. And volit0. Thank you all! Theres no word in how grateful i am to you. No one, i repeat, no one have ever pulled me up that much during my sketching "career"(only a few). Especially not a bunch of NG members who instead of flaming, but giving a major thrust to my spirit. Instead of mistaking me as emo, you stepped up like a team(one for all, and all for one).

You all have made a bigass impact on me, seriously. You really stand up for fellow artists when theyre down. Youve touched me deeply. Youve put a smile back on my face :) Im fully convinced now. Youre right! I should keep my head up, keep up developing my art. I feel so high and shaky right now lol. Now im starting to believe in myself again. I will bookmark this thread as a reminder for me when people here stood up for me. Ive been reminded of why i started doing art, and why i should continue. I will never forget that! YES! I WILL KEEP UP MY ART! I WILL I WILL I WILL!! THANX A MILLION PEOPLE!! Now, im going back to my Japanese Vending Machines drawing again! ... after doing my homework XD Again, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!^^ I owe you all one :D I love Newgrounds.

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 12:23:08

Common!!! Ignore EVERYTHING when you're drawing! (seriously drawing!)
My vending machine also sucks in comparison to others, but I always try to think:

"One day... I'll be as good as Stamper, JohnnyUtah or Mindchamber!"
(biggest mod-ass licker ever)

At least you dont have the unoriginality of Lock Crew OR the drawing capacity of KK!

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 12:57:59

At 4/23/07 12:23 PM, test-object wrote: Common!!! Ignore EVERYTHING when you're drawing! (seriously drawing!)
My vending machine also sucks in comparison to others, but I always try to think:

"One day... I'll be as good as Stamper, JohnnyUtah or Mindchamber!"
(biggest mod-ass licker ever)

At least you dont have the unoriginality of Lock Crew OR the drawing capacity of KK!

Thanx! I hate it when things arent real if you know what im saying. If you want to do art, it SHOULD be your trademark. The LL and the KK merely do their stuffs for fun... i guess thats their trademark. Unoriginality? I think so too. Thanx for the advice!

I was nearly at the brink of leaving art, until you guys showed up. Im simply overwhelmed over that im gaining that much support. Honestly i never expected that. My eyes are now wide open, with renewed ambitions thanks to you all. I apologize for my bitchin, but there was so much i had to release after holding onto it while trying to improve my art. Like, KA-BOOM, now its all over in the thread. But still you were sticking up for me. My warmest thanx^^

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 20:59:24

Hey, Hammi, I have seen you many times in the art forum. Whether it's from countries collab, doodles and such. But everytime I see one of your sketches, they remind me of myself when I was not a little younger. Sure, I'm 13 and I'm still young, and I don't consider myself as one of the best young artists in Newgrounds, or preferably anywhere. You know why? Because I used to be a crappy artist once, in fact, we all were. You can't just be born with the talent, it takes time to develop.

When I was about eigth or nine years old, I've had the same feeling you experienced. My work was shunned or left out by others whose works are more advanced than mine. But that didn't stop me from giving up and throw away my art. Hell, my friends still say my work sucks now, but I don't listen to them.

So it's like the same when you say other people's works are more superior than yours. But you have to think about it. If you may want to become an artist one day, don't let them get in your way. You just have to practice and practice more. Learn from tutors, get tips from the Internet, or just draw for the hell of it. And before you know it, you'll learn to appreciate your own work and not compare it to the others. Just think of it as an invisible blockade to the path of artistic success.

I hope you're getting what I'm trying to say. Don't let others take control of what you want to do.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 21:13:43

-_-. crap. I just wrote a friggin 3 paragraph reply and my friggin firefox esploded on me. ARRRGHH!!!!!
Okay, enough of that. Yeah so, Sometimes these little things happen (especially in art) where you get into a ruff and feel like you really cannot get out...its kindof like quicksand, and you really should not fight it, rather accept it, embrace it and FO SHO ask newgrounds art forum for help, considering most of the time, we are here to live out the good submitions and the bad submittions. i am left handed. left handed ! noone cares about us lefty kids, and whether or not the whole "leftys can draw "cus they use there right-brains" rumour is true or not we certainly have our problems, most prominent being the whole rubbing-hand-againced-the-stuff-you-just-wrot e-or-drawn-and-smudgging-it and, really it is all about working around it, so that is what you do-work around it (or just at it) and don't treat art like a job, because you cannot, cannot practice drawing, rather practice techniques, patterns and bodily actions, which more then often you stumble onto really cool new stuff like eye patterns and stuff-scribbling and stumbling onto body parts can teach you about flow.
Kinda neat, I learned how to draw anime eyes by randomly dragging my pencil across the page in ways that seemed naturally to me.
Again, not everyone learns the same-some people learn by immitation and some like myself, just if you are going to immatate something, do not trace the whole thing exactly, learn how to tell the "story" of the pictures' image; tackle down the noticeables in the image, but put your own freestyle on the rest of it.

Its also alllll about the fun, so have some-if someone who is equally bored in class or near you on the bus, invite them to a game of drawing of somesort, my favorite is a game where you have to build a city, starting with a DG doodle generator and a couple huts to a spralling megacity, built over a couple of sheets and currently at war with your now ravenous friend, and trust me, if you really get into it, your whole fucking class gets into it and then-congratz! you made a freaking virus! Yay!

So have fun my friend and try and see if you can amaze everyone with your fantastic story of how you discovered to do this or what happened when you did that.

Grood luck :DD
ps: woah, I did a huuuuuuge poop...er...post! :D

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-23 22:43:17

you should have seen what i was like....god ol mighty you never saw such shit...was only until my dad gave me a copy of photshop 6 (i think) that i realised that this was the program all the ppl i admired used to paint their pics...i was so excited i installed it right away and did this picture...(cant believe i still got a copy) at the time i thought it was great..until I then looked at other peoples work...mainly this guys www.organicmetal.co.uk and couldnt understand how they did their art...i had the same tools as they did....but i couldnt use them in the same way....this is when i started to really learn photoshop.....i wanted to know everything i could about the program, see if I could discover their secrets, and sure enough after tons of photoshop tutorials and experiments i started to uncover different methods of painting and drawing.

i think with most of my art its all flash no substance.....meaning if you strip away all the paint and colour and effects, your not left with much...i think my drawing needs to catch up with my colouring.

[Talk] Me+art= ... -_-

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-24 10:07:30

right ooon!

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-24 15:07:34

At 4/23/07 08:59 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: Hey, Hammi... ---->

Hmm... good points there. I guess i was down that much that i didnt see that way. I need to change my attitude and forget everything else that comes in my way. Thanx for showing understanding, and thanx for recognizing my art. Thank you.

At 4/23/07 09:13 PM, HahaBears wrote: -_-. crap. I just wrote a friggin... ---->

Lol well theres nothing wrong with leftys. Maybe a lil strange for those who are righthanded, but hell, we are all born different. What if i told you that i eat thru my nostrils... which i dont XD THAT is strange. I eat with my right hand, others feel comfy with doing it with the left hand. Eherm anyways, the art games youre suggesting sound wicked. If i only HAD friends in real life who could keep up with me in art ^_^; But thanx for the ideas, they sound creative! Thanx for the huuuge reply... lol poop xP

At 4/23/07 10:43 PM, Razac wrote: you should have seen what i was like.... ---->

Woah Razac, great flashbacks. They seem to be very useful when your thoughts feel like stuffed up one day. That leads to confusion and frustration. I think your examples just about hit the spot. And oh, you draw excellent, ive noticed that. I guess everyone starts out crappy. The thing was that i was exhausted and tired after keeping it on for long time while lacking confidence , and i eventually got frustrated. Then my trust to art was emptied. But now im finally standing tall again^^ Thanx a bunch for the morale boost!

At 4/23/07 11:28 PM, Bug wrote: And just to add to that because newgrounds doesn't have an edit post option:... ---->

Omg... youre right. Youre speaking the truth here. I didnt know that you were... wise xD Each point youre making here clearly makes sense. You know... i kinda had a strange feeling, when you just said that people think that theyve rosen to celebrity status, just because some few have bookmarked them. Ah shit >.< I dont wanna go there. I can almost feel the ego when you mentioned it. IT BURNS. Me internet ego maniac? No thanx! O_O I will keep on tweaking and improving my art, and i will try not to compare my stuffs with others(otherwise i will eventually lose my mind and give up... again -_-). This lecture just got me thinking big time. Thumbs up Bug, thanx a million! :D

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-24 16:19:34

At 4/23/07 10:43 PM, Razac wrote:..

(cant believe i still got a copy)

lol

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-24 16:23:01

At 4/23/07 11:20 PM, Bug wrote:
... Keep practicing and maybe some day you'll look back on these people and realise that they really aren't as good as you once thought. And chances are they will probably be doing exactly what they have been for the past whatever years they've been on the internet.

Stagnating.

thats exactly what I said. quite copying my advice. roffel

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-24 16:24:24

XD i was so shocked when i found it....blown away even...

but seriously though...thats how bad i was.....

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 13:38:46

At 4/24/07 09:39 PM, Bug wrote:
At 4/24/07 04:23 PM, MindChamber wrote: thats exactly what I said. quite copying my advice. roffel
its true im a theif i tend to steal as much as i can and i love it, its great. just look at how many fans i have.

haha its true you have a ton of fans me being one of them.

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 15:12:08

At 4/22/07 08:48 PM, MindChamber wrote: At 4/22/07 07:27 PM, Hammi wrote: sad stuff.

listen hamms, I know how you feel., but look at it this way. who do you do art for?

for others? for approval? or for fun? or the love or the inspiration?

everyone starts out ruff. theres no such thing as talent. Talent (to me) is just a measuring unit.. basicly when somone has alot of talent it means they can grasp a skill faster than others. doesnt mean, you could never catch up to them.. Ive seen plenty of talented people sit on their laurels, while some people with no skill outpace them with pure dedication and practice.

here, let me give you an example.

My first flash cartoon eva...

I see what you mean. Your flash has no sound, Overuse of gradients, and your art is no where nearas good as it is now. But its okay, 'cause you were just learning.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 15:14:21

wow..incredible...

just a couple of minutes ago i was attempting for the millionth time in photoshop to draw something good, (i was actually practicing on faces) when i actually stopped to see what i did, got pissed off and cancelled 2 oer 3 houors of work...and started thinking exactly what i read by opening this thread....wich made me think....

i guess after reading this, the best thing to do is keep on going, practicing and painting...eventually we will probably get better...

heh, sounds like a normal crisis among us "normal" drawers...

and one other thing, you art isn`t bad. it`s actually really good, i told you so on DA right?
what gets you down, is exactly what gets me : we tend to see artists like JohnnyUtah, Razac etc etc we see our drawings..and frankly, compared to them, they are shit...while what we tend not to see is what we have done so far... notice what he so called "noobs" draw, and remember that once were like that too, it`s just a matter of practice, time and effort.

i really really hope you manage to get as good as you want, and acheive what you want to acheive. and i`m sure, in time ou will. as i probably might.

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 16:26:09

At 4/25/07 03:12 PM, Monkey-Boy wrote: I see what you mean. Your flash has no sound, Overuse of gradients, and your art is no where nearas good as it is now. But its okay, 'cause you were just learning.

thanks for that captian obvious

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 17:31:42

At 4/25/07 02:10 PM, EvgeniiEXTREMIST wrote:
Also the userbase has an overall IQ of -9999999

Hammi I went to your sheezy, you have two watchers called: knuckelsfan and furrynaruto,
When i created my first account and submitted a couple of oil paintings I did, the first comment I got was : "WTF its kool tho". This is because it had completely thrown their world upside down that something instead of an animesque style had been submitted. Many sites can be bad but sheezyart is the very pinnacle of stupidity.
I might troll those users I mentioned above now, cause im like that

Thats simply correct! Those two watchers i got just watched me, without me knowing why they did that... except that they apparently "really luv your art!! :3". Your conclusion is worth a mouthful indeed. DA isnt any better either. Just as Bug said, users who develop ego when making art, turn into crazy internet ego maniacs. Its like their world starts shrinking. I will never forget that. Ugh XS

At 4/25/07 03:14 PM, TomAzza wrote:
and one other thing, you art isn`t bad. it`s actually really good, i told you so on DA right?
what gets you down, is exactly what gets me : we tend to see artists like JohnnyUtah, Razac etc etc we see our drawings..and frankly, compared to them, they are shit...while what we tend not to see is what we have done so far... notice what he so called "noobs" draw, and remember that once were like that too, it`s just a matter of practice, time and effort.

i really really hope you manage to get as good as you want, and acheive what you want to acheive. and i`m sure, in time ou will. as i probably might.

Yes... youre right man. Absolutely. I remember. Sorry for falling too soon... but my motivation got emptied pretty quick for some reason, 'till it said SLAM. I mean, JohnnyUtah(and his dick jokes xD) is really great, but thats when i start dreaming. Then the dream gets shattered when i snap back to reality. Then the depression/frustration increases, and the selfconfidence gets dried up. But now, i will not let this happen again! All this support has meant much for me, and i will keep on doing my thing. I wont let it take control of me because ive now been adviced and guided as much as it couldve been done. No bitchin without a good reason! Well, i may sometimes express how exhausted i am, but giving up art? NOT! :D Good luck to you too TomAzza!

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 19:01:59

Awwww,,,

No "good luck" to me too?

=(

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-25 19:21:18

At 4/25/07 07:01 PM, PandaMime wrote: Awwww,,,

No "good luck" to me too?

=(

Oh PandaMime, i havent forgotten you!^^ Keep the wheels spinning, do your touch like you do in the collabs, they turn out pretty neat! Ive also learned that theres ALWAYS room for improvement, if you feel down or if you feel like turning it up a notch. You should keep it up^^

Youre gettin deeper in art, keep it movin. Best of luck mate, you will blow like a rose one day if you try your best, just wait and see! At least im on it xP

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-26 09:10:41

At 4/25/07 08:37 PM, ultim8dude wrote: god damnit, forgot da fucking pic:

Hehe. Well, gotta start somewhere. Im sure that you mustve gotten better by now. Yeah i should follow the desire of making art instead of thinking that theres a competition where we either win or lose. I almost went downhill because i thought that i was losing my ambitions to do the art, or that i didnt had what it takes to make art. Time was passing by, and i felt so lost... but i feel stronger than ever now. Thanx for the support ultim8dude!

Jepp tusen takk mann, jeg er ganske takknemlig^^ Rodt hvitt og blaatt, aldri glem det xP

Response to [Talk] Me+art= ... -_- 2007-04-26 09:42:46

At 4/25/07 05:31 PM, Hammi wrote: Good luck to you too TomAzza!

thanks.

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature