00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cycadeli just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RE: You People

47,553 Views | 517 Replies

Response to RE: You People 2009-11-28 17:09:09

Well, what about EyeLovePoozy? Why is he even a mod? Why is he here? Just take a look at this thread and give me ONE reason why it's a logical lock:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1068 083

And what are you gonna say about Jamoke making fun of Turkish wrestling (I'm a Turk) by posting random images and calling them gay?
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1125 333
Scroll down a bit and you'll see how much of an asshole he is.

As for the "overrun by little kids", that's not OUR fault, it's because all those flash games and movies and those cartoonish images YOU have everywhere attracts the kids' attention. This website is for all ages of people, and especially considering that kids love playing games, you should except it to be "overrun". You can't blame US for this.

Personally though, I'm not one of the people who complain about "little kids". In fact I complain about nothing in here, I love this website, except for some mods that think they are so powerful...

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to RE: You People 2009-11-28 17:13:28

Amen.

Whoop Whoop

Response to RE: You People 2009-11-28 17:15:18

At 6/30/07 03:13 PM, Evark wrote: "The BBS sucks now."

KNOW WHY!? Because YOU are here, not doing shit about it, bitching, whining, carrying on.

So......what are you doing writing this? You are showing everyone that a mod is complaining about the fact half of the Newgrounders are dickfucks. Yes, you are right, but what are you doing essentially? Because it looks a helluva lot like complaining. You may be banning people, but this thread just gave those same dickfucks an ample opportunity to wipe their shitty asses on the BBS. You, by making this thread, aren't helping. It's like yelling at a troll. You're fueling the flames of idiocy, brother.

"Well shit, Daniel, I just left!"

LOL? LOL LOL LOL

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-11-28 17:23:58

So argueing in this 20 page thread is gonna help change the bbs? Back in my day we gave n00bs the good perma ban. Well that was a different site. I've watched the bbs rot away for so long it's time to put the final nail in the coffin.

night night bbs.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-11-28 18:19:17

At 11/28/09 05:09 PM, mrty wrote: Well, what about EyeLovePoozy? Why is he even a mod? Why is he here? Just take a look at this thread and give me ONE reason why it's a logical lock:

Because firstly, it doesn't provide an opportunity for discussion. It's just someone telling a story about something that they thought was funny. Secondly, posting (or in this case paraphrasing) a chat conversation without it being relevant to any kind of discussion topic or argument is against the rules.

Poozy is a mod because the admins and the rest of the moderator team feel that he is fit to do the job.

And what are you gonna say about Jamoke making fun of Turkish wrestling (I'm a Turk) by posting random images and calling them gay?
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1125 333
Scroll down a bit and you'll see how much of an asshole he is.

It's a birthday thread; it's not meant for serious discussion. The absence of political correctness doesn't reflect at all on his competency as a moderator.

Personally though, I'm not one of the people who complain about "little kids". In fact I complain about nothing in here, I love this website, except for some mods that think they are so powerful...

What about the users that show utter disrespect to the mods (and each other)? You don't have to respect them because of their power, but you have to at least give them civility and many users don't do that. It's a two way street.

At 11/28/09 05:15 PM, Grizzli wrote: You, by making this thread, aren't helping. It's like yelling at a troll. You're fueling the flames of idiocy, brother.

He making a counterargument, and a pretty good one at that. If the opposing opinion doesn't say anything against the people who complain without taking measure out of fear that they will be called hypocrites, then that's not productive at all. At least this provokes discussion and gets the issue to be taken into consideration instead of letting it fester in the minds of the jaded. One could argue that this alone is taking action. It takes away the idea that this is an argument where one side has found a foothold in an opinion that can't be countered.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-11-29 04:04:50

At 11/28/09 06:19 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: Because firstly, it doesn't provide an opportunity for discussion. It's just someone telling a story about something that they thought was funny. Secondly, posting (or in this case paraphrasing) a chat conversation without it being relevant to any kind of discussion topic or argument is against the rules.

Well, how about those hundreds of "My ___ died." threads that never get locked? There's no discussion in there either, only "Sorry for your loss"s and random troll comments.

Poozy is a mod because the admins and the rest of the moderator team feel that he is fit to do the job.

He fits in? REALLY, can anybody tell me HOW he fits in?

It's a birthday thread; it's not meant for serious discussion. The absence of political correctness doesn't reflect at all on his competency as a moderator.

He still doesn't have the right to post such things! It's humiliating to be made fun of your culture, you don't understand because you're not a Turk.

What about the users that show utter disrespect to the mods (and each other)? You don't have to respect them because of their power, but you have to at least give them civility and many users don't do that. It's a two way street.

I show respect to EVERYONE here, and this includes mods, and people who don't show respect are not my concern.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 11:02:09

At 11/28/09 05:15 PM, Grizzli wrote: You, by making this thread, aren't helping. It's like yelling at a troll. You're fueling the flames of idiocy, brother.
He making a counterargument, and a pretty good one at that. If the opposing opinion doesn't say anything against the people who complain without taking measure out of fear that they will be called hypocrites, then that's not productive at all. At least this provokes discussion and gets the issue to be taken into consideration instead of letting it fester in the minds of the jaded. One could argue that this alone is taking action. It takes away the idea that this is an argument where one side has found a foothold in an opinion that can't be countered.

But taking action in itself is going to cause more trolling. the second post was one of a troll. He does make an excellent point, but its like the chief of police yelling at the people of the city to stop commiting crimes. The ciminals wont give a shit, and if anything, cause more trouble.

LOL? LOL LOL LOL

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 11:23:38

heroes

wow i can't believe i made this below

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 11:25:07

And you are...?

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 11:28:47

At 6/30/07 03:34 PM, Evark wrote:
At 6/30/07 03:28 PM, DarkRedFlame wrote: A shitty mod at that.
Yep, Ban Time.
See, here's what you people don't GET. You don't GET that we're not vengeful.

HOLD IT!!! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!
i got banned for saying the word "yoghurt"... so SHOVE IT!

Hi!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 11:33:37

its about time some one revieled the populis of ng. there sooo immature.

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 12:11:51

At 12/28/09 11:28 AM, SilverBaller wrote: HOLD IT!!! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!
i got banned for saying the word "yoghurt"... so SHOVE IT!

I have a sneaking suspicion that that's not the whole story.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 12:43:09

wow now i dont feel so bad about myself lolzzzzzzzzzz

asdf

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 12:58:35

I will take it to my consideration.

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 12:59:57

Evark speaks the turth, let him be heard!!

Holy music begins playing.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 13:09:13

I don't do anything to change the BBS.
Therefore, I have no right to complain.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 13:16:55

I think its still a pretty cool place, sure it has its ups and downs but overall the BBS is a fun way to express opinions.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-12-28 14:12:36

The only way to fix the BBS truly, is to remove the fab aura.

In the immortal words of Stamper...

LOL? LOL LOL LOL

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2010-01-05 17:59:16

I find I might make useless topics, but at least I don't act like a jerk towards other people like others do.

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-09 17:22:33

Interesting.
It's '11 now, and this thread was made about 4 years ago

Apparently it sucked all that time, which means I never saw the BBS at it's prime.

How depressing

Snipers get more head

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-09 18:28:55

At 9/9/11 05:29 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 9/9/11 05:22 PM, jds74 wrote: Apparently it sucked all that time, which means I never saw the BBS at it's prime.

How depressing
The BBS in its prime was ruled by the stern, yet fair, iron fist of bbr that kept the cesspool at bay. After his departure, the BBS was quickly taken by the cesspool.

I actually vaguely remember a couple of those threads he made.
I miss them.

Snipers get more head

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-09 23:49:17

It wasn't me, I didn't do shit.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-09 23:52:10

But Evaaaaaaark. He started it! *points to below user*

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 05:41:08

You're right. You should sticky this thread

___,....--!--..---......,,,,¡_

||___---_¡c»(\)ÌÌÌÌÌÌ||||||==

. /_/-' l____}|------IIIIIIII-77777/

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 06:35:05

I honestly believe that the forum has gotten better than ever in '11. I see more users trying to give good advice, and posting longer, more carefully constructed replies than I seem to recall in memories of days long past.

I'm sure some of you disagree, but if you do try to look back objectively. We all have a tendency to romanticize our triumphs and tribulations of yesteryear. The excitement that each of us felt when the forum, and the things and people in it that we take for granted today, were all new and mysterious to us is always going to wear off.

But I don't know. I think all that I was trying to say is that I haven't been rick roll'd in years, nobody ever tells me to do a barrel roll or grab her cock anymore, the userbase is still very colorful but seems to be getting friendlier and more helpful, and the mods are as good as they ever were. Even the bronies are considerate enough to try to keep it in a single thread.

Or maybe it's worse than ever but it's all in how you look at it. Either way, from my perspective, things are just great.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 06:44:36

At 9/17/11 06:35 AM, Me-Patch wrote: I honestly believe that the forum has gotten better than ever in '11. I see more users trying to give good advice, and posting longer, more carefully constructed replies than I seem to recall in memories of days long past.

It depends on if the person writing the reply can actually write coherently and legibly. A huge run-on sentence with comma splices everywhere is insanely annoying to read and try to comprehend, and so is the fact that most Newgrounders - at least the ones I have seen - do write like that when fashioning a wall of text.

If you're going to make your replies long then please: please try do be legible, mostly grammatically correct, and sensible. If you can't do that than for the love of all that is good stick to witty one-liners, folks!

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 06:49:53

Nah boys the BBS just gets better because of newfags, that make it a great community. Being a Elder I have witness the progress of this forum become a first class message board here here.

True story

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 06:53:49

At 9/17/11 06:49 AM, iscrulz wrote: Being a Elder

You sure didn't offer to teach me the ropes when I was new around here. Talk about improving the BBS community, mon.

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 06:59:41

At 9/17/11 06:37 AM, SCTE3 wrote: However even though we have improved a bit we still get users whining from time to time that the BBS is not entertaining or good enough for them.

Some things are never going to change I suppose. I guess there's nothing wrong with a little griping, but if anyone really feels that the BBS isn't good enough for them they can just join the ranks of the users that are both gone and forgotten. This old thread is filled with examples of those.

Rivergrey

A huge run-on sentence with comma splices everywhere is insanely annoying to read and try to comprehend,

Is that a dig on my crappy grammar? Or am I just being insecure? Either way I've been up all night, so that's my excuse.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2011-09-17 07:03:37

At 9/17/11 06:59 AM, Me-Patch wrote: Rivergrey
A huge run-on sentence with comma splices everywhere is insanely annoying to read and try to comprehend,
Is that a dig on my crappy grammar? Or am I just being insecure? Either way I've been up all night, so that's my excuse.

No no no no no: I'm nowhere near that mean broseph. Your grammar is pretty fantastic, to be completely honest. I had absolutely no intention for what I wrote to come across that way.

furry

filler

BBS Signature