00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RE: You People

47,604 Views | 517 Replies

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:00:00

At 6/30/07 03:56 PM, SuperFlonic wrote: In your OP, you always talked about us doing the things wrong.
I couldn't find a word of self-critisism.

Probably because he doesn't do what he's complaining about.

Most of you will post in a thread just to say 'this thread is stupid' (WOW THANKS FOR THAT. ) not only is it a worthless, shit post; it keeps that 'stupid' thread bumped to the top, where people will think, 'oh this is popular.' and then before you know it, there are fucking pokemon everywhere and then you twits bitch about the childishness here.

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:01:12

At 6/30/07 03:59 PM, SuperFlonic wrote: Then why do pots with an oppinion get deleted?

Examples? Are the threads even around?

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:01:51

You do make a point. However, in my opinion, I think you're getting a tad too angry at a bunch of whiners who'd rather sit and bitch instead of attempting anything. ANGRAI, Evark.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:05:18

At 6/30/07 03:54 PM, fivepoint wrote:
At 6/30/07 03:50 PM, TehreTard wrote:
asking for another opinion makes them a faggot?

Because it has been done A MILLION FUCKING TIMES. Shit, most '06ers just make random bullshit topics like that whilst being too lazy to check the search bar to see if it was done or not. Trust me, it has.

2. The majority of 06/07ers are one-liner post whores who barely put any thought to their posts.
eh, so do you...? i've seen your posts; hypocrite

Are you this stupid or what? Check their profiles and compare their post count to mine. They make over 100 posts while the most I can make is 20. Plus, I don't make as much one-liners as they do.

once again, stereotyping someone over some stupid reason to protect yourself

Because the majority of them suck, including you.

fag

Sign-up Date:
04/29/2007

Go die in a fire already, fucknuts.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:05:26

Hear Hear, hopefully im not one of the shits screwing up the bbs big time, i know i dont post random crap. its always a shame to see those pointless wastes. way to take a stand Evark.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:08:16

At 6/30/07 03:49 PM, SuperFlonic wrote: But why can't we just tell eachother to fuck off in topics?

Because you don't qualify it. Also, it's uncalled for. Every single one of you has the same sort of privelege to use this site. And believe me, it is a privelege. I don't mind your post, because you put some substance into it. You're thinking about what you're doing. These forums aren't a safe-haven for a bunch of users who are retarded idiots telling each other to fuck off repeatedly. We're clever and creative. When we tell someone to fuck off, we tell them how it's done. Hell, we might even SHOW them how it's done.

Really, what are you adding to a discussion when you simply post "fuck off" and are done with it? NOTHING. Put more thought into it. Tell the person every flaw with the way they live their life and how it transcribes to the BBS, but don't just leave it at "fuck off." That's boring, that's predictable. I was once given a piece of advise that when someone swears at you, they're swearing at you because they don't have the mental capacity to think of better words to use. Swears aren't that cutting, folks. If you want to tear someone's argument or thoughts to shreds, do it properly.

Now then, RE: "Why should I care about my name on the internet lol" the answer is because it's more interesting than if you didn't. You aren't funny enough to be a pure personality or a free-soul roaming the BBS posting wittily. It's not that you have to care about your name or what you say, it's just that this is a community that you belong to. If you care about its well-being you'll post well as if you care about your name. If you don't, don't be here, nobody wants you aboard, and I think you should be honest with yourself enough to realize that you don't want to be here either.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:11:06

As I read this thread I'm starting to think how diffrent the Bbs is, its like a multi-cultured, but instead of culture people acting in diffrent way.

I personnaly think people aren't noticed for making smart posts or genious topics, as an example HAYF he dosent seem to smart and I've decided to stop reading all his posts in a thread and read everyones so that I can see what everyone thinks and thats one reason why it takes me awhile to reply back.

I'm not going to post in here for awhile because I've made my point they may not have been read and no one may care but I got what I said out and if anyone thinks, anything I've said here is smart in anyway. Thanks

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:11:49

At 6/30/07 04:00 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I made salsa! :)

May I please dip my chips in your salsa? =3

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:18:34

At 6/30/07 03:54 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: That the longest post I've ever seen someone make just to say "Shit sucks; deal with it."

You'd have more closely synopsized my post with "Quit complaining about how shit stinks and flush the toilet." You see, the difference here is between the active and the passive. People saying "XXXXX is doing shit to me" instead of "I'm doing shit to XXXXXXX." Take responsibility, understand that if YOU are bitching about something, it's ENTIRELY your fault in the first place.

I'm not bitching here. I'm telling you guys how it is.

Chad-T I hope you're kidding. Because I haven't banned that guy since I already lost track of who he was. Maybe I'll come back later, but he's added something. Once he posted in the thread and I responded to his crap with something decent, his post was validated. It belong now, it's part of the discussion and no longer worthless. Do you guys see how that works?

If you see threads that you think are garbage (BUT NOT SPAM) contribute in a way that makes the thread better. Make it interesting. If some noob forgot to add a point to his topic, you can either wait for a moderator to delete it/lock it, or you can ACTIVELY make the point for him. Zerok is one of the best people I've ever seen at derailing poor threads in the name of making them worthwhile. Just add something interesting. Share personal experience, add humor, add interest, add discussion. Chill out, relax, quit flaming people, quit polarizing everything, quit passing biased judgement, stop posting poorly. The onus is on EACH and EVERY one of us.

If you're to believe in blaming others then you better be willing to believe in the reflexive nature of blame itself.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:22:47

At 6/30/07 04:11 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/30/07 04:00 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I made salsa! :)
May I please dip my chips in your salsa? =3

Can I also join in?

I left the thread but then I didn't know there would be salsa and general relaxation involved.

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:22:52

At 6/30/07 04:00 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote:
At 6/30/07 03:49 PM, SuperFlonic wrote: Stuff
Yeah but we need mods to delete the spam or things like the Star Syndicate raid would happen all the time.

We're one of the few groups on this forum keeping it funny and entertaining.

Count your blessings.

Neil Armstrong was a gay buttfucking crocodile.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:26:01

At 6/30/07 03:34 PM, Evark wrote: See, here's what you people don't GET. You don't GET that we're not vengeful. You don't GET that we don't ban you for expressing your opinion.

I'm like.. 90% vengeful. Say something I don't like and BAM, you're gone for a month.

Come back and piss me off again and I'll probably never let it end.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:29:12

At 6/30/07 04:22 PM, Scarab-Stalk33r wrote:
Can I also join in?

I left the thread but then I didn't know there would be salsa and general relaxation involved.

Only if you agree with Evark. It's a tall order I'm afraid.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:29:45

At 6/30/07 04:26 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote:

Your not funny or entertaining all ya'll do is make crappy spam that ya'll mass vote through the portal.

This is how everyone knows you are a new member and why all the people arguing with you in this topic arent respecting your opinion.

The whole "mass voting" myth is something all the new users (like you) seem to fall back on because you can't comprehend the fact that not everyone thinks the same way as you.

I hope in 2 years you can look back on this and see what a stereotypical "rebel" you are being.

Good day. (and I'm an alt in case it isn't extremely obvious).

Neil Armstrong was a gay buttfucking crocodile.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:31:03

At 6/30/07 04:29 PM, Gagsy wrote: Only if you agree with Evark. It's a tall order I'm afraid.

Agree, offer a convincing argument for why not to, or just avoid the issue entirely as you did and were the first to do.

Interested, interesting, or unique and funny. Not so difficult, you'd think.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:31:41

this is a copy/paste of my post in this topic

it has truth to it, so i saw fit to re-post, considering how you guys seem to prefer older users

lets see, would you rather have newgrounds a community of old people circle-jerking each other while thinking of how things used to be, or have a little flavor, a little youth? that's what '06/07's bring. youth.

if you don't see any logic in it, get out.

Where did all the kool kids go?

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:32:08

At 6/30/07 04:29 PM, Gagsy wrote: Only if you agree with Evark. It's a tall order I'm afraid.

Yep, I do :) You can read my previous posts.

By the way, I don't actually like dip so I've ordered ten different kinds of currys. Yum!

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:32:16

At 6/30/07 03:23 PM, Evark wrote:
I spent a full five minutes moving my fingers to make this thread people, let's show some respect.

A simple "lol" works here

The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.

Roses Are Red Violets are Blue

I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:33:12

Considering guys like Stamper have the same fucking childish humor the little kids will never stop coming until Stamper is looking for a new job.

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:33:30

At 6/30/07 04:32 PM, TehChahlesh wrote:
At 6/30/07 03:23 PM, Evark wrote: I spent a full five minutes moving my fingers to make this thread people, let's show some respect.
A simple "lol" works here

And people tell me I'm NOT funny. That was a joke, I'm glad you caught it.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:34:17

At 6/30/07 04:18 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote:
So post count doesn't mean everything. Why not actually read what they have to say insted of just looking at their post count.

I always read their posts, and I always wonder how they even passed elementary school. They can't even spell or use basic grammar for Christ's sake. Plus, you spelt INSTEAD wrong.

Nice real mature hateing a group of people for no reason.

First of all, you spelt HATING wrong.

Wow, another simple word spelt wrong?

Second, if you actually read what I posted, you would know by now. They think they're funny when they're not, they post whore at the cost of post quality, and lastly, too many one-liners.

Plus, only a fair few know grammar.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:34:27

Sadly half the people posting here have no idea what the fuck is going on. All well at lest they prove what you are saying is true. My advice to everyone, ingnore the shit, find the good stuff, have fun, and most of all remember it's the internet.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:35:49

At 6/30/07 04:33 PM, Xragon wrote: Considering guys like Stamper have the same fucking childish humor the little kids will never stop coming until Stamper is looking for a new job.

Stamper is Stamper is Stamper is Stamper. He'll offer what he has to offer for the site (hilarity), and you'll offer what you have to offer. You can't change what he has to offer, you can only change what YOU have to offer. Make it interesting, or make it funny. If you aren't interested in either, there's no way you can tell me you're interesting in continuing to visit.

What I'm saying here is stop pointing the blame towards others. Blame yourself, and then fix the problem as only YOU can.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:36:23

At 6/30/07 04:34 PM, TehreTard wrote:

"omg u had a typo u nub"

ok, wow. you yell at him for typos when you spell "spelled" wrong

>:C

Where did all the kool kids go?

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:38:20

The buck stops here.

No... There...

Wait... Let's stop it over here...

You know what, just keep passing it.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:39:05

At 6/30/07 04:38 PM, AshfordPride wrote: The buck stops here.

No... There...

Wait... Let's stop it over here...

You know what, just keep passing it.

Can I collect my $200? Or am I sent to jail?

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:40:27

You got a point.

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:42:27

At 6/30/07 04:39 PM, BatDan wrote: Can I collect my $200? Or am I sent to jail?

You win $150 for getting second place in a beauty pageant!

But you'll always be my #1 gal.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:42:44

At 6/30/07 04:36 PM, fivepoint wrote:
At 6/30/07 04:34 PM, TehreTard wrote:
"omg u had a typo u nub"

ok, wow. you yell at him for typos when you spell "spelled" wrong

>:C

I pity you for not knowing the alternative.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2007-06-30 16:45:03

Random Observations Related to Evarks Original Post
By 36Holla

Well thank you Evark for that very nice rant. How we act on the forum is very similar to how a lot of people act in real life. Always looking for something to complain about, yet doing nothing to stop the source of that persons ire. Human natures a bitch I suppose.

It's no secret that many of the users behavior on this forum could be deemed blatantly inappropriate for normal communication. Thats what you get when dealing with the internet. Everyones anonymous to everyone else. You're never going to see these people in real life, so whats the harm in insulting/trolling/ruining other peoples good time? It's that kind of attitude that is making this place suck. Nobody is interested in having meaningful conversations anymore, they just want to post thier one liners and get out of the topic, never to see it again.

Immaturity is rampant here because there are little consequences for being that way, besides being banned. It's why you have groups like the SS who think its hilarious to spam up the front page for two minutes. Besides that, they're just out to ruin the good time on this forum because they feel that the place is too strict and that it should be more like how they want it. If it were up to them, this place would be full of racist and cock jokes. (More so than it is already). They hate that they cant change the way this place runs, so they inevitably try to fuck with it. In a few years though, they'll be concerned with other things, and who knows, this place may no longer be around.

Another thing: bans

Some of these kids take this forum way too seriously, meaning that they spend the majority of thier day on the forum. And when they are banned, they freak out because a major part of thier life has been disrupted. So much so that they make alts, and start complaining that the reason that they got banned was unjust. They get banned again, and thats where the despise comes in. It's like they think that they should get a free pass from the rules, like they're above them. These kids really dont realize that its a priviledge to be here, and if you fuck up, then you can get that taken away.

I agree with your propositions of ignoring kids who post stupid and pointless threads but at the same time, how are they supposed to know that what they posted was stupid and pointless, if a mod is not locking/deleting the topic? That would fall under certain opinions of what is considered a bad topic, but usually other users make it well known, and proceed to spam up the thread with flaming and +1 posts. But it also lets that user know that their topic sucked.

And yes, I myself am complaining about various things on the site, but I have also done my part to make this place better. How? I've seen at least 20 bad topics today and I didnt post in one of them. There, thats my contribution. I did everything in my power to make sure that a bad thread wasnt taken back to the top of the front page. Some would probably say that thats not enough. You have to do other things to improve the place. Ok, so what would those be? I cant tell other users that thier topics suck because I'd probably get banned, I cant make a thread about how the users suck because its been way too overdone...also possible ban. The only thing that I could think of would be to carry on how I normally do, and hope that what I have to say is making some kind of meaningful impact on this place.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature