00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KaelousPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RE: You People

47,552 Views | 517 Replies

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-18 15:58:15

yeah, not as many people around back in 99, but then again, it would have been WAY under the age limit

we should have a month of serious posting, that would get leech off any immaturitys now

zeroks actually the fairest mod i know so far, and bigbadron isn't that bad, keep it up!

i play team fortress 2 on EGO servers

gamertag "dog stilez"

i go paintballing often [NG airsoft/paintball group]

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-18 18:08:12

What we need to do is take EXTREME measures, such as raise the age limit to 15 or something along those lines.....(it probably wont work since half the kids here are actually less than 13 to begin with)

so, instead, newgrounds should "relocate" and send emails to a priviledged few who know people that are of age. Those people spread the word to other fellow NGers, and we may have some people back.

There are major flaws with this plan:

- Most people here who are old enough WILL be boned by the system when it relocates because they dont have any NGers who know them enough to tell them where the site is relocated.

- The damn kids hold a majority in the NG population and it may cause the inevitable downfall of the Flash and Audio portals as well as the BBS when they are kicked out.

- We wouldnt have any little kids to laugh at when they are gone.

So......in general, NG is still going to be ruled by Mods and run by little kids, which sucks.......now if you dont mind, I am going to start swearing, it has nothing to do with this I assure you........

SONOFABITCH!!MUTHA- (swearing rant lasts for hours)

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-18 18:34:01

im sooo sorry evark

WHATS up NG?

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-18 18:34:57

I don't know; I still think the BBS is a good place to go if you want a reality check. I have to admit; I don't find the BBS particularly interesting lately, but I don't post saying the BBS sucks; I just leave and come back later, when something that particularly catches my interest. I still think the BBS is a good place to go, IF you have an open mind. I fell that the mods ban those who honestly deserve it, and that the newest members of the BBS are starting to come around; I know I'm not one to talk (<1000 posts), but I haven't found an '08 user yet that was TOO annoying... Just saying.

Also, I actually read the whole post, TLDR isn't an excuse when the post is entertaining and it should be more heavily enforced

Generic sig shit goes here.

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-18 19:04:25

This thread is fucking retarded.

Half of the people posting are just saying "Yeah, well maybe you should leave" or "you're a whiny bitch".

Hell, the other half is either too stupid to actually quote the message correctly or saying "lol e-drama I'm too cool for school, which is why I have to point out the obvious like a fucking idiot just so someone who hasn't been paying attention the last 18 pages knows what just happened, even though it's so apparent feeling the need to point it out as if anyone doesn't know warrants a handicapped sticker on my car."
-----------

There was no BBS glory year you fucking idiots. It's practically a phase. NGBBS is good for about a year, then it sucks. Half of these people are either: 1. Too fucking stupid to admit that it actually is just a phase or 2. Don't want to lose the arguement, and are fighting tooth and nail just because they're stupid.

--------------

13 year olds aren't the ones at fault here, it's stupid people. Maybe people would stop bitching about the mods if you fucking assholes stop making shitty quips every other lock or ban message. All you're doing is adding insult to injury, and it's making the already shitty job you assholes are doing worse.

----------

About "Epic threads". It doesn't matter how epic it is. It doesn't matter when it's locked or why. You guys always bitch. Either a mod locked it too early for you to enjoy it, or it got old and sucks now.

Either one of two things happen with these epic threads you assholes keep making: 1. They're locked right away or 2. They get old and keep on getting bumped by new users because they don't know what to think about your inside jokes, and it can't be locked anymore, so either Wade has to step in, or everyone bitches.

When they're locked right away, it doesn't matter if it could've been epic or not, you bitch anyway. Half of the time, people are complaining about shitty topics which wouldn't have made anything except ten solid pages of newbs going "lol" and regs going "lol n00bs don't get it".

When they're epic, it's practically the same thing.

Either way, noone wins with you retards.

Why are you all so angry, Mr. Soggybottoms?

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-18 19:06:53

YOU forum mods are fucking sell outs.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-20 15:36:00

I'll kinda...post what I see. I know my place on the forum here, as it is now I'm the fuckin' bottom of the food chain, lowest of the low, mean absolutely nothing and stand for fuck all. I know that and I don't think I have any sort of altitude over anyone. Most of the regs in this forum are stern, they'll tell you off if you're an idiot, which is a good thing and I think it makes this forum awesome.

However, I also think that people who are new see "Oh, yay, I can call this guy a dipshit because I'm just like everyone else," when he isn't. He's lower than the guy who's been on NG for years. My point is, from what I observe, newbs to the forum try and act like regs by calling someone a jack ass, fuck face, whatever, but without good reason, really, because he sees the regs doing it, when regs only do it at an appropriate time.

That's just what I see as a problem I see, but I'm not sure. I know that on forums where I've been active on, whenever a newb comes on and acts like he's the king and owns the forums, I can't stand that.

To avoid being a hypocrite, here's my saving grace: I'm fucking raw meat.

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-20 16:49:34

go eat poop you poopy head
ha! im being immature!

This is my signature

Evil-Omlete

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-22 11:03:47

Yea, people keep bumping this thread...
He was pissed of at the time ok, you all are, so let it lie.
The fact you keep bumping this and saying he is being a dick, this was long ago, and he was annoyed at the time. So stop making yourselves look like idiots by trying to flame the guy.

RE: You People

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-29 21:58:05

Noticed this thread in Zerok's sig, and just read through it to check that I hadn't posted anything substantive in it (a post of "lol" while I was still on holiday doesn't count), so let's comment on this trainwreck:

At 6/30/07 03:13 PM, Evark wrote: "The BBS sucks now."

Yes, it does

KNOW WHY!? Because YOU are here, not doing shit about it, bitching, whining, carrying on. You make it worse for yourself. You make it worse for everyone else around you complaining about it and in turn they whine further about how you're here shitting things up. Everyone whines about everyone else but nobody stops to take action against the only suckage they can control: their own.

Yes, we could all post more interesting stuff. This was writted pre-redesign, I know, but the blogs don't help. If I'm writing any new content, it's going there. Why the hell would I want to chuck diamonds into a sea of shit and hope the general populace will find them? If people want to know what I'm saying, they know where to look.

"The mods are too strict."

They are and they aren't...

KNOW WHY!? Because YOUR topics suck ass. You guys post some menial garbage about whatever the fuck it is you find minimally funny because you spend all your time trolling the internet viewing the garbage humor you've discovered elsewhere and trying to emulate it. If you're not doing that, you're making topics bitching about how the moderators are too strict and locked your last topic. Make better ones instead. INTERESTING ONES.

Old news. See topic 529157. The problem is that it seems as if the mods now haven't got a clue where to draw the line, they'll delete some crap topics and leave others, usually on an arbitrary basis depending on whether they've seen it before recently. It certainly doesn't help when you get moderators posting in this thread saying things like "Yeah, some spam can be hilarious and great. I love me some fun spam", does it? What is fun spam? I'm not even going to go anywhere near that one given that I basically got demoderated due to what I interpreted as fun spam, and what someone else didn't.

"This place is over-run by little kids."

Of course it is. Users come and go. There's always going to be a higher proportion of newbs than regs, simply because of the way the internet works.

I, for one, still enjoy this place and most all it has to offer. There's cool people if you're willing to look, there's funny threads if you're willing to look, there's fairness from those in positions of "power."

Of course there is. And there's a real simple solution. Or rather, there's two. You either:

- delete anything that slightly resembles a spam thread, or
- create a separate low content forum so that it can all be filtered there and keep general for actual interesting threads with a point to them. And enforce it.

Otherwise you've basically got to allow most things for sake of consistency, and the signal:noise ratio remains as fucked as it is right now. I couldn't care less if you try to fix things or not, NG isn't even in my top five forums of choice at the moment, but it could be if you sort things.

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-29 22:32:24

Every time I see this thread on the front page I vomit in my mouth a little.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-29 22:35:36

At 2/29/08 10:32 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Every time I see this thread on the front page I vomit in my mouth a little.

I vomit all over my lap, then look down at it and breathe a sigh of relief as I think "Well at least it isn't as ugly as Evark

's personality"

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-02-29 22:43:22

At 6/30/07 03:13 PM, Evark wrote: "The BBS sucks now."

KNOW WHY!? Because YOU are here, not doing shit about it, bitching, whining, carrying on. You make it worse for yourself. You make it worse for everyone else around you complaining about it and in turn they whine further about how you're here shitting things up. Everyone whines about everyone else but nobody stops to take action against the only suckage they can control: their own.

"The mods are too strict."

KNOW WHY!? Because YOUR topics suck ass. You guys post some menial garbage about whatever the fuck it is you find minimally funny because you spend all your time trolling the internet viewing the garbage humor you've discovered elsewhere and trying to emulate it. If you're not doing that, you're making topics bitching about how the moderators are too strict and locked your last topic. Make better ones instead. INTERESTING ONES.

"This place is over-run by little kids."

KNOW WHY!? Because YOU, the users of this forum, seem to enjoy being as immature as possible. You enjoy it because somehow you derive pleasure from the anonymity of the internet and how that affords you endless immaturity and douchebaggery. "Little kids" THRIVE on the sort of humor you guys enjoy. It attracts them around here. If you don't want to attract endless amounts of the sort of users you find distasteful, DON'T engage them. Class up your humor, class up your mannerisms, class up your posting. Make this place interesting to those of us who've been around the block in REALITY.

Blah, I've lost steam on any of the other dozens of annoying expressions I see you guys using over and over again. The point here is that when you complain about how much this place sucks, you need to understand that it's nobody's fault but yours.

I, for one, still enjoy this place and most all it has to offer. There's cool people if you're willing to look, there's funny threads if you're willing to look, there's fairness from those in positions of "power."

So the next time you want to complain about how much this place sucks, save your breath. Devote your time and effort into changing something about it. Quit your bitchin', set an example, and needs more penis.

Conclusions are difficult, because I want to just keep writing. I think you get the picture.

Whoah............. settle down before you hurt yourself dude. why are you so pissed. The key to posting on any forums is to not listen to quotes that everyone tends to say. You think your trying to help, thi is only going to make it worse my friend, just give up. I didnt even need to read the entire thing to know that you mention the things that make the bbs great. Its full of suck ass topics. Suck ass topics are the most fun to talk about. Mods are too strict. That challenges people to make better and more interesting threads. i love how immature the people are, its like a game to see who the most immature forumer is. Dont change it, or ill have no reason to come here anymore!

The kitten picture page: You can't resist there little faces!!!

Response to RE: You People 2008-05-11 13:32:07

I'd just like to say that the reason I haven't made a topic like this is because I can just bump evark's.

He is my hive mind buddy.

Response to RE: You People 2008-05-11 13:58:46

At 5/11/08 01:47 PM, BonusStage wrote:
You said he wasn't funny earlier in the thread.

Well that's because evark is not funny.

HA HA HA

Response to RE: You People 2008-05-11 15:21:23

sure blam on everyone else.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-05-11 15:22:33

At 5/11/08 03:21 PM, kidd25 wrote: sure blam on everyone else.

Reading is such a hard concept to grasp these days.

Response to RE: You People 2008-06-18 23:47:32

I feel this would be a good time to bump.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-06-18 23:56:17

Quite correct.

Even mildly boring or specific topics/questions that aren't an attempt at humour that attract some kind of minimal conversation is way better than most of the annoying ones. I didn't make any of these topics about the state of the forums personally but I did stop posting the last couple of months, or even the last 2 years. But I think a small amount of dumb topics keep things fresh too. However the amount of crap at the moment is too much.

Response to RE: You People 2008-07-10 17:01:54

Well said, Evark. Unfortunately, this is the Internet and I doubt anyone besides high-level and post count users, or "regulars", will abide by any of it.

Response to RE: You People 2008-07-10 17:03:23

Newgrounds is shit and you are too evark.

Pro:What! This is madness!! Noob:madness? No,THIS IS NOOBIA!!*pwned*

its about funny cats.

For help, press 1. To learn why I'm standing in your house with a Shotgun, press 2.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-10-30 20:12:10

I've been trying to make interesting threads. it's just that this place is so full of imma- AWW SHIT.. I'm complaing, sorry about that. I'm with you all the way Evark!

I really am trying, though. I havent made a stupid thread for over... umm.... 6 months now? I cant remember.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-10-30 20:14:14

At 6/30/07 03:15 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Then leave.

lol.

Response to RE: You People 2008-10-30 20:23:09

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread any earlier.
I couldn't agree more.
I'm just trying my best to act mature, and I hope it helps to correct peoples grammar/spelling mistakes, so they can learn, and look more mature.

I still like the BBS :)

Response to RE: You People 2008-10-30 20:25:00

To the point.

While reading this sentence you realize that 2 people die and 4 babies are born every second. Is it a time to weep, or celebrate?

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 21:04:30

At 6/30/07 03:13 PM, Evark wrote: THE BBS SUCKS NOW!

No u

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 22:20:40

At 11/12/08 09:04 PM, Elder500 wrote:

No u

Quit resurrecting the goddamned thread, jackass.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 22:22:39

At 11/12/08 10:20 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
No u
Quit resurrecting the goddamned thread, jackass.

I disagree. This thread is of equal importance to the BBS rules, in my opinion.

You should have to read this thread a tick a little box that confirms you've read it ever time you post.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 22:25:09

Evark, you, no doubt, know that /b/ is having the same problems.
I propose that we all just get our acts together so it can be as close to the old BBS (pre-redesign win) as possible.

like that'll ever happen, though.
we can dream, though. We can dream.

Tank_sm.gif loves you! Click it to show it show it some love, too! :D

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 22:26:20

At 11/12/08 10:22 PM, Dry-Ice wrote:

I disagree. This thread is of equal importance to the BBS rules, in my opinion.

The point was made over a year ago. A good one, but old. It doesn't contribute anything new, at this point.

And if it is as important as you say, it should be locked (though I know this to be impossible), so that its value might not be diminished by the comments of jerks like this fool.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature