00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

chris3342001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RE: You People

47,549 Views | 517 Replies

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 22:27:23

At 6/30/07 03:23 PM, Evark wrote: I spent a full five minutes moving my fingers to make this thread people, let's show some respect.

Here's respect for you:

I agree with everything you said in your original post. Nice work!

Prick your finger, it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun.

The angel has spread it's wings. The time has come for bitter things.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 23:13:48

God fucking damn that screams " I AM THE SINGLE INDEPENDENT PERSON HERE."

You have earned my utmost respect.

I may or may not have been high when I made this post.

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 23:21:07

I think this thread keeps getting bumped because all the new people need to read it.

Could be too old though but in one year or so there could be another one of these threads.

Nothing here anymore.

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 23:23:56

every mod is a child-touching pimple-covered faggot.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2008-11-12 23:30:38

what i don't understand is why people bitch at the mods, post stupid threads, reply stupidly, etc. Its just that this forum is very disrespectful. the mods were once people like us users and know how we feel. they know how to do their job. However some user anger them by not listening to the rules. Next time before you post a thread, think, it takes 2 seconds. Mods have a hard job don't make it harder.

/¯Oo_______________________

| BBBBYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE!!!!! Leaving as of 19th

\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-01-09 17:10:53

At 11/12/08 11:30 PM, WATCHurFLAG wrote:

what i don't understand is why people bitch at the mods, post stupid threads, reply stupidly, etc. Its just that this forum is very disrespectful. the mods were once people like us users and know how we feel. they know how to do their job. However some user anger them by not listening to the rules. Next time before you post a thread, think, it takes 2 seconds. Mods have a hard job don't make it harder.

You sir have a very good point

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 17:18:32

the mods right, we suck.

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 17:23:13

This thread is almost two years old and it still makes me feel bad about myself....

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 17:27:01

What do you you people?

It's America's Hat!

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 17:33:37

What do you mean by YOU people?

With all seriousness, I agree with most of what Evark said. However, using the word YOU implies to everybody. Since you are directing your statement towards all those who bitch about the forums and the way they are run, you should use a lessser word such as "For all of those who complain..." Or "Its your own fault if..."

Like it makes a difference though cause you cant change it anyway.

Good Solid Thread. I am glad someone bumped this.

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 17:58:59

Wow... Evark you got a point, even though this is posted forever ago. The cries of people complaining about everything have become a constant drone in the backround. People still bitch, but the meaningless posts have really come a long way. It's worse then can ever be imagined. Immaturity and internet go hand in hand, because 95% of newgrounders know they'll never see another in real life, so they can be trolling assholes or spammers. People bitch about mods being too strict because they don't know why you enforce the rules. They don't realize that you mods are the filter that keeps this place [relatively] clean of all the bullshit pumped through these tubes.

Without mods, this place would be a thriving mass of faggots, like 4chan.

If people complain about the lack of cool people, or the abundance of immature ones, or the hard-ass mods, they need to take a couple seconds and realize that if they simply see where it all guides you that it leads you to the old ways. The people who don't fit in or decide to troll for fights or make shitty topics are either people who don't belong or people who are too damn stupid to realize what a wasted potential the BBS is/has become over the last few years. The veterans like myself and a handful of others realized this when it was happening. Sadly, we are powerless to do anything about it.

Now, the only way to correct this problem is to keep up what you've been trying. The entire internet will change and keep getting worse, but if we stick to our principles, we will still be one of the best and most reputable forums on the internet.

All it takes is a bit of patience, and some serious willpower, which most of us all have. We can do it.

Please click here. You'd make my fiance` happy... Please?

I'm a voice actor, and I love what I do. I'm also a writer, and love that just as much.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 18:02:10

yes I tend to agree with all you have stated but lets be honest you seem to be one of the most sensible and reasonable BBS moderators. True.

Response to RE: You People 2009-02-03 18:46:01

At 2/3/09 06:02 PM, gamejunkie wrote: yes I tend to agree with all you have stated but lets be honest you seem to be one of the most sensible and reasonable BBS moderators. True.

Well, after getting my ass handed to me twice (once by Evark and learning something from it), I respect his opinion.

Respect is different from sucking his cock. Learn it fags.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-03-12 16:35:28

Wow, it's a website on the internet...
it is what it is, and Evark, correct me if I'm wrong but complaining about people who complain isn't gonna solve anything.. at all...seriously...

silly mods... you think your all that...

Snipers get more head

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 08:49:39

I think if you set yourself on fire it would help, maybe.

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 09:01:14

At 4/4/09 08:50 AM, DJ-Divinorum wrote:
At 4/4/09 08:49 AM, AlStOrthevilclown wrote: I think if you set yourself on fire it would help, maybe.
And they say 07 users are pretty moronic.

07? sign up date 06/02/04

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 11:00:12

This thread is old, I don't think anyone is learning jack shit from it anymore.
All I can see is an 08'er and an 04'er arguing about something really ridiculous.

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 11:33:23

At 4/4/09 11:00 AM, FurryDemon wrote: This thread is old, I don't think anyone is learning jack shit from it anymore.
All I can see is an 08'er and an 04'er arguing about something really ridiculous.

That was, what, the last three posts of a nineteen paged thread? That's not exactly the beef of this thread, I think you'll agree when put into perspective. It's not so much learning from the responses either, but Evark's comments. Leaving it open, people can respond how they please.

I think this thread is quite useful for those settling in around here, and although quite a few users have it linked in their signatures, that's not really a constant reminder of it. It's just one of those things that can be added onto the standard rules as you start using the forums more regularly. I remember around the time of the 2007 redesign, Zerok had a userpgage summary of various rules. I'm not sure if he still has it, but it's stuff like that that should be flagged up more often. This thread has a more personal thing to it.

I actually posted in some of the earlier pages in this thread... I dread to think what I posted. I haven't read this through properly in a while.

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 11:34:48

Calm down man have you taken your pills today?

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 11:50:42

I agree but, complaining about people complaining is a little hypocritical isn't it?

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-04 13:14:40

Mods: "YOU SUCK!"

Users: "NO U!"

....that's pretty much it, right?

Anyway; I can't (and won't try to) argue with any of what Evark and the others have said here, as it makes perfect sense. Yes, it looks like a rant about rants, but all you have to do is realise there's a better point to be made here.
Your posting habits = the quality of this BBS. Simple as that. You can try to blame others all you like, but unless you better yourself in the process, it's pointless. Same goes for me, the other new users, the regulars, the mods, everyone.

That said, there is one thing I'd like to point out.
Although the above rule is (or at least should be) universal, the effect of following it will be largely down to who is setting the examples sought after in this thread. Zerok couldn't have put it any better when he said:

"This BBS is just one big, poorly disguised, popularity contest."
(I'd post a link, but I've completely forgotten where I read that.)

This is depressingly true. Your posts here are often judged by your sign up date/post count/level/aura etc., or anything else that has more to do with who you are than what you wrote. It shouldn't happen, I know, but it does.
Given that, the example-setting would have to come from those users that people actually recognise in order for it to have the most effect. I could (and do) try to follow the examples of 'good' posts, but let's face it, because I'm still new, it's going to be years before anyone even notices, let alone takes it on board.

This logic works both ways, meaning the regular users (be it rightly or wrongly) get the most respect and attention from the other users here, and if a well-known regular decided to try and better him/herself in this manner, a lot more people would notice (and hopefully, follow suit).

This is why it always confuses me when mods or regulars start moaning about how "crappy" the BBS is now. If you don't like the way it is now, you guys are the ones in the best positions to try and change it. If this place looks like it's been flooded by kids, you're best equipped to make them learn how to post properly.

There will always be those who refuse to change, and there will be more still who simply miss all the hints threads like this try to give them, but that's no reason to believe this place is going down the drain. The majority of noobs will stop being noobs eventually, just like you did when you were new to this place.

I'm not trying to pass the buck here: the responsibility of keeping your posting habits above a certain standard is everyone's. Just don't expect the new users to learn much from each other, that's all.

Bah. Just my random thoughts on this. I might have a point; who knows?

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:13:52

I know I shouldn't try to post something logical after taking my migraine meds, but what the hell. Let's go.

At 4/4/09 01:14 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Your posting habits = the quality of this BBS. Simple as that. You can try to blame others all you like, but unless you better yourself in the process, it's pointless. Same goes for me, the other new users, the regulars, the mods, everyone.

I can't expound on that. Simplified truth, gigo, right? If we could get people to read this thread, and points like yours, maybe some change would be impacted and we could achieve some type of ripple effect.

That said, there is one thing I'd like to point out................... Your posts here are often judged by your sign up date/post count/level/aura etc., or anything else that has more to do with who you are than what you wrote. It shouldn't happen, I know, but it does.

That is one thing that put me off a large deal from joining Newgrounds until this year. I think I've lurked on and off for about two, never really getting into it, until now. Bittersweet, both glad and sad that I jumped in headfirst.
But like any online community.... I forgot my point, so just.. think about internet and communities and tell yourself the point I was going to make. (See my first sentence at top.)

Given that, the example-setting would have to come from those users that people actually recognise in order for it to have the most effect. I could (and do) try to follow the examples of 'good' posts, but let's face it, because I'm still new, it's going to be years before anyone even notices, let alone takes it on board.

Completely agreed. Especially when you factor in how many new users join any given day and how quickly good stuff can get buried.

This logic works both ways, meaning the regular users (be it rightly or wrongly) get the most respect and attention from the other users here, and if a well-known regular decided to try and better him/herself in this manner, a lot more people would notice (and hopefully, follow suit).

If only there was a powerful way we could get something like that started and really spark interest and HOLD that interest to set the positive change in motion. If oooonly...

This is why it always confuses me when mods or regulars start moaning about how "crappy" the BBS is now. If you don't like the way it is now, you guys are the ones in the best positions to try and change it.

Brillant, brilliant! I can do no better than to echo that exact sentiment. I really can't do better.

I'm not trying to pass the buck here: the responsibility of keeping your posting habits above a certain standard is everyone's. Just don't expect the new users to learn much from each other, that's all.

Without a doubt. And consistency is key, too.. If everyone who viewed this thread kept it in their heads every moment before that Post it! > button was pressed, we could achieve a lot.

Did I make a point as well? I doubt it, I think I just reworded and reinforced what you just typed, but hey- Loved your post, tried my best.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:18:11

Does anyone remember that really awesome rant RabidEchidna went on where he compared gods and shit? That one was way better than this one.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:29:44

Wait wha? who turned into a forumancer and revived this shit? BURN HIM!

Seriously though, people are immature because they choose to be immature because there is no relative consequence to the people irl. Oh sure get banned woohoo, that just means we have a life.

True purpose of the bans is just because newgrounds DOES NOT WANT YOU not because they want to punish you, they just hide the topic and attempt to cure the forums from the stupidity that you people do.

RE: You People

"Without love there is no hate"

"But good sir isn't love what bring everyone together?"

"To only pretend to love each other when they despise they're very existance... fools"

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:34:57

the bbs has seen better days\

but good point sir I agree that people should stop scapegoating others

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:36:02

About time this was made.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:37:15

The first few lines made me laugh.

You guys are all real swell.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-04-28 22:39:25

At 4/28/09 10:31 PM, Bryan wrote: You hurted my dick Evark.

I dunno, this thread's makin' me hard :p

...then again lotsa stuff make me hard ._.

Don't mess with the cajun.

BBS Signature

Response to RE: You People 2009-05-14 16:54:20

Your my idol, Evark.

Response to RE: You People 2009-05-14 17:27:35

At 4/28/09 10:36 PM, MilestoneRazor wrote: About time this was made.

Was made two years ago. ...and sadly still holds true.

I'm not conceited...I'm convinced.

Also, I like to use ellipses.......a lot...

Xbox Live: GreenLanternDSC

BBS Signature