00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WaffleCrisp just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

947,954 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-02-21 16:44:56

At 2/21/09 04:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote: yet English people would say Eye-Van. Right or no?

Indeed.

No, E-Valice sounds stupid. And i bet there are thousands more that agree with me.

I don't mind either really. If the creators want to call it E-valice then thats their decision and I'll accept it.
Though I'd be naturally inclined to pronounce it I-valice over E-valice.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-02-21 16:56:17

At 2/21/09 04:44 PM, Nev wrote: I don't mind either really. If the creators want to call it E-valice then thats their decision and I'll accept it.
Though I'd be naturally inclined to pronounce it I-valice over E-valice.

My thoughts exactly. Thankyou.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-02-21 17:08:52

At 2/21/09 04:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I´m sure that´s the way the Japanese say it, and even the spanish would pronounce the 'I' in Ivalice as 'E'. But in the English language Ivalice should be pronounced like i said, IMO. how would(and do) someone English/American pronounce Ivan. That name is quite common here in Spain, and they say here E-Van, yet English people would say Eye-Van. Right or no?

Personally I'd pronounce the name exactly like the person who was named it wanted it pronounced.

Otherwise it's being pretty insensitive.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-02-28 16:36:56

Although it's not Final Fantasy, I've been playing Chrono Trigger recently and I find it awesome.

At 2/21/09 01:58 PM, Life-Stream wrote: lol, i kinda agree on the names chosen for summons in FFXII. Half of them were unpronouncable, and the other half were new summons. What ever happened to Shiva, Ramuh, Cactuar, Typhoon, Phoenix etc...

That was one of my main complaints about FFXII. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the world of Ivalice, but I didn't like most of the Esper names in the game. The ones I did like were Chaos and Zeromus, which were obviously homages to final bosses in previous games.

Yeah, I still need to get the Tactics remake on the PSP.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-03 16:41:18

At 2/28/09 04:36 PM, Bahamut wrote: Although it's not Final Fantasy, I've been playing Chrono Trigger recently and I find it awesome.

*Sigh*
There used to be a Chrono trigger club...

Well it's been... carrythebox... like a year since I have been on NG.
So yeah.

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-04 16:27:18

Never played Chrono trigger but the name does appeal to me, mainly because it has chrono in, which means time.
There's time traveling in it right?

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-04 22:02:10

At 2/28/09 05:29 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 2/28/09 04:36 PM, Bahamut wrote: Although it's not Final Fantasy, I've been playing Chrono Trigger recently and I find it awesome.
Soon as I get a DS, I'm totally going to get that. I've played it a handful of times with the FF Anthology version, but the DS looks to be a pretty big improvement.

I got it myself and the touch is nice to use. Also unlocking the endings I found were way easier then the PS1 version.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-05 02:25:04

At 3/5/09 12:17 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 3/4/09 10:02 PM, FurryFox wrote:

I got it myself and the touch is nice to use. Also unlocking the endings I found were way easier then the PS1 version.
How are they easier? Is Lavos just easier to beat or something?

I found lavos way easiler after I got a game completion. If you finish the game at a high enough level you can fight lavos again at the start with Crono and Marle. It's a fun challenge.

Anyway, I read that they included two new dungeons to explore, sounds promising and nice, but I heard they're "frustrating" and such.

They were a big pain in the ass. You pretty much run back and forth for what seems like forever then you get to fight the bosses ( easy fight once you nail the right moves)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-05 14:58:18

C'mon guys, answer my question D:

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-08 13:18:13

I never got around to playing any of the Chrono games.

Did anyone play Xenogears?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-08 13:28:53

At 3/5/09 12:17 AM, Mendou wrote: Anyway, I read that they included two new dungeons to explore, sounds promising and nice, but I heard they're "frustrating" and such.

Really? Besides the new warp zones I've see on New Game+, I haven't seen any new dungeons yet. I know everything I've done so far was on the PS1 port.

At 3/8/09 01:18 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Did anyone play Xenogears?

No, since that game was never released in Europe. *sigh* I'm hoping Square will try and release this game in Europe as well as Chrono Cross. If they released Chrono Trigger on the DS, why can't they do the same thing for their other non-FF games such as the aforementioned? Not against FF or anything, but I wish to explore other RPGs.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-08 13:32:53

At 3/8/09 01:28 PM, Bahamut wrote: No, since that game was never released in Europe. *sigh* I'm hoping Square will try and release this game in Europe as well as Chrono Cross. If they released Chrono Trigger on the DS, why can't they do the same thing for their other non-FF games such as the aforementioned? Not against FF or anything, but I wish to explore other RPGs.

Yeah, i dunno why they didn't release Xenogears in Europe. Luckily i got an import NTSC version which i could play on my chipped PS1. Great game IMO, nearly as good as the FF series, maybe even better than some of the installments.

You sort of have to like the whole Mecha thing though. I'm not a huge fan, but this game was great despite that.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-10 15:17:13

At 3/5/09 03:14 PM, Mendou wrote: It would be awfully silly if they made that the title and the plot had nothing to do with time travel. Yes, in the game the characters travel through places in time.

I so gotta buy this shit then!

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-03-15 09:00:34

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-12 17:43:58

So, which album shall i listen to?

I dunno if you can make it out, but that's 13,000 songs, 11GB of FF music :P

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-12 17:46:01

At 4/12/09 05:43 PM, Life-Stream wrote:

Oops. 3,000 songs sorry.

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-13 11:04:10

At 4/12/09 05:43 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So, which album shall i listen to?

S Generation. It's the only one that I own and it's great to listen to when going to bed. Hell it's great to listen to anytime.

I'm too damn lazy to make a decent sig right now.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-16 18:08:23

At 4/13/09 11:04 AM, Shoopufzilla wrote:
At 4/12/09 05:43 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So, which album shall i listen to?
S Generation. It's the only one that I own and it's great to listen to when going to bed. Hell it's great to listen to anytime.

S generation, what game is that taken from, or movie...

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-16 19:44:59

Hey has everyone here checked out the new psp game.. Its got all the main villains and heroes of every FF game ever together with another gaming series i dont remember the name of.. It looks kick-ass at the mo...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-16 20:56:25

At 4/12/09 05:43 PM, Life-Stream wrote:

The only video game music I have on my computer is the OC Remix album of Final Fantasy VII song remixes.

It's pretty good.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-17 07:40:22

At 4/13/09 11:04 AM, Shoopufzilla wrote: S Generation. It's the only one that I own and it's great to listen to when going to bed. Hell it's great to listen to anytime.

I listened to that one the day after you posted that, and it was great.....really loved the arranged version of The Oath from FFVIII!

At 4/16/09 06:08 PM, EvilJesus wrote: S generation, what game is that taken from, or movie...

It's a mix of songs from FFVII, VIII and IX.

At 4/16/09 06:11 PM, Bryan wrote: Can you trying posting that in English next time please. Most people here can't understand Spanish. :(

You don't need to understand anything. You can obviously see that there are just over 3,000 files and they occupy 10.8GB.
As for the list of albulms, most of them are in English if you look closely.

At 4/16/09 07:44 PM, Goku-Watson wrote: Hey has everyone here checked out the new psp game.. Its got all the main villains and heroes of every FF game ever together with another gaming series i dont remember the name of.. It looks kick-ass at the mo...

Yes, yes, Final Fantasy Dissidia.

At 4/16/09 08:56 PM, Kuro wrote: The only video game music I have on my computer is the OC Remix album of Final Fantasy VII song remixes.

I assume you're talking about the 'voices of the lifestream' album? I got that too!

It's pretty good.

Pretty damn awesome for unofficial fan-based remixes.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-04-24 21:48:29

So, a new FF7 ADvent Children just came out on Blu-Ray in Japan. It's called FFVII Advent Children Complete. Apparently it has 30 minutes of new footage.

There's also a short anime about Denzel and what happens after the AC movie. It's called On a way to a smile.

Linky to AC Complete trailer. Some awesome new teasers in there....i'll have to get hold of that one, even though i already have the 2 disc edition, and the collectors box set XD

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-05-18 23:03:21

I am a FFC member!! I just love it!!!

monte

roxasaxel

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-03 00:50:55

So I hear FFIV got a sequal called " The After Years" which is only for the wii on wiiware, that came out on the first this month. I'm guessing most of you don't have a wii so bonus for me.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-03 10:50:26

Supposedly, FFIV The After Years is coming out this Friday on WiiWare for Europe. Didn't think it would be this soon considering most games by Square take fucking forever to come out in Europe after North America get them. However, I won't be getting The After Years just yet since I'm occupied with other games right now.

Oh, and FFXIV was announced, but this is another MMORPG like FFXI. Obviously, this will be a game for me to miss out on since I don't like MMORPGs and I hate paying monthly for games (Well, I assume this will also have a monthly fee). It's also said to come out around the same time as FFXIII, which is rather strange. Oh well, get this out of the way and then we can look forward to FFXV. :P

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-04 18:28:49

Bah, just when things start to get interesting on the game, it ends. If I end up playing for millions of story parts for it I'll be pissed.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-10 20:58:30

At 6/3/09 10:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh, and FFXIV was announced, but this is another MMORPG like FFXI.

I'm gonna get it but i can only hope my pc will run it. that or i'll have the money saved up to build a gaming pc by then. i love MMORPGs but never had the chance to play XI. my friend told me all the ups and downs of it since he got it when it came out in japan in 2002. told me it's not worth it this day and age with all the version updates and what not.

dissidia looks nice. the VAs for the english and european versions don't sound all that bad either.

also:

"On May 8, director Takeshi Arakawa and producer Yoshinori Kitase announced that the release date for the Western world would be August 25, 2009, and that it will include a number of tweaks, including re-adjustments in gameplay, new gameplay events, an arcade gameplay mode, a shortened tutorial, new moves for playable characters, and extra cutscenes featuring cameos from several other characters from the main characters' original games that do not appear in the Japanese version"

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-11 00:41:31

Unfortunately I logged so many hours on my old copy of VII, it wore out. But I got a copy of X, so it's all good. Just about to cross the moonflow. Any tips?

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-11 04:41:24

None really that will help. It's not a hard area to traverse. I'd say steal from the monsters here and there, other than that have fun down easy street.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-11 05:04:19

Didn't think it would be hard, but fiends have been known to seemingly crawl out of the woodwork.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature