00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GreenNakamuraGPC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

953,666 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-11 05:07:45

Hey guys, here's my prediction about FFXIII. Hope you like it and appreciate the thought I put into it.

Unreadable if you don's see it in full view.

Final Fantasy Club

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-11 11:56:15

At 6/11/09 05:07 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: Hey guys, here's my prediction about FFXIII. Hope you like it and appreciate the thought I put into it.

Unreadable if you don's see it in full view.

It was crap.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-12 15:36:30

At 6/11/09 11:56 AM, Nev wrote: It was crap.

I concur.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-13 16:38:17

At 6/11/09 05:04 AM, Patton3 wrote: Didn't think it would be hard, but fiends have been known to seemingly crawl out of the woodwork.

Good place to grind though I'll add.

Also, bad comic is bad. It's got a good mocking theme but there isn't enough effort into it. Makes it look like you're a fool.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-13 17:16:48

At 6/13/09 04:38 PM, Kisuke wrote:
At 6/11/09 05:04 AM, Patton3 wrote: Didn't think it would be hard, but fiends have been known to seemingly crawl out of the woodwork.
Good place to grind though I'll add.

I haven't played FFX in a good few years now, and i think it could be time for a re-play. Some good memories from that game. Well good memories from all FF's really.

Also, good to see you around Kisuke. How you been?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-14 02:44:18

At 6/13/09 05:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I haven't played FFX in a good few years now, and i think it could be time for a re-play. Some good memories from that game. Well good memories from all FF's really.

Same here. FF Tactics and IX are still my favorite though.

Also, good to see you around Kisuke. How you been?

Been doing great other than my 360 has finally died after 9 RRoD. I'm gonna get an arcade with a 120 GB. Cheaper than the Pro with only and 80 GB. People are staying off my back, I don't have any women troubles and the road is wide open from here on. B)

Really looking forward for XIII, XIII VS and most defiantly XIV. Though I'm torn between getting XIII for the PS3 or the 360. But for purposes of fandom I believe I'll get XIII for the PS3.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-14 02:46:35

Sup guyz, I've never really been a fan of the actual final fantasy games, but I am a MAJOR fan of the FFTA games on GBA and DS! Mind if I join?

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-14 03:03:08

The more the merrier.

I've never played Tactics Advanced.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-14 08:47:19

At 6/13/09 05:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I haven't played FFX in a good few years now, and i think it could be time for a re-play. Some good memories from that game. Well good memories from all FF's really.

I really need to play FFIX sometime again. Hell, remember around 6 months ago when I was like "Damn, I gotta play FFIX again sometime." Well, here I am and I still haven't got back to it. Then again, it's not really easy when you've bought so many games over the last 6 months. I just wonder how much of the game I've forgotten since I played it.

At 6/14/09 08:11 AM, Xtesh wrote: Hey guys, what's up?

OMG LONG TIME NO SEE

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-14 09:27:56

At 6/14/09 02:44 AM, Kisuke wrote: Same here. FF Tactics and IX are still my favorite though.

Both awesome choices.

Been doing great other than my 360 has finally died after 9 RRoD. I'm gonna get an arcade with a 120 GB. Cheaper than the Pro with only and 80 GB. People are staying off my back, I don't have any women troubles and the road is wide open from here on. B)

I don't have women troubles either now. Well, the only trouble is trying to find a new one on weekends XD

Really looking forward for XIII, XIII VS and most defiantly XIV. Though I'm torn between getting XIII for the PS3 or the 360. But for purposes of fandom I believe I'll get XIII for the PS3.

Aren't we all. Some of the promotional stuff looks awesome. I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 just for that XIII.

At 6/14/09 02:46 AM, ikool wrote: Sup guyz, I've never really been a fan of the actual final fantasy games, but I am a MAJOR fan of the FFTA games on GBA and DS! Mind if I join?

If you liked FFTA you should look into playing the original FFT. You can get the remake for the PSP. It was 100 times better than the advanced games.

D: Where the hell you been man!?

At 6/14/09 08:47 AM, Bahamut wrote: I really need to play FFIX sometime again. Hell, remember around 6 months ago when I was like "Damn, I gotta play FFIX again sometime." Well, here I am and I still haven't got back to it.

Tends to be the case with most of us. I haven't had much time lately, what with moving house and all.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-14 09:48:34

At 6/14/09 02:44 AM, Kisuke wrote: Same here. FF Tactics and IX are still my favorite though.

Both awesome choices.

I don't have women troubles either now. Well, the only trouble is trying to find a new one on weekends XD

Aren't we all. Some of the promotional stuff looks awesome. I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 just for that XIII.

At 6/14/09 02:46 AM, ikool wrote: Sup guyz, I've never really been a fan of the actual final fantasy games, but I am a MAJOR fan of the FFTA games on GBA and DS! Mind if I join?

If you liked FFTA you should look into playing the original FFT. You can get the remake for the PSP. It was 100 times better than the advanced games.

D: Where the hell you been man!?

At 6/14/09 08:47 AM, Bahamut wrote: I really need to play FFIX sometime again. Hell, remember around 6 months ago when I was like "Damn, I gotta play FFIX again sometime." Well, here I am and I still haven't got back to it.

Tends to be the case with most of us. I haven't had much time lately, what with moving house and all.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-15 00:29:49

Wow, I haven't seen you in a long while. Over a year at least I'd say. What's happnin' capn'?

At 6/14/09 08:47 AM, Bahamut wrote: I really need to play FFIX sometime again. Hell, remember around 6 months ago when I was like "Damn, I gotta play FFIX again sometime." Well, here I am and I still haven't got back to it. Then again, it's not really easy when you've bought so many games over the last 6 months. I just wonder how much of the game I've forgotten since I played it.

Well knowing you I'd say... around 10% or so if it's been a really long time. Come to think of it, all of these years I've had it(since it's release date in '99) I have never beaten Ozma. :/ Even though I have a PS3 with all of my PS1 & PS2 data saved on it I can't bring myself to play it on my shitty t.v. I really need to find a VGA cable for it so I can view my games on my computer monitor. It's how I have my 360 set up and man it's something. Cable t.v. on the left, 360 right in front of me and my computer on my right. Beautiful setup if I may say so.

At 6/14/09 09:27 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I don't have women troubles either now. Well, the only trouble is trying to find a new one on weekends XD

LOL! You sly dog. :D People tell me to go to clubs and what not but those are like a 100+ mile round trip. Not to mention the money I'd spend. I'll find a girl who digs playing the vidya and watching animu with me some day. :*(

Someone made a comparison image of the graphics for XIII when it was a PS3 exclusive and after. If they are legit images and not photoshoped then I'll have to cry. I'll try and find that image.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-15 10:29:02

At 6/14/09 09:22 AM, Xtesh wrote:
At 6/14/09 08:47 AM, Bahamut wrote:
OMG LONG TIME NO SEE
Oh come on, it was only a-um... year.

It's been a while. ;_;

At 6/14/09 09:27 AM, Life-Stream wrote:

Well, there are many titles in the franchise, so it's no surprise for us to have some games we haven't touched in a long time. My only concern with my FFIX game is if the first disc still works. It hasn't worked well since I bought it and it won't get any better. It's probably worth buying it again if the disc fails on me whenever I get back to FFIX again.

At 6/14/09 09:48 AM, Life-Stream wrote:

Deja vu. :P

At 6/15/09 12:29 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 6/14/09 08:47 AM, Bahamut wrote: I really need to play FFIX sometime again. Hell, remember around 6 months ago when I was like "Damn, I gotta play FFIX again sometime." Well, here I am and I still haven't got back to it. Then again, it's not really easy when you've bought so many games over the last 6 months. I just wonder how much of the game I've forgotten since I played it.
Well knowing you I'd say... around 10% or so if it's been a really long time.

It's been 3 years, so I've possibly forgotten around 10%. Funny enough, I might be able to remember more of the game after listening to the soundtrack so many times. Whenever I hear a certain track, I'm like "Oh yeah, I remember this being played at so and so."

Come to think of it, all of these years I've had it(since it's release date in '99) I have never beaten Ozma. :/

You're not alone (lol) on this one. Not once I've been able to beat Ozma, but what stops me from succeeding that is how long it takes to reach the highest levels, even with the EXP boost. Next playthough, I gotta persevere. I've beaten Emerald and Ruby, I've beaten FFVIII Omega Weapon, I've beaten all dark aeons (except Penance), I've beaten Penance, but I have not beaten Ozma. I haven't been able to beat Omega and Shinryu in FFV either. :( Kinda amazing to think I've been playing these games for years now and not once I've beaten certain bosses.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-15 20:16:46

At 6/15/09 12:29 AM, Kisuke wrote: LOL! You sly dog. :D People tell me to go to clubs and what not but those are like a 100+ mile round trip. Not to mention the money I'd spend. I'll find a girl who digs playing the vidya and watching animu with me some day. :*(

Where do you live? The closest clubs are 50 miles away? Also, goodluck on finding a girl like that - would be awesome to find someone who likes the exact same stuff as you.

Someone made a comparison image of the graphics for XIII when it was a PS3 exclusive and after. If they are legit images and not photoshoped then I'll have to cry. I'll try and find that image.

Did it get alot worse?

At 6/15/09 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: My only concern with my FFIX game is if the first disc still works. It hasn't worked well since I bought it and it won't get any better. It's probably worth buying it again if the disc fails on me whenever I get back to FFIX again.

It's worse for me. I think my Disc 3 was a bit dodgy and wouldn't get past the cutscene where Dagger cuts her hair. It would be a bitch to play through 80% of the game to get stuck there again >:(

You're not alone (lol) on this one. Not once I've been able to beat Ozma, but what stops me from succeeding that is how long it takes to reach the highest levels, even with the EXP boost. Next playthough, I gotta persevere. I've beaten Emerald and Ruby, I've beaten FFVIII Omega Weapon, I've beaten all dark aeons (except Penance), I've beaten Penance, but I have not beaten Ozma. I haven't been able to beat Omega and Shinryu in FFV either. :( Kinda amazing to think I've been playing these games for years now and not once I've beaten certain bosses.

Funny you guys should say that, cos i've beat Ozma. I actually found him kinda easy in comparison to Other super-bosses like Ruby or the dark aeons o_O

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 01:03:15

At 6/15/09 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's been 3 years, so I've possibly forgotten around 10%. Funny enough, I might be able to remember more of the game after listening to the soundtrack so many times. Whenever I hear a certain track, I'm like "Oh yeah, I remember this being played at so and so."

That's the way how I am, especially when it comes to Tactics, X & VII. Hell, all of the Final Fantasies I've played and possibly most to all of the games I've played too. Music recognition is one of my strongest talents.[if it can even be called that]

GREAT song IMHO. :D I never got to Ozma and the highest I got anyone was Zidane and he is around mid 80's I think. I NEVER beat Ruby for the sheer fact that regar[goes to typing mode...]less of when you start the battle with him and you have only one character alive. Even when you revive them a few turns after the battle starts he can still use quick sand to take two out even with both of his claws in the sand. People have told me to use Hades I never played the game after my run of it in 2001. But I'm pretty sure I could still tell you just about every line in that game and where to find every item, summon, materia, etc... Yeah, probably everything. Even what item each monster carries. I ran that damn game into the GROUND and STILL to this day cannot beat Ruby.

With X, I never bothered to MAX out my characters or go through and get everyones ultimate weapons/armours. The monster arena I never did either. But I could still probably tell you most of the things about that game. That and what it bitch it was trying to chase/catch those butterflies in the forest. Damn, what a pain.

VIII I didn't even bother to make holy wars.

3 Hero Trials = 1 Hero Drink
3 Hero Drinks = 1 Holy Trial
3 Holy Trials = 1 Holy War

And it takes around 9 or so Holy Wars to beat Omega? BWAHA!~ I beat Ultima by luck with Squalls limit break but that too me 9 tries at level 66 or so. Squall, Selphie and Zell were my main. Rhinoa, pfft... to hells with her, TO HELLS.

Still should play XII but man, I don't want to untill I get a VGA cable for my PS3 or a better tv.

At 6/15/09 08:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Where do you live? The closest clubs are 50 miles away? Also, goodluck on finding a girl like that - would be awesome to find someone who likes the exact same stuff as you.

I live in Jasper, Pickens County. State: Georgia. We had one but it turned into a gay club[ROFFLE NO>: ( ] and shortly after closed down. There are a few bars around here[like 8 and 5 liquor stores in a 10 mile radius]but the only girls there are floozies and I don't really care for floozies. Not to mention there are way too many drunken rednecks who want to fight you for talking to their girl or if you look at them the wrong way. This town is the pissing pot of North Georgia it seems...

I hear you. I had a girl like that but she said I was more of a brother to her. I guess it was because her and my sister are best friends and sister like towards eachother but eh, I'm sure I'll find one if I leave this town and go elsewhere.

Did it get alot worse?

Looked like Shadow of the Colossus graphics for the in game and not the cut scenes. But I'm sure that the 360 and PS3 versions will be much different graphics wise. The developers for XIII said that it will use 100 percent of the PS3s power so that is good news. A lot of the audio and fine touches on the game might get left out of the 360s version since it uses DVDs [possibly dual layered] but even then a dual layer DVD is only 11gigs and a bluray is 50 gigs per disk.

Funny you guys should say that, cos i've beat Ozma. I actually found him kinda easy in comparison to Other super-bosses like Ruby or the dark aeons o_O

I wish I had the PAL version of X so I could fight the dark aeons. You and Bahamut are lucky. :/

At 6/15/09 11:00 PM, Xtesh wrote: I've just been playing Lost Odyssey and looking for a job to pay off some debts I have.

Great game. I'm on the third disk but my 360 is fucked right now. Gonna get an arcade and 120gb so I can put some of my games on the hard drive like Halo.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 01:05:11

At 6/15/09 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's been 3 years, so I've possibly forgotten around 10%. Funny enough, I might be able to remember more of the game after listening to the soundtrack so many times. Whenever I hear a certain track, I'm like "Oh yeah, I remember this being played at so and so."

That's the way how I am, especially when it comes to Tactics, X & VII. Hell, all of the Final Fantasies I've played and possibly most to all of the games I've played too. Music recognition is one of my strongest talents.[if it can even be called that]

GREAT song IMHO. :D I never got to Ozma and the highest I got anyone was Zidane and he is around mid 80's I think. I NEVER beat Ruby for the sheer fact that regar[goes to typing mode...]less of when you start the battle with him and you have only one character alive. Even when you revive them a few turns after the battle starts he can still use quick sand to take two out even with both of his claws in the sand. People have told me to use Hades I never played the game after my run of it in 2001. But I'm pretty sure I could still tell you just about every line in that game and where to find every item, summon, materia, etc... Yeah, probably everything. Even what item each monster carries. I ran that damn game into the GROUND and STILL to this day cannot beat Ruby.

With X, I never bothered to MAX out my characters or go through and get everyones ultimate weapons/armours. The monster arena I never did either. But I could still probably tell you most of the things about that game. That and what it bitch it was trying to chase/catch those butterflies in the forest. Damn, what a pain.

VIII I didn't even bother to make holy wars.

3 Hero Trials = 1 Hero Drink
3 Hero Drinks = 1 Holy Trial
3 Holy Trials = 1 Holy War

And it takes around 9 or so Holy Wars to beat Omega? BWAHA!~ I beat Ultima by luck with Squalls limit break but that too me 9 tries at level 66 or so. Squall, Selphie and Zell were my main. Rhinoa, pfft... to hells with her, TO HELLS.

Still should play XII but man, I don't want to untill I get a VGA cable for my PS3 or a better tv.

At 6/15/09 08:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Where do you live? The closest clubs are 50 miles away? Also, goodluck on finding a girl like that - would be awesome to find someone who likes the exact same stuff as you.

I live in Jasper, Pickens County. State: Georgia. We had one but it turned into a gay club[ROFFLE NO>: ( ] and shortly after closed down. There are a few bars around here[like 8 and 5 liquor stores in a 10 mile radius]but the only girls there are floozies and I don't really care for floozies. Not to mention there are way too many drunken rednecks who want to fight you for talking to their girl or if you look at them the wrong way. This town is the pissing pot of North Georgia it seems...

I hear you. I had a girl like that but she said I was more of a brother to her. I guess it was because her and my sister are best friends and sister like towards eachother but eh, I'm sure I'll find one if I leave this town and go elsewhere.

Did it get alot worse?

Looked like Shadow of the Colossus graphics for the in game and not the cut scenes. But I'm sure that the 360 and PS3 versions will be much different graphics wise. The developers for XIII said that it will use 100 percent of the PS3s power so that is good news. A lot of the audio and fine touches on the game might get left out of the 360s version since it uses DVDs [possibly dual layered] but even then a dual layer DVD is only 11gigs and a bluray is 50 gigs per disk.

I wish I had the PAL version of X so I could fight the dark aeons. You and Bahamut are lucky. :/

At 6/15/09 11:00 PM, Xtesh wrote: I've just been playing Lost Odyssey and looking for a job to pay off some debts I have.

Great game. I'm on the third disk but my 360 is fucked right now. Gonna get an arcade and 120gb so I can put some of my games on the hard drive like Halo.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 04:56:23

At 6/16/09 01:03 AM, Kisuke wrote: And it takes around 9 or so Holy Wars to beat Omega? BWAHA!~ I beat Ultima by luck with Squalls limit break but that too me 9 tries at level 66 or so. Squall, Selphie and Zell were my main. Rhinoa, pfft... to hells with her, TO HELLS.

I did manage to kill Omega and Ultime in FFVIII, but like you, i still haven't beat Ruby :(
Ruby is the only monster in FFVII i haven't beat GRRR...

Haven't you played it yet? It's a good play, and even though it's in the awesome world of Ivalice, the story wasn't on par with other FF's like VII or IX.

Pff, sucks for you i guess. I live in quite a small village right now, but there are quite alot of bars in it, and when they close at about 2am the closest night clubs are about 7-8 minutes a way in car, so it's not too bar :D

Yeah, there's plenty more fish in the sea, right?

A lot of the audio and fine touches on the game might get left out of the 360s version since it uses DVDs [possibly dual layered] but even then a dual layer DVD is only 11gigs and a bluray is 50 gigs per disk.

Good job i'm gonna get the PS3 then.

They brought out a latter version of FFX: FFX International if i remember correctly. It was basically the same but had the dark aeons - for you lot in the state and the Japanese who didn't get them originally.

Well, good to have you back atleast. Don't do another disappearing act!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 09:30:23

At 6/15/09 08:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 6/15/09 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: My only concern with my FFIX game is if the first disc still works. It hasn't worked well since I bought it and it won't get any better. It's probably worth buying it again if the disc fails on me whenever I get back to FFIX again.
It's worse for me. I think my Disc 3 was a bit dodgy and wouldn't get past the cutscene where Dagger cuts her hair. It would be a bitch to play through 80% of the game to get stuck there again >:(

Ack, that is indeed bad. At least for me, I'll know when it's definitely time to get a better condition game.

Really now? o_O He seemed trickier to me due to the ability system in the game. Not that it was bad or anything, but you couldn't go and set all abilities on due to the limitations you have.

I've heard mixed reception for this game. Is it a game you'd recommend to me if I ever got a 360?

At 6/16/09 01:03 AM, Kisuke wrote: Music recognition is one of my strongest talents.[if it can even be called that]

Haha, that's one of my talents as well. :) I'm really good at recognising almost every Nobuo FF track ever made and I can recognise a lot of metal songs. :D

At 6/15/09 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: You're not alone (lol) on this one. (snip)
GREAT song IMHO. :D

Indeed, it's so great, it got to #2 on my top 50 FF tracks. I'm afraid it was beaten by one track, but I couldn't resist.

With X, I never bothered to MAX out my characters or go through and get everyones ultimate weapons/armours.

I spent a fair amount of time trying to get better stats for my main three characters in FFX. I don't think I got 255 for all except luck, but I thought they were good enough to take on Penance.

On the other hand, we're really unlucky for missing out on a lot of great non-FF RPG titles. We only got Chrono Trigger this year and there are other RPGs I want to get, but haven't been released in Europe. :(

At 6/16/09 04:56 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Ruby is the only monster in FFVII i haven't beat GRRR...

That's odd, I keep forgetting how I manage to beat Ruby every time. o_O I believe I've beaten him three times now.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 11:44:01

At 6/16/09 01:03 AM, Kisuke wrote: And it takes around 9 or so Holy Wars to beat Omega?

Does it? I swear my mate did it with about 2 or 3 and some Lionhearts.

And on the topic of superbosses, I've only ever beaten Penance (and all the Dark Aeons obviously and the Monster Arena folks.
And if Ultimate Weapon from VIII counts, then him too. But he was easy.

I beat Emerald using cheats, but never legit. Never beat Ruby. Never tried to beat Omega (but my mate did) and don't even know how you fight Ozma.

I really like IX though, so I should give Ozma a crack. I'd like to master the card game too.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 19:13:18

At 6/16/09 11:44 AM, Nev wrote: I beat Emerald using cheats, but never legit. Never beat Ruby. Never tried to beat Omega (but my mate did) and don't even know how you fight Ozma.

Omega is the strongest monster in VIII and you said you beat him. There wasn't an Omega in VII. The only other weapon you could optionally kill, and was the easiest of the 3, was Ultima.

Unless you're talking about the Omega from XII?

I really like IX though, so I should give Ozma a crack. I'd like to master the card game too.

Triple Triad > Tetra Master, IMHO. Tetra Master was a bit too confusing sometimes with all the physical & magical attack and defense and all that >:( Triple Triad was simple yet challenging.....untill you got loads of awesome cards.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 19:18:17

At 6/16/09 07:13 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Omega is the strongest monster in VIII and you said you beat him. There wasn't an Omega in VII. The only other weapon you could optionally kill, and was the easiest of the 3, was Ultima.

No, I said my mate did.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-16 20:34:10

At 6/16/09 07:18 PM, Nev wrote: No, I said my mate did.

Right you are.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-17 04:37:12

At 6/16/09 11:52 PM, Xtesh wrote: I still cannot believe how sad Lirum's death was.

I haven't played that game, nor i know who Lirum is, but was it sadder than Aeris' death?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-17 10:57:32

At 6/17/09 04:37 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I haven't played that game, nor i know who Lirum is, but was it sadder than Aeris' death?

It's weird that Aeris's death remains the saddest moment in my video game memory. Why hasn't anything topped that for me?

Maybe it's because I was young and innocent when it happened. Maybe my emotions have hardened, and I've become an empty husk of a person.

Great scene, though. The music playing through the battle with Jenova (alongside the fact that you couldn't die if you had that armlet on) was really a great touch.

Oh, by the way, I'm in your club now. I've joined. This is me joining, and I will assume that you have accepted me, because I am that way.

Lysithea, at your service.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-17 11:19:35

Solid Snake (sorta dying) is way sadder than Aeris dying.
Aeris was fucking useless.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-17 19:42:20

At 6/17/09 10:57 AM, Lysithea wrote: Great scene, though. The music playing through the battle with Jenova (alongside the fact that you couldn't die if you had that armlet on) was really a great touch.

That was gaming at it's best.

Oh, by the way, I'm in your club now. I've joined. This is me joining, and I will assume that you have accepted me, because I am that way.

Welcome :D

At 6/17/09 11:19 AM, Nev wrote: Solid Snake (sorta dying) is way sadder than Aeris dying.
Aeris was fucking useless.

Yeah but Aeris had tits so it's 20x sadder >:(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-18 10:45:35

On the topic of the card games, I much prefer Triple Triad since the rules were properly explained, unlike Tetra Master. The only thing I didn't like about Triple Triad was the Plus rules. I could never understand the Plus rule. Tetra Master, when a summon card such as Bahamut is beaten by a common card, you know something is terribly wrong with the game.

As for Aeris' death, I don't care what you think, I still found that moment to be very sad.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-18 15:04:04

Tetra Master was inferior, but thats why I want to master it.
Triple Triad is just too easy for me now.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-18 18:52:05

At 6/18/09 10:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: On the topic of the card games, I much prefer Triple Triad since the rules were properly explained, unlike Tetra Master. The only thing I didn't like about Triple Triad was the Plus rules. I could never understand the Plus rule. Tetra Master, when a summon card such as Bahamut is beaten by a common card, you know something is terribly wrong with the game.

Also, as far as I could tell, Tetra Master had no benefit to the game.

You could play it a lot and you'd get nothing.

With FFVIII you could get that ability and convert your cards into things that you need.

Of course I didn't know that when I first played it, and fighting the last boss with no Holy Wars is a long and gruelling process.

With Holy Wars, however, you can beat Omega Weapon piss easy.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-06-18 19:33:05

At 6/18/09 10:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: On the topic of the card games, I much prefer Triple Triad since the rules were properly explained, unlike Tetra Master. The only thing I didn't like about Triple Triad was the Plus rules. I could never understand the Plus rule.

The plus rule was easy to understand imo. You could get some good combos if you thought about it hard enough :P

As for Aeris' death, I don't care what you think, I still found that moment to be very sad.

Saddest video game moment for me ever :(

At 6/18/09 03:04 PM, Nev wrote: Tetra Master was inferior, but thats why I want to master it.
Triple Triad is just too easy for me now.

It wasn't so easy when you had to play someone with the random card rule and you get 5 shitty cards >:(

At 6/18/09 06:52 PM, Aigis wrote: Of course I didn't know that when I first played it, and fighting the last boss with no Holy Wars is a long and gruelling process.

I never used holy wars on Ultimecia/Greiver. They weren't that strong to be honest.
Omega weapon is a different story though.