00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tshtsh17 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

953,561 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-05 11:21:12

At 10/5/10 08:05 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I always thought he looks pretty cool. I like his coat and obviously the gunblade looks badass :D

so does most FF fans, myself included.

Well they obviously dissapear, cos you can't get them again. But....no need to worry right....you got a flying garden. And you get something even better later.

too bad Balamb Garden is a piece of shit airship.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-05 11:58:39

At 10/5/10 11:21 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote: too bad Balamb Garden is a piece of shit airship.

Damn right! Seeing Balamb Garden becoming an airship was one of the worst moments of FFVIII and the fact that you had to use it for most of disc 2 and 3 was painful. I wanted to stay away from Balamb Garden as much as I could.

Worst airship ever!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-05 14:21:46

At 10/5/10 11:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wanted to stay away from Balamb Garden as much as I could.

me too, except i hated almost EVERYTHING about Balamb Garden, not just the airship. the fact that it is a mercenary school is kinda lame to me. also, even though i've never hated any of Nobuo's music, the theme that played in the schoolgrounds in the first disc was so repetitive and lame, that it was boring to be there.
if Balamb Garden wasn't in the game at all, it would've been waaaay better for me.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-06 19:32:03

I actually thought the Gardens were pretty damn cool. Ok so it was a bit wierd how they made it able to fly, but i thought it was a pretty good idea. They did waste quite alot of space in it though. Like a whole section for car park that you couldn't go in. And some other shitty areas.

Music WAS damn repetitive as someone mentioned. And i thought Galbadia garden looked actually kinda cooler :/
Shame about Tribia garden :(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-07 20:28:14

At 10/7/10 05:43 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: What, now I'm trying to go back in time? Time compression? Some new bitch named Ultimecia? The fuck is going on?

yeah, most stuff you'll do now is related to time travelling.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-08 12:17:14

At 10/7/10 10:30 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Some enemy that looks like a jaguar with a long purple moustache keeps spawning FUCKING EVERYWHERE and killing my party in 1 hit with Lvl 5 Death.

i think that's a Couerl. yeah, those enemies are always pretty annoying.

Now I have to go all the way back before I junctioned everybody and got Rinoa out of the fucking memorial building.

sucks to be you lol.
nah, just kidding. just try to kill them quickly or something.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-08 14:21:15

At 10/7/10 10:30 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I mean, it literally came out of NOWHERE. And it was TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.

A little late now, but if you're gaining skills on Diablos you'll eventually learn an effect that makes you never run into a random battle. Can't remember if there are more enemies with BS moves like that later on, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-08 17:03:09

At 10/7/10 05:43 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: What, now I'm trying to go back in time? Time compression? Some new bitch named Ultimecia?

You know.

Some people haven't played Final Fantasy VIII.

You probably shouldn't be shouting out all these spoilers at every single point of the game.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-08 17:17:55

At 10/8/10 05:13 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 10/8/10 05:03 PM, Aigis wrote: Some people haven't played Final Fantasy VIII.
Some people haven't played VII and yet there is still mention of Aeris dying, so who cares?

Perhaps, but that's the only common knowledge Final Fantasy event. That doesn't give you free reign to spoil whatever you want. Nobody should be going around spoiling any other FFVII plot points, and nothing in FFVIII has reached such a 'you should know this already' status as Aeris dying.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-08 18:22:40

So I actually haven't really played much Final Fantasy up until recently. I got FF1 and 2 on my iPod, and they are both awesome. I just don't understand why they took out the leveling system in FF2, and the chose of classes. They also made the "character images" look stupid in FF2. Still, makes me want to play a more current gen Final Fantasy.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-08 22:18:46

At 10/8/10 05:46 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Okay, fine. I admit that I DID shout out a spoiler or two, but how else am I supposed to chronicle my adventures through the games? Obviously not by blatantly saying so-and-so dies but I at least have to give an overview of what's happening and my thoughts surrounding it. And don't say that belongs in my blog either.

At the very least mark your spoilers clearly.

If somethings sounds like it could be a spoiler, it's probably a spoiler. So just do something like:

"I'm halfway through disc 2 and...

SPOILER ALERT

I'm up to the part where I have to rescue so-and-so" or whatever.

It might even be better if you mark such spoilers like this:

SPOILER ALERT

Joe Bloggs has just died.

It's common courtesy.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-09 06:40:26

At 10/8/10 06:46 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 10/8/10 06:22 PM, Makeshift wrote: They also made the "character images" look stupid in FF2.
Lol the term is "sprite". And I agree, FF2 was actually one of, if not the, worst in the entire series.

Well, it's the one Final Fantasy game I couldn't stand AT ALL and this is coming from someone who's played through FFX-2 TWICE! So yeah, you know it's got to be bad if I say it's worse than X-2.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-09 12:10:34

At 10/9/10 06:40 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, it's the one Final Fantasy game I couldn't stand AT ALL

There's a lot of going back and worth in it, which I don't like. Right now I'm also in a place called Semitt Falls, and it gives you three doors. If you pick the wrong door, you enter a room where every movement you make triggers a fight. This three-door thing comes up quite a few times in this cave. It's goddamn annoying.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-11 18:19:30

I have a serious urge to start IX myself again since I've been listening to the soundtrack a bit.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-11 19:10:38

At 10/11/10 06:19 PM, Nev wrote: I have a serious urge to start IX myself again since I've been listening to the soundtrack a bit.

so...? what's stopping you?
also, should i buy FFI and II? i saw them in a store yesterday, but didn't have the money at the time.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-11 19:13:49

At 10/11/10 07:10 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: so...? what's stopping you?
also, should i buy FFI and II? i saw them in a store yesterday, but didn't have the money at the time.

Fifa 11, Killzone 2.
Final Fantasys are massive time sinks.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-13 12:54:28

No wonder FFXIV seemed to have come out rather quickly.

At 10/11/10 06:19 PM, Nev wrote: I have a serious urge to start IX myself again since I've been listening to the soundtrack a bit.

Go for it. You may have FIFA 11 to play but FFIX deserves higher priority. Maybe I'm just saying that because I don't like FIFA but come on, it's fucking FFIX! I'd give the game another spin right now but I already did so earlier this year.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-13 13:00:07

I am willing to join as

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-13 13:03:53

At 10/13/10 01:00 PM, LordKoopa wrote: I am willing to join as

okay then. have fun!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-14 18:39:08

graaaa...hey guys, do you know anywhere on the Internet where i can find FFVII by less than 50 dollars? i've searched Amazon, but only used ones go for less than that, so i'm not so sure about these.
50 dollars because that's 100 bucks here in Brazil, and because of shipping 'n stuff.
also, during my search i found some FF discs with a green bar on the side saying "Greatest Hits". does that mean it's only the music for the game? i really want to be sure.

P.S.: WHY THE HELL FFVII COSTS 150+ DOLLARS EVERYWHERE I SEARCH?! i know it's a legendary game but come on, this is bullshit.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-14 18:52:32

At 10/13/10 12:54 PM, Bahamut wrote: No wonder FFXIV seemed to have come out rather quickly.

FFXIV is awesome the gameplay is great and parties are fun and the character customization is NON STOP.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-15 08:02:24

At 10/14/10 08:59 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Hey guys. Over in Atlanta over here, and itching to play more of FFIX when I get home. I've also started thinking...is FFXI or FFXIV good? My experience with MMOs is slim (A few weeks of City of Heroes which I hated because of the shitty community). I've heard XIV is better than XI and some say the opposite. I'm willing to overlook the name-changing as long as it's good. Is it user-friendly? How's the community? Give me an in-depth analysis if you can.

yeah FFXIV is great and so is FFXI but with FFXI they have had all there expansions and what now so you can jump right in but I reccomend FFXIV the graphics are better the character customizations 30X more in depth than FFXI and and its a lot more party based and fighting can sometimes be so strategic you have to reallocate your skill skill points to beat a monster with a certain job. and the community is great in both games very helpful people

if you go to:
FFXI: go to the Siren server its where the Elitists are
FFXIV: go to either Besaid Trabia or Wutai

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-15 12:54:49

At 10/14/10 06:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 10/13/10 12:54 PM, Bahamut wrote: No wonder FFXIV seemed to have come out rather quickly.
FFXIV is awesome the gameplay is great and parties are fun and the character customization is NON STOP.

From the looks of it, it's not worth a monthly subscription fee at all, especially when their environments are more repetitive than the caves in Oblivion. That game may have had flaws but it has a good enough fun value and doesn't require monthly fees. I take it walking through these fields is required to get to mandatory places in the game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-16 12:59:10

14 sounds to open to me really, I am a wow fan when it comes to mmos but I like to play other online games to, but similar to my rpg liking I prefer playing games with static roles, the white mage the black mage the guy with the really big sword etc. I am not a fan of the games that say you can be anything make your white mage carry a huge axe etc, it kind of ruins the role of the rpg its like you are just playing people with different names rather than characters.

Also I read up Bahamut, dont like FF2! Well im not a big fan of FF2 but I did play it through to the end once I loved the leveling system thing I think its worth at least 1 play through.

Also hey crew, might not post much but I am a FF fan so hi.
I personally like FF8 most then I like 9 7 4 10 6 5 12 in roughly that order, I never really liked 1 or 10-2 tried playing a few times and game up soon after start. I tried 13 got right to the end then died to to doom timer on last boss, it sucks not having a Sab but I'd be damned if I have to take Vannile I prefer Hope.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-16 13:07:19

At 10/9/10 05:28 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I have finished VIII.

It took me a long time to finish the final dungeon, and an even longer time to beat Omega Weapon (Christ, over a million HP and his attacks are incredibly fast), but I persevered until the final boss which was ultimately lame. (See what I did there?) The ending was weird at first, then like some kind of acid trip, and then it became a little creepy. I was honestly expecting more hints of...

Made me think of this But yes without that stupidly op limit break it did take some time killing, if you get lucky with lionheart and either Irvine Rinoa or Zell it can be quite quick with some lucky op moves.
Oh also if you have Selphie she can 1 shot Omega Weapon with "the end" limit but you need to be stupidly lucky, but it is stupidly cheap also Omega deserves more.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-18 00:43:21

At 10/16/10 12:59 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I personally like FF8 most then I like 9 7 4 10 6 5 12 in roughly that order, I never really liked 1

You never liked 1? I'm playing through it for the first time so I hope it doesn't suck. Not getting anywhere for the moment just grinding up to a high level before I venture.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-18 04:45:43

OK,I finished final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,tactics a2 (grimoire of the rift) and am working on 7.(all with emulators).
I also beat chrono trigger (and for the DS too) which is similar to final fantasy.%u017E

Im so joining this club

A signature? here? I see no purpose.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-19 03:52:40

At 10/18/10 12:43 AM, X1SephX wrote:
At 10/16/10 12:59 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I personally like FF8 most then I like 9 7 4 10 6 5 12 in roughly that order, I never really liked 1
You never liked 1? I'm playing through it for the first time so I hope it doesn't suck. Not getting anywhere for the moment just grinding up to a high level before I venture.

I was just never able to enjoy it, I've watched a longplay of the game and it does look similar to the others, just for some reason I can't stand playing it for more than 2 hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-19 04:44:08

Oh,and i believe that blaze heatnix belongs in the megaman club,not here.
TIP:never name your profile after a game character or people will start guessing the wrong stuff about you.

Final Fantasy Club

A signature? here? I see no purpose.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-10-19 09:27:24

At 10/19/10 04:14 AM, SSIICCOO wrote: To play FINAL FANTASY 1 on your computer follow these simple steps.
1-download no$gba emulator (no$gba being the actual name of the emulator).

don't use emulators son. if you want the game, go buy it.

At 10/19/10 04:44 AM, SSIICCOO wrote: Oh,and i believe that blaze heatnix belongs in the megaman club,not here.
TIP:never name your profile after a game character or people will start guessing the wrong stuff about you.

so what? can't he have two favorite games? just because he has a megaman name it doesn't mean he can't be in here. he DOES play FF after all. and so what about the name? he can choose whatever he pleases.
you've got a long way to go, kid.