00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maxbombolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

771,043 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-18 02:26:31

At 7/17/11 06:45 PM, Coop wrote: We're still top of the league!

I will never understand cricket, but yay!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-18 03:11:35

At 7/18/11 02:26 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 7/17/11 06:45 PM, Coop wrote: We're still top of the league!
I will never understand cricket, but yay!

A cricket crawled on my head while I was sleeping once

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-18 05:46:55

At 7/14/11 12:46 AM, Lotus wrote: I am currently rank 666 in B/P points..

Crazy! :p
Lost so many ranks. >.<

I've been slacking recently, I'm hardly depositing or B/Ping. I'm still on course for level 30 by December if I pick it up though. Not so sure about reaching Lieutenant now though.

It's been raining since yesterday and it's still going right now. At least I have gymnastics tonight. The club themselves have taken it over from the council so it's back to paying on the door again which is loads better.

Also, I hit 2000 trophies on my PS3 recently. In Xbox speak that's a good bit over 80,000G I think.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-18 10:07:40

At 7/18/11 05:46 AM, Quinny wrote: I've been slacking recently, I'm hardly depositing or B/Ping.

Join the club dude. I'm trying to get as much B/P as I can but I'm still without a laptop so its getting pretty hard to get online. Last year I had like an 85% deposit rate, this year I'll be lucky if I get 40%.

I'm still on course for level 30 by December if I pick it up though. Not so sure about reaching Lieutenant now though.

I think that at my current rate I'll be a level 20-21 by the end of january (for my second Newgrounds stats report) and probibly a private first class or the one above that, if I really get my head down and bugger off college work.

Maybe not the best idea.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-18 10:35:21

At 7/18/11 05:46 AM, Quinny wrote: Also, I hit 2000 trophies on my PS3 recently. In Xbox speak that's a good bit over 80,000G I think.

I got my PS3 almost a week ago and I've only managed 7 trophies...mind recommending a game or 3 I should grab? Just gave Castle Crashers a try and that's already a definite download for me.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-18 10:36:21

At 7/18/11 10:35 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:

Also, forgot to say congratulations.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-19 17:05:55

At 7/18/11 05:46 AM, Quinny wrote: Also, I hit 2000 trophies on my PS3 recently. In Xbox speak that's a good bit over 80,000G I think.

Oh damn. I have 10,000G on my XBOX and I thought that was good..

But right now it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and I have a soccer game in 2 hours. Sometimes I wish I had chose to do absolutely nothing in college. Life would be so much easier.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-22 12:40:38

Wow, I never thought that listening to the cricket could be so much fun.

While interviewing Lily Cooper (nee Allen), Test Match Special Commentator, Jonathan Agnew said "I must really admire your mound", while referring Lily's pregnancy bump.

Oh, how I needed that laugh in the office today.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-24 21:30:02

At 7/18/11 10:35 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I got my PS3 almost a week ago and I've only managed 7 trophies...mind recommending a game or 3 I should grab? Just gave Castle Crashers a try and that's already a definite download for me.

Go to metacritic and knock yourself out. Or you can just get whatever takes your fancy, it's entirely up to you. I definitely would reccommend Terminator Salvation though, shouldn't take any longer than 5 hours to complete on hard so a very easy platinum. Incase you don't know, you only get that after you earn every other trophy in the game.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 00:08:41

I can become a Regular if you want :)

What do you guys wanna talk about??

It's 1AM here, I'll sleep now, hope (today) tomorrow we can have a talk :D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 06:15:20

At 7/24/11 09:30 PM, Quinny wrote: I definitely would reccommend Terminator Salvation, a very easy platinum.

Is this what people go for in games these days?

Jesus wept

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 07:23:53

At 7/24/11 09:30 PM, Quinny wrote: Go to metacritic and knock yourself out.

I stopped relying on Metacritic the moment I enjoyed Serious Sam: The First Encounter and only saw it with a 68% rating. Maybe it's just a HD remake but I had tons of fun with that game, especially for having a higher difficultly than most of the FPS games I've played. My favourite moment in that game had to be the Kleer onslaught.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 08:53:59

At 7/14/11 09:21 AM, NEVR wrote: This thread is like one of those long-lost relatives that only seems to turn up on your doorstep when it needs money for crack. You love it despite everything, but it soon becomes apparent that the best course of action might be to cut it loose.

I think C&C forum should be underneath General.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 08:55:03

At 7/25/11 07:23 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/24/11 09:30 PM, Quinny wrote: Serious Sam: The First Encounter with a 68% rating.

I'm sorry mods but I need a post which is dedicated to expressing my disbelief for the aforementioned statement.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 09:23:18

At 7/25/11 06:15 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Is this what people go for in games these days?

Jesus wept

Unfortunately yes. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people though, I know of people that have bought Hannah Montana and other stupid kids games just for the trophies. Hearing that ping sound when you get one is pretty awesome though :3

YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOME TIME LEO, YOU MIGHT EVEN LIKE IT

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-25 12:31:00

At 7/25/11 09:23 AM, Quinny wrote:
At 7/25/11 06:15 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Is this what people go for in games these days?

Jesus wept
Unfortunately yes. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people though, I know of people that have bought Hannah Montana and other stupid kids games just for the trophies. Hearing that ping sound when you get one is pretty awesome though :3

Me too, but, instead for PS3, it's for X360 (wich for me, is better than PS3, just my opinion). If I had an X360, I'd definately buy only interesting games, of course, I'd get as many achievements as possible, but I wouldn't be an achievement whore. It's not a fucking competition.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-26 14:43:43

At 7/25/11 12:31 PM, RogerBK wrote: Me too, but, instead for PS3, it's for X360 (wich for me, is better than PS3, just my opinion).

Hey, you looking to start something pal? Don't even think about it.

It's not a fucking competition.

Tell that to the people that frequent the achievement and trophy leaderboards in videa gaem forum.

Had Chinese for lunch today, was awesome and stuff.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-26 15:18:41

At 7/25/11 12:31 PM, RogerBK wrote: Me too, but, instead for PS3, it's for X360 (wich for me, is better than PS3, just my opinion)

Except for when your XBOX 360 BREAKS :''''((

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-26 15:32:55

Don't start stupid fanboy wars over VIDEO GAME CONSOLES, you fucking losers.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-26 19:23:49

At 7/26/11 03:32 PM, NEVR wrote: Don't start stupid fanboy wars over VIDEO GAME CONSOLES, you fucking losers.

omfg u cant lyek the wii it haz no hd plus HALO OMFGBBQ BROS!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-26 22:40:01

At 7/26/11 02:43 PM, Quinny wrote:
At 7/25/11 12:31 PM, RogerBK wrote: Me too, but, instead for PS3, it's for X360 (wich for me, is better than PS3, just my opinion).
Hey, you looking to start something pal? Don't even think about it.

Haha, no dude, just telling you my opinion and what I'd pick if I had enough money :(

It's not a fucking competition.
Tell that to the people that frequent the achievement and trophy leaderboards in videa gaem forum.

Yeah, I think all these achievement stuff is pretty awesome, and it seems to be even more awesome if you have a lot of friends who play the same console than you, and you can eventually challenge them to see who get's more achievements. Of course, not putting it in the first place of things to do in your life. :D

Had Chinese for lunch today, was awesome and stuff.

Chinese food is fucking awesome. I love food from different countries. Chinese food, is my 2nd favorite kind of food. Mexican is the first :D

Here in my town in Brazil, people are not open-minded to eat different food and taste different flavors. They're rednecks, rednecks don't like changes. When I say I like Japanese food people just look at me like: "Whaaat??". It makes me mad sometimes. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 06:53:46

At 7/26/11 10:40 PM, RogerBK wrote: Chinese food is fucking awesome. I love food from different countries. Chinese food, is my 2nd favorite kind of food. Mexican is the first :D

Chinese and Italian for me. Nothing better than a Sunday roast though.

Here in my town in Brazil, people are not open-minded to eat different food and taste different flavors. They're rednecks, rednecks don't like changes. When I say I like Japanese food people just look at me like: "Whaaat??". It makes me mad sometimes. :(

There's a Japanese restaurant in my town, it's really nice but I hardly ever see anyone in it. The Chinese though always has plenty of people in. Mostly because it's right in the middle so it's in plain sight.

Food easily beats games in my list of favourite things to chat about.

Buh, peckish now...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 14:33:39

At 7/27/11 06:53 AM, Quinny wrote:
At 7/26/11 10:40 PM, RogerBK wrote: Chinese food is fucking awesome. I love food from different countries. Chinese food, is my 2nd favorite kind of food. Mexican is the first :D

If on the off chance you're ever driving through Cedar Rapids, Iowa (longshot here) and you're in the mood for Chinese food, they have a restaurant called Metro Buffet which is by far the best Chinese buffet I have ever eaten at. It's very inexpensive, and the food is all such great quality and tastes soo good. It's soc much better than all those crappy takeout places that I normally get Chinese from.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 16:11:31

At 7/27/11 06:53 AM, Quinny wrote:

As my mother's family is Italian, we eat Italian food almost EVERY weekend. I'm not a great fan of it, but it's pretty good... But I prefer Chinese

There's a Japanese restaurant in my town, it's really nice but I hardly ever see anyone in it. The Chinese though always has plenty of people in. Mostly because it's right in the middle so it's in plain sight.

Too bad here we only have a Chinese restaurant (wich is fucking dirty, I have a friend who found a fucking insect in the middle of his food.) I'd love to eat Japanese food here.

Food easily beats games in my list of favourite things to chat about.

Speaking on food, do you guys liek Subway? When I go to other cities, I always eat in Subway. It's fucking good. (My town is too small to have a subway franchise)

All these food stuff makes me hungry. On to the kitcheeeeen!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 20:40:08

At 7/27/11 04:11 PM, RogerBK wrote

Speaking on food, do you guys liek Subway? When I go to other cities, I always eat in Subway. It's fucking good. (My town is too small to have a subway franchise)

Used to love the Subway Melt. 3 different meats and a bunch of cheese. Had lettuce and peppers with it as well so it was one of my five a day. Sort of.

These days though I stay well clear of fast food.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 20:45:16

At 7/27/11 02:33 PM, Ship wrote: If on the off chance you're ever driving through Cedar Rapids, Iowa (longshot here) and you're in the mood for Chinese food, they have a restaurant called Metro Buffet which is by far the best Chinese buffet I have ever eaten at. It's very inexpensive, and the food is all such great quality and tastes soo good. It's soc much better than all those crappy takeout places that I normally get Chinese from.

Seeing as I'm English there's no chance of me ending up in Americaland. However there's a Chinese buffet place in Preston which is about 40 miles away from where I live.

It costs £8 and you can have as much as you think you can eat without puking. The quality of it is really good and the choice is HUGE. There's a nice bunch of desserts as well.

Only thing is that it feels a lot like a canteen but who cares when it's such good value. The drinks are a tad expensive, but I only have water, still a whole £1 for a smallish bottle though.

I've doubled posted, blaming it on my iPad

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 20:45:23

At 7/27/11 04:11 PM, RogerBK wrote: Speaking on food, do you guys liek Subway? When I go to other cities, I always eat in Subway. It's fucking good. (My town is too small to have a subway franchise)

My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday. I mostly enjoy the subs I get from there but I found something not right about the italian sandwiches from them. My stomach never likes to eat a foot long sandwich of them whereas others I have are just fine.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 12:50:48

At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/27/11 04:11 PM, RogerBK wrote: Speaking on food, do you guys liek Subway? When I go to other cities, I always eat in Subway. It's fucking good. (My town is too small to have a subway franchise)
My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday. I mostly enjoy the subs I get from there but I found something not right about the italian sandwiches from them. My stomach never likes to eat a foot long sandwich of them whereas others I have are just fine.

Haha, me too, sometimes I order the 15cm sandwich, but, I oftenly go to Subway because I'm super hungry, so, I always order the 30cm one.

Also, I discovered I'm kinda lactose intolerant. That sounds pretty strange, but sometimes, when I eat cheese, I have the same symptoms of a lactose intolerant. And sometimes, I don't. It's super strange...

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 13:03:26

At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Bahamut wrote: My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday.

>Subway
>Not tuesday, thursday, or sunday

You high bro?

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 13:47:01

At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Quinny wrote

Seeing as I'm English there's no chance of me ending up in Americaland. However there's a Chinese buffet place in Preston which is about 40 miles away from where I live.

It costs £8 and you can have as much as you think you can eat without puking. The quality of it is really good and the choice is HUGE. There's a nice bunch of desserts as well.

Only thing is that it feels a lot like a canteen but who cares when it's such good value. The drinks are a tad expensive, but I only have water, still a whole £1 for a smallish bottle

Chinese buffets are one of the greatest things ever. They're always so delicious, and they;re all you can eat! I don't know what more I could ask from an eatery.