00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rott1ngBra1n just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

771,338 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-12 13:47:25

Do any of you guys remember the Hi-C flavor called Ecto Cooler? It had Slimer from Ghost Busters on the box. Well, if any of you guys are missing that, then get the cran-tangerine flavor of Ocean Spray. It tastes almost exactly the same. I just tried it for the first time and had an instant flashback to my childhood. It may have been a long time ago, but I still remember the taste perfectly well. Now I want to get some green food coloring and more of that stuff and have a Rocko-Freakazoid-Animaniacs-Rugrats marathon and a marathon of all the 90's movies I have. cuz I have Rocko, Freakazoid, and Animaniacs on DVD and Rugrats on my DVR.

Also, Mondos are still sold. Don't tell me nobody here remembers that stuff. My sisrer got me a case a few days ago and it's already gone. I just wish Squeez-Its were still available. I'm gonna try those Cool Aid Jammers and see if they're similar at all.

And now I leave you with all this nostalgic stuff.

meeeeemorieeees

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-12 19:41:19

I remember that hi-C but that just reminded me of those gums and other candies that Nickelodeon used to sell. One was like...slime gum? It tasted awful but had green goo inside a pouch of bubble gum and it turned your tongue green.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-13 10:22:22

At 11/12/11 07:41 PM, Malachy wrote: I remember that hi-C but that just reminded me of those gums and other candies that Nickelodeon used to sell. One was like...slime gum? It tasted awful but had green goo inside a pouch of bubble gum and it turned your tongue green.

I remember swallowing that gum once... it was really a horrible experience. lol

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-13 14:34:33

I must say right now, it's been ages since I last saw you Twone. I won't guess when and just get straight to the point. It's good to see an old face like you again.

At 11/12/11 12:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: pshh...levels. I can't remember the last time I even voted on a flash.

You love that pipe, don't you?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-13 17:55:44

At 11/13/11 02:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: I must say right now, it's been ages since I last saw you Twone. I won't guess when and just get straight to the point. It's good to see an old face like you again.

I'm still *around* but I just haven't posted on the BBS in a while. School takes up too much time.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-13 18:51:38

At 11/13/11 10:22 AM, Twone wrote:
At 11/12/11 07:41 PM, Malachy wrote: I remember that hi-C but that just reminded me of those gums and other candies that Nickelodeon used to sell. One was like...slime gum? It tasted awful but had green goo inside a pouch of bubble gum and it turned your tongue green.
I remember swallowing that gum once... it was really a horrible experience. lol

The closes I ever came to that was a pot of red ectoplasm that I used to make fart. It was the sound of exorcism, as I used to tell my parents, when they told me to stop making that noise.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-13 18:56:18

At 11/13/11 02:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: You love that pipe, don't you?

It's better than the level 21 icon. It's supposed to be a rusty pipe, but it looks like an uncircumcised half-flaccid penis that's covered in feces.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-14 05:08:07

At 11/12/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/12/11 06:04 AM, Decky wrote: Shame I'm not a big fan of the level 22 icon either.
You need to get to level 39 before you reach the truly awesome levels.

Well thats going to take me quite a while to get to so I best keep depositing hadn't I :).

At 11/13/11 06:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
It's better than the level 21 icon. It's supposed to be a rusty pipe, but it looks like an uncircumcised half-flaccid penis that's covered in feces.

I have to agree, it's with out a doubt my most hated level icon. Only just got it and I'm already sick of it. Really going to have to try and get rid of it ASAP. I hear a lot of people bitchin' about the level 21 icon, my favorite so far is "It looks like an old robots dick."

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-14 08:12:49

At 11/13/11 06:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Oh yeah, like what Decky has, lol.

At 11/14/11 05:08 AM, Decky wrote: Well thats going to take me quite a while to get to so I best keep depositing hadn't I :).

And DON'T forget it!

"It looks like an old robots dick."

You can count on the admins to make dick jokes for their level icons.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-14 08:33:27

At 11/14/11 08:12 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/14/11 05:08 AM, Decky wrote: Well thats going to take me quite a while to get to so I best keep depositing hadn't I :).
And DON'T forget it!

I'll try and deposit as often as I can ;).

"It looks like an old robots dick."
You can count on the admins to make dick jokes for their level icons.

To be honest I can't remember who said it but it is true you have to admit. I think the line at the end doesn't help matters. The more I look at it the more I hate it, hopefully it might go at the redesign.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-16 05:20:49

At 11/14/11 08:33 AM, Decky wrote: To be honest I can't remember who said it but it is true you have to admit. I think the line at the end doesn't help matters. The more I look at it the more I hate it, hopefully it might go at the redesign.

I'd rather they freshen it up. That level icon should represent Gordon Freeman's crowbar. That alone is a good enough reason to keep it on the site.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-11-16 07:45:00

At 11/16/11 05:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd rather they freshen it up. That level icon should represent Gordon Freeman's crowbar. That alone is a good enough reason to keep it on the site.

I agree that the crowbar should be a level icon because it has some strange cult status but I just think that particular drawing of one looks kinda rubbish.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-15 12:19:40

In the spirit of the holidays: Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa play you're a mean one Mr. Grinch.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-15 17:58:27

Right, I'm trying to pull myself together (see my recent post in the Writer's Lounge for more info / ramblings), so I feel it's time for an Xmas movie marathon. I've got the weekend and I intend to watch Die Hard I and II; at least one Lethal Weapon; Terry Pratchett's Hogfather and both of the Futurama Xmas specials.

Any other Xmas themed films or TV shows that I should be watching?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-16 06:31:11

At 12/15/11 05:58 PM, Coop wrote: Any other Xmas themed films or TV shows that I should be watching?

I'm currently sat at college watching The Warriors, it's in know way christmasy but it's a day off basically and in some way more so then They Live, which was yesterdays movie. If you want something christmasy to watch I'd suggest The Flint Street Nativity for a bit of a classic christmas laugh.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-16 09:04:39

At 12/15/11 05:58 PM, Coop wrote: Any other Xmas themed films or TV shows that I should be watching?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi sodes/christmas

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-16 09:57:27

One Christmas film that always struck out to me is Christmas Vacation. That and obviously Die Hard.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-16 10:45:43

If you're a fan of Will Ferrell you should add Elf to your xmas marathon. Some classic christmas Ferrell.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-16 10:58:58

Well there is A Christmas Story but that more Americana nostalgia and I'm not sure if you'll like it. Also, you can pick out any of the Christmas Carol remakes. My personal favorite is The Muppets Christmas Carol.

And of course there are the classics, It's a Wonderful Life and Ernest Saves Christmas.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-17 13:51:54

At 12/16/11 09:04 AM, Twone wrote:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi sodes/christmas

Anything good that I should be watching? I grew out of South Park, when I reached 14 :P

At 12/16/11 09:57 AM, Bahamut wrote:
One Christmas film that always struck out to me is Christmas Vacation. That and obviously Die Hard.

National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation? Awesome film.

At 12/16/11 10:58 AM, reverend wrote: And of course there are the classics, It's a Wonderful Life and Ernest Saves Christmas.

Thinking about it, there's nothing like Xmas without a good War film, so that's Where Eagles Dare and The Great Escape loaded up into the progression.

I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown over an iPod and the Blammers update. Wonderful, it's Xmas now, alright!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-19 14:06:05

At 12/17/11 01:51 PM, Coop wrote: I grew out of South Park, when I reached 14 :P

I still enjoy South Park. I almost wish that I had grown out of it myself but they simply keep making me laugh. Kind of a guilty pleasure for a twenty year old really. Then again I also find Drawn Together funny :P.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-19 19:55:41

At 12/19/11 02:06 PM, Decky wrote:
At 12/17/11 01:51 PM, Coop wrote: I grew out of South Park, when I reached 14 :P
I still enjoy South Park. I almost wish that I had grown out of it myself but they simply keep making me laugh. Kind of a guilty pleasure for a twenty year old really.

There's nothing wrong with liking South Park. It's a satire and addresses a lot of current issues in a simplistic format, like those political cartoons in the paper. If you watch it with a more analytical mindset then you'll get more out of it.

I don't personally know how anybody can "grow out" of satire, but to each his own.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-19 20:29:41

At 12/19/11 07:55 PM, NEVR wrote :

I don't personally know how anybody can "grow out" of satire, but to each his own.

I guess to grow out of satire would be to take everything that you hear completely seriously and therefore could be said to lose almost all sence of humor. I don't think there is a way to have a sence of humor and not like satire even a little.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 10:41:21

At 12/19/11 07:55 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/19/11 02:06 PM, Decky wrote:
I still enjoy South Park. I almost wish that I had grown out of it myself but they simply keep making me laugh. Kind of a guilty pleasure for a twenty year old really.
There's nothing wrong with liking South Park. It's a satire and addresses a lot of current issues in a simplistic format, like those political cartoons in the paper. If you watch it with a more analytical mindset then you'll get more out of it.

I tried that and it never really gave me anything back. I watched the first three seasons and while Matt Stone and Trey Parker were inspired by Monty Python, they seem to have emulated the puerile and not the clever comedy, in my opinion.

I don't think that I grew out of the satire, but for me, the balance was wrong - too much focus on being offensive and trying to get laughs out of shocks, kind of in the same way that Frankie Boyle does. I was given his DVD a couple of years ago and I still haven't opened it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 13:09:34

At 12/20/11 10:41 AM, Coop wrote: I don't think that I grew out of the satire, but for me, the balance was wrong - too much focus on being offensive and trying to get laughs out of shocks, kind of in the same way that Frankie Boyle does. I was given his DVD a couple of years ago and I still haven't opened it.

I don't think Matt and Trey try to focus on being offensive, I think they generally are offensive. They do stuff like that because they really don't care if people stop watching them or not.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 13:32:59

At 12/17/11 01:51 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/16/11 09:57 AM, Bahamut wrote: One Christmas film that always struck out to me is Christmas Vacation. That and obviously Die Hard.
National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation? Awesome film.

What else would it be? I'll admit, I'm tempted to watch Muppets' Christmas Carol because recently I'm finding Statler and Waldorf and Beaker to be some of the funniest characters out there. Can't recall how much appearance those characters had, though.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 14:04:36

At 12/20/11 01:32 PM, Bahamut wrote: What else would it be? I'll admit, I'm tempted to watch Muppets' Christmas Carol because recently I'm finding Statler and Waldorf and Beaker to be some of the funniest characters out there. Can't recall how much appearance those characters had, though.

They had a nice musical number playing Scrooge's old business partner. Not sure what role Beaker played but it's probably minor.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 18:43:35

At 12/19/11 08:29 PM, Decky wrote: I guess to grow out of satire would be to take everything that you hear completely seriously and therefore could be said to lose almost all sence of humor. I don't think there is a way to have a sence of humor and not like satire even a little.

I think you may be misinterpreting the concept of satire a little. While it's supposed to be funny, the main idea behind it is to present the subject in the light of ridicule in order to shame it into self-improvement. Usually the motivation behind it is constructive social / political commentary, not necessarily just making people laugh (although humour is a quintessential element).

At 12/20/11 10:41 AM, Coop wrote: I tried that and it never really gave me anything back. I watched the first three seasons and while Matt Stone and Trey Parker were inspired by Monty Python, they seem to have emulated the puerile and not the clever comedy, in my opinion.

You should try some of the later ones and see what you think. I'm not a fan of some of the earlier ones either tbh.

I don't think that I grew out of the satire, but for me, the balance was wrong - too much focus on being offensive and trying to get laughs out of shocks, kind of in the same way that Frankie Boyle does. I was given his DVD a couple of years ago and I still haven't opened it.

I see what you mean. Again, though, I think the balance is much better in later seasons.

Frankie Boyle, on the other hand, isn't really all that funny imo. A lary Scot; that's a new one.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 19:54:24

At 12/20/11 06:43 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/19/11 08:29 PM, Decky wrote: (stuff)
I think you may be misinterpreting the concept of satire a little. While it's supposed to be funny, the main idea behind it is to present the subject in the light of ridicule in order to shame it into self-improvement. Usually the motivation behind it is constructive social / political commentary, not necessarily just making people laugh (although humour is a quintessential element).

I do understand satire, I'm a big fan and I'm happy that you see more of it on TV now then I remember when I was growing up. Although this could be because I was so young that I didn't recognise it.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-12-20 21:07:53

South Park has really declined in quality since they started conceiving the plot of episodes and creating them within six days.

Also, I cooked for my mom the other day and she liked what I made. It always feels awesome to see someone enjoy what you made.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature