New Topic Respond to this Topic
FrostedFlakes
FrostedFlakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:04 PM Reply

I'm in. I currently own a Wii, Gamecube, NES, DS, and a Gameboy Advance SP.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 10/29/10 05:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 10/29/10 09:01 AM, Auz wrote: it has already been confirmed by the creators in an interview that they didn't intend to have a time line in the series.
Everyone says this, but they never provide proof and assume that Nintendo said it. I'd like a link to said interview.

I think I got it from this topic where the OP references to an article, which states that a series producer said that every Zelda has a different Link and that all games are separate.

Although, when I google zelda timeline, it looks like they've made some new statements about the timeline with respect to the upcoming zelda game.

I don't know, it seems to me like they really never had much in mind to begin with.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 05:58 PM, Auz wrote: I don't know, it seems to me like they really never had much in mind to begin with.

Well, they really didn't, but that article was not a personal message from Nintendo. When you attempt to e-mail them with the words "Zelda" and "timeline" in the message, it automatically gives you that message. All it really means is that there isn't enough evidence to come up with a definite timeline, which is why there's so much debate about it anyway, and that the developers don't care about it enough to piece together a timeline for fans. Besides, that message was obviously created to stop the flood of emails they get about this shit.

But yes, Skyward Sword's "timeline placement" by Nintendo is fanservice and epic trolling to people who debate about this. All this debate about the timeline is really just for fun, and it's a way to see how Link's adventures are chronicled. I mean, the Squall-is-dead theory is definitely plausible, but it's blatantly obvious Square didn't intend for that to be the case. It just conveniently pieces together to make a theory that honestly makes sense. So whether Nintendo intended it to have a timeline or not, I find it fun to debate about it anyway.

Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 good? I loved the first one. I played the shit out of it, 3-playthroughs over. But everyone says it sucks.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 06:08 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 good? I loved the first one. I played the shit out of it, 3-playthroughs over. But everyone says it sucks.

Old buddy of mine was telling me it's better than the first. I wouldn't know. I never got the opportunity to play the first much, and I didn't play the new one at all.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 07:13 PM Reply

Hey just beat freaking Super Paper Mario! Who else enjoys that game?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 11/2/10 06:08 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 11/2/10 05:58 PM, Auz wrote: I don't know, it seems to me like they really never had much in mind to begin with.
Well, they really didn't, but that article was not a personal message from Nintendo. When you attempt to e-mail them with the words "Zelda" and "timeline" in the message, it automatically gives you that message. All it really means is that there isn't enough evidence to come up with a definite timeline, which is why there's so much debate about it anyway, and that the developers don't care about it enough to piece together a timeline for fans. Besides, that message was obviously created to stop the flood of emails they get about this shit.

But yes, Skyward Sword's "timeline placement" by Nintendo is fanservice and epic trolling to people who debate about this. All this debate about the timeline is really just for fun, and it's a way to see how Link's adventures are chronicled. I mean, the Squall-is-dead theory is definitely plausible, but it's blatantly obvious Square didn't intend for that to be the case. It just conveniently pieces together to make a theory that honestly makes sense. So whether Nintendo intended it to have a timeline or not, I find it fun to debate about it anyway.

If the Squall is dead theory was actually how the story was intended, they have really hidden that way too well. I agree that it's unlikely that they ever had that in mind, and if they did they've sure done a poor job explaining it to the players. Nonetheless I'd still like to go through the game again and see if the theory holds any water.

As for the Zelda timeline, I didn't know that was a standard message, but yeah... I don't think the developers really care about it. I believe they did state a timeline somewhere before Windwaker was made and back then it made some sense. I suppose after that the fans went a little too far in trying to find some chronological order in the games that followed. I've heard theories with separate universes and all that stuff, which really sounded far-fetched to me.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 03:42 PM Reply

I just got a special package from Club Nintendo!

What could it possibly be? The box is nice looking...

The Nintendo Club

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
WafflePerson337407
WafflePerson337407
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 05:08 PM Reply

y'know, i really liked final fantasy III/VI most on snes than ps1 or gameboy advance, only if nintendo could become less family friendly and put more on the classic game part of the wii shop channel, and less of most of those crappy wii ware games (though some are very good, like tetris).

The man who loves Waffles and top hats dearly! :3D - mr mustache man!

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 03:42 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I just got a special package from Club Nintendo!

Interesting... If the box can't be put back together like that after opening it though... I wouldn't open it!

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 07:31 AM, Auz wrote: I've heard theories with separate universes and all that stuff, which really sounded far-fetched to me.

And they are. I love to prove those theories wrong and how they couldn't possibly work. These people have no idea how to debate, and say "alternate universe" as a scapegoat out of making sense of a situation and problem with their argument.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 05:21 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/4/10 03:42 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I just got a special package from Club Nintendo!

Interesting... If the box can't be put back together like that after opening it though... I wouldn't open it!

It can be opened from the top. It was a normal box, not oragami. ;D

Look, my 2010 Club Nintendo Platinum Reward! Sweet figurine!

The Nintendo Club

Sig by FB - AMA
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 08:07 PM, puddinN64 wrote:

Damn that is awesome... Only a few people get things like those from them right???? Damn, you're lucky man that is so bad ass.

Yeah, whatever.

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 5th, 2010 @ 12:32 PM Reply

At 7/8/10 05:08 PM, puddinN64 wrote: They probably just say that to make sure that they have plenty of time to make sure that they verify that all of the members are legit and that so they can get out enough units without receiving a tidal wave of complaints. If it really takes them until December to get out all of the figurines, I will be genuinely shocked.

still hasn't shipped

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 5th, 2010 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 05:37 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 11/4/10 07:31 AM, Auz wrote: I've heard theories with separate universes and all that stuff, which really sounded far-fetched to me.
And they are. I love to prove those theories wrong and how they couldn't possibly work. These people have no idea how to debate, and say "alternate universe" as a scapegoat out of making sense of a situation and problem with their argument.

Yeah, saying 'alternative universe' is quite cheap as you could apply that to connect almost anything :p

At 11/4/10 08:07 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Look, my 2010 Club Nintendo Platinum Reward! Sweet figurine!

Awesome! And the box it came in looks pretty cool as well :p

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 5th, 2010 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 08:31 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/4/10 08:07 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Damn that is awesome... Only a few people get things like those from them right????

You had to register enough products through Club Nintendo and reach "Platinum Status" and then ask for the reward, so it wasn't necessarily easy, but I wouldn't say only an elite few get it. Any schmuck could have done what I did.

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 08:02 PM Reply

I'm replaying Super Mario Sunshine because I never found all the blue coins, and I need a Mario fix after playing Counter Strike for a month.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 09:26 PM Reply

5 Reasons that Bowser is the Most Successful Video Game Character.

Very fun little article that was released today that shows the opposite side of the coin to the Mario-Bowser rivalry.

You guys should read it. It's funny.

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 11:03 PM Reply

I now remember why I never got all the blue coins. There's 240 of them. And when you're not gathering coins level-by-level, it gets confusing without a guide, and even the guide is confusing if you go to an area described in it but don't find a coin. That could mean you already have it, or it could mean you're in the wrong spot. It takes hours.

It's a good thing they didn't have this crap in Galaxy.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 04:40 PM Reply

I'm playing through the New Super Mario game on DS... It's very different than the classics, but it's still fun as hell... I haven't played many of the newer ones really... Not sure why, this game is great.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 04:56 PM Reply

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon Platinum recently, nearing the end of the game.

I must say that I wasn't impressed with the game at first. The fourth gen Pokemon didn't appeal to me much and for the first few gyms the game isn't that interesting yet. But as the game progressed it got better and better. In fact I think I like it more than the third gen games when it comes to story and gameplay.

At 11/6/10 09:26 PM, puddinN64 wrote: 5 Reasons that Bowser is the Most Successful Video Game Character.

Very fun little article that was released today that shows the opposite side of the coin to the Mario-Bowser rivalry.

You guys should read it. It's funny.

Lol. I suppose that's one way of looking at Bowser :p

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 11:23 PM Reply

Wow. Fuck getting 100% in Sunshine. Finding all those blue coins simply isn't worth it, at all. It's one thing when I want to get 120 stars, it's another thing when I have to buy 24 of them with blue coins you have to search for in stages, especially when the only thing it gives you is a lame new end screen.

Seriously? In Super Mario 64 you get 100 lives and a cool new move. In Galaxy, you get a flight cap and a new cutscene at the end. And besides that, those stars are earned through challenges and secret stages. Here, you just find stuff to buy the stars with and get a new end screen that says "Have a nice vacation". It's not fun, and not worth it.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 08:11 AM Reply

At 11/8/10 11:23 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wow. Fuck getting 100% in Sunshine. Finding all those blue coins simply isn't worth it, at all. It's one thing when I want to get 120 stars, it's another thing when I have to buy 24 of them with blue coins you have to search for in stages, especially when the only thing it gives you is a lame new end screen.

I always try to get 100% in my games, no matter what but it can be a total waste of time and pain in the ass. But if you really have nothing better to do then it's not much of a problem the way I see it.
My buddy, all he does is game and he puts so much hours in to just one game, if you put together all of his game times for every game he owns I swear it would be over a year, he's totally crazy.
I will try getting 100% but unless it's a rental I'll take my time on it and not play constantly.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 11/8/10 11:23 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wow. Fuck getting 100% in Sunshine.

Usually I will go for 100% completion as well, regardless of the rewards you get for it. I just want to enjoy every game I have to its fullest and often the side quests are quite interesting in most games.

To be honest though, I usually end up completing games for like ... 99% since eventually I will lose interest in the game when some little side quest is way too tedious and boring.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 09:08 AM Reply

At 11/9/10 08:52 AM, Auz wrote:
Usually I will go for 100% completion as well, regardless of the rewards you get for it. I just want to enjoy every game I have to its fullest and often the side quests are quite interesting in most games.

Yeah, the way I see it your paying X amount to own the game, usually a pretty expensive price if it's new. You might as well play that game as much as you can and get your moneys worth. If you're only going to complete the main things, sure there is a point but you might as well keep going. Get the most out of your game.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 11/9/10 09:08 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/9/10 08:52 AM, Auz wrote:
Yeah, the way I see it your paying X amount to own the game, usually a pretty expensive price if it's new. You might as well play that game as much as you can and get your moneys worth. If you're only going to complete the main things, sure there is a point but you might as well keep going. Get the most out of your game.

Agreed. Usually going through the main game alone doesn't feel satisfying enough for me, knowing that there's so much stuff I'm missing out on. I'd rather play on for a few more weeks, completing side quest and going through the game for a second time than putting the game aside after finishing the main story.

It might help though that I never buy any new games before I finished my older ones. If I still had five other games lying around, I might not wanna stick with one game for too long. Although I'm sure I will get back to it eventually.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 10:29 PM Reply

I completely beat Super Mario Sunshine with 120 stars to cure my OCD, and was not satisfied at all. I have to get Galaxy 2, because Galaxy was so much better than Sunshine, it...jesus. It's just what I think is a perfect Mario game. I liked 64 and Sunshine's exploration, but I think Galaxy's linear 3D platforming is where Mario truly belongs. Also:

MIND. FUCKING. BLOWN.

The Nintendo Club

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 10:31 PM Reply

At 11/11/10 10:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
MIND. FUCKING. BLOWN.

Hahaha! That is awesome.

Yeah, whatever.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 12th, 2010 @ 12:41 AM Reply

My younger brother just picked up a few games for the DS.
He got 3 Castlevania ones, 3 Kirby ones, Animal Crossing, Drawn To Life, Simcity DS (lol), and Rune Factory... And a few I can't remember.

Any of you guys have opinions on these games? I'm sure I'll enjoy the Kirby ones, however I played one a bit earlier, just the tutorial and it wasn't very appealing to me... I can't remember the name though.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 12th, 2010 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 11/11/10 10:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I completely beat Super Mario Sunshine with 120 stars to cure my OCD, and was not satisfied at all. I have to get Galaxy 2, because Galaxy was so much better than Sunshine, it...jesus. It's just what I think is a perfect Mario game. I liked 64 and Sunshine's exploration, but I think Galaxy's linear 3D platforming is where Mario truly belongs.

I don't have Sunshine or Galaxy, but from what I've seen from both games Galaxy definitely looks more interesting than Sunshine. This water jet thing never appealed to me that much.

Also:

MIND. FUCKING. BLOWN.

Woohaa!

At 11/12/10 12:41 AM, EpicFail wrote: My younger brother just picked up a few games for the DS.
He got 3 Castlevania ones, 3 Kirby ones, Animal Crossing, Drawn To Life, Simcity DS (lol), and Rune Factory... And a few I can't remember.

Any of you guys have opinions on these games? I'm sure I'll enjoy the Kirby ones, however I played one a bit earlier, just the tutorial and it wasn't very appealing to me... I can't remember the name though.

I've played some Kirby games and I thought they were quite fun. However, they are pretty easy for the more experienced gamer. You can usually get through them quickly without having much trouble.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 12:08 AM Reply

Nintendo is trying to patent the phrase "It's on like Donkey Kong."

Wow, what is this world coming to?

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature