Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 16:26:41 Reply

At 11/19/10 03:10 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/19/10 02:15 PM, Auz wrote: Indeed I do prefer walking around the land of Hyrule, rather than sailing a mostly empty sea with some small islands here and there.
It really makes me wish I still had my N64... No idea where it went, I think it's still at my Mom's ex's house so I won't ever be seeing it again, but damn Ocarina of Time was so good in comparison to the new ones, I mean these ones aren't bad in any way I don't think... I am enjoying this one so far, although I don't think I am very far in it yet.

Shame you won't be seeing it again. I still have it and it's even installed at the moment :)

I agree, Ocarina of Time was probably the best Zelda game in the series and in my opinion one of the best games of all time. I think Majora's Mask is great as well though and at this point I think I like MM even more than OoT.

At 11/19/10 10:06 PM, NewgroundsClock1 wrote: I am currently working up on Super Mario 64 to beat the whole game!, I practice and practice so hard that beating the game was so challenged to me!

I had great trouble with it when I was little, but now that I've become more experienced at gaming I don't have much trouble with it anymore.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 16:34:49 Reply

At 11/19/10 11:52 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/19/10 10:06 PM, NewgroundsClock1 wrote: I am currently working up on Super Mario 64 to beat the whole game!, I practice and practice so hard that beating the game was so challenged to me!
I had a difficult time beating it when I was really young, in like.. Play school to grade 2 or 3. Then I basically mastered it.
Super fun game.

Yes it was hilarious and replaying the levels or just messing around them was fun too.
I remember how I was feeling bad about that I never got 120 stars so I think it was last year when I finally decided to hunt them all down and eventually I did it. I heard that there was actually 121 stars and saw youtube videos but there was something starnge on them. I don't know if it really has 121 though.

Also I got this Cabela's big game hunter on wii today and man it was hilarious. Now I already felt it bored on it because I got stucck and now I must replay levels to unlock more of them. It's hard for me because I'm one of those persons who just must rush every game at first and then play all over again to see what I missed.
I got this rifle with the game and it actually makes the game more fun.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
iPodmansly
iPodmansly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 19:37:40 Reply

At 8/3/09 01:29 AM, lumpypaint wrote: count me in :P

count me in to dude

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 19:57:16 Reply

Remember how I had Wii, NES and PS3? My cousin gave me his Nintendo 64 for free and now I have two great deals going: I give my PS3 to my other cousin for an SNES. IDK SNES is great but I could sell it and buy two SNES. What should I do, I'm just more of a Nintendo fan.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 20:07:47 Reply

i would recommend you do not trade the PS3 for a SNES.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 21:17:46 Reply

At 11/20/10 08:07 PM, EpicFail wrote: i would recommend you do not trade the PS3 for a SNES.

I too recommend against this. Sure, SNES was a great system, but that PS3 probably cost 500 dollars and still has some great games, as well as a lot of potential with Netflix and Blu-ray. I'm not going to say anything about emulators, but if you've got a Wii, buy all the great SNES classics off there. Believe me, it'll be cheaper than buying two SNES systems, as well as the games to come with them.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-20 21:49:18 Reply

Also, I bet none of you have heard Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games's soundtrack. Lots of ear candy here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdVlaf60E JU&feature=related

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-21 16:41:16 Reply

At 11/17/10 05:32 PM, MrSaint wrote:
I remember that I solved it when I was falling asleep, while playing in the train. I closed to take a nap and woke up, with the puzzle magically solved.

That is actually what you're supposed to do now that I am at that part, I remembered you saying this and did it myself. You have to make it touch the part of the sea map and that's what it meant, hahaha. Tricky.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-23 13:11:57 Reply

At 11/20/10 04:34 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 11/19/10 11:52 PM, EpicFail wrote: I had a difficult time beating it when I was really young, in like.. Play school to grade 2 or 3. Then I basically mastered it.
Super fun game.
Yes it was hilarious and replaying the levels or just messing around them was fun too.
I remember how I was feeling bad about that I never got 120 stars so I think it was last year when I finally decided to hunt them all down and eventually I did it. I heard that there was actually 121 stars and saw youtube videos but there was something starnge on them. I don't know if it really has 121 though.

121 Stars? That sounds like one of those weird rumors that went around in the N64 days. Like you could play as Luigi when you got all 120 stars and you could get the Triforce in Zelda.

I'm pretty sure it's false.

At 11/20/10 07:57 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Remember how I had Wii, NES and PS3? My cousin gave me his Nintendo 64 for free and now I have two great deals going: I give my PS3 to my other cousin for an SNES. IDK SNES is great but I could sell it and buy two SNES. What should I do, I'm just more of a Nintendo fan.

I agree with the others, don't trade your PS3 for a SNES. A PS3 is worth way more than that, plus it's probably gonna be difficult finding games to play for the SNES.

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-23 15:03:51 Reply

At 11/21/10 04:41 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/17/10 05:32 PM, MrSaint wrote:
I remember that I solved it when I was falling asleep, while playing in the train. I closed to take a nap and woke up, with the puzzle magically solved.
That is actually what you're supposed to do now that I am at that part, I remembered you saying this and did it myself. You have to make it touch the part of the sea map and that's what it meant, hahaha. Tricky.

Yeah. The second time I was playing the game, I was going mad. Luckily I found out how to do it correctly on the second playthrough (without sleeping lol)

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-23 16:00:21 Reply

At 11/23/10 03:03 PM, MrSaint wrote: Yeah. The second time I was playing the game, I was going mad. Luckily I found out how to do it correctly on the second playthrough (without sleeping lol)

Haha, yeah it is neat how they did that... For a kids game it could become very frustrating for someone young and they can't think of anything at all. Problem solved when they throw the DS at the wall and it closes.

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 02:07:53 Reply

I'm playing Paper Mario and here are my stats so far:

Level: 10
HP: 25
FP: 20
BP: 12

I just finished chapter 2 and am about to start chapter 3. Am I underleveled?

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 08:17:10 Reply

Blaze, I played the game the summer before...and I would like to say that Paper Mario is rocks.

Not sure if you are underleveled or not, but all I can say, keep gathering those badges, they help out!

Metal-Loving-Medic
Metal-Loving-Medic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 09:30:50 Reply

Count me in. Any Nintendo, is good Nintendo.

Unarguable rebuttal^

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 09:53:08 Reply

Good to have you M-L-M.

My younger brother is supposed to be going to my Mom's today, I asked her about the N64 the other night and she said she thinks it is at her house... Hopefully he can find it there because god damn I really want to play through Mystical Ninja again, so once I get a job (I am applying at a few today, just applied at KFC... Gonna make me some chicken), I will definitely be going to the pawn shops or this place 'Cashopolis' to see if they have it. I'm sure Cashopolis will but they usually charge up the ass for N64 games... Should be worth it though, that game was my life back in the day.

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 11:50:38 Reply

At 11/24/10 08:17 AM, MrSaint wrote: Blaze, I played the game the summer before...and I would like to say that Paper Mario is rocks.

Not sure if you are underleveled or not, but all I can say, keep gathering those badges, they help out!

A lot of the badges are complete shite though. Like the slo-go badge, Seriously, what's the point?

There's only one thing I do not like about Paper Mario, and that is the graphics. They're colorful, sure, but the sprites are extremely pixelated and blurry when the camera does a close-up. Not like in the later PM games where the sprites are like vector drawings.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 12:34:54 Reply

At 11/24/10 02:07 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I'm playing Paper Mario and here are my stats so far:

Level: 10
HP: 25
FP: 20
BP: 12

I just finished chapter 2 and am about to start chapter 3. Am I underleveled?

I played it about a year ago and I really enjoyed the simplicity of the game.

I can't remember that well, but I don't think you're underleveled at that point. At least, I do remember at about what level I was when I beat the game and I'd say you might even be overleveled.

But does it matter? I think RPG's are a lot more fun and challenging when you're a bit underleveled.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 15:05:24 Reply

At 11/23/10 01:11 PM, Auz wrote:
At 11/20/10 04:34 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 11/19/10 11:52 PM, EpicFail wrote: I had a difficult time beating it when I was really young, in like.. Play school to grade 2 or 3. Then I basically mastered it.
Super fun game.
121 Stars? That sounds like one of those weird rumors that went around in the N64 days. Like you could play as Luigi when you got all 120 stars and you could get the Triforce in Zelda.

Yes you can find lots of videos about it. But I think those are somehow made by using emulator to play Super Mario 64 with computer.
But yeah that is a "legend", and I don't belive it's possible. I saw one video where this one player did some jumps in different order. ANd then he somehow got the final star and there came a message from Nintendo team. I can barely remember it I saw it long time ago, it was pretty well made but I just can't belive it.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 15:44:29 Reply

At 11/24/10 11:50 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 11/24/10 08:17 AM, MrSaint wrote: Blaze, I played the game the summer before...and I would like to say that Paper Mario is rocks.

A lot of the badges are complete shite though. Like the slo-go badge, Seriously, what's the point?

Forgot to reply to this in my last post.

Yeah some of the badges are really useless and most of the ones you'll find in the beginning are not that good. However, as you progress through the game you will find some really useful ones. Like ones that boost your stats or restore HP or FP during battle or cut your FP use by 1.

I remember there was also one that basically allows you to attack an unlimited amount of times until you miss an action comment. And you can even get it early on in the game.

At 11/24/10 03:05 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 11/23/10 01:11 PM, Auz wrote: 121 Stars? That sounds like one of those weird rumors that went around in the N64 days. Like you could play as Luigi when you got all 120 stars and you could get the Triforce in Zelda.

Yes you can find lots of videos about it. But I think those are somehow made by using emulator to play Super Mario 64 with computer.
But yeah that is a "legend", and I don't belive it's possible. I saw one video where this one player did some jumps in different order. ANd then he somehow got the final star and there came a message from Nintendo team. I can barely remember it I saw it long time ago, it was pretty well made but I just can't belive it.

I just saw some vids of it and they indeed looked like hacked emulator roms or something.

BBS Signature
GenocidalTendencies
GenocidalTendencies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-24 23:51:46 Reply

New Donkey Kong game looks incredible, must get Wii soon. Also replaying Golden Sun, nostalgia attack time!

Facebook
"Man creates his own reality."

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-25 00:33:22 Reply

At 11/24/10 03:44 PM, Auz wrote: I remember there was also one that basically allows you to attack an unlimited amount of times until you miss an action comment. And you can even get it early on in the game.

It sounds like it makes the game too easy, but it really doesn't. Most people find that Power Bounce (That's the name of the badge) only lasts until you hit them around 8 times average. After that, your brain's reaction time slows down and it gets harder to do consecutive hits. It's still one of the most useful badges in the game.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-25 00:50:09 Reply

At 11/24/10 11:51 PM, GenocidalTendencies wrote: New Donkey Kong game looks incredible, must get Wii soon. Also replaying Golden Sun, nostalgia attack time!

Glad to have you in the club brother...

Putting Zelda: Phantom hourglass aside for a bit... Playing through Final Fantasy III on the DS... Loving it, but not far at all due to not saving my game and dying... That reminds me to save my game right now.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-25 15:46:26 Reply

At 11/24/10 11:51 PM, GenocidalTendencies wrote: Also replaying Golden Sun, nostalgia attack time!

I think a new Golden Sun is coming out for the 3DS soon. I've seen some pictures of the game and heard what the plot is gonna be.

At 11/25/10 12:33 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 11/24/10 03:44 PM, Auz wrote: I remember there was also one that basically allows you to attack an unlimited amount of times until you miss an action comment. And you can even get it early on in the game.
It sounds like it makes the game too easy, but it really doesn't. Most people find that Power Bounce (That's the name of the badge) only lasts until you hit them around 8 times average. After that, your brain's reaction time slows down and it gets harder to do consecutive hits. It's still one of the most useful badges in the game.

Yeah I don't think I ever pulled off more than six and I remember the stronger enemies at the end of the game will simply receive 0 damage from the consecutive hits. But overall it's indeed one of the most useful badges in the game, once you've practiced a bit with it.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-25 16:29:47 Reply

I'm really, really hating the items in Paper Mario. Not the items themselves, but the fact that I can only hold like 10 of them at a time. Like, seriously? It's not like the game ever gets so hard that I need to use an item, but I always stock up on them and if I find something awesome like Jammin Jelly, I have to throw away another item that I want to keep. And it's not like I can't just put the Jammin Jelly down for now and come back for it later, I have to choose what I want right this second.

God, give me a super bag to hold this shit, not 9 or 10 at a time. That's just barely enough to hold anything.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-25 17:47:08 Reply

At 11/25/10 03:46 PM, Auz wrote:
At 11/24/10 11:51 PM, GenocidalTendencies wrote: Also replaying Golden Sun, nostalgia attack time!
I think a new Golden Sun is coming out for the 3DS soon. I've seen some pictures of the game and heard what the plot is gonna be.

Dark Dawn is out on the 29th. Could that be it?
What is the plot anyway?

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-26 17:01:59 Reply

I finally beat Paper Mario, and holy shit was Bowser hard. I had no problem taking down Kent C. Koopa and the 3 forms of The Master, but Bowser was fucking insane. Every time I get a half-decent attack in, he heals himself.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-28 02:33:11 Reply

At 11/26/10 05:01 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I finally beat Paper Mario, and holy shit was Bowser hard. I had no problem taking down Kent C. Koopa and the 3 forms of The Master, but Bowser was fucking insane. Every time I get a half-decent attack in, he heals himself.

Yeah, that fight always was a bitch. Did you make sure to equip the badges that let you charge up attacks? Those always helped me out in the long run.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-28 06:33:08 Reply

At 11/25/10 05:47 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/25/10 03:46 PM, Auz wrote:
Dark Dawn is out on the 29th. Could that be it?
What is the plot anyway?

Yeah, it's coming out tomorrow. The plot is about the children of the heroes, and how releasing Alchemy caused a fucked up thing, which covered the world in some kind of blackholes lol

Not completely sure about the plot, BUT IT'S FUCKING GOLDEN SUN. I loved the first two games. And here's a small story related

I had three cartridges of the original Golden Sun. All of them didn't save correctly. After saving, when I shut down the system, the save file got deleted. Pissed me off a lot. So once, I beat the game, without shutting down the GameBoy. Was like a speed run, couldn't collect any Djinn. Later replayed on an emulator and fully experienced it.

The second cartridge, I couldn't find nowhere. But one day I hit up a pawn shop with old games, and I found Golden Sun 2. Traded it for Tony Hawk GBA, haha. The second one was also fantastic, and the double party feature at the end was cool.

Anyways, all hyped and ready for the new game.

chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-28 12:34:17 Reply

I just did a 11 hour straight run of Proffesser Layton: The unwound Future.

I am Fucking insane.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-28 21:39:34 Reply

Yeah... It's released right away... Tomorrow! Holy fuck... I wish I had some money..

Yeah, whatever.