New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 09:39 PM Reply

Yeah... It's released right away... Tomorrow! Holy fuck... I wish I had some money..

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 09:41 AM Reply

At 11/25/10 05:47 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/25/10 03:46 PM, Auz wrote:
At 11/24/10 11:51 PM, GenocidalTendencies wrote: Also replaying Golden Sun, nostalgia attack time!
I think a new Golden Sun is coming out for the 3DS soon. I've seen some pictures of the game and heard what the plot is gonna be.
Dark Dawn is out on the 29th. Could that be it?
What is the plot anyway?

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about.

I think the game took place 30 years after the events of the first two games and you will play as the children of the heroes from the first Golden Sun. After Psynergy was released upon the world, the world changed and something evil is coming up. There are Psynergy vortexes appearing everywhere which suck in Psynergy from adapts and the land. That's about all I know.

Official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycf_3p6iL WE&feature=fvst

At 11/25/10 04:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I'm really, really hating the items in Paper Mario. Not the items themselves, but the fact that I can only hold like 10 of them at a time. Like, seriously? It's not like the game ever gets so hard that I need to use an item, but I always stock up on them and if I find something awesome like Jammin Jelly, I have to throw away another item that I want to keep. And it's not like I can't just put the Jammin Jelly down for now and come back for it later, I have to choose what I want right this second.

God, give me a super bag to hold this shit, not 9 or 10 at a time. That's just barely enough to hold anything.

I think you'll get something for it. And later on the items will become way more useful because you'll get stuff that will heal you up completely which is very necessary for some battles.

But you've already beaten the game apparently, so nvm.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 11/29/10 09:41 AM, Auz wrote:
Official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycf_3p6iL WE&feature=fvst

My god, it looks so good... I bet I'll wait until Christmas to get this game, since I don't know if I will find a job before then although I am trying so hard... It looks fantastic, I hope it lives up to the previous 2.

Yeah, whatever.

dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 01:21 PM Reply

I'm too poor tto afford any games right now. So far, I need to get 3 games this month with saving up more for the 3DS and some launch games. Nintendo is really cranking up the dial here and releasing plenty of great games.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:35 PM Reply

Hey guys... I'm just playing Dark Dawn.

The Nintendo Club

Yeah, whatever.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 11/29/10 05:35 PM, EpicFail wrote: Hey guys... I'm just playing Dark Dawn.

I hate you lol

Gonna get mine soon :D

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 09:52 AM, MrSaint wrote:
I hate you lol

It's really fun... I'm stuck right now though, can't find this damn place.. Gonpa Gate.. It's driving me crazy.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 12:09 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/30/10 09:52 AM, MrSaint wrote:
I hate you lol

It's really fun... I'm stuck right now though, can't find this damn place.. Gonpa Gate.. It's driving me crazy.

Awesome! Any other first impressions?

I'm really starting to doubt now which game I should be getting. I'd like to get a Zelda game for the DS, but at the same time the new Golden Sun is peaking my interests as well. Hmmm....

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 03:35 PM, Auz wrote:

There is a shit load of reading to do, which might piss of some people and I read a review with a low score for the game because of that... But it's a big story they need to build up... I am enjoying it all, I don't mind having to read it all as it's an interesting game. I'm loving it so far, got 7 hours of gameplay right now, it's so good man.

I'm really starting to doubt now which game I should be getting. I'd like to get a Zelda game for the DS, but at the same time the new Golden Sun is peaking my interests as well. Hmmm....

I would definitely say go for Dark Dawn man, I've only played the one Zelda game on DS, but this is so much better than that in all sorts of different ways... If I was good at reviewing games I would write an actual review on it but that would be hard especially considering I haven't beaten it... I'm only good at music and movie reviews, haha... But I'd say if you bought this you would definitely not be disappointed.

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 11:10 PM Reply

It seems Epic Mickey has completely fallen under the radar. Disappointment of the year, all years for me. No, not the game itself, but the hype.

All of the concept art released way back when the game wasn't even announced, and there was an eruption of hype. Game screenshots come up, hope hit the ground so hard it may have went through to hell. I mean, fuck, a steampunk, grimdark Disney game starring the mouse? Unbelievable. It's ALWAYS cool to see something child-friendly in a dark light, especially something you grew up with. Personally, I didn't grow up with Mickey, but still.

The announcement that the concept art had nothing to do with it was such a big letdown, but I still held on in hopes of a dark atmosphere. Well, when the screenshots came in, I was just in shock. I feel like Clark from Christmas Vacation where he expected the bonus check, got an envelope, and it was nothing. I just felt cheated.

InvisiblePoo
InvisiblePoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 03:21 AM Reply

Imma join this club.

Gonna get in the christmas vacation the new prof. layton

You step on me, but you can't see me.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 04:11 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/30/10 03:35 PM, Auz wrote:
There is a shit load of reading to do, which might piss of some people and I read a review with a low score for the game because of that... But it's a big story they need to build up...

Well it was the same in the first two games wasn't it? Especially in the first one I remember it took like 2-3 hours before you were finally on your way.

I would definitely say go for Dark Dawn man, I've only played the one Zelda game on DS, but this is so much better than that in all sorts of different ways... If I was good at reviewing games I would write an actual review on it but that would be hard especially considering I haven't beaten it... I'm only good at music and movie reviews, haha... But I'd say if you bought this you would definitely not be disappointed.

Alright, I will check it out then. Zelda can wait. Besides, I'm actually a bit more interested in Zelda OoT for the 3DS. I hope it will come out for the ordinary DS as well.

At 11/30/10 11:10 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: It seems Epic Mickey has completely fallen under the radar. Disappointment of the year, all years for me. No, not the game itself, but the hype.

I remember the hype and I recently heard a review from someone who indeed said that the game was a huge disappointment.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 12:18 PM, Auz wrote:
Well it was the same in the first two games wasn't it? Especially in the first one I remember it took like 2-3 hours before you were finally on your way.

Yupp, first time I tried the first one I was at my buddy's place checking it out, took way too long to get started I just turned it off and bought it myself, haha.

Alright, I will check it out then. Zelda can wait. Besides, I'm actually a bit more interested in Zelda OoT for the 3DS. I hope it will come out for the ordinary DS as well.

...They're remaking OoT for the 3DS? Damn... When are those released anyway?

Yeah, whatever.

bisker191
bisker191
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 04:48 PM Reply

Happy 12-1-10 EpicFail and everyone else!

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 04:48 PM, bisker191 wrote: Happy 12-1-10 EpicFail and everyone else!

Is that date significant some how?

confused

Yeah, whatever.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 04:50 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 12/1/10 04:48 PM, bisker191 wrote: Happy 12-1-10 EpicFail and everyone else!
Is that date significant some how?

confused

First day of winter I suppose.

Anyways, what games will you get for Christmas?

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 05:50 PM, MrSaint wrote:
Anyways, what games will you get for Christmas?

Not sure... Probably no Nintendo games are there aren't many out that I want... I would have said Dark Dawn but evidently I have that now.
I'm thinking one or two PS3 games.

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 06:38 PM Reply

I'm getting 3 games, two of which are Nintendo: Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Paper Mario: TTYD.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is because I fucking loved the first Galaxy. I honestly think linear 3D stages is where Mario belongs, although I still love Mario 64 and Sunshine (Which I think they need to make a return to. Not Sunshine 2, but just bringing Fludd back in general). I have played Super Mario Galaxy 100% through a total of 5 times. Twice with Mario, twice with Luigi, and one more with Mario to get me hyped for the second game. It's...it's perfect.

As for Paper Mario: TTYD, I just love Mario RPGs in general. If there's one I consider a least favorite though, it would be the original Paper Mario. The story and characters were uninteresting (I know it's Mario, but at least TRY to not be Mario RPG with 90% of the story removed, and have characters that have no significance whatsoever might as well been items..except for the Koopa Bros who are awesome), the sidequests weren't worth it, most badges are shit, items only stretching to 10 at a time, and enemy formations being unfair to the point where they're harder than the bosses. But, I still enjoyed it for what it was, and the music was great.

From what I understand, TTYD is reportedly infinitely better and is personally regarded by Yahtzee as his favorite RPG next to Earthbound, and both NG and /v/ apparently love it. So, I'm giving it a go. This will also complete my Mario RPG collection, not counting Super Paper Mario which I heard is discontinued.

Oh, and the other game is Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for Xbox. Not the Gamecube version. So I don't think it would be right to discuss it here. I got the Xbox version because I not only heard it's the best version, but the cheapest.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 01:33 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 12/1/10 12:18 PM, Auz wrote:
Yupp, first time I tried the first one I was at my buddy's place checking it out, took way too long to get started I just turned it off and bought it myself, haha.

Yeah. I can imagine that people who are not too familiar with the RPG genre might give up on Golden Sun pretty early in the game, because the amount of conversations and story telling is quite extreme in the beginning. And it's not even like every piece of dialogue is all that important.

...They're remaking OoT for the 3DS? Damn... When are those released anyway?

No idea when, but they are remaking it. I've seen some screenshots of the game and here's a video.

At 12/1/10 06:38 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: As for Paper Mario: TTYD...

That's one game I might like to pick up as well someday. If I can get it for a low price that is.

BBS Signature
Ganondorf
Ganondorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 12:18 PM, Auz wrote: Alright, I will check it out then. Zelda can wait. Besides, I'm actually a bit more interested in Zelda OoT for the 3DS. I hope it will come out for the ordinary DS as well.

Soo looking forward to that. Can't wait to lord over Hyrule for another seven years.

"Anything coming must automatically give way to your perfection, your anger, your awesomeness. The world must yield." -- Best Fortune Cookie Ever ; -[AXP]-

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 12/2/10 05:57 PM, Auz wrote:
No idea when, but they are remaking it. I've seen some screenshots of the game and here's a video.

That looks beautiful.
I just saw a video of the graphics chip test in the 3DS... WOW it looks awesome... The Resident Evil game coming out for it's graphics are very impressive for a Nintendo product... I can't wait to get one of these.

Yeah, whatever.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 12/2/10 08:23 PM, Tetros wrote: I'm psyched for OOT 3D, the graphics look great, pure nostalgia, and it'll be the first non-Toon Link Zelda game on a DS system.

Plus it's in THRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And if it uses the touch screen at all, I'm going to puke.

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Hey guys, I finally got DOnkey Kong Country Returns and all I can say is that...well I'm slightly disappointed.
Might be just because I was hoping it to be more like the first Donkey Kong Country. Well basicly it is the same but just new enemies. There is many changes I must say but the main goal is still the same and it's not a problem to me at all.

I like it a lot but something is just missing.

In single player you can only control Donkey Kong and Didy is more like a friend in your back with jet-pack. It is nicely done, great challenging levels.

But here is the best part that safes the whole game. Co-operation mode, in that you and your friend contorl the DKs together, no high fives, 2nd player moves Diddy and it's free.
I got to say if you've bro,sister, or some other friend with good sense of humour and patiance you guys will fall in love with the Co-operation. Damn it was so much fun.

But even it is very fun I just feel weird when i play it. I guess that I seriously just miss the days playing DKC as little kid.

But yeah I recommend you guys to get it.

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 12/2/10 08:53 PM, Tetros wrote:
At 12/2/10 08:47 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: And if it uses the touch screen at all, I'm going to puke.
Yeah this. Well, the touch screen IS used for inventory and such, but it's much easier and faster then having to go through four different screens to equip the Iron Boots in the water temple, although it does lose some of it's nostalgia factor.

Indeed, it was so annoying that you had to go through those screens all the time to switch boots. It's one of the main reasons why I didn't like the Water Temple that much.

I'd rather use the touch screen than having to go through that again.

At 12/3/10 01:20 PM, wallrus wrote: But even it is very fun I just feel weird when i play it. I guess that I seriously just miss the days playing DKC as little kid.

Sounds like it.

The main complaint I've heard was about King K. Rool and the Kremlins not being in the game, but that didn't sound like a legitimate complaint to me.

BBS Signature
iluvcawk
iluvcawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 11:45 PM Reply

Currently, I am working on beating 'Mystical Ninja'

goemon was my favorite game when i was had n64!! fat blue guy with farts was so funny lol

iluvcawk
iluvcawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 12/5/10 12:03 AM, Tetros wrote:
At 12/4/10 11:45 PM, iluvcawk wrote:
goemon was my favorite game when i was had n64!! fat blue guy with farts was so funny lol
S'up Mesogleac.

sup tetroos

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 12/4/10 11:45 PM, iluvcawk wrote:

I remember I once started playing that game, but I didn't get far. I got passed some giant robot part and then I had some dragon which could fly me to places I've already visited.

Although it was clearly not of the same quality as Ocarina of Time and Donkey Kong 64, I think it showed quite some potential and it looked like a pretty good RPG for its time.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 12:19 PM, Auz wrote:
Although it was clearly not of the same quality as Ocarina of Time and Donkey Kong 64, I think it showed quite some potential and it looked like a pretty good RPG for its time.

Yeah... It was nothing compared to OoT really, but it was super fun... I don't know. I was like 6 years old when I was playing that game and I loved it to death, even though I was not very good at it... I wish I still had it... N64 games cost so much at Pawn Shops and stuff, it is ridiculous!

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 01:42 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 12/5/10 12:19 PM, Auz wrote: Although it was clearly not of the same quality as Ocarina of Time and Donkey Kong 64, I think it showed quite some potential and it looked like a pretty good RPG for its time.
Yeah... It was nothing compared to OoT really, but it was super fun... I don't know. I was like 6 years old when I was playing that game and I loved it to death, even though I was not very good at it... I wish I still had it... N64 games cost so much at Pawn Shops and stuff, it is ridiculous!

The good and popular ones, yeah. I've been looking for Conkers Bad Fur Day for quite a while now, but so far I haven't found anything cheaper than about $69. I've seen high prices on games like Paper Mario, Majoras Mask, Perfect Dark and Donkey Kong as well.

Seriously, my N64 games collection must be worth at least $1,000 by now.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 03:06 PM Reply

I feel so stupid now for selling a majority of my N64 games at my garage sale like 7 years ago.

Yeah, whatever.