00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vilanael just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,272 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-12 03:24:44

At 9/11/10 02:08 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/9/10 11:49 AM, wallrus wrote: Woah I also found some game called Prey it was also developed like 11 years or something like that...
Well 3DRealms made apparently some fine games even though it seems that most of them were delayed by many years..
I don't know them from anything else than Duke Nukem, but to be honest I never really pay attention to the developers of a game.

Haha I must admid niether do I. But I've not heard any of the games they've done O,o
Except Duke Nukem but thats it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-12 03:26:47

At 9/11/10 07:30 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Donkey Kong Country Returns gets official box art and release date.

Okay, I'm officially pumped for this game. I can't believe that Nintendo is giving us a new Donkey Kong title and releasing it so soon. Normally, that might scare me, but the studio that's doing it is respectable and the game play videos look very promising. The idea of simultaneous co-op in the franchise sounds great and I hope it advances the classic game play of the SNES games into something even better.

I'm really hoping to get this on Day #1. Who else wants it?

I think that I will get it, I've wanted new version of DKC since the day I completed the game, but still 100% completition, But it's too boring to try to remember the secret places so what ever I just want to play it as fast as possible =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-12 05:07:00

At 9/11/10 07:30 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Donkey Kong Country Returns gets official box art and release date.

I'm really hoping to get this on Day #1. Who else wants it?

Awesome!

I'd definitely be interested. Looks like a fun 2D platforming game, but I might have liked a 3D Donkey Kong more. The last time he went 3D was in Donkey Kong 64 if I remember correctly and that was a great game.

At 9/12/10 03:24 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 9/11/10 02:08 PM, Auz wrote: I don't know them from anything else than Duke Nukem, but to be honest I never really pay attention to the developers of a game.
Haha I must admid niether do I. But I've not heard any of the games they've done O,o
Except Duke Nukem but thats it.

I guess they're not that popular.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-16 10:31:50

Hmm just wondering if you guys have any opinions about Sonys motion controllers.I think it's rediculous that Sony basicly copies Nintendo.
And seems to me that Sony is also extremely hypocrite, since I heard that Sony kept wiimote as stupid idea.This is just something I heard while I was surfing in other forums.

But I figured out a great slogan for the Sonys version of wiimote.
"The motion controllers of Sony, twice as much joy for the female players"
The plastic di**
Don't know about you guys but it just remnds me off a freaking dildo.

I know that this had really nothing to do with the topic of this thread but still just want to say that this pisses me off a little. I might be overreacting but still...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-16 13:21:17

At 9/16/10 10:31 AM, wallrus wrote: Hmm just wondering if you guys have any opinions about Sonys motion controllers.I think it's rediculous that Sony basicly copies Nintendo.
And seems to me that Sony is also extremely hypocrite, since I heard that Sony kept wiimote as stupid idea.This is just something I heard while I was surfing in other forums.

But I figured out a great slogan for the Sonys version of wiimote.
"The motion controllers of Sony, twice as much joy for the female players"
The plastic di**
Don't know about you guys but it just remnds me off a freaking dildo.

I know that this had really nothing to do with the topic of this thread but still just want to say that this pisses me off a little. I might be overreacting but still...

I've heard some things about that system.

Indeed, it's obviously a Wii rip-off. The Wii has probably been the biggest commercial success out of the three major consoles and now Sony is trying to cash in on the hype as well. I though Microsoft was also working on something similar.

I guess they'll have to come up with this though, as they're gonna lose more and more customers to Nintendo if they refuse to innovate and expand their target audience.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-16 13:59:51

At 9/16/10 01:21 PM, Auz wrote:
I've heard some things about that system.

Indeed, it's obviously a Wii rip-off. The Wii has probably been the biggest commercial success out of the three major consoles and now Sony is trying to cash in on the hype as well. I though Microsoft was also working on something similar.

Did you check out the comments that people had left ? There is some serious facts, someone said that Sony hasn't created anything new or innovating in 5 years or something like that and that the motion controller is just total ripp off or something. Well that guy was definatly right.

I guess they'll have to come up with this though, as they're gonna lose more and more customers to Nintendo if they refuse to innovate and expand their target audience.

Yeah you're right.Nintendo has to do at leats these 2 things: Improve their servers for the Wi-Fi connection supporting games and also improve the next generation console so that it's graphics and powers will match with Xbox and PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-17 01:50:47

Hey just been in shop which do u guys reccomend on wii?

Mario Galaxy 2 or New Super Smash Bros Brawl?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-17 02:19:26

At 9/17/10 01:50 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Hey just been in shop which do u guys reccomend on wii?

Hmm well I have both so...
Brawl
Brawl is a very addictive game. I played that game for months without getting bored with it. You can never get 100% with all the unlockables of characters, levels, trophies, stickers, challenges, and old Nintendo classics. And if you have wi-fi im not sure if they still do this but every day you log on you would get a pic and a video of something and it was always really cool. And with a fabulous story mode I thought it was one of the best games in the world.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
The game was really fun but way to simple. In one week I got 119 stars but of course my eyes were glued to the screen. The game was extremely fun but to easy.

So please go with brawl if you are an expert gamer. But if you want something simple go with Super Mario Galaxy 2. But I recommend Brawl and im pretty sure everyone probably will to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-17 14:38:53

At 9/16/10 01:59 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 9/16/10 01:21 PM, Auz wrote: I've heard some things about that system.

Did you check out the comments that people had left ? There is some serious facts, someone said that Sony hasn't created anything new or innovating in 5 years or something like that and that the motion controller is just total ripp off or something. Well that guy was definatly right.

Do they mean when it comes to video games or also TVs, Blu-Ray and that sort of thing?

But yeah it's a rip-off like I said, and I don't think it'll be such a huge success. I think the Wii has already taken the wide majority of the customers who are interested in such a thing.

Yeah you're right.Nintendo has to do at leats these 2 things: Improve their servers for the Wi-Fi connection supporting games and also improve the next generation console so that it's graphics and powers will match with Xbox and PS3

I'm not too bothered with the graphics to be honest. For me, cutscenes in games don't really have to look like very realistic movies or something. I'd rather have good and fun gameplay and an interesting story.

At 9/17/10 01:50 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Hey just been in shop which do u guys reccomend on wii?

Personally I got a little tired of Brawl after two weeks, but then again I haven't tried the online mode.

I haven't played Mario Galaxy 2, but I would probably pick that one if I had to choose. I think in the end I'll have more fun with it than with Brawl, but that's just me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-17 19:02:26

On the topic of Playstation Move, I totally disagree with it. There are a lot of people I've seen complaining about how it is a Wii rip-off, and how it does look like a dildo.
Well, both are right, it definitely is ripping off the wii's motion controls, and I've seen people saying on other websites stuff along the lines of, "Who cares if they ripped it off they did a better job at it." Well, Playstation Move was just released in North America like, a few days ago at the most... The majority of the people saying it is better haven't tried it as far as I'm concerned.

I have every system and I have absolutely zero intentions of buying Playstation Move, I thought the motion controls in the original PS3 controller was a bad idea enough as it is, and the motion controlling should be kept with the Wii and nothing else.
However, it's obviously too late for that. Time will tell how Playstation Move turns out, the way I see it, it's just a money grab from Sony, which is not surprising at all. It's just like the Playstation Eye, I ended up spending about forty or fifty dollars on that when it was released and I have NEVER seen or talked to another person with one. I couldn't say where mine is now, and I'm glad about that.
Sony has been releasing stuff for money since day one and most of it is just cool at starts, then dies down right away.
Regardless, I have a lot more respect for Nintendo when it comes to motion control, but as a system in general I DO prefer the PS3, but Sony is really stupid for making Playstation Move, very disappointed in them for that, but hey, it's a business and business = money, can't blame them.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-17 22:33:52

At 9/17/10 02:38 PM, Auz wrote: Personally I got a little tired of Brawl after two weeks, but then again I haven't tried the online mode.

Really!? That game raised me during summer. Online mode is fun but you have to be real competitive on there. I always did team mode like a wuss cause just normal brawl I got like ten hits in.

I haven't played Mario Galaxy 2, but I would probably pick that one if I had to choose. I think in the end I'll have more fun with it than with Brawl, but that's just me.

Brawl is better in my opinion. I thought Super Mario Galaxy 2 was to easy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-18 01:51:00

At 9/17/10 02:38 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/16/10 01:59 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 9/16/10 01:21 PM, Auz wrote:
Do they mean when it comes to video games or also TVs, Blu-Ray and that sort of thing?

Not sure but as far as I understood, they do mean video games.Not really sure about anything else.I don't really check this stuff often, I just saw advertisement on TV with black sony motion controller and it had pink top...
Haha, oh god I was laughing so hard when I saw that, my friends were like holy crab it's a ****

I'm not too bothered with the graphics to be honest. For me, cutscenes in games don't really have to look like very realistic movies or something. I'd rather have good and fun gameplay and an interesting story.

You're right about that, I don't personally see anything bad about the graphics, people seem to have lost the true meaning of video games.They're to have fun and need to have good story to get some replay value. Kids in these days think it's all about graphics. Maybe it is because of the online gaming, I've seen many games with possibility to play online and usually their Stroy mode sucks or is just like rushed.

I wish I knew some games to recommend but I'd like to get some new game too and can't really find anything I'd be interested about =/

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-18 08:50:10

Thx guys for ur thoughts about my question, but i made a slight mistake, i already have brawl i meant bros, so Galaxy 2 or Super smash bro? xD

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-18 12:56:03

At 9/18/10 08:50 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Thx guys for ur thoughts about my question, but i made a slight mistake, i already have brawl i meant bros, so Galaxy 2 or Super smash bro? xD

Go with Galaxy 2.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-20 09:10:57

At 9/17/10 07:02 PM, EpicFail wrote: but Sony is really stupid for making Playstation Move, very disappointed in them for that, but hey, it's a business and business = money, can't blame them.

Well like I said, I think it's not gonna be a huge success. They're not gonna attract older generations or the younger kids cause those have already bought a Wii. Within the PS3 fanbase, I don't think that an awful lot of people are interested in a Wii rip-off, so I wouldn't be surprised if this goes the same path the eye toy thingie went.

Also, I heard the Wii motion + was more accurate with following your movements than the playstation move controllers, so they don't beat them in that area.

At 9/17/10 10:33 PM, Domo wrote:
At 9/17/10 02:38 PM, Auz wrote: Personally I got a little tired of Brawl after two weeks, but then again I haven't tried the online mode.
Really!? That game raised me during summer. Online mode is fun but you have to be real competitive on there. I always did team mode like a wuss cause just normal brawl I got like ten hits in.

I don't know, maybe those games that you're supposed to play with more people don't appeal to me that much. I quickly got tired of Mariokart Wii as well, even though I did play it often with some friends.

Brawl is better in my opinion. I thought Super Mario Galaxy 2 was to easy.

Haven't played Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I can't say much about it.

At 9/18/10 01:51 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 9/17/10 02:38 PM, Auz wrote: I'm not too bothered with the graphics to be honest. For me, cutscenes in games don't really have to look like very realistic movies or something. I'd rather have good and fun gameplay and an interesting story.
You're right about that, I don't personally see anything bad about the graphics, people seem to have lost the true meaning of video games.They're to have fun and need to have good story to get some replay value. Kids in these days think it's all about graphics. Maybe it is because of the online gaming, I've seen many games with possibility to play online and usually their Stroy mode sucks or is just like rushed.

That's one problem I'd have with more modern videogames. I heard nowadays it's quite normal that games only last for... 10 hours max and for the rest it's all about the online multiplayer mode. I'd rather have a good, solid 1P adventure/campaign mode with online multiplayer as more of an extra than having it the other way around.

At 9/18/10 08:50 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Thx guys for ur thoughts about my question, but i made a slight mistake, i already have brawl i meant bros, so Galaxy 2 or Super smash bro? xD

I'd still go for Galaxy 2, but I haven't played either so I can't really give a fair opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-20 23:01:53

Just like what EpicFail said Super Mario Galaxy 2. I happen to own all 3 smash games, the original, melee, and brawl. And when I played The original it was disgusting compared to brawl. But if you meant super Mario bros wii thats a different story. I am real good with the Mario side scrollers but this one I had troubles. I do not own it but I did enjoy playing it. In 1 night I got to world 2 final boss and I thought it would be easy but no it was hard.

So if you want a challenge and great simple game play - Super mario bros wii.
If you want great story and easy but really fun game play - Super Mario Galaxy 2

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-25 01:57:05

Nintendo starts acting like total assholes to fans.

When did this start happening to non-Earthbound fans?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-25 02:13:15

At 9/25/10 01:57 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo starts acting like total assholes to fans.

I remember when I was addicted to Soul Silver for 2 weeks and I couldn't wait for Black / White. I checked that site almost everyday for new info. After I stopped caring this kind of sucks cause I wanted to get to know the game more now but now I don't think I can.

This reminds me when are they going to put EarthBound on wiiware. I haven't bought anything iff there in months ( 7 months ) but when that comes I will be willing to pay $50 to just get it if I could.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-25 02:19:19

At 9/25/10 01:57 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo starts acting like total assholes to fans.

That site kind of sucks, here's copypasta.

"Pokémon Black/White is going to be huge. It's already been released in Japan to record sales and perfect scores, and Nintendo seems set to duplicate that success in the West when the games land next spring. However, Nintendo isn't making it easy on fans...

After posting images of all the new Pokémon from Black/White on their sites, fansites Pokébeach and Serebii have been threatened with closure by Nintendo. Check out this letter:

"While Nintendo appreciates your interest in and support of the Pokémon game series, your publication of this content infringes Nintendo's copyrights in violation of federal law. Your activity also and has the potential to cause substantial damage to Nintendo, and leaves Nintendo with no choice but to take steps to protect its intellectual property rights.

We have accordingly submitted a copyright infringement notice to your domain registrar under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and anticipate that your website will be taken down shortly. We encourage you to immediately remove from your website all graphics, screenshots, and other protected content taken from the Pokémon Black and Pokémon White games. Going forward, you must also refrain from posting any screenshots, videos, or other content that infringes Nintendo's rights in the Pokémon series or any other game.

Your full and immediate compliance with the foregoing should render further action on Nintendo's part unnecessary. It is essential that we receive your written response confirming that you have taken these necessary actions by Sunday, September 19, 12:00 p.m. PDT, however, or Nintendo will have no choice but to consider its alternative legal remedies."

Of course, both sites complied immediately. Pokébeach, in particular, was none too happy about it, however. Their response was to replace all images from Black & White with Ditto, a Pokémon from 1996 who they feel "will best represent Pokémon's current image." Pokébeach took it a step further and changed their name to Pokerbeach, since they "figured using 'Poké' also has the chance of causing substantial damage to Nintendo's property."

The Pokébeach writer then went on to state that maybe Nintendo should be more concerned with battling rampant DS piracy rather than wasting their lawyers' time on humble fansites that advertise their games for free. He's got a point.

It was later admitted that the images were procured from a ROM, but does that really matter? Is bullying your loyal fans the best course of action for Nintendo, or will images of a game that's already been released in Japan really "cause substantial damage" to Nintendo's intellectual property?

In my opinion, that's kind of crappy, Nintendo. You used to be so friendly."

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-25 09:06:41

I understand that pokemon is property of Nintendo and legally you can't just go and showcase pictures of the game without permission. On the other hand, that's no way to treat your most loyal fans.

I have no idea how it could be 'damaging' to Nintendo if they show pictures of a game that's already brought out in Japan. Footage of a highly anticipated game always starts spreading quickly as soon as a game comes out anyway. Also, sites like that do help with advertising and raise interest in the game series.

I'd say that threatening to close down such fanmade sides does much more damage for your image as a company.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-25 14:39:27

At 9/25/10 10:09 AM, Tetros wrote: We've been discussing this over in the Pokemon club, and I feel that Nintendo has every right to do so. They're a big corporation, and they need to make money. If they don't want pictures or videos or whatever leaked out, fine. We all know everything will be back up once the games are released worldwide, and by then, most people will have BEATEN the main story!

Yeah not knowing much about does want to make me buy it cause I don't much about it. But I wont cause I would get my ass kicked if someone found out :P. The only eason I got soul silver and Heart gold is I won it in a contest.

...Also, how do Dittos represent Nintendo's current state? I always thought of them as Pikachu...

Cause ditto can do ANYTHING.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-26 00:39:57

At 9/25/10 09:06 AM, Auz wrote:
I'd say that threatening to close down such fanmade sides does much more damage for your image as a company.

Yeah, but maybe Nintendo is using the Activision school of thought where being a dick to everyone is the key to success. Who knows?

Also, I found this while surfing the web. Comments on it?

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-26 01:08:46

Is anyone hear an animal crossing fan. Most people hate the series but I happen to own all 3. I was just wondering if any other people like it or at least ave some thoughts about it. I really like the series and have put a few hundred hours into it.

At 9/26/10 12:39 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Also, I found this while surfing the web. Comments on it?

That is adorable. I laughed when I saw Wario. Someone should make that into a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-28 12:59:11

At 9/26/10 12:39 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
Also, I found this while surfing the web. Comments on it?

Haha, it's adorable and totally epic =)
Why is WaLuigi so pissed off all the time ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-28 13:30:44

I really really want Pokemon Black... Like, ridiculously fucking bad...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-28 14:35:40

At 9/26/10 12:39 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Also, I found this while surfing the web. Comments on it?

Wario's look suits his character.

At 9/28/10 01:30 PM, EpicFail wrote: I really really want Pokemon Black... Like, ridiculously fucking bad...

So far all I've seen from the game are the new Pokemon and I think generally they do look better than Gen 4.

The types they attached to some Pokemon are just silly though and don't match with their look at all. Although I do like how they went for some unusual combinations like Fire/Bug and Water/Ghost.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-29 02:19:45

At 9/28/10 02:43 PM, Tetros wrote:
At 9/26/10 01:08 AM, Domo wrote: Is anyone hear an animal crossing fan. Most people hate the series but I happen to own all 3. I was just wondering if any other people like it or at least ave some thoughts about it. I really like the series and have put a few hundred hours into it.
I own all three, I'm a big fan, although it's a series that eventually you get bored of, stop playing, and then eventually realize your town has been decimated while you were off playing Smackdown vs RAW 2010 and Assassin's Creed 2.

...That's never happened to me though.

The B/W designs look great, frankly, I'm looking forward to the game.

Also, 64... WIN. FUCKING. PIC.

Yes a fan. My town is currently pimped. Wild World I cheated but city folk I tried to do no cheating. But in city folk I got my house fully paid off even the flag. I bought the town fountain and the extra bridge. I have a golden shovel and slingshot. And 200,000 bells saved up in the bank for the light house.

Anymore Animal Crossing Fans?

At 9/28/10 01:30 PM, EpicFail wrote: I really really want Pokemon Black... Like, ridiculously fucking bad...

I can't believe how many awesome NGers want black and white. Now I have less self concerns about getting it.
----------
Is anyone interested in getting the 3DS? Im want to wait outside the store all night. Thats how much I want it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-29 09:14:42

At 9/29/10 02:19 AM, Domo wrote:
I can't believe how many awesome NGers want black and white. Now I have less self concerns about getting it.

What do you mean? Like... Why would you have self concerns about getting it? I know 25 year olds who are awesome as hell that play every single one and have over 100 hours of gameplay, hahaha.

Is anyone interested in getting the 3DS? Im want to wait outside the store all night. Thats how much I want it.

I'm not very interested at all, if my brother buys one then I'll check it out and play with it, I guess that will determine whether or not I'd want to spend my own money on it... It seems interesting but not really my kinda thing in a way.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-29 15:17:08

At 9/26/10 01:08 AM, Domo wrote: Someone should make that into a sig.

Working on it, we'll see how it turns out... I think it might be a good one to link to the club, haha.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-09-30 13:12:57

At 9/28/10 05:39 PM, J-Cobyz wrote: i wpuld like to have some NES talk...like about the worst or best games in NES...or the urban myths in some Nintendo games like TABOO: The Sixth Sense....

I never witnessed much of the NES era, so sorry but I can't say much about any of the games.

At 9/29/10 09:14 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 9/29/10 02:19 AM, Domo wrote: I can't believe how many awesome NGers want black and white. Now I have less self concerns about getting it.
What do you mean? Like... Why would you have self concerns about getting it? I know 25 year olds who are awesome as hell that play every single one and have over 100 hours of gameplay, hahaha.

At this point I think Pokemon has become one of the most complicated RPG games out there, which makes it appealing for older audiences as well.

At 9/29/10 03:17 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 9/26/10 01:08 AM, Domo wrote: Someone should make that into a sig.
Working on it, we'll see how it turns out... I think it might be a good one to link to the club, haha.

Lol, looks nice :p

BBS Signature