00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VolublePally just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

785,793 Views | 8,817 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-24 00:39:58

Bipolar Smiley: (:(

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-24 02:46:25

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-24 07:59:35

Last time I requested, I only got one review and it was very very late. Hopefully I'll get one sooner this time? :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-24 08:01:29

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-24 15:09:26

Tomppaah here again :) This time I have yet another Orchestral piece I'd very much like to get reviewed.

I got some very useful tips from Supersteph54 with his last review. I took these in consideration when making this track, so I hope now that you'll all be as pleased with it as I am.

I love to make orchestral music, and I hope you guys like to listen to it! Enjoy!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-24 19:40:26

At 7/23/10 10:43 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Hey, I finally have an internet connection, but only for a bit.

Thanks a lot, Haggard, for posting the club info. Just pointing out that this text file has all of the links and HTML tags ready :).

Good luck updating, Animith!

Hope you're having an awesome time. I never got where you're at right now, though.

I'm too... influenced to do shit now. Animith, I'm hoping you can at least wait till I get 100% tomorrow?

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 00:52:24

Hey can I join please? Just some praise...

PRAISE:

"Thank you!!" - MissCrushed, Annie's Song (8-Bit)
"Now that is an in-depth review!"- MobiusIII, TranceJump
"Really like the lengthy review Very helpful." - Nexundo, -the shire-
"by far the most useful review i´ve ever got!"- Acidmittens, acidmittens-elska livet
"thanks for your outstanding review... :3" - DJames50, No Doubt (Chip-Mindless)
"No, thank YOU for such a quick and uplifting comment :)... your kind words and support have helped in convincing me that this project is a good idea" - ShiverMeSideways, Why? (test/demo)
"Solid review, thank you for your competancy [sic] in the field of listening to music and articulating what you hear."- InvisibleObserver, Ruining Monotony

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." | Review Request Club | New Rating System

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 04:40:16

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:

Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.

- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).

- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.

- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.

- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.

- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.

- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.

- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.

- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.

- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:

If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:

List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).

1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.

3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.

5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).

7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:

Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?

I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?

The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?

There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?

Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.

You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?

No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?

No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?

If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.

No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 05:09:04

At 7/24/10 07:40 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I'm too... influenced to do shit now. Animith, I'm hoping you can at least wait till I get 100% tomorrow?

About this: I've got five more to do, but I need to mow the lawn and do some washing so I can't get it done quite yet. And the hangover is killing my will to review. I'll get it done, though. I'm just hoping the update is in American time. That way, I've instantly got an additional couple of hours.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 05:35:50

Well if i can get off of my lazy ass to do it i could help out with the reviews again, but unfortunately i might not be able to, but i will try. And while i'm at it, i'll post my 3 songs for reviewing now =3

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 05:37:42

At 7/25/10 05:35 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Well if i can get off of my lazy ass to do it i could help out with the reviews again, but unfortunately i might not be able to, but i will try. And while i'm at it, i'll post my 3 songs for reviewing now =3

Goddamn it, hit the button to soon........

Hope i didn't missread your post...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 05:45:13

At 7/25/10 05:09 AM, Soapbubble wrote:
At 7/24/10 07:40 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I'm too... influenced to do shit now. Animith, I'm hoping you can at least wait till I get 100% tomorrow?
About this: I've got five more to do, but I need to mow the lawn and do some washing so I can't get it done quite yet. And the hangover is killing my will to review. I'll get it done, though. I'm just hoping the update is in American time. That way, I've instantly got an additional couple of hours.

Well that depends entirely in which American time you're referring to :P
But anyway. it's 10:44am in the UK, I'm not really planning on doing the members update for another ten, twelve hours or so? Just to give people as much time as possible to finish it. But I've got not problem giving extensions if it means we can have anyone hitting that 100% mark. Good luck! :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 08:23:02

At 7/25/10 05:45 AM, Animith wrote:
At 7/25/10 05:09 AM, Soapbubble wrote:
Well that depends entirely in which American time you're referring to :P
But anyway. it's 10:44am in the UK, I'm not really planning on doing the members update for another ten, twelve hours or so? Just to give people as much time as possible to finish it. But I've got not problem giving extensions if it means we can have anyone hitting that 100% mark. Good luck! :)

Awesome! I've got five more audio reviews and then I'm done. Think I'll try to do some extra as well, so that I don't have to do them next week, seems like we'll have a lot of audio.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 12:51:46

Aaaand done! I hope I haven't missed anyone. If so, could you post here and send me a message so I can get that one done? Give me an hour? I probably wont take that long, cus I'm staying home tonight so I'll see the message pretty soon after you send it.

I'll just get some cleaning and stuff done now, then I'll see if I can't get some extra audio tracks done as well. That'd lessen the burden for me next week.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 12:54:34

HY GUUUYS!!

I've been away for a LONG time, don't you guys think?? Are you missing my idiot jokes and my awesome reviews??

I just wanna ask something: When is the update going to be??
:D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 13:47:23

At 7/25/10 12:51 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Aaaand done! I hope I haven't missed anyone. If so, could you post here and send me a message so I can get that one done? Give me an hour? I probably wont take that long, cus I'm staying home tonight so I'll see the message pretty soon after you send it.

Just did a quick check for you and you did get them all, so thanks for that! Means every request has got a nice RRC review to it!

At 7/25/10 12:54 PM, RogerBK wrote: HY GUUUYS!!

I've been away for a LONG time, don't you guys think?? Are you missing my idiot jokes and my awesome reviews??

D

ROOOOGERRRRRR =D Nice to see you!

The Member's Update is in the planning to be posted in three, four hours or so? Unless people require extensions.

The Request List will probably get posted within the hour! Watch this space ;D

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 14:48:55

At 7/25/10 01:47 PM, Animith wrote:
At 7/25/10 12:51 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Aaaand done! I hope I haven't missed anyone. If so, could you post here and send me a message so I can get that one done? Give me an hour? I probably wont take that long, cus I'm staying home tonight so I'll see the message pretty soon after you send it.
Just did a quick check for you and you did get them all, so thanks for that! Means every request has got a nice RRC review to it!

Awesome! I'm on a streak now!

The Member's Update is in the planning to be posted in three, four hours or so? Unless people require extensions.

Gotta try to not sleep, then. Wanna see the list before I sleep.

The Request List will probably get posted within the hour! Watch this space ;D

Great, then I'll get some reviews done now. I've got work pretty much ever day this week, and I have to finish all of them by Friday.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 14:50:17

D

Awesome to see that the older members are returning!

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 14:58:48

Roight, down to linkage-y business. The request list for this week!

Flash Requests (7)
You cant touch Neil Tyson by Alaska
Judas bread attack! by MonoFlauta
biggie the tank engine by SarezJay
Justice Clocks by SarezJay
Clambo by PatriotClock
CaddyJam by PatriotClock
Cookin by the Book by PatriotClock

Audio Requests (22)
The House Mouse by KieranNG
-+-Crash And Burn-+- by Hikigane
No Words [altonefour] by aryst0krat
Indigenous by DjMindsweeper
(CHS) Iysis: High Treson by ChaosDragon004
Revitalized(WIP) by ThunderHorseL
ReBirth (Bugg Mix) by BuggMusic
Renegade Space Station by Birdinator99
Fabricated Son by sicjes
All I Want - High by Monkeydelic
Acidic Demo by wrayn3
DEATH2EMOS by EpicFail
Big Red - 100 by tingtonger
Gavin A - Minus One v2 by Zooloo75
Kris Sumara - Wip by djsumara
[Fiji]Novocain ~{progressive}~ by MrFijiWiji
TranceJump by MobiusIII
Aspiration of the Dead by anarcheril
[Assios] Midnight Madness by assios
AF - Nightlife by aliaspharow
A Land Far Away by Tomppaah
Accented Hope by Kirbyfemur

Art Requests (6)
John Lennon by up-a-notch
Fatty McGee by up-a-notch
Boring 101 by up-a-notch
Sea in a Coconut by MasterMerol
Alone by MasterMerol
Long Legs by MasterMerol

Extra Audio Requests (6)
Harmony Dissonance by Kirbyfemur
Once Profound by Kirbyfemur
Hell Cruiser by MobiusIII
Teh Danger Song by MobiusIII
Big Red & AOK - FishTits by tingtonger
Follow Me [Alt One Four] by aryst0krat

NOTE:
Requesters who have exhausted their 3 audio requests per month limit are:
Cimba
Hikigane
Mans0n
superuberinsaneausm
borntodj167
aryst0krat
EpicFail
KieranNG

Wait till next month before you can start requesting again, due to the rule of 3 audio requests per month.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 15:10:56

At 7/25/10 02:50 PM, Soapbubble wrote:

D

Hmmm, I can't remember you... Were you an old member or you're a new one??

Also, I'm not that old, I'm older than Animith here in the club, but I'm not like Steph or Coop and Haggard...

Also, we have a niice requests list here... (sarcasm)

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 15:23:47

At 7/25/10 03:10 PM, RogerBK wrote:

D

Also, I'm not that old, I'm older than Animith here in the club, but I'm not like Steph or Coop and Haggard...

I'm also older than Animith, I think. I can't really remember who was here back then, but I think me and Supersteph started at about the same time, then he passed me on the points list and soon after, I left.

It's not that bad a list. The one.... last week was much worse. Not the one that was just now, but the one before that. We had a total of... what, 52 was it?

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 15:23:47

At 7/25/10 03:10 PM, RogerBK wrote:

D

I'm also older than Animith, I think. I can't really remember who was here back then, but I think me and Supersteph started at about the same time, then he passed me on the points list and soon after, I left.

It's not that bad a list. The one.... last week was much worse. Not the one that was just now, but the one before that. We had a total of... what, 52 was it?

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 15:56:08

At 7/25/10 03:23 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I'm also older than Animith, I think. I can't really remember who was here back then, but I think me and Supersteph started at about the same time, then he passed me on the points list and soon after, I left.

I joined in March of this year, so most people are older than I am xD

There's 35 requests in this list, which is 4 worse than last week...and 17 better than the week before it.

I think now the 3 art/flash requests a week and 3 audio requests a month thing is coming more into play we're seeing the lists get a little kinder...but not by much xD 30-odd requests is still quite intimidating!

I did my first sweep through the requests and we fared pretty much the same as we did last time around (Soapy, spoiler alert, you've moved up one place =P). I won't post it just yet as there's still a few hours to go and I wouldn't want to catch anyone short like I did last time! xD

But if anyone wants to see a sneak preview, just PM me now :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 16:19:55

I'm doing my best not to ask for that preview. But hey, I'm glad I bumped myself up a notch. My goal is to catch up with the guys at the top, which might take some time.

But, I'll finish up the audio ones tonight, and depending on whether I'm tired or not after the movie I'm watching is done, I'll write the flash reviews as well. Then I gotta do the audio reviews by Friday, at three o'clock.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 16:59:28

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 17:10:52

At 7/25/10 12:52 AM, spartacusxerox wrote: Hey can I join please? Just some praise...

Hi and welcome to the club!

Your audio reviews look pretty nice, but I think your flash reviews could be a bit more in-depth. If you have a look at reviews other members make like Fro, Coop or Roger I think you'll see what I mean. ;)

Anyway, Animith just posted the latest request list, so I suggest you should start reviewing. ;)
And be sure to post your points before next Sunday. You can see the list of points in the rules posted near the top of every page. We only ask you to do this in the first week so we can be sure that you understood how this club works.

If you have any more questions, just ask. :)

Hi there, how are you doing?

At 7/25/10 02:58 PM, Animith wrote: Flash Requests (7)
Audio Requests (22)
Art Requests (6)

I know I say that every week, but I really try to get some audio requests done this time.

At 7/25/10 04:19 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I'm doing my best not to ask for that preview. But hey, I'm glad I bumped myself up a notch. My goal is to catch up with the guys at the top, which might take some time.

If you continue with your 100%-streaks you'll be up there in no time.
Well, maybe it WILL take some time, but then again, Coop and me (and also Fro some time ago) used to review 100% every week for quite some time. :P
It will be interesting to see if you can beat Coop's record of the longest 100% streak in this club. :D

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 17:26:58

Hi and welcome to the club!

Your audio reviews look pretty nice, but I think your flash reviews could be a bit more in-depth. If you have a look at reviews other members make like Fro, Coop or Roger I think you'll see what I mean. ;)

Anyway, Animith just posted the latest request list, so I suggest you should start reviewing. ;)
And be sure to post your points before next Sunday. You can see the list of points in the rules posted near the top of every page. We only ask you to do this in the first week so we can be sure that you understood how this club works.

If you have any more questions, just ask. :)

Thanks, man. Up till now I've only taken audio reviews in-depth, but I could also do in-depth flash reviews. Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the points list. And I'll ask if I'm confused. Sweet! Now I'll review when I get home. I'm at college now, and I don't have headphones. Thanks again! Cya round!

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." | Review Request Club | New Rating System

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 18:31:05

At 7/25/10 05:10 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/25/10 04:19 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I'm doing my best not to ask for that preview. But hey, I'm glad I bumped myself up a notch. My goal is to catch up with the guys at the top, which might take some time.
If you continue with your 100%-streaks you'll be up there in no time.
Well, maybe it WILL take some time, but then again, Coop and me (and also Fro some time ago) used to review 100% every week for quite some time. :P
It will be interesting to see if you can beat Coop's record of the longest 100% streak in this club. :D

Oh? How many weeks in a row did he get?

I'm going to review 100 % every week unless I'm away. If I don't go away, maybe till school starts. And even then I'll try to get as much as I can done. For the club!

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 18:49:49

Hey all, here's the Member's update!

It's for the most part a repeat of last week; some people did the odd review, some did none, the three amigos all gave a great showin', and Soapbubble steamrolled through with a continuation of the 100% streak.
And while the average per member did fall a fair bit down from last week, the average review per request went up by 0.02, which means that generally every request is getting what they came for, which is a decent review for their pieces!

While we gained another new member this week (TheNewYorkTimes!), we're also seeing a fair few members (myself included) falling more than somewhat off the map in terms of inactivity. But to put a positive spin on that, people like Soapbubble will probably jump up the list far faster than should be possible ;D Watching this space on that one:

Member's Update #48
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 6517 | 1019 / 1279 | 79.67% || 072 | 12 / 31 | 038.71% | Haggard
02 ) 6466 | 1011 / 1278 | 79.11% || 069 | 11 / 31 | 035.48% | Coop83
03 ) 3474 | 0537 / 1251 | 42.93% || 036 | 06 / 31 | 019.35% | Fro
04 ) 2693 | 0419 / 1158 | 36.18% || 003 | 00 / 31 | 000.00% | Supersteph54
05 ) 1934 | 0308 / 0514 | 59.92% || 003 | 00 / 31 | 000.00% | Animith
06 ) 1699 | 0267 / 0659 | 40.52% || 021 | 03 / 31 | 009.68% | RogerBK
07 ) 1418 | 0230 / 0332 | 69.28% || 033 | 05 / 31 | 016.13% | sixflab
08 ) 0788 | 0118 / 0871 | 13.55% || 003 | 00 / 31 | 000.00% | Celx-Requin*
09 ) 0615 | 0099 / 0110 | 90.00% || 196 | 31 / 31 | 100.00% | Soapbubble
10 ) 0564 | 0089 / 0888 | 10.02% || 000 | 00 / 31 | 000.00% | Joshsouza**
11 ) 0313 | 0048 / 0510 | 09.41% || 000 | 00 / 31 | 000.00% | ChampionAnwar*
12 ) 0113 | 0017 / 0165 | 10.30% || 015 | 02 / 31 | 006.45% | Domo
13 ) 0076 | 0010 / 0244 | 04.10% || 003 | 00 / 31 | 000.00% | CheppZanoff*
14 ) 0071 | 0011 / 0164 | 06.71% || 012 | 02 / 31 | 006.45% | Spysociety
15 ) 0048 | 0007 / 0085 | 08.24% || 009 | 01 / 31 | 003.23% | mrty
16 ) 0021 | 0003 / 0031 | 09.68% || 021 | 03 / 31 | 009.68% | TheNewYorkTimes NEW!

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
**: User has been inactive for the last four weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last six weeks
****: User has been inactive for the last eight weeks

If you are inactive for more than six weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than eight weeks you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 31
Total Requests All Time: 1279
Reviews Made This Week: 76
Total Reviews All Time: 4934
Average Per Member: 4.75
Average Per Request: 2.45
Sigs Forgotten: 0

*New to the List: TheNewYorkTimes
Leaving the List: None

*All Requests Completed:
Soapbubble (:

---

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-25 18:52:34

oh and this to please:

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/up-a-
notch/late-at-night
not my best but i am going to come up with a better one!

BBS Signature