00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pixiesweetheart7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate?

358,742 Views | 21 Replies

Ok so i installed flash a few days ago, and my friend gave me an actionscript to use to make flashes but its not working. Is my script not detailed enough? Do i need better stage directions? Can anyone help me?

setMovietitle (Tanks on Rampage);
TotalFrames (540);

setscript "Green Tank rolling over a school bus, a bus driver named Otto jumps out of it and begins climbing the tank, he jumps inside and knocks the guy out and begins driving the tank into the sunset";

startAnimation;

gotoAndPlay(1);

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:52:46

At 10/16/04 09:50 PM, Da_Vandal wrote: Can anyone help me?

Not a person in the world :)

BBS Signature

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:53:07

...You can't create movies with AS... animate them...

ey

BBS Signature

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:54:28

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You cant make a movie that way dumbass. HAHA. You have to actually draw and animate everything. HAHA. You are the truest n00b ever.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:54:33

Ahahaha ur kidding right?

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:55:04

Man your friend got you good.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:57:56

Your buddy must either be really pissed off at you or a complete dunce. There is no property "Title" and you cannot animate an entire movie in action script. Computers can't understand human language or wording. They understand there own language. You cannot tell a computer to "Do your math homework" because the computer doesn't understand human sentences. I don't really know how to explain what i'm getting at perfectly.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 21:59:04

Why am i automatically a noob because i ask one freakin question.. if you guys arent gonna help me thats fine but you dont have to be dicks about it... im sure you guys didnt come out being born to make flashes.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:00:20

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA OMG U DAM FUCKING n00b

BBS Signature

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:01:23

At 10/16/04 09:59 PM, Da_Vandal wrote: Why am i automatically a noob because i ask one freakin question.. if you guys arent gonna help me thats fine but you dont have to be dicks about it... im sure you guys didnt come out being born to make flashes.

we werent born to make flashes, but you werent born to use a computer

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:03:04

At 10/16/04 09:59 PM, Da_Vandal wrote: Why am i automatically a noob because i ask one freakin question.

It's not that you asked a question. It's the question you asked.

You don't seem to understand that a computer can't understand human language. You just told it to make a movie in this sense "Tank comes, bus driver beats it". The computer doesn't know what a "Tank" is, doesn't know how to make a tank "Come" (I know it sounds gross. Get your mind out of the gutter people) it doesn't know what a "Bus driver" is, or how to make one "Beat" "It" because it doesn't know what "It" is. You have to be specific with computers.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:03:11

No, just destined for greatness.

By the way, get used to this kind of treatment dude. Newgroundites will beat your ass if you do that. It's happened to a lot of us.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:04:15

Stage directions.... jesus titty fucking christ..... dude, you have to draw each picture and change it every frame to create the illusion of movement. How the hell would you even believe you could type an AS like that? How would a computer know what to draw, or know what a bus is? God damn dude.... i think theres a few screws missing, or you had no idea what flash is.

I hate TIME CRIME!

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:05:14

At 10/16/04 10:04 PM, DropTrou wrote: How would a computer know what to draw, or know what a bus is?

Actually, the computer probably wouldn't know what "Draw" is. But i'm glad that SOMEBODY gets what i'm saying.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:07:41

No im not saying a computer wouldnt know what "draw" is, im saying a computer wont know what TO draw, since this guy thinks by typing "stage directions" the computer will be able to animate and draw them.

And yeah, I completely understand what you're saying.

I hate TIME CRIME!

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:13:58

At 10/16/04 10:04 PM, DropTrou wrote: How would a computer know what to draw, or know what a bus is?

ok good someones helping... so what if i edited it like this? I'm actually defining 'bus' this time? is that setup with the proper syntax?

bus= 'yellow rectangle with four tires'
tires=circle

startAnimation;

gotoAndPlay(1);

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:17:10

Dude, NO, theres no action script to animate for you. You have to draw all the shit yourself, you have to animate it YOURSELF. I think your just fucking with everyone to piss us off.

I hate TIME CRIME!

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:20:32

*sigh*
YOU have to DRAW everything YOURSELF and ANIMATE it YOURSELF
http://newgrounds.com/flash/index.html

BBS Signature

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:20:41

well i give up...
is there anyone that would like a good script to animate from then, you can take the credit for the animation part.

thanks to everyone who wanted to help.

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:23:43

Look you fucking moron, we all did help. Your just a fuckin idiot. THERE IS NO ASSFUCKING SCRIPT. I repeat, THERE IS NO FUCKIN SCRIPT. I dont know where you got that idea, but your wrong, Ask anyone, ask the best artists on Newgrounds, it cant be done. Your a moron, and you should slit your throat and put yourself out of misery.

I hate TIME CRIME!

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:26:56

Wow... BIGGEST... N00B... EVAH!

Good lord, son. God have mercy on your tainted soul and your single-celled brain.

"That's what the internet is all about. You have to feel like a retard before you can learn to not be a retard." -- Squidbit

BBS Signature

Response to Why Wont This Stupid Movie Animate? 2004-10-16 22:34:00

Locked by request.

BBS Signature