00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wide Layout

72,512 Views | 643 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:02:54

this actually makes we want to stop making flash.

the icons have became pointless for the flash artist

and it looks overall thrown together and shit.

please for the sake of flash movie makers change it back.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:03:18

Loving it!!!

Very good for playing the SC Guitar Maniac Dx games XD

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:05:02

oh ya liljim these guy are pulling your leg. im on firefox and the wide layout works fine.

Castle Crashers Collab Programmer

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:05:24

No offense, I know you guys probably put a good bit of work in it, but you really should have an option for pop-up without it automatically loading that flash. The previous version was far superior to this.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:06:06

Could be better if it was a little smaller?

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:06:15

I love the idea of the new wide layout and the related content being right where you can see it. It's a good improvement. Only one thing, I feel its pretty important to see what the flashes are rated for like violence, adult themes, etc. Because I monitor what my younger sister watches and that plays a big part in what I let her see. Plus I think it is important in general to know what you are getting yourself into before you watch the movie. It seems like a small difference now but I remember when Flashplayer updated their layout and changed their website to animationarcade they too got rid of the rating system. I think that is about the time I made a full fledge switch to newgrounds which I am very happy I did. (Thank god I found Newgrounds) Anyways I hope you take this into consideration as I know I am not the only person who thinks this. Thank you.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:08:50

At 5/26/09 09:06 PM, Calicard wrote:
At 5/26/09 09:02 PM, livelavalive wrote:
I agree with this complaint. I love the idea of making icons. I mean if Im going to actually make something 46 x 46 I'd like people to see it! It's part of the reason people click them!

Icons still appear to be in use when you mouse over the videos' names.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:09:01

Hmm, I don't really like the new layout. It's really bad for old computers like mine and creates a lot of lag. Maybe put in a option for the new layout in My Account?

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:09:29

Very cool, nice work guys!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:10:52

I don't care for this at all. I wish you could give us an option to stick with the old style layout. The flash pages look so messed up now.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:11:14

oh yeah I didn't even notice that aspect of it either. The icons are the most important and effective way to advertise your flash. This idea is good but it needs improvement.

-Change the icons back
-Please change the ratings system back to normal.

Other than that it seems great.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:11:28

When i saw the new layout, I tought that something was wrong or that the portal was broken, but it was something worse than a broken portal, i was a change, and seriously guys, i realy didnt liked that.
It looked better before.

Well, that what i think.

I think the last layout was BETTER.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:12:41

At 5/26/09 09:06 PM, Calicard wrote:
At 5/26/09 09:02 PM, livelavalive wrote:
I agree with this complaint. I love the idea of making icons. I mean if Im going to actually make something 46 x 46 I'd like people to see it! It's part of the reason people click them!

I'm sorry to say but this guy has a real good point right here I didn't noticed until he said it. I often click or not click by the icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:12:27

Umm tom this is the most ugly thing I have ever seen.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:12:36

Whoah, widescreen is freakin' neat!

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:13:03

I must repeat, THIS SHIT SUCKS.

It makes me want to punch babies.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:14:23

I wish for a option to change it back to what it was, since my pc its very crappy most of games will lag with in the same screen of flash ads.
Also, nice work on the sun/moon thing, pretty cool stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:14:51

Also, what the hell is this thing, and why is it blocking the profile stuff?

PS: Shame on Egoraptor for posting a flash on Lock Day.

Wide Layout

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:15:52

I'm digging the new layout! Very good job

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:15:55

You should make the layout fit with the rest of the site, and not have the layout change when you click on a flash game.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:17:11

One problem I did notice is that my browser now blocks the pop-up option (requiring it to be disabled to work), which it never did for the old pop-up button. Should be simple to fix, I miss that button..

Either way, good job. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but it looks nice.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:17:20

meh, I like them both, but the old one a bit more. I like getting to read things before.

WHY YES

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:17:21

At 5/26/09 08:18 PM, MG34 wrote: This thing reaks of lag

My computer crashed trying to reply to this post.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:17:56

it took me a few seconds to find the voting icons and the "leave a review" button. other than that, nicce job tom. i do miss ross though... :( i hope he's okay. i live in the same state as him :D

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:19:09

aww yeah I love the layout man, I can watch and vote at the same and enjoy the view!!

I love hunting for Blam points!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:19:51

ahh, its not that great...
i guess its better because you can preload the movie while reading comments..
i liked the skinny part better...

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:19:41

Im disopointed,,, good thing i almost never visit the flash portal : D

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:21:21

I really like the new layout, I never noticed I was blocking so many ads until I saw the little boxes in the new layout. The ability to dim the rest of the site was really cool, felt like a movie theater, and 16:9 aspect ratios are always awesome.

Grasp your knife and join the Basterds.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:22:12

Well...
I can't say I like it, but then I can't say that there's that much wrong with it either. My main problem is that it plays the flash movie as soon as you open the page, so if you just want to read reviews or authors' comments without actually watching the movie, you can't really do anything about that.

I agree with a lot of people that there should be a switch in the user settings for it, or maybe something on the main page, so you don't have to log in...

With a few past updates, such as the giant numbers on the reviews, and the removal of Audio Portal download rankings (Gold Track, Platinum Track, etc.) I've wished there could be some option to switch back, but this one just screams it.

Maybe make a few minor improvements, such as the content part of the ratings system, and then leave some time for users to get used to the new layout, THEN consider giving a change back option.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-26 21:22:38

At 5/26/09 09:10 PM, spitfire wrote: I don't care for this at all. I wish you could give us an option to stick with the old style layout. The flash pages look so messed up now.

I agree this adds a lot of inconvience.
Like you can't see what a movies content is anymore.
Plus putting a A,T,M or E does not make it very clear to new Newgrounds users what content a movie has.