VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew May. 27th, 2013 @ 05:40 AM Reply

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and our fallen soldiers this Memorial Day. Thanks for being on duty, wherever you are.
Ganked the picture from here, apologies for not being more creative, like posting a nice pin-up chick... ohwait! :)

Military Crew

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Military Crew Jul. 31st, 2013 @ 03:10 AM Reply

Hi, I've posted in this crew a few times approximately around the time I was in a local cadets. I've returned as I'm considering joining Canadian Infantry. I know most of you are American but I'm hoping at least a few Canadian military members are in this crew, I'm just having a few tough decisions to make like whether to join Regular or Reserve. I know in these upcoming years the Canadian army will be experiencing a huge down time with us completely leaving Afghanistan and whatnot.

Anyway, a few of the questions I would like answered if there's any Canadians or people that would have knowledge of such things are in this crew. First off was the decision I mentioned previously of whether to join Regular or Reserve. I'm aware of the benefits of each, but I would also like to see some semi-long term deployments as an infantry soldier. Also, I've heard from some friends that a lot of airborne training is required to in the infantry. This may sound pathetic for someone wanting to join Canadian infantry but I'm afraid of heights. So, yeah that's about all I was wondering.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 20th, 2013 @ 06:47 PM Reply

I thought this thread is as good as dead.

At 7/31/13 03:10 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Hi, I've posted in this crew a few times approximately around the time I was in a local cadets. I've returned as I'm considering joining Canadian Infantry. I know most of you are American but I'm hoping at least a few Canadian military members are in this crew, I'm just having a few tough decisions to make like whether to join Regular or Reserve. I know in these upcoming years the Canadian army will be experiencing a huge down time with us completely leaving Afghanistan and whatnot.

Anyway, a few of the questions I would like answered if there's any Canadians or people that would have knowledge of such things are in this crew. First off was the decision I mentioned previously of whether to join Regular or Reserve. I'm aware of the benefits of each, but I would also like to see some semi-long term deployments as an infantry soldier. Also, I've heard from some friends that a lot of airborne training is required to in the infantry. This may sound pathetic for someone wanting to join Canadian infantry but I'm afraid of heights. So, yeah that's about all I was wondering.

The army isn't exactly officially hiring Regular personnels, however, you still able to join. Regular or Reserve, commission or not, you will receive the same beginner trainings. You might hear of BMQ in cadet. It's not as tough as most people hyped it. By my own experience, Regular is harder to join. On Reservist, you actually get a stable career with isn't that much riff raff of the military weight over your shoulder, since you're part-time.

I had feared a lot of shit before joining military (acrophobia included!). But trust me, once you're in, you will banish your fears like they're not there. Isn't the goal of joining military is to make you stronger?

Head over to Army.ca, join and find out more. Forces.ca info is too vague, they won't help you answer a lot of your questions. Read this, gonna help you. This forum is for fitness/training/course/req. Ask question here about recruitment. Browse around, and best, ask questions.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Military Crew Aug. 20th, 2013 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 8/20/13 06:47 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
The army isn't exactly officially hiring Regular personnels, however, you still able to join. Regular or Reserve, commission or not, you will receive the same beginner trainings. You might hear of BMQ in cadet. It's not as tough as most people hyped it. By my own experience, Regular is harder to join. On Reservist, you actually get a stable career with isn't that much riff raff of the military weight over your shoulder, since you're part-time.

I had feared a lot of shit before joining military (acrophobia included!). But trust me, once you're in, you will banish your fears like they're not there. Isn't the goal of joining military is to make you stronger?

Head over to Army.ca, join and find out more. Forces.ca info is too vague, they won't help you answer a lot of your questions. Read this, gonna help you. This forum is for fitness/training/course/req. Ask question here about recruitment. Browse around, and best, ask questions.

Wow, thank you for the help! There's so much more information, especially since Forces.ca was in fact the one I was using. I was getting some decent info on infantry but Army.ca really has bushels of info for me to read. But yeah I've been hearing about how the upcoming period could be a downtime for the CF because we currently have so many experienced people yet were without need for them. Thanks a bunch for the info though, I appreciate it.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 06:18 PM Reply

I'm currently in engineer and it's the easy going branch of military, as least to me. I'm not a warmonger however I have the greatest urge to participate in a major war. I had the same feel when US announced it would apply military action to Syria. I guess it would be very long time before I have my chance to see any action.

Anyone here stations at CFB Petawawa?

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature