New Topic Respond to this Topic
B4gle
B4gle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 12:06 PM Reply

I just watched the movie Jarhead yesterday, what did you guys think of the movie if you've seen it? I thought it was pretty good, even though there wasn't much action or anything like that.

You have to draw the line of determination from desperation. What is truly yours would eventually be yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Military Crew Aug. 18th, 2009 @ 04:30 PM Reply

well actually you could get E-4 even before you go to Basic recruit 2 people and do the online training and Voila E-4 of course having a degree you might as well be a officer better pay and you get to do cooler shit.

C1C
C1C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 12:10 AM Reply

The names Creature and I'm proud to say that I'm a nasty, unmotivated reservist.

C1C
C1C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 12:16 AM Reply

The names Creature and I'm proud to say that I'm a dirty, unmotivated reservist.
Well I'm a Lcpl, the most useful rank in the entire Marine Corps( as well as most underrated).
I'm an 0331 and am (somewhat) disappointed to say that eventhough I was deployed, I never got off a single shot.
Hopefully the next one will make up for this bullshit deployment.
FML

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 8/17/09 07:09 PM, Grubby wrote: Are chances of surviving a deployment pretty high as long as you take cover? Were you guys ever afraid of RPG's and IED's?

What kind of stupid question is that. Look at the numbers for yourself. Compare the number of people that go on deployment and those that die.

In all honesty unless you're infantry you'll probably be inside the wire most of the time, so you won't get much of a chance to have anything happen to you.

At 8/19/09 12:16 AM, C1C wrote: The names Creature and I'm proud to say that I'm a dirty, unmotivated reservist.
Well I'm a Lcpl, the most useful rank in the entire Marine Corps( as well as most underrated).
I'm an 0331 and am (somewhat) disappointed to say that eventhough I was deployed, I never got off a single shot.
Hopefully the next one will make up for this bullshit deployment.
FML

OOH RAH

I love unmotivation such as that that you show. But then again when you're in the reserves you don't have much of a choice but to be unmotivated. Especially when you actually do active duty, and then you get to the reserves and everybody else is a bunch of fat lazy asses that act like the army.

But yea long live the LCpl network, I'm hoping to pick up a nice meritorious Cpl soon enough, I do have enough motivation.

Oh and I'm normally reservist, but I'm on ADOS right now.

Where you based.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 8/20/09 09:47 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: then you get to the reserves and everybody else is a bunch of fat lazy asses that act like the army.

Fuckin Hooah! Join the army everybody! We've got chips and salsa and sportscenter is on. Just sweep the trash off of the chair and you're welcome to have a seat. :)

Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 10:10 PM Reply

Don't know if I could ask here, but,

What are the Pros and Cons of the US Army vs. US Marines?

Rangers vs. Marines?

French Foreign Legion vs. Any US military service?

I've been interested mostly in the FFL, but have been considering Marines and Rangers. I'm training like hell to get into shape for any branch. I almost know I'm going to be doing something military, and I'd love to be a PMC as a career.

Sorry if I'm retarded or this is a bad question, feel free to delete this post if you feel it's needed.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 8/20/09 10:10 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: What are the Pros and Cons of the US Army vs. US Marines?

The Marines are a lot more balanced, whereas the Army is completely sporadic. What I mean by this is that Marine infantry is much better than standard Army infantry, and probably Airborne as well, but the Elite units in the Army, Ranger, SF, etc. are better than the elite units in the Marines. I was in Ranger Bat for a few months and when I met up with some Force Recon guys, they seemed like they had it pretty easy compared to us.

Rangers vs. Marines?

^^^

French Foreign Legion vs. Any US military service?

Isn't there like 1000 people in FFL? I wouldn't aim for that as a goal in the military unless you're one of those guys that's the best at everything you've ever tried in life. That shit is like unmakeable. Ranger was hard enough as it was and it doesn't even compare.

I've been interested mostly in the FFL, but have been considering Marines and Rangers. I'm training like hell to get into shape for any branch. I almost know I'm going to be doing something military, and I'd love to be a PMC as a career.

Your best bet is either Marine Infantry, or Ranger bat. I'll let Spiffy explain to you everything from the Marine side, but for the Ranger side, you go through OSUT, which is 14 weeks of nothing too serious. Just getting yelled at and having to do pushups every now and again. Microscopic drop out rate. Then you'll go to Airborne school, which is where you jump out of planes. It's 4 weeks long. It's really easy, and jumps aren't anything special after the first few times. Even if you don't make it to Ranger bat, you'll get 150 dollars a month extra for the entire time you're in an Airborne unit by being Airborne qualified. Frankly, if you do anything in the Army and you don't go Airborne, you're a dumb ass. It's free money. You can stop here and move on to an Airborne unit, such as the 82nd if you choose to, If you want to go higher though, you can go to R.I.P. if you enlisted with it in your contract. IF YOU PLAN ON GOING RANGER, DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE RANGER INDOCTRINATION PROGRAM ON IT. Your recruiter may tell you that you can just get a Ranger contract in basic or something like that, but it's bullshit. Out of the 40 or 50 guys in my basic training company that wanted to go to R.I.P. that didn't have it in their contract, TWO of them got to go. Don't let yourself get fucked by the recruiters, and I'm sure spiffy can vouch for that on the Marine side. R.I.P. is probably the most miserable thing you will ever do while you're doing it, but when you're done, it's totally worth it. It's 4 weeks long. The 1st week is the week they REALLY try to get everyone to quit. You spend most of the time not doing anything other than standing in formation. The sergeants running the course are constantly out there fucking with everyone. At the end of the day, you can barely walk up the stairs because your body is so fucked. We started our class with 160 people and by the end of week 1, we were down to 80. Then week 2 is Cole Range, which is the week you spend in the field. All the obvious pussies have quit by now, and this is the week that they break the people that are pretending they're not. You'll get about 5 hours of sleep that whole week. You do an 8 mile ruck march out to the place at a pace that you will not see anywhere else in the military. You just run the whole way. It tears your feet up. Out of the 80 guys in our class, about 30 made it to Cole Range with the original formation. Everyone that was still out on the road had to get on their stomachs and low crawl the rest of the way since they didn't make it on time. They give you about 5 minutes to check your feet once you're done, and then they start making you run to the woodline (about 200 yards away) and back over and over. You'll spend the week digging 8 foot long, 3 feet wide, 3 feet deep graves with etools for weaker soldiers, eating garbage, pulling security for 4 or 5 hours straight in near freezing conditions with thin gloves and a hat on to keep warm, and if you fall asleep, you're immediately removed from the class. All the while the sergeants will sit next to a huge bonfire eating pizza and drinking pop and they'll let you come sit with them and eat and shit if you just sign a paper saying you quit. When the buses show up on Friday, it's amazing. After week 2, all you have is the Ranger Standards test, Ranger PT test (pushups, situps, five mile run, and pull ups) 12 mile ruck march which must be completed in less than 3 hours, and the air assault tower where you slide down the ropes like in Black Hawk Down. If you fail, you just get sent to an Airborne unit. I'd recommend Ranger bat to anyone though. Those dudes are hardcore as fuck. Out of 160 people, 47 of us graduated. It's really something to be proud of. If you've got the determination to do it, then go for it man.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Aug. 21st, 2009 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 8/20/09 10:48 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:10 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: What are the Pros and Cons of the US Army vs. US Marines?
The Marines are a lot more balanced, whereas the Army is completely sporadic. What I mean by this is that Marine infantry is much better than standard Army infantry, and probably Airborne as well, but the Elite units in the Army, Ranger, SF, etc. are better than the elite units in the Marines. I was in Ranger Bat for a few months and when I met up with some Force Recon guys, they seemed like they had it pretty easy compared to us.

I like that response, I don't know how to compare Marine Recon and other branches special forces though...

Your best bet is either Marine Infantry, or Ranger bat. I'll let Spiffy explain to you everything from the Marine side

You need to learn the art of the paragraph my friend that gave me a headache.

To be Marine Corps Infantry you basically go through School of Infantry for 6 months right out of boot camp. Most of the guys I know are able to do it, but you do need pretty good stamina and physical shape, but it's not the most difficult thing in the world. I have two friends that went to recon school, one got broken (injured) and didn't make it, the other one has been in and has been a Corporal and recon man for 3-4 months. I haven't talked to him since, so I really don't know how it is, but he was always in great physical shape.

It's pretty straight forward. But you can't really go in with a contract to go recon, it's easy to do infantry, but I think once you make it they just give you the opportunity to try for it if you want. Sometimes it just depends on what they have slots for also. Gotta fill the holes needed, that's how the Marine Corps works, since we are such a small force.

Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Aug. 21st, 2009 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 8/20/09 10:48 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:10 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: French Foreign Legion vs. Any US military service?
Isn't there like 1000 people in FFL? I wouldn't aim for that as a goal in the military unless you're one of
those guys that's the best at everything you've ever tried in life. That shit is like unmakeable. Ranger
was hard enough as it was and it doesn't even compare.

Daw. :(

Thanks for the advice though guys, I really appreciate it. I'm still going to try for the FFL as long as I have hope, lol. I'm training and disciplining myself like crazy to build up muscle and endurance. I'm down to one snack and one main meal a day that has all that I need to do what I need.

I'll definately consider Rangers though. Seems like a real hardcore group. What are your guys' opinion on Private Military Contractors?

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Aug. 21st, 2009 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 8/21/09 08:43 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: I'll definately consider Rangers though. Seems like a real hardcore group. What are your guys' opinion on Private Military Contractors?

There's two types of jobs with PMCs. Static Security, and your guys that go out on patrol. You can get a job doing static security which is just walking around a somewhat secure area with an M4 and doing guard duty, which you'll make around 3 times as much as the average soldier, getting around 250 bucks a day.

Then there are the guys that go out on the patrols. For this type of job, you need to have generally around 4-8 years experience in some type of Special Forces group, SEALS, Army SF, Force Recon, LRRP, etc. They're very exclusive, and a lot of them recruit from SF units and don't even bother with people applying for jobs. The plus side is you're looking at around 500 bucks a day. Sadly this type of job is going the way of the Indian though do to public outcry and the wars slowing down. By the time you got 4-8 years experience in an SF unit (most require you to be 21 to attend their qualifications courses), these types of jobs will be long gone.

I recommend watching the documentary Shadow Company. It's a really good look at the inside life of some contractors with a company in the UK. It's awesome. It just sucks that all that money that was getting thrown into those companies is getting harder and harder to get. You could TRY, but I think the PMCs are gonna be extinct before too long.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Military Crew Aug. 24th, 2009 @ 01:54 PM Reply

hey PMC is a great job in three years you could buy a house, 2 cars and put all your fucking kids through college.

and enough left over to buy beer.
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Aug. 28th, 2009 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 8/24/09 01:54 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: hey PMC is a great job in three years you could buy a house, 2 cars and put all your fucking kids through college.

Those guys make WAAAYYY too much money.

Don't tell liberals what you do though, cause they'll want to execute you on the spot.

sensanaty
sensanaty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Aug. 28th, 2009 @ 08:18 AM Reply

Well ill Join the military for i think a month or so so can i join (Im 19 but in Serbia you go to the military when your "Ready") So can I join?

Behold as i cast a SPELL Over my nose
Snape Snape Snape Snape Snape Snape Snape SNAPE!!!!!!!!!1 XFIRE! Xfire account!

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Military Crew Aug. 28th, 2009 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 8/28/09 12:23 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 8/24/09 01:54 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: hey PMC is a great job in three years you could buy a house, 2 cars and put all your fucking kids through college.

Those guys make WAAAYYY too much money.

Don't tell liberals what you do though, cause they'll want to execute you on the spot.

yeah they will fucking go beserk on you if you tell them what you do (if your reg military or Private Millitary Contractor) you wil probably get pickted and shit and protests in front of your house.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 12:49 AM Reply

Am I right in believing that Spiffy gets back today?!

turbosquad
turbosquad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM Reply

i spent 4 years as Security Forces (military police) in the USAF...im still in and still a cop, but im reserves now. currently a Staff Sergeant (E-5). if anyone has any questions about the air force id be glad to try and answer them. im one of the AF's biggest critics, but im proud to serve and dont really like trash talk between branches, and especially between allied nations. ive seen clubs like this before and all anyone does is argue about what branch is better in the US, and who would win if certain countries went to war...so if this club is all about mud slinging then forget i posted, but if this club is here to legitimately provide information to those interested in serving in the military, and to intelligently discuss military related issues then count me in...that is, if the thread-starter will have me...

...i've been here a while...

This is my awesome new sig...Do you like it?

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 01:26 AM Reply

You're in the right place turbo. Spiffy is a marine and I'm in the Army, and the way this thread has gone mostly is discussing the differences between our branches, and talking to the high school kids who come here looking for information. Of course, there's occasional friendly poke from branch to branch now and again, but never like Z0MG FUCK TEH NAVEE! It's been pretty mature as of yet. Hope to see you posting here more.

The thread has been a little dead lately as usually me and spiffy talking keeps it on the first page so people see it and come in here and post (like you just did), but he's been out doing field training for a fucking minute. He should be back the 25th if I remember correctly though. You said you're a critic of the Air Force, does that mean you don't like it? I know their chow halls are good. Haha.

turbosquad
turbosquad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 02:28 AM Reply

At 9/25/09 01:26 AM, michelinman wrote: You said you're a critic of the Air Force, does that mean you don't like it? I know their chow halls are good. Haha.

haha, i like it, dont get me wrong. i just feel there are many things the af could do a little differently. we seem to struggle so hard to have heritage and tradition, but the truth of it is is that we are by FAR the youngest branch, and therefore dont have the same storied histories as our sister services. the air force tries so hard to have a unique "identity" and sadly, usually comes off as the army's annoying younger brother...case in point, our new uniforms (the ABU, or Airman Battle Uniform...i still prefer the BDUs). i feel we should focus our history and pride on where the AF differs from other branches. like our unique UAV mission, satellite communications, or how the AF is the sole branch trusted to protect our nations nuclear resources...i could go on for hours here...anyway, i am a HUGE supporter of the "joint service operation" direction the US military is moving in. each branch is different, but the mission gets accomplished through teamwork and cooperation. its a beautiful thing...

...so count me in. dunno how often ill be on, but ill do whatever i can to help when im here. also, a little rivalry is all good, no worries...

fallensoul289
fallensoul289
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 08:11 AM Reply

Hello everyone hopfully I can join this crew but I came here to ask a queston to those in the military. I was planning on joining the air force or if not that the army but I recently found out since I have this stupid thing called A.D.D and take medicine for it the air force won't take me. Is this true or can I get a form or something that will override that? Any help would be appreciated. Also don't tell me to lie because I don't feel like being put in jail and being fined.

|Add me on XBL| My flash's|Thanks to SupraAddict for the awesome sig!

BBS Signature
turbosquad
turbosquad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 9/25/09 08:11 AM, fallensoul289 wrote: I have this stupid thing called A.D.D and take medicine for it the air force won't take me. Is this true or can I get a form or something that will override that?

ive been in the air force for over 4 years and ive never heard of anyone being disqualified because of ADD. sometimes recruiters are assholes. try getting a letter from a doctor stating that ADD doesnt interfere with your daily life, and that the medication allows you to focus well. then maybe get like a note from a teacher saying you have no problems concentrating and preform well in class...no guarantees, but that might help...

Also don't tell me to lie because I don't feel like being put in jail and being fined.

unfortunately, alot of people lie in their enlistment papers. especially about drug use. it doesnt happen often, but sometimes it does come back and bite them in the ass. so i wouldnt suggest lying. talk to a recruiter...maybe a different one than youve been dealing with...and see if some documentation from a doctor will help.

AND, best of luck to you! whatever you decide to do, thanks for wanting to serve your country. even just that is WAY more than many people are willing to do!

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 09:04 PM Reply

Relax dude, I joined the army and I have ADHD. Be straight up with the recruiter and he'll advise you in the best course of action. If he tells you to not bring it up, it's because it's so minor that it doesn't need to be brought up. The recruiter puts himself on the line with every person he recruits, and if your ADD is enough of a problem to cause your enlistment to be fraudulent, then he's not going to want to put his ass out there to get in trouble any more than you do. If you do your job and having ADD doesn't effect that, then you've got nothing to worry about.

However, since you are on medication for it, I doubt it's going to be something they're going to want to sweep under the carpet, as the military will want to take it upon themselves to prescribe you their medicine and give it to you for free as opposed to you getting it from off post doctors. That form you're thinking of is called a waiver, and you might have to get one since you are on meds. Since it's something minor like ADD though, (are you just on ritalin or something similar?) there really shouldn't be any issues with it, depending on what job you're aiming for. I have plenty of friends in here with me that have ADD and it's a complete and total non-issue and it didn't affect the terms under which they joined. Don't stress it. Just be straight up with your recruiter and you've got nothing to worry about.

The-word-destroyer
The-word-destroyer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 11:23 PM Reply

Hey I am most likely going to try and join the Navybut I am worried I wont be able to join because im virtually blind in my right eye but have perfect vision in my left eye. better then perfect actually it's 20/15. COuld i still join the navy just wont be able to do anything that involves combat? I would love to do combat but they wont let me because of my eye vision im sure.

"Target is going to be flooded with desperate NGers now."LoKoCoCo lol

BBS Signature
KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 12:04 AM Reply

Pfff... reservists....

E-3 USMC
MOS 6323
Active Duty

Do I qualify?

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 12:08 AM Reply

The OP is a marine reservist. :P He's doing active duty stuff right now though. He should be back around here any day. It hasn't been like a join type of club though. It's more just a large discussion about all things military. There's lots of high school kids who come in here and ask questions about the branches which we all answer, and discuss the differences between our branches and lol at what noobs the coast guard are. Haha. Feel free to jump in the conversation.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 12:15 AM Reply

While I'm not enlisted in the military, and forgive me if I'm intruding here, but I'd like to know the reasons as to why you enlisted. I'm keeping personal opinions out and just asking for a brief rundown, if you guys don't mind.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 12:25 AM Reply

It's cool dude. I joined because of this most fucking definitely. Haha. No but seriously, it just seemed like it was a cool thing to do. I saw rangers in black hawk down and the shit looked cool. So I looked up more stuff about them on youtube and in other places and it seemed like it was the perfect thing for me, and the next thing I knew, it went from being a "hey that'd be pretty cool" feeling to "I will not rest until I'm in Ranger bat" one. The thing that strayed me away from the normal path though was that I've got ADHD and I knew if I went to college right after high school that I was gonna probably flunk out because I just didn't take the shit serious. So I figured I'd go jump out of planes and blow shit up for a few years. :P

It's been pretty cool so far. I spent my whole life in Illinois up until I joined, and since then I've been to Georgia, California, Alaska, and then I got the opportunity to drive from Alaska back to Georgia for FREE, which was probably the coolest experience of my life (seeing as jumping out of planes is way overrated.) I wish I woulda talked to biteme2514 before the trip though seeing as I drove right through Vancouver. :P No matter, I might be heading up there again for Christmas.

KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 12:32 AM Reply

I joined because I felt as its something I wanted to do. I left a decent job and a stable and satifying lifestyle for the Marines. I decided that I didn't want to spend my life thinking "what if I joined". I love what I do and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

turbosquad
turbosquad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 12:42 AM Reply

i joined for the free college...and the travel...i spent 4 years active and am now in the reserves. ive been to iceland, italy, slovenia, austria, germany, switzerland, iraq, qatar...in the states, texas, north dakota, and indiana...all because of the air force...currently living back home in illinois...its not for everyone, but if you decide its what you want it is quite an experience.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew Sep. 30th, 2009 @ 03:09 PM Reply

Pfff... Aircraft systems mechanic...

Just so you know, I know a lot of reservists that have deployed more than many active duty members who stay CONUS their whole "4 year career". There's no shame in being a reservist, unless you don't do shit for your whole 6 years.

Anyways, I'm back from my two month stint on the active side, which was very prolific, and which is hopefully going to get me put on a board to pick up my second chevron. Gotta love being able to do your job better than some Sergeants that have been in for 6 years.

As far as club membership goes, I stated in the beginning if you have an association to the military, I will consider you a part of the club. Just as in real life, we all distinguish ourselves as being part of a certain group that has served their country, we can sort of find an identifier here to discuss in a sort of brotherhood environment.

Knocking on the head of different services is always allowed, in good jest of course. I am a proud Marine after all, and certainly love to joke around that the other services are inferior, as michelinman likes to point out that we are intellectually inferior (yet I have a GT score of 128).

I'm back in school now, so my schedule allows me to frequent here more often, I'll have to make a current list of members soon.