00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EggSmash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

College Life Club

103,751 Views | 1,047 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to College Life Club 2009-03-31 21:33:38

At 3/31/09 04:41 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Though people here might appreciate this? I loved it :3

That's not available in my country because youtube are wankers. Any hints as to what it may be?

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-03-31 22:12:19

At 3/31/09 09:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 3/31/09 04:41 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Though people here might appreciate this? I loved it :3
That's not available in my country because youtube are wankers. Any hints as to what it may be?

It's a music video about how college is good because you can drink alcohol.

Dead.

Response to College Life Club 2009-03-31 22:20:17

Didn't do the best on my teaching lesson today. I forgot a lot of information that I was suppose to go over, but for the most part I got the job done. The biggest problem was the time limit that I was given. If I had a little bit more time I wouldn't have been so rushed and would have gotten all of the information in.

That's something I'm going to have to learn to deal with though as a teacher.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-02 06:21:06

Easter holidays are just around the corner... term finishes for me at 4pm today, when my last lecture finishes. Technically term ends on friday, but fuck that, I have no lectures on friday.

3 weeks off will be nice, although I imagine I won't be staying away for the whole 3 weeks.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-02 08:42:05

At 3/31/09 10:12 PM, Elfer wrote: It's a music video about how college is good because you can drink alcohol.

Ah, god bless England, and having consumed alcohol since an early age.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-05 17:16:42

PS, is the part at the beginning where he shoves the girl off of him and she lands head-first and slams her knee into the floor supposed to be funny and not at all horrifying?

Dead.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-06 19:05:50

It's been a pretty decent day so far today. Not a lot of work and only one exam to study for, which I plan on doing in an hour or so. All last week I had projects due left and right so I really don't know what to do with my free time now. :P

I do have a project to work on tomorrow with a group. It's always group work in all of my classes. Actually there is only two classes that I have out of all of them where we don't do group work. The rest them you don't do work without your partner ever it seems.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-06 21:09:29

Yeah, this year has gone way too fast.

I have a 3 week holiday, then come back for like, 4 exams, and then I'm done for the year.

WHAT THE HELL. Where did all the time go? There used to be so much time. :(

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-06 22:59:39

Goin to college this fall. I'm excited!

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-07 02:14:52

3 assignments to do, one exam coming up tomorrow (30 multiple choice questions on economics, which i hate). Got a High Distinction for my Building assignment, waiting on Property, and on top of that, i need to finish both those subjects assignments in a few weeks, and they're not easy :3

But its fun trolling the discussion board for Business Academic Skills, waste of a subject, so i go into the anonymous feedback discussion board and join in on telling the lecturers how much they fail, and how bad the unit is :D

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-08 21:10:39

One project done tonight and three more for the weekend, but I should have them all done in one day depending on when I wake up in the morning.

I can only think of one more thing after that and I'm about done for this year. NEVR was right when he said it went by fast.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-09 04:11:42

At 4/6/09 10:59 PM, Twone wrote: Goin to college this fall. I'm excited!

Congrats! Where you heading off to?

I'm sure you are going to enjoy it where ever you go. Trust me college is fun but it's also work too.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-09 04:46:21

Just handed in two assignments this week, and did two exams yesterday, and one this morning. Hectic week, that's for sure, but definitely glad it's over. Fucking midterms.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-09 06:33:16

At 4/6/09 09:09 PM, NEVR wrote: Yeah, this year has gone way too fast.

I have a 3 week holiday, then come back for like, 4 exams, and then I'm done for the year.

WHAT THE HELL. Where did all the time go? There used to be so much time. :(

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm already a third through my degree content in terms of lectures.

:O

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-09 10:50:16

At 4/9/09 04:11 AM, reverend wrote: Congrats! Where you heading off to?

William Paterson University here in NJ. Not a prestigious school, but I don't have amazing SAT scores. Or grades.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy it where ever you go. Trust me college is fun but it's also work too.

I'm going into the music department. There will be no fun.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-09 23:04:17

This year has certainly not gone quickly for me. Fortunately, I wasn't forced to do any all-nighters this semester.

After this year I'm going on an internship to work in research and development for a year, which will give me enough money to graduate without debt.

I was enjoying university for a while, but this year has really beaten it out of me. I just want to graduate, get a job, and have my freedom.

Dead.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-09 23:08:26

At 4/9/09 06:33 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm already a third through my degree content in terms of lectures.

O

When you put it like that it sounds even worse :/

Seems like only last month I moved into my student accomodation... and now I've got a house sorted for next year and I'm worrying about end of year exams.

I imagine the next two years will go just as quickly, which is a somewhat worrying prospect.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-10 10:35:27

Days that you don't have to wake up early are just amazing. Seems like if my scheduling goes the way I want it next semester I'll be able to add an extra hour to my sleep in the morning. That's all I really need I think.

I forget when my classes start in the summer, but I do know they are about three hours each. Not too bad though since they are only for a couple of weeks and then I'm done with the summer. Hopefully I'll be getting a job down here right on campus that I applied for too.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-11 03:16:52

At 4/9/09 10:50 AM, Twone wrote: William Paterson University here in NJ. Not a prestigious school, but I don't have amazing SAT scores. Or grades.

I'm going into the music department. There will be no fun.

School is school. It doesn't matter it's not MIT or Harvard. Of course the coursework will be hard no matter what major you're in but I was referring to the other stuff too. :)

At 4/9/09 11:04 PM, Elfer wrote: I was enjoying university for a while, but this year has really beaten it out of me. I just want to graduate, get a job, and have my freedom.

If you mean working 40 hours and ony getting two weeks of paid vaction . . .

I loved school but got bored of it as you did. I was glad to graduate but I really miss the "set your own pace" attitude of college.

At 4/10/09 10:35 AM, Corky52 wrote: Days that you don't have to wake up early are just amazing. . . .Hopefully I'll be getting a job down here right on campus that I applied for too.

Sounds like you got a plan. Usually with me, it was like, "Hmm... I guess I could take summer courses. Nah"

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-11 04:09:53

At 4/9/09 11:08 PM, NEVR wrote: I imagine the next two years will go just as quickly, which is a somewhat worrying prospect.

4 years for me went by like nothing. 2 years from now, you'll be wondering where the time all went and have vivid memories of what you were doing now. Saying enjoy it while it lasts is cliche but it's still the only thing that really can be said.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-12 14:59:08

At 4/11/09 03:16 AM, reverend wrote:
Sounds like you got a plan. Usually with me, it was like, "Hmm... I guess I could take summer courses. Nah"

Hm, a plan isn't something that I'm usually good with though. I'm more of the type of person that makes things up as they go and never really have to much of a plan. Some structure here and there wouldn't hurt me too bad I guess.

I do have to take summer courses to catch up though from changing my major. I was a History Education major and now am an Elementary Education major and some of the classes I took before don't count.

At 4/11/09 04:09 AM, 36Holla wrote:
Saying enjoy it while it lasts is cliche but it's still the only thing that really can be said.

I know what you mean. I know what you mean and I've only been here for two years.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-12 15:07:02

At 4/11/09 04:09 AM, 36Holla wrote: Saying enjoy it while it lasts is cliche but it's still the only thing that really can be said.

Sometimes the most appropriate thing to say IS cliché... but it doesn't make it any less true. I definitely intend to enjoy it while it lasts, although this year was the main "fuck about and do minimal work needed to pass" year, seeing as the first year doesn't count towards my overall degree mark.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-14 00:44:06

Hm, extremely lazy day for me. I had a lot of work to do today, but could barely get any work done because of the internet acting up with a lot of sites and everything. So I basically layed around for most of the day.

I plan on getting off my ass tomorrow though and doing something. Lots of work to do and everything and then I'm done except for exams.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-14 01:08:53

Got 16/30 for my Principles Of Economics exam, im not caring that i went bad, im just happy i passed. It'd be a real kick in the balls to hear that i failed a unit and have to do it again. But so far, all is damn sweet.

lowest mark was 6/30, highest 30/30.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-14 02:55:39

At 4/14/09 01:08 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Got 16/30 for my Principles Of Economics exam, im not caring that i went bad, im just happy i passed.

I'd personally like to do as well as possible this year, but in reality all I have to do is pass... so meh.

Congrats on passing the exam, though.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-14 05:53:27

At 4/14/09 02:55 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 4/14/09 01:08 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Got 16/30 for my Principles Of Economics exam, im not caring that i went bad, im just happy i passed.
I'd personally like to do as well as possible this year, but in reality all I have to do is pass... so meh.

Yeah, im aiming to do the same, but as long as im not wasting time re-doing it all again, im happy.

Congrats on passing the exam, though.

Thankyou :3

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-14 19:11:44

I plan to major in hisstory, most likely military history, and I'm considering political science and business as minors. As it looks right now, I will be taking my first 4 years at either Hammond, IN or Mercer, GA. The last 2 years at, hopefully, Bowdoin, MA or Princeton, NJ.
Any tips from current students or alumnus, preferably from at least one of these colleges and universities?

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-16 08:07:56

At 4/11/09 03:16 AM, reverend wrote:
At 4/9/09 11:04 PM, Elfer wrote: I was enjoying university for a while, but this year has really beaten it out of me. I just want to graduate, get a job, and have my freedom.
If you mean working 40 hours and ony getting two weeks of paid vaction . . .

As opposed to working between 40 and 100 hours a week and getting two weeks of unpaid vacation? Absolutely.

Anyway, I'm about to write what will probably be the hardest exam of the year, and possibly the hardest exam of my academic career (mainly because the prof is a complete dick and also incompetent). I'll let you know how it goes.

Dead.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-16 19:46:07

Exam went okay. I think I passed, anyway. If I have to take that class again, at least it will be with the regular prof and not his shitty stand-in.

Dead.

Response to College Life Club 2009-04-17 09:57:54

Got 2 assignments back today: I got an A in one and a C in the other. Didn't really put that much effort into the second one, so I suppose it's alright considering... and like I keep saying, it's only the first year so all I really need are passing grades.

Still, won't be happy if I get any C's next year.

BBS Signature