JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-26 15:45:09 Reply

At 2/25/09 09:04 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 2/25/09 07:01 PM, JKMonkey wrote: i feel like such a retard right now guys
Don't be so hard on yourself dude. Unless it means you failed the whole unit/subject sort of thing.

nah, it was just the test, there should be two more tests and an exam before were half way through the semester

Also, assignments, i have about 2 already. Your thoughts on when/how to attack it?

i would go for it in one swing, just do it all at once and get it over with

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-27 05:08:53 Reply

At 2/23/09 06:42 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: So, first day of uni today, this week all except one of my units have no tutorials. Much fun was had regardless in the sense of talking to a few people in my course.

Except the lectures were boring. I need to be doing something for me to be interested in it.

What Uni do you to? And what course are you studying?

I started serious on Monday too, had all four of my subject lectures that day too. What a way to welcome me to University life, eh?

My subjects don't seem too bad, though I can already tell that Maths is gonna be a major pain in the arse.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-27 10:13:35 Reply

At 2/27/09 05:08 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 2/23/09 06:42 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: So, first day of uni today, this week all except one of my units have no tutorials. Much fun was had regardless in the sense of talking to a few people in my course.

Except the lectures were boring. I need to be doing something for me to be interested in it.
What Uni do you to? And what course are you studying?

University of Western Sydney, Blacktown campus. Studying Bachelor of Business and Commerce, majoring in Property. Yourself?

I started serious on Monday too, had all four of my subject lectures that day too. What a way to welcome me to University life, eh?

Ah, pain in the ass there, timetable wise to. All my lectures/tutorials are on the same day. So i only have to go 3 days a week.

My subjects don't seem too bad, though I can already tell that Maths is gonna be a major pain in the arse.

Mine aren't all that bad either, they're actually interesting enough (the ones i thought would be boring).

Pixmintro
Pixmintro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-28 16:50:56 Reply

Hey guys, I just got accepted into Edinboro University today! I'm going to major in Animation!

Edinboro, PA near Erie.

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-28 19:08:46 Reply

At 2/28/09 04:50 PM, ixintro wrote: Hey guys, I just got accepted into Edinboro University today! I'm going to major in Animation!

Edinboro, PA near Erie.

congrats dude!

i always wanted to major in Animation, to bad my drawing skills suck

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
Pixmintro
Pixmintro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-28 19:16:46 Reply

At 2/28/09 07:08 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
congrats dude!

i always wanted to major in Animation, to bad my drawing skills suck

Thanks, they're the only school I applied to and the Dean wrote me a personalized letter about how glad they are to have me, after viewing several of my movies.

Also, my parents had the INSANE idea of moving TO Edinboro and hving me live with them... This went on for a month but I finally told them off... Suddenly, they're letting me do whatever I want, the leash has been loosened!

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2009-02-28 19:39:20 Reply

At 2/27/09 10:13 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: University of Western Sydney, Blacktown campus. Studying Bachelor of Business and Commerce, majoring in Property. Yourself?

Nice. I'm at Australian National University, doing a Bachelor of Software Engineering.

Ah, pain in the ass there, timetable wise to. All my lectures/tutorials are on the same day. So i only have to go 3 days a week.

Yeah, I suppose that's both a blessing and curse? At least you get a bit of a break, but those three days of Uni will be hectic. I start my Tutorials and Practicals this week, so I guess I'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that they'll help me understand some of the material in lectures a bit better, since they seem to go through stuff so fast in lectures. My timetable is pretty full, 9-5 most days. I've given myself as much of Friday off as I could though, so I guess that's part of the reason why my other days are so full.

Mine aren't all that bad either, they're actually interesting enough (the ones i thought would be boring).

I know what you mean. So far I thought Engineering would be extremely boring, but it's actually not too bad.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-01 23:47:46 Reply

At 2/28/09 04:50 PM, ixintro wrote: Hey guys, I just got accepted into Edinboro University today! I'm going to major in Animation!

Edinboro, PA near Erie.

Awesome man. I have quite a few friends that go there. We'll have to meet up at a Lock Haven/Edinboro football, basketball, etc... game sometime. I know that Edinoboro played here last year in football so that would mean that I would have to go there next year. That's a big no. >.<

I'm not going to follow a football team around that goes 0-10 every year. Now perhaps if they won a few games now and then I might.

Anyway, when your a famous animator don't forget about me. If you need a writer for an animation I might say that I'm not too shabby at writing for movies. ;)

Click on my signature to check out my Youtube Channel. The Dom and Fro Show!
Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-02 00:42:57 Reply

At 3/1/09 11:47 PM, Corky52 wrote:

OMG Corky52 is writing from beyond the graaaaaaave!

=P

Edinboro, PA near Erie.

But seriously, well done man, hope you do well!

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-02 08:40:41 Reply

YES! My college canceled classes today, and my work closed too, so i finally have a "Snow Day!"

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-08 09:55:50 Reply

At 3/2/09 12:42 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 3/1/09 11:47 PM, Corky52 wrote:
OMG Corky52 is writing from beyond the graaaaaaave!
=P

Yet no reaction when I posted elsewhere in this club after that mishap?

At 3/2/09 08:40 AM, JKMonkey wrote: YES! My college canceled classes today, and my work closed too, so i finally have a "Snow Day!"

It actually got up to 67 degrees yesterday where I live. I couldn't get to enjoy it though because whenever the weather changes I get a cold. Whether it be going from cold to warm or vice versa. Hopefully it's mostly gone by tomorrow because I really hate sitting in class with a cold.

That and I've really been working out great and I would hate to have to slow down anytime this week in lifting. I'm almost getting myself back to my old bench weights. Tuesday I benched 225 pounds 14 times even though my best last year was 16 times.

I've really let myself go since then though. So hopefully I feel better by Monday for class and even better by Tuesday so I can lift.

Friday I'm getting both of my big toenails removed finally. I might be able to finally run now like I use to be able to.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-08 11:49:02 Reply

At 3/8/09 09:55 AM, Corky52 wrote: Yet no reaction when I posted elsewhere in this club after that mishap?

Didn't you know? Apparently dead people regularly post here from beyond the veil!

At 3/2/09 08:40 AM, JKMonkey wrote: YES! My college canceled classes today, and my work closed too, so i finally have a "Snow Day!"

:( The closest thing I've got is Canberra Day, which is tomorrow... or actually today. It's 2:48 am in the morning, and I really should go to bed... Anyway, I love my long weekends.

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-08 12:27:03 Reply

At 3/8/09 11:49 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: ( The closest thing I've got is Canberra Day, which is tomorrow... or actually today. It's 2:48 am in the morning, and I really should go to bed... Anyway, I love my long weekends.

lucky, here in the US we have no federal holidays this March

my next holiday is Easter come mid-April

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-10 06:54:18 Reply

At 3/8/09 11:49 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 3/8/09 09:55 AM, Corky52 wrote: Yet no reaction when I posted elsewhere in this club after that mishap?
Didn't you know? Apparently dead people regularly post here from beyond the veil!

Well that means there has been more talk of dead people here in this thread than in my Ghost/Supernatural Club. :p

I just discovered that there was actually one made before me, but it had been inactive for a year or more. Oh well, mine is the semi-active one now.

( The closest thing I've got is Canberra Day, which is tomorrow... or actually today. It's 2:48 am in the morning, and I really should go to bed... Anyway, I love my long weekends.

Hm, only one snow day here for me and it really wasn't a complete snow day. I still had two classes, but three of them were canceled by the teachers. Last year I remember somewhere around 5 snow days, but looks like none of that is going to happen this year.

At 3/8/09 12:27 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
lucky, here in the US we have no federal holidays this March

my next holiday is Easter come mid-April

We don't have Easter off this semester where I go to college. That is kind of upsetting, but oh well. We use to get a week and a half off. My one teachers was quite upset about not having Good Friday off and gave us a speech about how if we were Muslims we would settle the situation with bombs... I couldn't believe he did that right in class at first, but when I thought about it I've had teachers say things that were a hell of a lot worse than that.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-13 19:47:00 Reply

At 3/10/09 06:54 AM, Corky52 wrote:
We don't have Easter off this semester where I go to college. That is kind of upsetting, but oh well. We use to get a week and a half off. My one teachers was quite upset about not having Good Friday off and gave us a speech about how if we were Muslims we would settle the situation with bombs... I couldn't believe he did that right in class at first, but when I thought about it I've had teachers say things that were a hell of a lot worse than that.

really? Thats odd, my college lets us get off for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and 4th pf July (for Summer classes)

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-14 09:18:03 Reply

100% finished my Building assignment.
80% finished my BAS assignment
70% finished my Property assignment

I think i should go have a day without uni work tomorrow.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-14 11:06:16 Reply

I don't even have any assignments due in until May, I believe. It always seems to work out that I have a few weeks of hectic working because of the proximity of deadlines, and then a long period in which I have basically nothing to do.

I should probably start on my next piece of coursework soon, just to take some of the pressure off when the deadline actually draws nearer... but hmm. See how I feel.

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-14 12:32:49 Reply

So, I passed to third year of my career. I'm very happy : )

I'm going to star classes the first of April, so, until then, vacations!

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-16 23:26:14 Reply

At 3/13/09 07:47 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
really? Thats odd, my college lets us get off for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and 4th pf July (for Summer classes)

I had it off last year. It is weird that we don't have it off this year. Oh well, college is almost over with this semester. I still have a couple more big projects to finish up and do, but it's almost finished.

At 3/14/09 09:18 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: 100% finished my Building assignment.
80% finished my BAS assignment
70% finished my Property assignment

I think i should go have a day without uni work tomorrow.

Hm, I'm never quite done with work any given day. Even when I think I'm done with work there is still something else that I could do. Like tonight I just finished a couple big papers just to remember that I have a worksheet to do in the morning.

(I'm heading to do that as soon as this post is made)

At 3/14/09 11:06 AM, NEVR wrote:
I should probably start on my next piece of coursework soon, just to take some of the pressure off when the deadline actually draws nearer... but hmm. See how I feel.

I always tell myself that I'm going to work ahead and do things, but it's hard as hell to motivate yourself to do it. I really have to try and do this better next semester. It wouldn't hurt trying to start it off at the end of this semester either.

At 3/14/09 12:32 PM, Piromano wrote: So, I passed to third year of my career. I'm very happy : )

I'm going to star classes the first of April, so, until then, vacations!

Congrats!

In other news I have a little story. My biggest advice to people going to college would be to get to know your professors. This may be different in different places of the world, but in America at least participation and attendance is a big part of your grade.

I realized that it's good to get to know your professors by making it a point to talk to them after class at least once a week, get involved in discussions in class, answer any and every question that they may ask and that you know, etc...

I think it finally payed off for me in one of my classes. I got a quiz back and got a 11/10 on it. The weird thing was that there was no extra credit on the quiz and I got two questions on the quiz wrong. I didn't question it, but I really get along with the professor. Does that have something to do about it? Hmm, I don't know, but chances are it might.

Even if they don't do something like that it still helps you learn more and to stay on task. So naturally your grades will be good too.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-17 01:18:56 Reply

At 3/16/09 11:26 PM, Corky52 wrote: ...I got a quiz back and got a 11/10 on it. The weird thing was that there was no extra credit on the quiz and I got two questions on the quiz wrong. ...

I really hope that wasn't a Math class. hahaha :)

I don't know how many people follow basketball but tournament time is near. I really hope my alma mater does well since the football team choked in the championship game.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-18 17:59:29 Reply

At 3/17/09 01:18 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/16/09 11:26 PM, Corky52 wrote: ...I got a quiz back and got a 11/10 on it. The weird thing was that there was no extra credit on the quiz and I got two questions on the quiz wrong. ...
I really hope that wasn't a Math class. hahaha :)

Actually it was. :P

I don't know how many people follow basketball but tournament time is near. I really hope my alma mater does well since the football team choked in the championship game.

Hm, I really couldn't get into any type of basketball this year. I always watched college hoops and the NBA all of the time last year, but I really can't get into it anymore.

Anyway, that toe surgery that I had was a big success. It bleeds a lot, but there isn't any pain at all. It feels so nice to be able to walk around without limping or worrying about anything hitting my foot.

Next week I'm back for the other toe. It may get done this week if the doctor has enough time.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-18 19:03:19 Reply

At 3/16/09 11:26 PM, Corky52 wrote:
I had it off last year. It is weird that we don't have it off this year.

that is weird, anyway Last Week I handed in a big article in Journalism class about the Mortgage Crisis and Job Crisis and got it back today, got a 105%, i got it because i actually interviewed one of the Boston City Councilmen about the issue, i would post it on here, but its to many characters to fit in a post.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-20 13:36:12 Reply

At 3/18/09 07:03 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
At 3/16/09 11:26 PM, Corky52 wrote:
I had it off last year. It is weird that we don't have it off this year.
that is weird, anyway Last Week I handed in a big article in Journalism class about the Mortgage Crisis and Job Crisis and got it back today, got a 105%, i got it because i actually interviewed one of the Boston City Councilmen about the issue, i would post it on here, but its to many characters to fit in a post.

Great job. I only have a few more big projects to do and then I'm finished for the most part. I'm really close in one of my classes to having to retake it. I don't know why though. For some reason I got a 15/20 on a test and she only credited as a 11/20 in the gradebook.

I'm going to talk to her about that because when your on a border line that can mean a big difference. We still have a paper in that class, which I'm generally very good at so I'm guessing I'm going to be completely fine in the class.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
adompeace
adompeace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-22 11:11:07 Reply

Sounds fun.

I'm currently a freshman at City College of CUNY but I hate it with a flaming passion, not because classes are hard, which they're not, but because the people there (students and some of the faculty alike) are such dicks and I just don't relate to them at all. Plus, I don't like the idea of attending a public school that any average schmo can go to.

I'm planning on transferring to Sarah Lawrence College, hopefully by next semester if my academic record and financial support will let me. Sarah Lawrence does not have a "major-minor" system so my concentrations would be music and general liberal arts.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-23 13:57:14 Reply

At 3/22/09 11:11 AM, adompeace wrote: Sounds fun.

Welcome to the club.

Does anyone find Monday's really hard to wake up on? They have to be the hardest day for me to get motivated. Not only in the morning though. I have a hard time getting up and doing anything throughout the day too. The rest of the week I'm much better though.

I've been doing a lot of presentations lately. Having a education major they really get you use to talking in front of a group. Almost all of my classes do this thing where they don't give you a partner before hand or a topic and in class you have to present. They give you what you have to do and who you work with right in class and then you have to present. So you better know what your talking about and better be caught up on everything.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-23 14:16:54 Reply

At 3/23/09 01:57 PM, Corky52 wrote: Does anyone find Monday's really hard to wake up on?

I have nothing on Mondays. Or Fridays. I've had a 4 day weekend every week this term.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-23 17:23:15 Reply

At 3/23/09 02:16 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/23/09 01:57 PM, Corky52 wrote: Does anyone find Monday's really hard to wake up on?
I have nothing on Mondays. Or Fridays. I've had a 4 day weekend every week this term.

So I'm assuming you make up for not having classes on those two days by having them on the rest of the days right?

So that would mean that your first class starts Tuesday. Do you find yourself having a hard time getting started on Tuesday or do you find the long weekend enough of a break?

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-23 18:59:56 Reply

At 3/23/09 05:23 PM, Corky52 wrote: So I'm assuming you make up for not having classes on those two days by having them on the rest of the days right?

Indeed

So that would mean that your first class starts Tuesday. Do you find yourself having a hard time getting started on Tuesday or do you find the long weekend enough of a break?

Not really, because my first lecture on Tuesday starts at 3pm. then I have an hours break and another at 5pm.

Wednesday is a bit lame because after Tae Kwon Do training from 9-11pm (which really is a bit late to train), I have a 9am lecture, which I've rarely attended.

Not wanting to sound like an ass, but frankly I've found a lot of the work this year a bit easy. It is the first year after all, so all I need to do is pass it to get into second year. None of the grades I get this year go towards my actual degree mark... I've still been doing reasonably well nevertheless -- A's and B's for the most part.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-23 20:31:55 Reply

easter next week!

:D

however, four deadlines, a presentation, and two class exams this week D:

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-03-23 23:27:45 Reply

At 3/23/09 08:31 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: easter next week!

Woah, its come pretty fast!

however, four deadlines, a presentation, and two class exams this week D:

I have 2 assignments to hand in this week, already handed one in today, then another 2 weeks and an economic exam/quiz thing.