New Topic Respond to this Topic
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-15 00:05:17 Reply

At 3 hours ago, Dromedary wrote: Spoken to all the Uni's I want to go to, and they all accept BTECs so that puts me in a good position. I'm predicted a DDD (320 UCAS) so hopefully I'll get in to Kings College of London some day.

Oh great that means I have to hate you now.

UC UC WAHEYYYYYY

FeyDream
FeyDream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-15 00:45:31 Reply

Just finished with Final Exams today and I can't believe I survived! I'm currently in my first year of Med-School and it is tough. Just looked at my current GPA and am holding steady at a 3.9.. Hoping it'll get back up to a 4.0 that I had in Undergrad school. I'm slowly working my way towards my MD and spend my free time either at the Beaches in SoCal, Hangin with Buds, Smoking Green, and Gaming. Haha, just recently found this site, and the forums are pretty cool!

Oh yeah, any other Med students out there!? Givin you guys a shout out!

-Fey

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-15 15:28:55 Reply

5 weeks off for Easter, and then 5 exams the first week back. Statistical mechanics, nuclear and thermodynamics should be okay, but quantum mechanics and electromagnetism III will be tricky.

Not even like I'm in the clear after that. As soon as they're done I'm into more revision for another 5 exams a month after those ones. Electrons in solids, investigating the nanoscale, cosmological astronomy, experimental techniques and plasma physics.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-19 12:13:07 Reply

At 3 days ago, TheMaster wrote: 5 weeks off for Easter, and then 5 exams the first week back.

Five weeks is pretty generous. I think we get about three or four, which I do actually plan on making use of this semester. Usually I just treat them as a holiday but I'm going to have to do some serious revision.

I'm also being persuaded to try and look for a job over the summer. Although if I want one I'm going to have to start applying soon. It's obviously going to mean working in Tesco, which is not something I'd like to do but it's pretty much the only option that I can think of.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
ash
ash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-20 12:09:08 Reply

At 14 hours ago, Ejit wrote:

a 2000 word essay on molecular something

2000 is nothingg! You can do it

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-23 10:54:12 Reply

At 17 hours ago, Ejit wrote: Until next week when I will be hopelessly stressed again.

This coming week will stress me out quite a lot I imagine. My final week and everything has to be finished plus I have to take part in a demonstration of our group project, which is currently in no state to be demoed as far as I'm aware. It's looking to be a really shitty week.

Spilt a lot of silver nitrate over a postgrad's hands today. Toxic, corrosive and expensive. But mostly embarrassing.

I hope he slapped you with those hands.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-25 11:49:24 Reply

At 3/23/12 02:34 PM, Travis wrote: Got roughly $15,000 a year through scholarship granted by the school itself and that's 3/4 of my total tuition for 4 years payed off.

That ain't bad at all. I always forget how lucky I am being Scottish, seeing as we don't have to pay tuition fees. A lot of people complain about the debt accrued during their time at university, but I'm luckily still on track to come out of these four years completely debt free.

Down to my last week of the semester now. The two pieces of coursework that were due to be handed in on the Friday that just past for a deadline extension to this coming Friday. Typically I ended up doing very little work over the weekend, so I've essentially thrown away the benefit of having longer to work on these things. I really need to try and dedicate these next five days to working.

I reckon I'm also going to follow through on looking for a summer job this year. I notice the local hospital has been advertising for kitchen staff to work just 12 hours on a Saturday, which for me would be ideal. I wouldn't make a great deal of money, but I'd have enough to go out and stuff over the summer. Not sure if I'd enjoy kitchen work though.

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2012-03-26 16:57:00 Reply

At 3/23/12 02:34 PM, Travis wrote: To bad I am rooming which is an added $20,000 a year.

Dude what the fuck. I live in London which is the most expensive place to live in the UK and my accommodation is half that. Like what the balls seriously.

Just finished and submitted my lab report, it's actually on time, what a glorious feeling that is. It only has a 1% similarity as well, and that was one of my references, so my shit is just too legit.

Now all I have to do is some shitty website and my work is done, although not really still gotta catch up on lectures I missed and revise for exams.

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2012-04-05 23:30:01 Reply

I got accepted into an early entrance to college program. Well, as long as I keep a 4.0 in my core subjects for the rest of this semester. The only way I wouldn't is if I failed all my tests and assignments.
Does that mean I get to join this club on August 27? That's when I'll officially be a college student.

At age 16 years and 3 months.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-01 16:36:38 Reply

So, yeah, I have the rest of this week for class, and then final exams next week. Shouldn't be too bad, I suppose. I'm definitely looking forward to the summer, though.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-01 17:32:21 Reply

Exams start in a week, and I've done no work. Absolute nightmare. Where did all of April go?

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-01 17:37:04 Reply

At 5/1/12 05:32 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Exams start in a week, and I've done no work. Absolute nightmare. Where did all of April go?

To be honest, I don't know. April just flew by, even for me.

Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-03 09:03:12 Reply

At 5/1/12 05:32 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Exams start in a week, and I've done no work. Absolute nightmare. Where did all of April go?

If it's of any comfort to you, my revision started the day before each exam. For one of them, I didn't revise at all. We'll see how this turns out in a few months.

Ejit, you'll be pleased to know that I think the exam went well. I don't know why I'm telling you this here, I just haven't signed into MSN yet. I'll do that now. See you in a minute.

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-07 19:56:30 Reply

Well, one exam down, four more to go. I'm pretty much ready for all of them, this week is just going too slow for me, that's all.

Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-12 10:33:13 Reply

I've recently got a small job (really small and not proud enough to tell you what it is) back in my college town. I don't like my degree and want to get settled back in the town for a year or two and then start a different degree or see what opportunities I have if I go to grad school/get my masters.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-12 11:48:43 Reply

At 5/12/12 10:33 AM, Fro wrote: I don't like my degree and want to get settled back in the town for a year or two and then start a different degree or see what opportunities I have if I go to grad school/get my masters.

I quite like my degree but I always wonder whether I'm going to end up getting a job related to it. My mum seems to be under the impression that when/if I graduate I'm going to be set with a good job and be making decent money but in reality I don't think that's going to happen. In fact, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever actually move out of my home town and into the city or just stay here and work my way up somewhere.

Do you guys ever feel like going to uni was a waste of time and that you'd have been better off looking for some crappy job at 16 and trying to work your way up from there? There's a part of me that always thinks that's what I should have done. Although having a degree can never hurt. Hopefully it will make things a tad easier at least.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-12 16:03:29 Reply

At 5/1/12 05:41 PM, Travis wrote: As for my Financial Aid Package:
32,000 Scholarships, Grants, and other shit

Travis, you gotta help me man! How the hell do I get scholarships and grants and stuff? I need to pay absurd amounts of money for university next year. I'm freakin' out man!

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-12 16:59:40 Reply

At 5/12/12 11:48 AM, Dean wrote: Do you guys ever feel like going to uni was a waste of time and that you'd have been better off looking for some crappy job at 16 and trying to work your way up from there? There's a part of me that always thinks that's what I should have done. Although having a degree can never hurt. Hopefully it will make things a tad easier at least.

Yeah, sometimes I get that feeling. While having a degree will hopefully help, and if nothing else provide more life experience and a personal accomplishment, I do have to admit that sometimes I feel like I would have been better off if I didn't start this whole adulthood thing balls-deep in debt.

On a positive note, I feel like I did pretty well on my exams, and I've settled back home now, at least.

Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-23 06:59:06 Reply

At 5/21/12 12:15 AM, Travis wrote: Either way, I learn who my room mate is in roughly a month. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE AN OUTGOING COOL GUY.

Some frat guys are alright, but dear god, I hope you don't end up with a guy like one of my freshman roommates. I lived in a 4 person suite, and while one was a friend from high school, and one was pretty cool, the other was the living, breathing version of everything the "generic fratboy douche" stereotype should instantly put in your head.

I'm pretty easy to get along with, I believe, but eating all of someone's food, not contributing to anything in the room in any way (cleaning, supplies, etc), blasting shitty rap music all the time, always wandering in late at night, completely shitfaced (would be different if he wasn't such an obnoxious drunk), and just in general being a cocky bastard are all pretty quick ways to grate on essentially anyone's nerves, I believe.

While most frat guys I know I personally wouldn't spend too much time hanging out with, they're not all spoiled little shits, and that was just one shitty roommate out of like 3.

Apart from that, I've been living in a 2 person room with a good friend of mine, and it has been pretty sweet so far. So yeah, that's my 2 cents, and here's hoping that your roommate doesn't end up being a total douchedick.

Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-26 22:01:59 Reply

I graduated yesterday, and I'm already starting classes at a community college on Tuesday. In the fall, I'm attending a larger university.

i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2012-05-26 22:49:52 Reply

exam statistics: complex analysis (math 304): mean: 5.5/25, median 4/25, mode: 0/25, SD 4/25, final: don't know, but many people get zero mark (at least that's what i heard from the TA's)

RIP

I am just a random user from a set of measure zero and thus am negligible.

MtM0201
MtM0201
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2012-06-23 10:37:37 Reply

@ AngryBombshell:

I've been there when it comes to dealing with a shitty roommate. My first roommate in the first college I was at was nothing but a complete lying asshole of a jock. I like my video games, cause well, games are fun. But he would tell a couple neighbors that I didn't do anything but that and it really annoyed him..instead of coming to me (mind you I had a gf who kept me in her room for a week straight for nothing but sexy times, and sometimes including her roommate too). Now I brought the 360 and he brought the PS2 for his sports games, but the moment he gets a kingdom hearts game, he played that more than I was on any game combined. A lot, lot, worse happened which is why I can understand and be sympathetic about your post.

All I can really say for advice is just stay who you are. It's not worth it trying to waste your life away being somebody you're not for the sake of others, as that roommate of yours was doing. Also remember, no matter what people call you, that's not important. What's important is what you allow yourself to respond to. It's not what has happened to you that defines you, It's what you have made it through that truly defines your character.

Best of luck on your next experiences. If you can get into that better school, maybe it's what YOU deserve. Not just because of your ex-roommate and the drama, but because down the line, maybe you won't get a job because you didn't go to a better school. You never know, so take what life offers to the fullest.

Life is like a grindstone: either it wears you down or it will polish you into a fine jewel. Do what you will, but be yourself through it all.

LovelyChris
LovelyChris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2012-07-02 13:32:10 Reply

I'll join...

I'm majoring in Music and Drama at The Julliard School.

I'm having trouble memorizing my "Hamlet" script and the performance is in a week so i'm super nervous...

After I finish college my plan is to get an agent and get into some musical theatre then be spotted by someone in hollywood...

Patton3
Patton3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2012-07-04 03:45:47 Reply

Like most everyone here I imagine, I'm always looking into ways to pay for school. Grants, scholarships, working, selling blood, etc. Well, come Saturday, I'm actually organizing a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project (Donation Page is right here if you're curious) and given I've seen scholarships for most everything under the sun, I was wondering if any of you guys new of scholarships I might qualify for due to this, or where I might look for them. Thanks!

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2012-07-04 07:08:13 Reply

Averaged 71.8% this year, compared to 72.2% last year.

Pretty consistent.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2012-07-06 08:15:10 Reply

I finished my diploma thesis a few weeks ago. Now all I need to finaly finish university is the mark for my thesis and 5 more exams. 2 of them written exams, the other 3 oral exams.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club 2012-08-06 16:51:27 Reply

Well I got my Associates degree a few weeks ago but missed the transfer deadline for UW-Milwaukee until January but I applied for next semster.

What to do?

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2012-08-12 07:40:08 Reply

At 8/9/12 11:48 AM, Travis wrote: I need a new bookbag. Any suggestions on a large ass roomy bookbag that doesn't break my bank account?

I'm afraid I can't really help you there. I've had the same generic bookbag from high school, which was just a random purchase from walmart, that I didn't think much of. Hilariously enough, it has pretty much lasted forever.

Also, damn, the summer flies by. I have this week off, but my first day of class is the 20th, so I'll probably be moving in like Saturday or something.

Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2012-08-13 16:33:22 Reply

Can I join? I'm currently in the Missouri Academy, second day.
It's like college, just like, there are rules and stuff. Check-in times and whatnot. I live in a dorm and will be taking college classes though.

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2012-08-15 12:04:25 Reply

It is no nice to only have to go to class three hours a day. Thursdays I only have one class. I just hope I don't underestimate the classes.

BBS Signature