• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 05:36 PM Reply

At 2/5/09 04:33 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/5/09 12:27 AM, SupraAddict wrote: http://corky52.newgrounds.com/

I though you should know.
One of the more pathetic attention-whoring ploys I've seen on NG. I'm betting it's just his way of "leaving NG with a bang".

20 year olds don't just spontaneously have "multiple heart attacks".

I know. I meant it is in memory of all his work on newgrounds, like this club, the relationship crew and so on, so forth.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 06:54 PM Reply

One of the more pathetic attention-whoring ploys I've seen on NG. I'm betting it's just his way of "leaving NG with a bang".

he could have died from multiple heart attacks if he had a pre-existing condition, but this doesnt add up, he looks to be in great shape in the pic on his blog, he was like you said only 20

weird, if true

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
SupraAddict
SupraAddict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 2/5/09 06:54 PM, JKMonkey wrote:

he could have died from multiple heart attacks if he had a pre-existing condition, but this doesnt add up, he looks to be in great shape in the pic on his blog, he was like you said only 20

right, and he is also an active football player. Once again, maybe he has studies to tend to or he just needed a break from newgrounds. Either way, I would say he'll be back within the month if all goes well.

weird, if true

I will be shocked and have a guilt trip if it does turn out to be true.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 2/5/09 04:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I think more implausible is that he would, in his last dying words, tell someone to go post on his NG account.

That's another reason I forgot to mention. The whole thing just seems like a poorly executed charade...

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 2/5/09 04:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I think more implausible is that he would, in his last dying words, tell someone to go post on his NG account. More likely would be something like what happened when LiveCorpse died, and a friend made an account to tell us.

I totally would.

I'm serious. I'll probably post on general what my last words should be before telling whoever to post on my account.

But if I was hit by a car or something then yeah that might be difficult.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 2/5/09 10:10 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/5/09 04:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I think more implausible is that he would, in his last dying words, tell someone to go post on his NG account.
That's another reason I forgot to mention. The whole thing just seems like a poorly executed charade...

Seems to be the case the more you look at it. 20 year old who was on a semi pro football team, who kept himself in good shape dying of heart attacks? And then in his last words he tells someone to let people know on a website that he's dead? It doesn't make total sense. I won't believe he's dead until I see the obituary.

In more related news, I had my first interview yesterday and the results were inconclusive. They said that they want me to apply on the companies website and then in a few weeks they will let me know if they want me back for another interview. I'm not sure how it went because I did give a weak answer on one of the questions. Other than that, I thought I did a decent job of answering the questions. I have another interview next Tuesday so hopefully I'll have a stronger showing with that.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 02:54 AM Reply

At 2/5/09 11:07 PM, 36Holla wrote: I have another interview next Tuesday so hopefully I'll have a stronger showing with that.

Good luck with that, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

I always think I did worse in interviews than I actually did, so you never know.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 03:36 AM Reply

At 2/6/09 02:54 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/5/09 11:07 PM, 36Holla wrote: I have another interview next Tuesday so hopefully I'll have a stronger showing with that.
Good luck with that, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

I always think I did worse in interviews than I actually did, so you never know.

I'd like to think the same thing. It wasn't a horrible interview either. The person who did it was very nice and helped me relax when I was answering the questions save the one. I just wish they could tell me what they were going to do sooner than a few weeks. The anxiety of finding a job after school is getting worse every day especially with the economy the way it is.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 07:29 PM Reply

so, today i received my Semester Finals (Midterms) grades in the mail, and according to that, i got

European Literature- A-

Advanced History- A

Journalism- A+

Creative Writing- B+

phew, i thought i failed them

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 2/6/09 03:36 AM, 36Holla wrote: ...It wasn't a horrible interview either. The person who did it was very nice and helped me relax when I was answering the questions save the one. I just wish they could tell me what they were going to do sooner than a few weeks.

You did fine from the sound of it. Along as they are still interested in you, that's all that matters.

The anxiety of finding a job after school is getting worse every day especially with the economy the way it is.

Tell me about it. I'm been out of school for a while and I'm still trying to find a permanent job. If you don't have any relevant work experience then they don't want you at all.

At 2/6/09 07:29 PM, JKMonkey wrote: so, today i received my Semester Finals (Midterms) grades in the mail, and according to that, i got

Congrats :)

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 03:53 PM Reply

so, hows college been for everyone this week?

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 06:56 PM Reply

Registering for all my tutorials today, i managed to sort my timetable so i only have to go to uni on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to College Life Club Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 07:04 PM Reply

I still can't get over the fact that you guys get to choose your lectures timetables........... I mean, how many people are on your courses? And how many people in each lecture?

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 2/10/09 07:04 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I still can't get over the fact that you guys get to choose your lectures timetables........... I mean, how many people are on your courses? And how many people in each lecture?

Not that we really get to choose, its more like "heres the times/days that this lecture/tutorial is on, pick one of em quick before it fills up."

Its a matter of first in, first served, so you pick the times most suited to your schedule, and hope for the best that the way you sorted it out is how its going to stay.

As for how many in each lecture, it depends on what you're doing. And even then im not entirley sure how many, but for each of the lectures for my units (being compulsory you don't need to register), the number of places left are around the 100's. So im assuming that the numbers are high enough so that everybody who chose to do this key program is basically guaranteed to get a spot.

Although im 100% sure theres no way that there is 100 people doing Property.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to College Life Club Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 07:15 PM Reply

I mean, there are 100 people on my course and we all do the same shit.... we have all the same lectures in the same lecture halls at the same times every week... even my friend doing Medicine, in a year of like 450 or something, has some lectures with the entire year...

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Meh, im not to sure about any of it really :/ ill figure it out during the 2nd semester, by then i have to transfer to a different campus as well so it changes again :/ And i just registered for Business Academic Skills, horrah!

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:19 AM Reply

I wish I got to pick my lecture times. I wouldn't pick any 9am lectures for a start.

*glances at time*... 43 minutes until the THREE HOUR MORNING LECTURE starts.

*cries*

42 minutes.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 04:12 AM Reply

At 2/11/09 03:19 AM, NEVR wrote: I wish I got to pick my lecture times. I wouldn't pick any 9am lectures for a start.

My Monday's start at 9am, and the day finishes at 6pm.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 10:16 AM Reply

So, I had a job interview yesterday and by all means it went well; ten times better than my phone interview last month. I find face to face interviews are less torturous than phone.

Even though, the job has nothing to do with my major or degree it's still a good job considering the current work environment in this economy.

And yeah, don't underestimate extra curricular activities on your resume; mine was really a lifesaver since my work history is really short.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 11:08 AM Reply

As it turns out, 3 hour long lectures on Shakespeare given by Portuguese women who have very strong accents are NOT the easiest way of spending your mornings.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 12:43 PM Reply

Yesterday I had my second interview and it didn't go that well. The questions they asked were different than I the types that I had prepared for. For almost every question I had to think for a few seconds to come up with an answer. I know it's generally ok to do that, but I hate having to come up with something for a question that I haven't thought that they would ask me. I got out of there feeling like both the people who interviewed me were not interested in me at all. They shook my hand but their body language just seemed very uninterested and complacent. I can only hope they do that with every person because I got a bad vibe from them.

I'll find out what's going to happen in a week. At the very least, I now a few more types of questions that can be asked in interviews now.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:36 PM Reply

So today, i found out that my whole college class has to go to a 4 hour long lecture Saturday evening where we listen to piano music, its called an "intonation lecture" or something, the pamphlet i got in the mail today said its suppose to raise class morale, anyone else have to take this lecture?

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 03:36 PM, JKMonkey wrote: anyone else have to take this lecture?

I know back in high school my Business Studies teacher would always play classical music through class, he said it helped you take in more/remember, etc and said to use it as a study technique. I used it and i managed to get just beyond average for my final exams, compared to the crappy marks i had been getting through the year.

Thats probably what it is.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 03:44 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Thats probably what it is.

maybe, we all have to go to the auditorium and some old guy (he's like 94) plays some piano music for 4 hours long

it sounds extremely boring

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 01:19 PM Reply

So, today i had a big Euro. Lit. test about Francesco Petrarch and i think i failed it

really hope i didnt

So hows college going for everyone this week?

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to College Life Club Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 02:28 PM Reply

Classical music has been proven to help raise concentration and improve grades n shit.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 2/13/09 02:28 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Classical music has been proven to help raise concentration and improve grades n shit.

thats what the pamphlet said, i wonder how it does that

hhhhmmmmm

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 2/5/09 12:27 AM, SupraAddict wrote: http://corky52.newgrounds.com/

I though you should know.

Lmao, grow up.

They do if they were born with a bad heart. And I almost had two heart attacks in the same day. It happens to me every now and then, but it's never been as bad as this one. I might be visiting the hospital next time it acts up.

Anyway, college has been extremely busy for me the last week or so. I've finally caught up a little bit, but it's going to get busy again rather quickly in the next couple of days.

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 07:20 PM Reply

Funny how today, being Friday the 13th, is also the day I've got to hand in 2 papers and a project...

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 2/13/09 07:20 PM, Fleshlight wrote: Funny how today, being Friday the 13th, is also the day I've got to hand in 2 papers and a project...

hey same here, in what class?

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature