Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Firestarter"

The presentation is nice, It feels polished and finished.
I mean by that, that I can play and finish the game without thinking about any issue :)
the style is cool, music is non invasive and also the gameplay mechanic is simple.
But it is maybe too simple...in its own complexity.

Keeping the balance between 0% and not letting the city prosper is just a simple gymnastic, but it gets very frustrating when you can lose at any moment because you didn't properly pay too much attention to your percentage.
My points and my life did not get any of my attention as I was focused to start burning down building when I reach 30%.
That being said I enjoyed the game and it is different of what you did bring up previously.
I wish there was a deeper goal in all that except that I used to love FLCL.

SilverwareGames responds:

This feedback helps a lot. When we've been playtesting a lot of people needed to focus on the percentage and I know it might be nice to just burn without the constraints. This gives me the idea that down the line we might make "Free Burn" mode where you just rack up points as fast as possible.

pretty fun for a while but it gets a bit boring

SilverwareGames responds:

Glad you had fun, hopefully we'll be able to add more stuff to keep players interested for longer.

I remember watching flcl on adult swim when I was a kid and saw this little game in the show but never thought anything of it.
It's real neat to be able to kinda actually play it.
Good job, short and sweet for a little game we know practically nothing about.

SilverwareGames responds:

Thanks! The description was so good we had to fill in the blanks.

Great artwork, nice music, not my kinda game. I grew tired of it quick and wish i could of used my directional pad instead of my mouse.

SilverwareGames responds:

Thanks for playing. We would love to make a little plastic handheld with a diagonal D-PAD to move around, but I know nothing about how to make hardware!

Interesting concept. Simple and easy to play. I like the artwork. Going forward, it would make sense to incorporate levels and different cities into the game.

SilverwareGames responds:

Thanks for playing! We do hope to do more with it.