Reviews for "Infectonator : Survivors"

pewds fight with me

In short; this game has much potential, but is too imbalanced for now

The problem that sticks out like a sore thumb obviously is the randomness of the resources. Some players -but not everyone- complained about how scarce the resources are. Truth is, some players can visit three locations and find more than 11 supplies, 2 weapons, 7 gas tanks and lots of money. But others will do the exact same effort (search every object, kill every zombie etc.) yet only could find 3 supplies, no weapons and 4 gas tanks, then get game over. The second unlucky group will be understandably frustrated, and with good reason, they did everything by the book then they were let down because the resource allocation -was rubbish. So the problem isn't that there are too few resources, but rather that the minimum amount of resources that you -the player- can find is too low.

I can see why some players would complain about the controls, but that hasn't been a problem for me. More importantly, I can't tell for sure, but the game doesn't seem to save or give you an option to save your progress each day. You'll find a profile box at the top left corner of the start screen, but click it and you'll only get and empty panel. If it's true that the save isn't working then it makes this game less inviting to play, and even less when you count the imbalanced resources. It just doesn't make it worth the effort.

Though the developers should be given the benefit of the doubt since this is still in the alpha phase, so we'll see if they pick up the slack and balance out these flaws, that would bring the full potential of this game. Talking about its better features, the pixel art style looks promising and so is the creative character design. The random generated map is great and the character equipment and customization works well. Gameplay seems entertaining but I still wouldn't recommend playing it -yet-, at least til they've worked out some of the kinks.

All in all it's never fair to give a rating to a game that isn't even in the testing phase, you can't really speculate about a developer's intentions til you see their end product. But I will say this, I hope the makers of the game will pay close attention to what their fans are writing in here. If they focus on the features that the players enjoyed, and fixed the setbacks that were bugging many people then they'll bring this out to be a very well-made game.

Rating: None (alpha)

OK THIS IS IN CAPS BECAUSE ITS REALY IMPORTANT. I JUST ENCOUNTERED A BUG WERE THE SCREEN DOES NOT CHANGE WHEN THE "GO ON" ACTIVATES. THE SURVIVORS LEAVE TO GO TO THE NEW AREA AND THE OBSTACLES AND ZOMBIES LOAD IN BUT THEY CANNOT BE SEEN. I JUST GOT A GAME OVER ON MY BEST RUN SO FAR BECAUSE OF THIS. I WAS USING THE COP AND CRIMINAL TEAM AND I HAD FOUND THE CHEERLEADER SURVIVOR. PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS BECAUSE THIS SERIOUSLY CRIPPLES THE GAME BECAUSE OF THE PERMADEATH MECHANIC.

this game is awesome but the controls are trolling me D:

The controls are so annoying.