For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 199 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "Scrap Metal"

The game is way too luck based.

DarkTimmy responds:

Thanks for playing! You know what's strange, there are patterns for the bosses. They have specific round to round tendencies they always follow. That said - there is an element of randomness to mix things up. I appreciate the feedback though and thanks for playing! best, -Tim

[Insert the exact same complain everyone has had until now here.]
The thing you could do to dramatically improve this game is make the combats go in several batches. I mean, don't make the user issue 10 commands in advance and then let him see what happens. Batches of 3 would be better.

I've studied the opponents a bit and they seem to react to how you hit (smash a single move 10 times, and they'll eventually learn and block it/counter it every single time). LET THE USER DO THAT TOO. Pick and resolve, moves 1-3, then the game stops. Pick and resolve moves 4-6, game stops. Easy enough, and a big improvement.

Interface suggestions: Change the "pounder beats sizzle" text boxes in the bottom left of the screen to icons that represent the hits, so the played can see it more clearly. Also, you need to show on-screen which move is being done by each robot every round, to get the player more familiar with it quickly.

Those 3 changes and I'd say the game would be a 4-star, at least:
- Transmit commands in batches of 3 instead of all 10 of them at the same time (with MAYBE the 10th command being issued independently, and given extra importance in some way).
- Swap text explanations for icons wherever possible
- Add a visible indication of which move is being performed in every round by each robot.

Cheers!

DarkTimmy responds:

Great stuff and yeah -it become pretty obvious there was a LOT that could be done to improve the game. Love your suggestions and I think a re-boot of Scrap Metal would be well served by following some of your suggestions as well as looking at other basic improvement. That said, thanks for the comment and the play! Best, -Tim

I literally have no idea what was happening in this game. Needs better instructions and the fight screen has WAY too much crap on it

DarkTimmy responds:

HA! Hey, I'll put up a tutorial for people who need one. I think it would mos-def help! Thanks for at least checking it out! Best, -Tim

There aren't any real decisions in this game.

You do about 5 seconds of math at the beginning of a fight to determine your best attack, and then you choose it 10 times. Really poorly designed. 1/5

DarkTimmy responds:

HA! Well - I think the more correct term might be poor execution though design fits the bill well enough. I love the concept but the overall AI doesn't work as well as I like. There could have been little augmentations to the gameplay like a trainer or small arm upgrades. You points are valid enough though and thanks for playing and taking a moment to comment! I do appreciate it. Best, -Tim

Far too much is left to sheer luck. There is no real strategy - ergo it requires no true thought to get through the game... just willpower. I think that this could be re-done much, much better.

DarkTimmy responds:

Agree! Working on making it better and possibly a huge update to the AI. That said, thanks for the comment and the play! Best, -Tim