Reviews for "Scrap Metal"

Strategy-based game despite the huge luck component.

Yes what the enemies will do does seem random, so mostly mixing it up with what you do yields good results at least eventually.

But what you really want to do is look at the arm stats and equip the better arms as that'll really make all the difference and don't assume later boss equals better arm because it doesn't always and some boss arms are better than several bosses beyond it.

You want large offense and also large KO threshold stats and pay attention to which attacks you get the offensive bonuses on because you'll want to focus on mostly using those attacks and hoping the enemy doesn't counter that strategy.

Early on you can just go with equipping the next arm, but sometime around Paleozoic you should realize "this arm is terrible". You'll probably need Purple Nurple before you can go back and get Hambone and then Bulldozer and of those you should stick with Hambone when you get it.

Once you get Bubble Boo pretty much just stick with that arm for a long time though you should switch to Bear Paw once you finally get there. Once you finally get Grave Digger, stick with that for the rest of the game and/or swap it out with FlySwatter which may be needed along with luck to get some of the remaining arms.

Most of the other arms are either unremarkable or bad, with the exception of Royal Flush which is pretty good, just not as good as Grave Digger or FlySwatter which you will probably have by that point anyway.

This game is very cool but long

DarkTimmy responds:

HA! Yah, it can for for a bit! Thanks for the play and the comment too! I appreciate your time! Best, -Tim

This is a fun fighting game. All the medals work. I am the KO King.

DarkTimmy responds:

Awesome! So glad you liked it. Thank you for the play and the comment! I appreciate it! If you like check out my blog here for the news on my latest game! Best, -Tim

Well, it did take me a few tries to get the feel of it. Once I did though, the game flowed really smooth. I did really enjoy the wise crackin old man. Oh, and I got all the medals bitches!! WOIK IT!!!

DarkTimmy responds:

HAHA! Thank you so much for the nice comment, glad you enjoyed the game! Best, -Tim

This game deserves much more than it actually is getting, the concept is definitely there, it just needs a few AI kinks worked out of it, and this is 100% NOT for a person who wants to play a quick round without putting thought into it, the AI actually seem to have some very complex combos that will throw into their mix each and every time, the key is to fight the opponents multiple times so you have to learn the combos they have, for instance in the yellow teir, fight 4 i believe (enemy has K.O threshold of 18) he has a reliable start of PPP and an x chance of S and a y chance of R on the 4th round it seems, didn't study beyond that but it is a reliable pattern (may have the actual types of punches wrong here but it is 3 of x then 1 of y or z)

Helpful thoughts for the creator:
1 make a tutorial level that shows the choices the opposing bot is making to demonstrate the intricate AI in this game so players can understand more about how the game works. This needs to be done to prevent some of these scathing reviews that have developed as a result of not fully understanding the time and energy put into the AI

In Short: great game, needs a proper tutorial to demonstrate the AI, deserves a solid 9/10

Pros: great AI and gameplay, graphics, audio, even the effort put in to make a story out of this somehow (turned out great)

cons: difficulty curve between teirs, lack of a tutorial, the AI as great as it is is also it's own worst enemy without that tutorial

DarkTimmy responds:

HAAAAAAAAAA!!! Well thanks. I appreciate the people playing the game and I do want to improve! Thank you for the comment and look for more games! Great suggestions! I put it on the list I'm making. Feel free to contact me at hello (at) donleytimefoundation (dot) com if you want to be on the list for a possible beta on upcoming games! Thanks for the comment and play! I appreciate it! Best, -Tim