Reviews for "Scrap Metal"

The KO thresholds don't fucking work :(

DarkTimmy responds:

Hmmm thanks for playing but are you sure. I thought they were working too but you have to exceed them first and then you can knock a guy out the next round. I'll check it and thanks for the feedback! Best, -Tim

The game is not that bad at all. Love the sound effects and the type of robots, but (in my opinion, really) this game doesn't require some, you know, kind of skills.
At some point become frustrating because you can't anticipate or know what choise will let you win.
I guess it's based of more luck % because i can't imagine a type of strategy.
Btw don't get it to lose, it's a nice idea and you did a pretty good job. :)

DarkTimmy responds:

Yeah - I think there is a nice idea in here that could use some iterations to work out the kinks. I like this revision but it's pretty clear once it was out in the wild how many little things might have been improved! Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it! I'll keep people posted if a new update goes up! Best, -Tim

Why am i only seeing dark screen with music? Nothing shows up to select.

DarkTimmy responds:

Drop me a line. I have seen this problem and I would love to help. Someone mentioned reinstalling Flash did the trick for them. The things I know are - it does load for me on all browsers.That doesn't help you BUT it does tell me it might be on your end. If you clear your cache and then reload it might do the trick. Also - a different browser might get it working. If you don't want to do any of that just contact me directly at hello (at) donleytimefoundation (dot) com or PM me here. We'll get it sorted!

Don't base it so much on pure luck, because otherwise this is just a random number generator. You can break the 10 moves into 1 move per round and apply the rock-paper-scissors logic (if the bot choose paper, the next one should be rock, because he thinks you're going to use scissors), but base it on a little bit of luck and the AI difficulty level. That way you still have luck but you also have some logic and the difficulty will change the outcome aswell.

DarkTimmy responds:

Yep - agree on all points. I was pretty hyped when I made it. I feel it has some potential that never really gets going. Ah well, I did learn a lot from it and it was a fun go round to make. Love the AI suggestion too! Maybe in the sequel or a major update! Thanks for playing and taking a moment to comment! I do appreciate it. Best, -Tim

Not very good. Even relying in dumb luck would have been better. All robots seem to have a type of move they are mostly inclided to use, so by spamming a single comand all 10 rounds, you have high chances of either beat the hell out of the other robot or block the hit. If you lose, that means that the oponent prefer the third punch, so you simply change the command you spam to win the fight.
Knowing this, just get Bubble Boo and spam Pounder (except against Gary the Flat and The Light, who like to Sizzle) to win all fights. Upgrade to Bear Paw when available.
Very easy game, and doesn't require any planning.

DarkTimmy responds:

Yep - I think there was too much potential unrealized here. Mos-def could use an overhaul and some tweaks. DANG IT! HAHAH I love the idea here. Next time it will be better! Thanks for the comment and the play! I appreciate it. Best, -Tim