Reviews for "Scrap Metal"

I can't say I like it a lot. There really is no strategy after the first three fights. Maybe there is strategy in choosing the correct fist down the road, but when you reach the bulldozer, it just seems completely unfair that his stats are extremely high). I think I may have fought the fifth robot 15 times before I won and I'm not about to spend 50 tries trying to beat Bulldozer. It is also extremely annoying to have to choose the 10 options when a random button would be better and quicker. The choice option also doesn't hold much value when three hits from nearly any of your opponents attacks can kill you. Still, the art and gameplay are solid and I haven't found any bugs.

DarkTimmy responds:

Yeah, I'm actually thinking of an update to address that. I'm looking at some options to enhance the basic play - a random button is interesting. It's weird, the game balance seemed OK while testing but you know how things can go from test to ship and suddenly the thing you thought was no big deal is utter crap! HAHAHAH! DANG IT! Thank you for checking it out. Glad you took a moment to play it! Best, -Tim

The idea is nice, but needs a bit more variety in the game play. Additional punches, special punch...but it'd something different

DarkTimmy responds:

Yeah - I think the idea and potential are solid but it is lacking some of the finer points of truly engaging gameplay. It's too bad too since I actually liked the concept here a lot. I feel it needs another round and then it will be pretty nice. It's funny that some of the main issues didn't really show up until it was out in the wild. In the playtests it did pretty well and I let quite a few people have a go at it. Rave reviews but I think we all know how those can not always be the best barometers! HA!! Thanks for the comment! Best, -Tim

I was not that entertained by this game. It seemed like an awful lot of work just to get some medals. I couldn't really understand what the point of cheering or booing was. It seemed too complicated for itself. I would have preferred a more standard fighting game. There isn't much motivation to go on.

I do think that the designs are fairly good and it does seem like you were trying something different. I always appreciate that. It could just be more enjoyable. It seems like most people think this is okay, too. Those are my thoughts.

DarkTimmy responds:

Totally agree. I think the only thing pushing a lot of people through are the medals. Overall the game is a nice idea with some flaw that hold it way back. The game just doesn't seem to engage too hard with the variety. I am thinking about a sequel with some tweaks and new modes. Maybe that will do it! Thanks for the comment too! Best, -Tim (check out my Boss 101 sequel if you want to see the latest - my Newgrounds blog has the deets)

The effort put into this deserves the frontpage it got

DarkTimmy responds:

HA! Thanks! I think it could use some improvements for sure but I'm so glad you liked it!
Thanks for the comment and the play! I appreciate it! Best, -Tim

Needs a way to scroll through text at your own pace.

DarkTimmy responds:

OH! Good idea!! !Thanks for the comment and the play! I appreciate it. Best, -Tim