Reviews for "Scrap Metal"

The game is way too luck based.

DarkTimmy responds:

Thanks for playing! You know what's strange, there are patterns for the bosses. They have specific round to round tendencies they always follow. That said - there is an element of randomness to mix things up. I appreciate the feedback though and thanks for playing! best, -Tim

Sounds are annoying after a while, and the Game isnt really new at itself, is it?
Also 2 Stars.

DarkTimmy responds:

Thanks for the play! I appreciate you giving it a go! Mos-def there is room for improvement! Best, -Tim

[Insert the exact same complain everyone has had until now here.]
The thing you could do to dramatically improve this game is make the combats go in several batches. I mean, don't make the user issue 10 commands in advance and then let him see what happens. Batches of 3 would be better.

I've studied the opponents a bit and they seem to react to how you hit (smash a single move 10 times, and they'll eventually learn and block it/counter it every single time). LET THE USER DO THAT TOO. Pick and resolve, moves 1-3, then the game stops. Pick and resolve moves 4-6, game stops. Easy enough, and a big improvement.

Interface suggestions: Change the "pounder beats sizzle" text boxes in the bottom left of the screen to icons that represent the hits, so the played can see it more clearly. Also, you need to show on-screen which move is being done by each robot every round, to get the player more familiar with it quickly.

Those 3 changes and I'd say the game would be a 4-star, at least:
- Transmit commands in batches of 3 instead of all 10 of them at the same time (with MAYBE the 10th command being issued independently, and given extra importance in some way).
- Swap text explanations for icons wherever possible
- Add a visible indication of which move is being performed in every round by each robot.

Cheers!

DarkTimmy responds:

Great stuff and yeah -it become pretty obvious there was a LOT that could be done to improve the game. Love your suggestions and I think a re-boot of Scrap Metal would be well served by following some of your suggestions as well as looking at other basic improvement. That said, thanks for the comment and the play! Best, -Tim

Not very good. Even relying in dumb luck would have been better. All robots seem to have a type of move they are mostly inclided to use, so by spamming a single comand all 10 rounds, you have high chances of either beat the hell out of the other robot or block the hit. If you lose, that means that the oponent prefer the third punch, so you simply change the command you spam to win the fight.
Knowing this, just get Bubble Boo and spam Pounder (except against Gary the Flat and The Light, who like to Sizzle) to win all fights. Upgrade to Bear Paw when available.
Very easy game, and doesn't require any planning.

DarkTimmy responds:

Yep - I think there was too much potential unrealized here. Mos-def could use an overhaul and some tweaks. DANG IT! HAHAH I love the idea here. Next time it will be better! Thanks for the comment and the play! I appreciate it. Best, -Tim

Well, i beat 26 out of 30 fights by just spamming pounders with a high attack power.

DarkTimmy responds:

DANG! I know, a lot of unrealized potential but I did learn a lot from it! I appreciate people playing the game and I do want to improve! Thank you for the comment and look for more games! Best, -Tim