Reviews for "Hunters - Relic of Stars"

Pretty darn good

It's great to see you can do serious stuff as well, and do it well. This was actually kind of addicting for me. Some of the later stages were challenging, but sometimes in an odd order - when I got to the warehouse-like part of the stage, that was way harder for me than the boss that came afterward (or maybe it would be more appropriate to call it a miniboss - whatever). Then the game got a bit easy until the final boss, which beat me about 10 times until I actually passed it. The first boss was also a bit easier than the platforming that surrounds it.

One little unnecessarily tough part was in the portion of the game where you teamed up with that one guy. You seemingly arrive at a dead end, and by chance you discover 'oh, that's not a floor, that's an elevator'. It blends in perfectly, which isn't too great. Also, the machine gun feels useless - you don't have to use it at all, and indeed I didn't - there's no knockback when enemies are hit.

I won't spend too much time on the art. I figured people have said enough already. I do realize, however, that it doesn't make the game alone, and in all honesty, you did about as good as I could. Maybe even better. You do have time to improve for future stages, so that's something you might want to consider. Nice talent in the voice-acting department. I especially like the conversations during playtime - they add a lot of atmosphere and dynamics to the game (which is part of the reason why I like Sonic Heroes so much, when few others do). Unlockables are also a plus.

In addition, many nice little touches (thank you for skipping cutscenes if you have to redo portions of the game) demonstrate that you know what you're doing. I can't wait to play the next stages.

Rhete responds:

Thanks for the very detailed review. About the elevator part in particular you made an extremely good point there, I've changed the elevator graphics so they stand out more, to make it more obvious what to do when you reach that room a second time. I'm not sure the update has gone live yet as it needs to get approved, but I posted it last night so hopefully it has.

good but

i accidently pressed the quit button i would have to restart the whole game over again. other than that great music and gameplay. almost perfect.

Rhete responds:

You wouldn't have to restart the whole thing, the game saves automatically at most checkpoints.

amazin,

-1 for easy artworks
overall GREAT GAME.
thats all there is for improvement,
no bugs found so far,

well it was good....

I have to admit, for a Metroid : Zero Mission imitation(Zero suit Samus), it wasn't bad. Although you should improve graphics and shooting controls. Not only that but you should have a menu option during gameplay that allows you to switch between the shooting styles. Oh, and a health bar upgrade would not be bad ether since 5 bars is pretty low and you want it to make it feel more like a great game ..............WITH UPGRADES AND UNLOCKABLES!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Oh, and if you have played though the second part of the Metroid:ZM game(space pirate part), you should know what i mean by the earlier passage!! And if not, I'm sorry and i will explain it to you if you want!! I'm nice like that!!!! Hahahahhahahahaaaa!!!!

overall

not a bad game graphics dont make a game whatever the load of idiots will say id rather play this then some of those "greater games" with their stiff controls or are wayy to easy and stuff like that but I have to say even tho you should work on the animation abit it was enjoyable