Reviews for "Hunters - Relic of Stars"

Nice

I loved the game and the fact you used voice acting with it, but did you really have to use rina's tired behind?

A very nice tribute to the classics!

I appreciate the idea of making an old school platformer like this. Very Metroidish, and that's not a bad thing. The graphics aren't top notch, but who cares: solid gameplay always surpasses visuals in importance.

Pros:
+ I was surprised how compelling the story was for a flash game.
+ The checkpoints were appropriately placed.
+ Map system ok.
+ The challenge system made it like pretty much a new experience.
+ The main boss was well designed! It truly grasped the same feeling as many bosses in similar games before: success lies in the combination of trial and error, learning the behaviour and fast reflexes.

Cons:
- Although too much complexity should be avoided I think the control system or game play mechanics could use some kind of extra spice. Well, who knows, maybe the latter stages will include something like that(?).
- Not a big thing, but some of the walls look like they could be walked through (= they look more like background).
- The map could show the rooms that you've visited before (like in many Metroid games for example).

All in all, as I played the first level through on the normal skill level, I grew to like the game more. At first I was considering giving this a 7, then it rose to a 8 and now I ended up giving this a 9! :) Looking forward for the sequels. Good job!

What a pleasant surprise

Oh look, it's a game. I can't say I was expecting much from the maker of "Press Space to Win". But this is fun. Pretty simple, like the old games you are paying tribute to, but still very much enjoyable to play.

The voice acting was decent as well. Even Rina-Chan, who sure as hell can't write, but is an okay actress. D Mac is quite talented. The other two, who are obviously rather obscure, show much promise.

I don't know if this was on purpose, but your artistic style is very rudimentary. Colors, lines, and gradients. Of course this comes secondary to a solid gaming experience, but you could brush up on that.

rina-chan?

mutey mute mute mute

While the music is pretty forgettable, everything else hits home with me. The controls are tight, the bosses are intense, the voice acting is surprisingly good, and the cutscenes look great.