Reviews for "They Came From Nam"

What?!

Woah, this is definitly the most random game that I have ever played for the NG Game Jams. I had to continually spit out fireballs (I think?) to get rid of the papers coming towards me. Even if I avoided them, they still came to me before they left the screen! Maybe you could just let them go, okay? Anyway, what was cool was that it was a pretty original idea, I mean who would ever think of a game where a giraffe was papercutted to death? I think this might have originally had the name "Giraffe".

The graphics are decent but the main problem is that it is just too dang hard! I fire my weapons at these papers and even the smallest ones take forever to kill! I do always look for uniqueness and you definitley delivered in that sense. It was nice to have so many people working on this. I have not heard of most of them, but you should always give anyone a try.

Manly-Chicken responds:

Try charging after every shot.

not bad not bad at all

for a 72 hour game i say its good
like you said its a little tricky to get the hang of on your first try or two

if your planning on continuing this project may i recommend some other types of weapons. Also i recommend putting some sort of healing power-up or live system so one mistake doesn't ruin a good run.

like i said for a 72 hour game it is worthy of being a exceptional flash game and its probably better than anything i could make in 72 hours

Thanks for the advice!

Not too Shabby

For a 3 day game It's not too shabby. Music's good and your completely insane concept Isn't that bad either.. Burning Giraffe shooting fire balls at paper air planes from Nam? I say Yes! Good job

Thanks!

Great Game but...

What I Expected for a 3 day game from scratch but it seems to be missing a few things like a life bar.

If you keep working on this you could have something really good.7/10

Manly-Chicken responds:

It does have a life bar. It's how on fire you are.

Fun time sink with to little to do.

The game itself is fine, I feel like if you had a week to fully flesh this game out it would be something really cool deserving of a front page mention. Maybe some upgrades health pick ups or whatever.

For a 72 hour challenge this is just about what I would expect, just a bit above average I'd say. Not that I could do better.

The black birds are a bit ridiculous for a second level enemy, but whatever.

All and all this is a great game, and of the challenge games this is the only one I'd actually like to see fully fleshed out at some point. Good job.

Manly-Chicken responds:

Thanks for breaking the bad review streak! :D