Reviews for "Luminiscense"

WOW!

Probably one of THE BEST movies on Newgrounds when 1940 popped up I was like "NO....no...no.." then France pops up and I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Very fantastic can't wait to see the next movie.

Awesome

liked it nice work and keep it up

I'm sorry...

You said you were 15??? You looked like you were like... 7.

Not gonna lie

That wasnt supposed to be funny but i laughed my ass off "France 1940"

Melodramatic and badly thought out

It hurts me to leave a negative review for such a skillfull piece of art, however I must express my disapointment with the whole concept of this work. It is obviously exaggerated, enormously melodramatic and hunts for cheap emotional effects. I understand, that you were primary adressing the symbolism in your work, however it comes over as a fastly written drama, one you will find in so called "soap operas" by the dozens. Beginning with the obviously non french name of the girl, to the senseless attack of an entire "Luftwaffe" squadron on a military unimportant field. No presence of french armed forces, no roads, no infrastructure at all. Not even for the sake of terror would any sensible military force bomb a simple piece of nature like that. You just animated it for the cheap effect of it.
The very beautiful artwork, the excellent choice of music, the somewhat ancient looking wonderful color tone have been a waste sadly. Wasted on a rushed 08/15 drama.
Of course artworks of these callibers, the perfect voice actings (why don't they speak french? It reminds me of hollywoods remakes of excellent european movies just because we all are too lazy to read some simple subtitles.), the wonderful atmosphere, excellent choice of music and the love for details in this fluent and wonderful to look at animation deserves nothing but the highest praise. It would be a shame to give a work like that another rating than 10 out of 10. The talent is the result of long and hard work. It obviously lacks any kind of direction, substance and research, however this has nothing to do with your skill as an artist. Please accept my criticism as what it is.