Reviews for "Thousand Dollar Soul"

Very good for those who can enjoy it.

Probably one of, if not the best, choose your own adventures I've seen. It does a good job of putting you in the shoes of the main character, and giving you the same limited information he would have in such a situation. It also does a good job of actually having choices split the story, rather than having numerous "death trap" choices, wherein the goal is simply to choose the correct choices leading to a single or a few endings.

Good Job.

Haunting

The chilling absurdity that defines this game, the artwork, the visual appeal, the disturbing reality that defines the Future Todd...This is without a doubt one of the better interactive fiction games I've played.

My suggestions for improvement are minimal, and all I can suggest now is that future submissions prove just as well executed as this one.

Great!

As a child of the 90s Choose Your Own Adventure Books were always a great read for me and I'm glad to see that folks are making flash submissions in homage to them. I'm not sure if this was your intent, but the sci-fi elements really reminded me at parts of The Thirteenth Floor, which I think was a nice touch. Great use of mood music as well.

GregLoire responds:

I haven't seen The Thirteenth Floor, but several people have compared it to that, so I might have to check it out.

Great idea!

The idea is pretty cool. The story is confusing and some of the ending can get really boring. But the bottom line the consept of the story is pretty good and the music is excellent.

You should really think about placing the music on NG, I believe there are countless number of games and movies here that can be made with this sound track.

Also, you should really add Medals for each ending.

Well done!

I think this was one of the best Choose Your Own Adventure stories I've ever read! I don't think it was really as hard to get all the endings as you let on, though, it just takes a little persistence. I managed to get 33 endings before I decided to check the walkthrough and unlock the last two, though it really was well-written.